"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:07 am

Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:27 am

I want this as the new character design
Get Fucked, C_unt

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:18 am

Exline wrote:Yeah I shared a similar idea in a discord chat a while ago. I thought it would've been interesting to see Hit, a 1000 year old assassin, be pushed to his limits to use his most fatal techniques on such a fearsome foe. Jiren tanking his assassination attempt could lead to Jiren to start taking the tournament much more seriously and actually eliminating the opponents rather than holding back. Hit is a villain after all, he kills people for a living and Jiren should take that into consideration.
I absolutely thought as those episodes were airing, and continue to think, that Hit should have been attempting to kill Jiren, even knowing it would disqualify him, as it would be the only way for Universe 6 to stand a chance.

I'd love to see the manga go that route. If not, it's not the end of the world, but it makes sense from a character-perspective and would do a ton to sell the tension of that part of the story.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:34 am

Cipher wrote:
Exline wrote:Yeah I shared a similar idea in a discord chat a while ago. I thought it would've been interesting to see Hit, a 1000 year old assassin, be pushed to his limits to use his most fatal techniques on such a fearsome foe. Jiren tanking his assassination attempt could lead to Jiren to start taking the tournament much more seriously and actually eliminating the opponents rather than holding back. Hit is a villain after all, he kills people for a living and Jiren should take that into consideration.
I absolutely thought as those episodes were airing, and continue to think, that Hit should have been attempting to kill Jiren, even knowing it would disqualify him, as it would be the only way for Universe 6 to stand a chance.

I'd love to see the manga go that route. If not, it's not the end of the world, but it makes sense from a character-perspective and would do a ton to sell the tension of that part of the story.
Yes that route it’s interesting , some hit assassin performance it’s a must that manga never showed us . I hope some Nice fight with hit will come , just because that Goku-hit conversation prior to the beginning of the tournament.
Anime time play wasn’t bad , but that idea of yours is even nicer
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:38 am

If Hit and Dsypo fight each other here I hope that Hit is able to knockout Dyspo and this ends up being the reason him and Jiren fight. Hell I just hope the dude does better overall because his performance in the anime while not terrible left me wanting more.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:08 am

CriticalThinker wrote:If Hit and Dsypo fight each other here I hope that Hit is able to knockout Dyspo and this ends up being the reason him and Jiren fight. Hell I just hope the dude does better overall because his performance in the anime while not terrible left me wanting more.
That was probably due to his awful elimination episode, which I still rank as being one of the worst episodes of the entire tournament pretty easily. For an episode that was supposed to send off a fan favourite like Hit, it was awfully underwhelming in every respect. The direction and storyboarding were flat and completely failed to land any of the narrative beats, the animation was excusably ugly, but still ugly nonetheless, and the script wasn't exactly the most detailed or inherently exciting thing ever.

Hopefully Toyo can top Toei in this sense, though I feel like Hit will still end up being kind of hurriedly side lined.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:34 am

JazzMazz wrote:
CriticalThinker wrote:If Hit and Dsypo fight each other here I hope that Hit is able to knockout Dyspo and this ends up being the reason him and Jiren fight. Hell I just hope the dude does better overall because his performance in the anime while not terrible left me wanting more.
That was probably due to his awful elimination episode, which I still rank as being one of the worst episodes of the entire tournament pretty easily. For an episode that was supposed to send off a fan favourite like Hit, it was awfully underwhelming in every respect. The direction and storyboarding were flat and completely failed to land any of the narrative beats, the animation was excusably ugly, but still ugly nonetheless, and the script wasn't exactly the most detailed or inherently exciting thing ever.

Hopefully Toyo can top Toei in this sense, though I feel like Hit will still end up being kind of hurriedly side lined.
To me the episode was mediocre at best but I wouldn't view it as the worst, for me the worst episode would either be 106 or 119. I will agree that this episode could have been done much better in those respects because of the two Hit episodes we got 104 was much better than 111. Maybe Toyo can do him justice but I won't be shocked if he gets sidelined again. After all the only two who really mattered from U6 was Caulifla and Kale and I'm guessing that will be the same case in the manga.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:15 pm

Exline wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote: Hope he redeems himself a bit.
Yeah me to, especially if they're going to make his defeat(presumably to Jiren) anything significant.
OLKv3 wrote: I'm hoping Hit is the one to push Goku into Ultra Instinct Omen
I still think UI is going to be something that Goku unlocks fighting Jiren, I just hope that if Hit does fight and lose to Jiren, he gets a far more entertaining showing than in the abysmal episode 111. I think it would be really cool if he actually did use his killing techniques, and though proving quite formidable, is still overcome.
Yeah I shared a similar idea in a discord chat a while ago. I thought it would've been interesting to see Hit, a 1000 year old assassin, be pushed to his limits to use his most fatal techniques on such a fearsome foe. Jiren tanking his assassination attempt could lead to Jiren to start taking the tournament much more seriously and actually eliminating the opponents rather than holding back. Hit is a villain after all, he kills people for a living and Jiren should take that into consideration.
When the preview for 111 aired, I thought this is what was happening. The punch he landed on Jiren looked lethal

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:16 pm

I would gladly trade Kale and Caulifa's screen time for more of Hit, the U6 Namekians and maybe even the BotaMagetta dynamic. Toyotaro is already following a semi-predictable sequence of actions. For once let's see something important shift in the tournament that doesn't involve grandstanding the old idols whom we all know and a good number of us, but not all, like.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:57 pm

Lionel wrote:I would gladly trade Kale and Caulifa's screen time for more of Hit, the U6 Namekians and maybe even the BotaMagetta dynamic. Toyotaro is already following a semi-predictable sequence of actions. For once let's see something important shift in the tournament that doesn't involve grandstanding the old idols whom we all know and a good number of us, but not all, like.
While I enjoyed the amount focus those two got I wouldn't mind if it were reduced slightly if these other characters got a chance to shine more. Especially BotaMagetta because those two would have wrecked some serious house if it weren't for Kale going berserk. The Namekians are an odd case to me as they did get some time to shine it was just that the anime for whatever reason didn't show them in action until the tournament was half way done with. I'm gonna guess that just like the anime the saiyan girl duo will take priority over everyone else on U6.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:44 pm

If hit vs jiren happens, the effort jiren will display will be just as minuscule as in the anime. Hit may be strong, but we are all aware how immesurably power halaishins are, and jiren Weilds said ammounts of power. and if we go by ssb vegito being on par with beerus, then jiren is easily thousands of times stronger than a regular SSB.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:42 pm

CriticalThinker wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:

To me the episode was mediocre at best but I wouldn't view it as the worst, for me the worst episode would either be 106 or 119. I will agree that this episode could have been done much better in those respects because of the two Hit episodes we got 104 was much better than 111. Maybe Toyo can do him justice but I won't be shocked if he gets sidelined again. After all the only two who really mattered from U6 was Caulifla and Kale and I'm guessing that will be the same case in the manga.
For me personally, though I didn't like 106, I felt it at least had a strong enough base idea to it to give it a pass, as well as strong enough storyboarding and direction to make it at least somewhat tolerable. 119 is awful for very similar reasons as 111 to me, they're both extraordinarily badly directed, with none of the appropriate narrative beats having any impact.
I hope that at the very least, Hits elimination does have a considerable amount more impact in the manga, though I very much doubt it.

For me, the very worst episodes of this arc were either episode 100, or episode 105, both of which I feel are soulless husks with little to no redeeming qualities to them.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:44 pm

Hit vs Dyspo won't even happen imo.

1. Fight had no conclusion
2. Dyspo as we later found out was holding back his true speed
3. Episode 104 as much as i enjoyed it seemed like it was more about re-introducing ssg than the actual fight between hit and dyspo as good as it was

Seems like an anime exclusive thing imo

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:05 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:Hit vs Dyspo won't even happen imo.

1. Fight had no conclusion
2. Dyspo as we later found out was holding back his true speed
3. Episode 104 as much as i enjoyed it seemed like it was more about re-introducing ssg than the actual fight between hit and dyspo as good as it was

Seems like an anime exclusive thing imo
Yeah, I don't see it really happening as well. However, I would disagree with you the point of that episode was about re-introducing SSG, considering how little it actually did in the episode. It was a just a good fighting episode, that had a lot of things that the rest of the tournament lacked(namely unique abilities and counters to those unique abilities).

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:45 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
CriticalThinker wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: That was probably due to his awful elimination episode, which I still rank as being one of the worst episodes of the entire tournament pretty easily. For an episode that was supposed to send off a fan favourite like Hit, it was awfully underwhelming in every respect. The direction and storyboarding were flat and completely failed to land any of the narrative beats, the animation was excusably ugly, but still ugly nonetheless, and the script wasn't exactly the most detailed or inherently exciting thing ever.

For me personally, though I didn't like 106, I felt it at least had a strong enough base idea to it to give it a pass, as well as strong enough storyboarding and direction to make it at least somewhat tolerable. 119 is awful for very similar reasons as 111 to me, they're both extraordinarily badly directed, with none of the appropriate narrative beats having any impact.
I hope that at the very least, Hits elimination does have a considerable amount more impact in the manga, though I very much doubt it.

For me, the very worst episodes of this arc were either episode 100, or episode 105, both of which I feel are soulless husks with little to no redeeming qualities to them.
A big part of why I disliked 106 was because of how poorly they handled Tien and the "fight" he got was laughable but I guess I can agree with you on those aspects. And man Piccolo's elimination was easily the worst of anyone in U7 and just like Hit I hope he gets a better elimination in the manga. Funny that you mention 100 because I just remembered that the way Hit gets eliminated is just a recycled scene of when Jiren knocks out Kale.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:48 pm

Vegeta is going to easily ring Hit out and tell him "Whis told you so." :lol:

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:47 am

I am looking forward to Kale given her subtle portrayal indicating she is quite powerful. Caulifla being in it for the ride is just a bonus. I wonder how they'll cause a ruckus this time around.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Raphael_Z
Beyond Newbie

Post by Raphael_Z » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:26 pm

JazzMazz wrote:

Hit REALLY grabbed the Idiot Ball in that episode.

Ok dude, Jiren is paralyzed for at least a few seconds and after giving a big speech about team-work you:

a) Ask your teammates to destroy the platform where Jiren is standing so he gets ringed out
b) Ask your teammates to create a temporary alliance with U7 in order to ring out U11.
c) Ask your teammates to keep doing what they're doing and fighting people randomly because why not.

Ideally, Hit should have waited until the herd is thinned out, give EXPLICIT orders to the Saiyans to AVOID fighting U7 and, once the Namekians are fully powered, launch a full on assault with U7 against U11 and then decide who the winner is against each other with the promise that whoever gets the Super Dragon Balls, resurrects (AT LEAST), the other universe.

Easy as pie. But no...Hit had to be an idiot and try to paralyze Jiren mid-tournament instead of actively eliminating the other universes. And then, once Jiren broke free, Hit decided to be an idiot and follow the no-kill rules instead of doing his (allegedly) OP assassination skills.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:47 pm

Miracles wrote:Vegeta is going to easily ring Hit out and tell him "Whis told you so." :lol:
The amount of salt that'll result from it will be enough to fill the sea. :lol:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:07 pm

Hits assassination skills weren't going to get him anywhere, jiren while still stuck in time cage, blocked hits final attack with his eyes.