"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:47 am

Michsi wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:According to someone, who is often reliable 17 is stronger than ssj3 goku and he only recruits 17,18 and krillin with piccolo appearing at the end.I got this from naruto forums.
@Michsi
In manga, gohan started training in gravity chamber a few days after zamasu arc.Now,if piccolo beats him like in anime would not that be a major power boost?

For Gohan or Piccolo? I don't really keep track of power progression, it's all very complicated (see rumor of 17 reaching SSJ3 level, because why not....)

But what I'm talking about is how characters are handled. Piccolo seems much colder and aloof in the manga than in the anime. Even in the original manga, Piccolo had thawed considerably by the Buu Saga and was always friendly with Goku. Wasn't Piccolo said to be the person Goku gets along with best next to Krillin ?
For both,gohan has been training in gravity chamber for months so he should be well above his buu saga self and if piccolo beats him like anime he would getting a big boost.Manga does not have the two base complication like anime and toyotaro keeps the powerscale quite consistent.So,it isn't that much of headache in manga.17 getting above ssj3 isn't that farfetched considering he started from ssj and even buu saga happened a few yaers ago.Not to mention infinite stamina.

Character handling I think is going to be better,but that's just a feeking.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:53 am

OLKv3 wrote: Piccolo had the exact same reaction in the manga to Goku's line as he did in the anime in regards to the Champa arc.
I know they had the same line, but the execution/tone is where the difference lies and it's a considerable one if you pay attention to character interactions like I do.
OLKv3 wrote: Here Piccolo is offended that Goku isn't even considering Gohan for the ToP. He's not colder and more aloof, he's just defending Gohan
I got that, but the very first speech bubble shows Piccolo being down-right pissed at Goku and not because of the Gohan (yet). In a way it's a more reasonable reaction than what we see in the anime, but you can't help notice the difference.
Hawk9211 wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:According to someone, who is often reliable 17 is stronger than ssj3 goku and he only recruits 17,18 and krillin with piccolo appearing at the end.I got this from naruto forums.
@Michsi
In manga, gohan started training in gravity chamber a few days after zamasu arc.Now,if piccolo beats him like in anime would not that be a major power boost?

For Gohan or Piccolo? I don't really keep track of power progression, it's all very complicated (see rumor of 17 reaching SSJ3 level, because why not....)

But what I'm talking about is how characters are handled. Piccolo seems much colder and aloof in the manga than in the anime. Even in the original manga, Piccolo had thawed considerably by the Buu Saga and was always friendly with Goku. Wasn't Piccolo said to be the person Goku gets along with best next to Krillin ?
For both,gohan has been training in gravity chamber for months so he should be well above his buu saga self and if piccolo beats him like anime he would getting a big boost.Manga does not have the two base complication like anime and toyotaro keeps the powerscale quite consistent.So,it isn't that much of headache in manga.17 getting above ssj3 isn't that farfetched considering he started from ssj and even buu saga happened a few yaers ago.Not to mention infinite stamina.

Character handling I think is going to be better,but that's just a feeking.
I hope so. I'm going the buy the manga volumes in bulk once I have the resources, but these discussions help me make sure they're worth the financial effort .

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:58 am

The pages of Goku vs 17 are out
Goku gets 17 to end the battle here, another mirror of the anime where 17 ended the battle

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:11 am

Maybe Piccolo is disgruntled about Goku's lack of consideration for his son's potential strength. Goku has been subversive lately by focusing his attentions on Vegeta and the deities instead of those close to him. It's understandable since the hybrids generally don't have much interest in fighting, but Piccolo might be more offended at the idea of discarding Gohan as a competitor than Goku is. Like others mentioned, Piccolo himself can relate to having his reputation undermined by those around him who hold low expectations. It could be that he feels more of a kinship towards Gohan because they're both cold-shouldered by the main duo (Goku moreso than Vegeta in Gohan's case).

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:12 am

Buu is already sleeping and they also show uub.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:40 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
Krillin1994 wrote:Is Goku lying to 18 and Krillin?
Yes,a ten million prize and killing has good cooking.
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/9409 ... 19968?s=17
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/9409 ... 13760?s=17
Ugh. It's just like the anime. I wasn't a fan of the scenario there and I'm not a fan of it in the manga. Goku doesn't need to lie about the Tournament Of Power.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:42 am

We saw Gohan using the gravity chamber at the end of Ch 26 which is probably a minimum of 9 months or so ago so Gohan Should be as strong if not stronger than his Buu Saga self and Piccolo can push him to beyond ss3 goku imo

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:44 am

Lionel wrote:Maybe Piccolo is disgruntled about Goku's lack of consideration for his son's potential strength. Goku has been subversive lately by focusing his attentions on Vegeta and the deities instead of those close to him. It's understandable since the hybrids generally don't have much interest in fighting, but Piccolo might be more offended at the idea of discarding Gohan as a competitor than Goku is. Like others mentioned, Piccolo himself can relate to having his reputation undermined by those around him who hold low expectations. It could be that he feels more of a kinship towards Gohan because they're both cold-shouldered by the main duo (Goku moreso than Vegeta in Gohan's case).
That much is clear, but I doubt it means anything more than Piccolo just being a little offended on Gohan's behalf. Rather than hint at something deeper, like Goku being dismissive towards his son, I'm pretty sure it was just meant to add a bit of flare to Gohan's inclusion/return. 17's recruitment seems to happen really fast, and in the anime it happened after the Piccolo/Gohan episode, whereas here it's Gohan who's being saved for later ( pretty sure Freeza is being saved for last) and that really might imply a bigger role for Gohan. But so many predictions in the arc were wrong so I'm going to not put stock in anything.
Lord Beerus wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:
Ugh. It's just like the anime. I wasn't a fan of the scenario there and I'm not a fan of it in the manga. Goku doesn't need to lie about the Tournament Of Power.
Doesn't it actually make more sense here, since it puts more emphasis on how reckless he's had been with causing this tournament? I think he may be a little afraid of their reaction.
Last edited by Michsi on Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:
The entire recruitment section so far is just a condensed version of the anime's, with most of the controversial fights removed, like SSB vs Krillin. The biggest change will probably be how they handle Gohan's recruitment

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:54 am

OLKv3 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
The entire recruitment section so far is just a condensed version of the anime's, with most of the controversial fights removed, like SSB vs Krillin. The biggest change will probably be how they handle Gohan's recruitment
Oh so none of the fun because without that, its just Goku talking.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:56 am

Totamo wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Ugh. It's just like the anime. I wasn't a fan of the scenario there and I'm not a fan of it in the manga. Goku doesn't need to lie about the Tournament Of Power.
Oh so none of the fun because without that, its just Goku talking.
He fights 17 in this chapter. Instead of SSB vs 17, it's SS3 vs 17
Do you really think a monthly manga should waste time on those other fights? Like most predicted, 17, Gohan, and Freeza get the most spotlight

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:56 am

Michsi wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Doesn't it actually make more sense here, since it puts more emphasis on how reckless he's had been with causing this tournament? I think he may be a little afraid of their reaction.
It's pointless drama. They'll find out about the real stakes Tournament Of Power eventually and give so much shit to Goku for lying to them about it. It's lessened somewhat in the anime where Goku initially wanted to tell all the people who were going to comprise of Team Universe 7 the true circumstances of the Tournament Of Power, but Gohan convinced him not to on the grounds that if they were to found out the real stakes of the Tournament Of Power, they would freakout and not want to compete. Which is dumb because this is the same cast of characters that not only have battled many threats that have endangered the planet and the universe before, but have also allowed some of these scenarios to happen so they can challenge themselves.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:00 am

Agree,I don't know why goku lied,will further comment after reading the chapter

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:03 am

OLKv3 wrote:The pages of Goku vs 17 are out
Goku gets 17 to end the battle here, another mirror of the anime where 17 ended the battle
yeah and let's not post them, totally makes sense dumb

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:10 am

Some of #17 and Goku's skirmish:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:11 am

edit : lord beerus beat me to it
Last edited by BlueVegerot on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:13 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Some of #17 and Goku's skirmish:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
17 didn't used the shield?Can you send the link?

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:16 am

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:18 am

BlueVegerot wrote:Image
Can you please use tiny pic or imgur,is way better than doing a verification to see the image.
    Look like #17 is SS3 tier like how many predicted here.
    Mostly active on discord.

BlueVegerot
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:19 am