"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:56 am

Viz just announced vol 3 for July.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:25 am

sintzu wrote:Viz just announced vol 3 for July.
Now there's something to talk about. Or is it? Meshack?
Caulifla best girl! :)

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Volumes are coming approximately every 6 months, so we can expect vol.4 around Xmas next year... By then Japan will probably already have vol.6 out.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:06 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:You know, I'm kinda surprised about the fact that nobody is really talking about Viz's translation of Super manga volume 2 came out yesterday, when almost everyone was talking about volume 1 when that came out here. What's up with that?
We've already read every chapter and the volume exclusive pages and jokes got translated months ago

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:13 am

IM21 wrote:Volumes are coming approximately every 6 months, so we can expect vol.4 around Xmas next year... By then Japan will probably already have vol.6 out.
It seems like they're waiting for the anime to catch up which doesn't make sense cause satying ahead will bring in new sales as the manga will be truly new content.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:51 am

Not sure if anyone else has posted it.
https://www.narutoforums.org/threads/to ... 7.1120456/
Dragon ball manga is number 19.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:41 pm

Hawk9211 wrote:Not sure if anyone else has posted it.
https://www.narutoforums.org/threads/to ... 7.1120456/
Dragon ball manga is number 19.
While it's a great number for a recent manga, it's also small, but ONLY because its monthly release. Imagine if it was weekly and we got more volumes a year how this number would be so much bigger! Still, I'm very happy!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:33 pm

Hawk9211 wrote:Not sure if anyone else has posted it: https://www.narutoforums.org/threads/to ... 7.1120456/
Dragon Ball manga is number 19.
You mean Super manga, right? Cause that's a pretty low number for the original manga.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:04 pm

So what do you think next week chapter will focus on?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:17 pm

pacz360 wrote:So what do you think next week chapter will focus on?
Mostly on Freeza with it maybe ending with everyone getting to the tournament.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:23 pm

By looking at the pacing,he is gonna take his time with this recruitment so at best i expect jiren motivation to be revealed since the manga don't like having secrets or mysteries,goku recruiting 18,krillin and buu,maybe they show some of the other universe ending with #17 ranging his park :lol:.
    These leaks will probaly come out in december 15 instead of 21.
    Mostly active on discord.

pacz360
    I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:36 pm

sintzu wrote:
    Nah doubt he'll rush it he'll take his time
    Besides does think toyo will try to make some of the fighters in the manga around ssjg level at one of them from each universe?
    Or nah not really

Black Hawk
    Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:09 pm

This may be wishful thinking as a Gohan fan, but I'm hoping that Vegeta's statements recently, as well as prior to the tournament with Universe Six, that Gohan-kun's potential exceeds everyone else's and that they should train him might result in Vegeta training him, perhaps in the Room of Spirit and Time, while Gokū recruits others, followed by Gohan-kun challenging Gokū to a serious sparring match as he does in the anime, showing Gokū that he'd too hastily ruled his son out as a teammate. The bonus chapter with Gohan-kun training in the gravity chamber is a good sign, even if only a small one.

I'm not holding my breath, however.
    "Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
    Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Hawk9211
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:41 am

Noah wrote:
    Hawk9211 wrote:Not sure if anyone else has posted it: https://www.narutoforums.org/threads/to ... 7.1120456/
    Dragon Ball manga is number 19.
    You mean Super manga, right? Cause that's a pretty low number for the original manga.
    Yeah
    The gr wrote:
      These leaks will probaly come out in december 15 instead of 21.
      Isn’t the official release 21 and spoilers early?side from that I heard we might get early official release with early leaks.
      pacz360 wrote:
      sintzu wrote:
      Nah doubt he'll rush it he'll take his time
      Besides does think toyo will try to make some of the fighters in the manga around ssjg level at one of them from each universe?
      Or nah not really
      I really hope he makes U2 more than a gag and tones down love.Would be nice if he focuses on other universes,but since he’s doing U7 recruiting like in anime I doubt that will happen.

sintzu
      Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:05 am

Hawk9211 wrote:I really hope he makes U2 more than a gag and tones down love.
      He has toned down a lot of the cringe from the anime so there's a high chance he'll do it here as well.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:25 am

How does DBS compare with other monthly manga?

kemuri07
      Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:36 am

Just got through the latest chapter (sorta forgot about the manga for a bit) and reading through the thread:

I think some of you are on point on how....disturbing it is that the manga keeps bringing up about how absent Goku is during Gohan's birth, going so far as being utterly clueless as to why Vegeta would want to stay behind to witness to birth of his daughter. He doesn't even seem to know how ChiChi got knocked up in the first place.

Which sheds a very messed up light to the Son's family life, no?

I never subscribe to that whole "GOKU IS AN ANTI-HERO" bit that people were spewing out for awhile. LIke, I get that Toriyama never intended for him to be Superman, but I don't believe that he made him to be a sociopathic asshole either. So the fact that the Manga makes it so that Goku is just as blindsided by the news that the losers of the tournament will be wiped out of existence, and goes so far as to offer to try to change the rules is a far better depiction of Goku than just "lol, as long as I get to fight" version that's seen in the anime.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:53 am

kemuri07 wrote:Just got through the latest chapter (sorta forgot about the manga for a bit) and reading through the thread:

I think some of you are on point on how....disturbing it is that the manga keeps bringing up about how absent Goku is during Gohan's birth, going so far as being utterly clueless as to why Vegeta would want to stay behind to witness to birth of his daughter. He doesn't even seem to know how ChiChi got knocked up in the first place.

Which sheds a very messed up light to the Son's family life, no?

I never subscribe to that whole "GOKU IS AN ANTI-HERO" bit that people were spewing out for awhile. LIke, I get that Toriyama never intended for him to be Superman, but I don't believe that he made him to be a sociopathic asshole either. So the fact that the Manga makes it so that Goku is just as blindsided by the news that the losers of the tournament will be wiped out of existence, and goes so far as to offer to try to change the rules is a far better depiction of Goku than just "lol, as long as I get to fight" version that's seen in the anime.
      He knows how Chi-Chi got knocked up. When Bulma says she's pregnant he responds "Oh right, Chi-Chi was like that too with Gohan!"
      He just wasn't there for the child's actual birth. This was also a joke in the anime, but the manga kept adding more jokes about it. I don't like the recent jokes of Goku never kissing Chi-Chi or not being there for Gohan's birth, because it clashes with family man Goku in the Saiyan arc.

Hawk9211
      OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:05 am

https://twitter.com/TOYOTARO_Vjump/stat ... 57986?s=17
      Toyotaro draws some angels and mentions that there aren’t any angels like it,seems like he went to youtube.

BlueBasilisk
      I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:04 am

kemuri07 wrote:I never subscribe to that whole "GOKU IS AN ANTI-HERO" bit that people were spewing out for awhile. LIke, I get that Toriyama never intended for him to be Superman, but I don't believe that he made him to be a sociopathic asshole either. So the fact that the Manga makes it so that Goku is just as blindsided by the news that the losers of the tournament will be wiped out of existence, and goes so far as to offer to try to change the rules is a far better depiction of Goku than just "lol, as long as I get to fight" version that's seen in the anime.
      The anime version also offered to speak with Zeno to see if he could get the rules changed and was roundly shot down. The biggest problem was that they also had those bits in the Zen Exhibition Matches where he was acting like an asshole to the other fighters and gods. I have no idea why they made him act like that as it hasn't really gone anywhere and plenty of people were already planning to attack U7 because they don't like Beerus. :eh: