"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Whatever
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Whatever » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:52 pm

DainIronfoot wrote:Only thing that makes me wonder about this for the anime version is the fact that Quitela was worried about Freeza at first. Also he should be the calmest Hakaishin there if he knows he has that all powerful warrior at his disposal.
Maybe he cannot find his whereabouts or he does not even know about him at all.
Then again it would be weird for Beerus to have met him and not Quitela.
Or that Mortal pulled a 17 and said he does not care,its not like Quitela can do anything to him since he is stronger.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:58 pm

Whatever wrote:
DainIronfoot wrote:Only thing that makes me wonder about this for the anime version is the fact that Quitela was worried about Freeza at first. Also he should be the calmest Hakaishin there if he knows he has that all powerful warrior at his disposal.
Or that Mortal pulled a 17 and said he does not care,its not like Quitela can do anything to him since he is stronger.

I mean it's possible that Quitela couldn't get him to join, though it would be really odd if that was the case.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:59 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
RedHeat wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:If this really is true and the mortal is from U4 than Toei is a genius letting us trick its Jiren. Respect for Toei
if the mortal is from U4 then why isn't he in the Tournament
They might have simply refused to attend. Caulifla, Tien and 17 weren't going to during their recruitment episodes even though two of them knew what was on the line.
Tien never knew the stakes until goku told them

Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:00 pm

There seems to be an inconsistency between Shin and Vermoud's tenures.

Vermoud is stated to have been a God of Destruction for 240,000 years. Unless it was an anime only statement, Shin has had his position for over 5 million years. So how could Vermoud have been present at the hide and seek emergency summons before Shin became a Kaioshin?

Dai-Saiyajin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai-Saiyajin » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:06 pm

If i'm not mistaken, in the anime was said that there is a GoD who beat Beerus in armwrestling and there is a mortal which that GoD couldn't defeat, not that he is necessarily stronger than him. It could be Damon, since he is capable of dissapear and like that he couldn't be defeated by anyone.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:11 pm

Dai-Saiyajin wrote:If i'm not mistaken, in the anime was said that there is a GoD who beat Beerus in armwrestling and there is a mortal which that GoD couldn't defeat, not that he is necessarily stronger than him. It could be Damon, since he is capable of dissapear and like that he couldn't be defeated by anyone.
I'm some weird way that would explain why Whis or Beerus haven't mentioned that mortal being the tournament yet. They don't that he's there.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:29 pm

pacz360 wrote:Tien never knew the stakes until goku told them
That's why I said "two of them." 17 and Caulifla were both told and still didn't care.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:42 pm

I don't remember them saying the mortal stronger than a GoD is from the same universe as the GoD who beat Beerus in arm wrestling.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:00 pm

OLKv3 wrote:I don't remember them saying the mortal stronger than a GoD is from the same universe as the GoD who beat Beerus in arm wrestling.
https://youtu.be/48XuZ5TCGY4
Whis pretty much alluded that god and mortal are in the same Universe

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:03 pm

OLKv3 wrote:I don't remember them saying the mortal stronger than a GoD is from the same universe as the GoD who beat Beerus in arm wrestling.
Here's what he says:
Whis: I don't know much about the other Universes. However, there is a universe where lives a mortal even a God of Destruction can't defeat. That God of Destruction happens to be stronger than Beerus sama.

Beerus: Don't go saying that. I only lost once at an arm wrestling match!

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:08 pm

DainIronfoot wrote:
Whatever wrote:

I mean it's possible that Quitela couldn't get him to join, though it would be really odd if that was the case.
To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if the mortal that surpasses Quitela is a former God of Destruction. They still haven't clarified what happens to a diety after they retire.
How i predict the tournament will end:

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:13 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Here's what he says:
Whis: I don't know much about the other Universes. However, there is a universe where lives a mortal even a God of Destruction can't defeat. That God of Destruction happens to be stronger than Beerus sama.

Most of you guys assumed it was Jiren though. Whether this guy/girl is participating or not, he's either being hidden among the competition or they're saving him for a future arc.

Just because Quilitea (spelling?) is the one in the manga who beat Beerus in an arm wrestling match doesn't mean it's him in the anime too. Although I'd be surprised if they weren't the same.. He seems a little too confident.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:14 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Here's what he says:

Huh. Somehow I missed that

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:25 pm

TheOne wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Here's what he says:

Most of you guys assumed it was Jiren though. Whether this guy/girl is participating or not, he's either being hidden among the competition or they're saving him for a future arc.

Just because Quilitea (spelling?) is the one in the manga who beat Beerus in an arm wrestling match doesn't mean it's him in the anime too. Although I'd be surprised if they weren't the same.. He seems a little too confident.
I've been in the 'It's not Jiren" camp, although I wouldn't be surprised if he is stronger than some of the gods. I think some people are reading that line as the mortal being strong enough that no god can defeat him rather than just the one. We also don't know if the mortal cannot be defeated because they are simply too strong or if they have some kind of hax ability that gives them the advantage.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:29 pm

shadowmaria wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote: Fortunately, none of this is canon to the anime.
It is, however, canon to it's own timeline
The manga timeline only, don't know why people still try to connect with the anime, they're clearly separated products.
Pannaliciour wrote:If this really is true and the mortal is from U4 than Toei is a genius letting us trick its Jiren. Respect for Toei
Are you kidding? Jiren was never built to be mortal Whis was referencing to, both he and Beerus would have said something about him, but yet they didn't. By all the matters, Universe 4 was the subject when Whis was talking about the said mortal, so there's nothing "genius" about Toei in this case.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:08 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
TheOne wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: Here's what he says:

I've been in the 'It's not Jiren" camp, although I wouldn't be surprised if he is stronger than some of the gods. I think some people are reading that line as the mortal being strong enough that no god can defeat him rather than just the one. We also don't know if the mortal cannot be defeated because they are simply too strong or if they have some kind of hax ability that gives them the advantage.
Glad I'm not the only one who thought it wasn't Jiren. Majority of the people here swore up and down that it was

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:36 am

Very interesting, so there is possibly more than one monster lurking in this arena. Still kind of strange of Beerus to just act all nonchalant about this towards Goku and the gang when replying to Goku's question. If the Mortal is in the tournament, with only 4 members of U4 left, it'll probably be the bugs imo. Though if the mortal isn't in the tournament it becomes a question of why isn't he/she in this tournament?

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:36 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Here's what he says:

The quote is "can't defeat" and not stronger. It could possibly mean the mortal has some abilities that make it difficult for Quitella to beat him. Looks like it could be Damon.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:10 am

Lord Frieza wrote:Wow wow wow hold on a sec.....Quitela the yellow rat is the guy who bested Beerus at arm wrestling! HAHA poor Beerus is never gonna live that down :lol:.

Hold on dose this mean that sll this build up with Universe 11 is just a giant red hering! Are Universe 4 the real threat of the ToP!
Would Toriyama build up 1 villain then switch to a much stronger one in the middle of a saga?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:14 am

It's quite possible that the mortal doesn't live in U4. For whatever reason, it seems like that mortal fought against Quitela once. By the way, this chapter is good, though it almost feels like nothing but an information dump. While the anime sometimes doesn't tell enough, the manga tells too much. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not. In the original manga Toriyama rarely gave many info about his characters. Toyotaro is probably overexcited he got to design these Gods so he is trying to give them some more meaning, which isn't bad though.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical