"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:00 am

The_Destroyer wrote:
The gr wrote:
Olympian wrote:
Will do :clap: :thumbup:
Update I saw the chapter in English in YouTube and yamcha is not mentioned,at least the joke is not here.
kinisking wrote:They don't mention Gohan right ? I wonder if he'll be the last to eat chosen as a surprise.
Vegeta was the one who suggested gohan, Goku is the only one who doubted this saying he is not into fighting, he is in the team since vegeta denied Goten and trunks.
    Looks like toyotaro is trying to a build a goku vs gohan with goku being suprised by his amazing power since the previous saga mentioned gohan was training in the gravity machine.
    If they go that route with Gohan, then that'd be fantastic. So much better than a pep talk from Piccolo taking him to SSB tier.
    No, it really wouldn't be.

Where's the character relevations and disciplining in that?

I feel like the idea that Gohan restraining himself from accessing the form in the anime was a good idea that they executed well enough.

Having none of that, and just having him train for it off-screen with none of the character stuff is a much cheaper route to take.

Olympian
    Regular

Post by Olympian » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:58 am

The gr wrote:
    Olympian wrote: Weird about Gohan. Was the whole team taken care of that chapter or is the spot search still continuing?
    The spot search begin with goku going for krillin first like the anime.
    The_Destroyer wrote: If they go that route with Gohan, then that'd be fantastic. So much better than a pep talk from Piccolo taking him to SSB tier.
    I'm not sure him training in the gravity machine will make him ssb tier,he will just have ss2 then piccolo will be the trigger for ultimate.
      The manga has really changed hasn't it,toyotaro is started to not playing it safe and is incoparating a lot of interesting elements,u11 is the example and his battle are really dynamic as of late,this more like it,i really wish he done this earlier,i'm guessing toriyama recent interview is the one made toyotaro to spice thing up in the manga.
      Ah, good, good. I though because I saw some faces in that panel that they already picked some of the team but it seems the roster pick will follow similar lines in that regard.

From what you guys have been saying the Manga is handling it much better :thumbup:
      Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

KayDash
      Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:50 pm

Wow, this chapter was more then interesting... Are they really revealed Jiren's motivation here via Belmod's monologue?
      - All he cares about is protecting U11.
      - He would never kill anyoneone, not even a villain.
      - He has a wish that would go against his beleifs. Sounds like he want's to kill someone.
      - Then it's stated by Jiren again, that he only cares about protecting U11.

So he needs the Super Dragon Balls, to wish for someone's death, to protect his universe. Right?

Considering how few characters are there in DBS for now who are stronger then Jiren, we have a few good candidates for his target...

Noah
      Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:14 pm

KayDash wrote:- All he cares about is protecting U11.
      - He has a wish that would go against his beleifs. Sounds like he want's to kill someone.
      I like that Jiren is a far more interesting character than he is in the anime, props to Toyotaro for doing that. Don't know what was up with Toei staff to make him such a bland character.
      乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

mfwlegend3
      Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:23 pm

Toppo is much more enjoyable than he is in the anime.

Also, all the shots of Beerus smacking Goku upside the head were hilarious. :lol:

KayDash
      Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:43 am

Noah wrote:
      KayDash wrote:- All he cares about is protecting U11.
      I like that Jiren is a far more interesting character than he is in the anime, props to Toyotaro for doing that. Don't know what was up with Toei staff to make him such a bland character.
      We will probably end up at the same place with Jiren in the anime, they just went for a different pacing, and decided to cover his backstory later.
      Which is a bit of a shame, since it's almost a year now, that this story arc is started...

Kenneth La Torre
      I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:38 am

KayDash wrote:Wow, this chapter was more then interesting... Are they really revealed Jiren's motivation here via Belmod's monologue?
      - All he cares about is protecting U11.

So he needs the Super Dragon Balls, to wish for someone's death, to protect his universe. Right?

Considering how few characters are there in DBS for now who are stronger then Jiren, we have a few good candidates for his target...
      Jirens wish doesnt go against his believe, it says that in order to obtain his wish, that he would go as far as abandoning his belief. Very different wording

Hawk9211
      OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:08 am

If someone wants to read the chapter in English.
      https://imgur.com/a/sBq9t
      Why power levels are important?
      The genre and roots of dragon ball

Namz
      Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:09 am

Damn, this was a better chapter than I expected. I thought the filler of the alien fight of Universe 11 was trash, same as in the anime, but it was a really nice introduction to Jiren. It's an incredible deep character already.

mute_proxy
      Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:07 am

Were there any hints in the anime what Jiren's wish might be?

Meshack
      OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:31 am

I’m really enjoying Belmod. Telling Jiren to participate because his wish could be fulfilled is very smart on Belmod’s part. I can see Jiren being the final warrior left in this tournament.

Ki Breaker
      Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:56 am

mute_proxy wrote:Were there any hints in the anime what Jiren's wish might be?
      Are you kidding me?
      All we have here are hints of his personality in the Anime and that's about it as far as information, buildup and existence of his goes..
      The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

dbzfan7
      Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:23 pm

Can this Jiren beat the shit out of anime Jiren, and then take his place there too?
      Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

SansrivaaL
      I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:45 pm

Can we please have this Jiren in the anime!? ep 116 dude stopped meditating, Toppo and Dyspo were talking to him and he's just like "....." I know Toei wants him to look mysterious and badass but come the fuck on.

Noah
      Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:14 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:I know Toei wants him to look mysterious and badass but come the fuck on.
      Really? Cause I guess their plan backfired, since anime Jiren seems only like an obstacle Goku should overcome. There's nothing "mysterious" or "badass" in character that is stronger than the time itself because "reasons".
      乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Namz
      Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:14 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:Can we please have this Jiren in the anime!? ep 116 dude stopped meditating, Toppo and Dyspo were talking to him and he's just like "....." I know Toei wants him to look mysterious and badass but come the fuck on.
      He doesn't look mysterious and badass he just looks boring.

perucho1990
      I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:36 pm

I enjoyed the chapter, we are finally seeing that Hero Academia influence in DBS, hope it continues like that, good thing Toyo has a great taste in manga.

Helios518
      OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:50 pm

perucho1990 wrote:I enjoyed the chapter, we are finally seeing that Hero Academia influence in DBS, hope it continues like that, good thing Toyo has a great taste in manga.
      Honestly, I'm not seeing it. What influence do you see?
      Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

perucho1990
      I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:01 pm

Jiren and the Pride Troopers, is what I meant with that.

Hopefully we also see fighters with some interesting quirks, hell maybe we get to see Dr Rota ability.

dbzfan7
      Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:01 pm

Thumbs down though for Vegeta hearing about the universe could end, and still saying no just because of his child. That's Chi Chi level bad :lol:.

Still gonna wait for viz to see there full take.
      Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!