Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chiki
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super: Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by Chiki » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:28 pm

Cabba wrote:
Chiki wrote: I'd still say that Kaioken x10 is a major plot element, heck I think it's much more important than Goku using SSG instead of Base in RoF.
It's not evil to say "I can't believe you survived on the battlefield." Not at all. I see no reason for him to lie there.
What i mean by that is the plot story, the villains and the pyramid of power. Who fights who and such
About the other one, yes is pushing him on edge with all the bad talk, like he is nothing, he is surprised a weakling like him survive. Maybe i phrase it wrong but the idea is for Vegeta to say false things to him so that he transforms
Ok but my claim that Goku using SSG instead of Base in RoF doesn't really contradict anything that Kaioken x10 doesn't.

I get the idea, but Vegeta can still say that truthfully with the intention for Cabba to transform.

Btw, retcons happen all the time. They retconned Future Trunks's hair in this next ep preview that just aired.. even when Future Gohan died, Future Trunks had blue hair. LOL

Also, in this ep, we see that SSJ Trunks got owned instantly by Black easily. So I was wrong that Black was weaker than Trunks at first.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:31 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: And then Piccolo proceeds to prove them wrong by taking Frost on fairly evenly, he's still losing as they comment that Piccolo's getting tired first but its nowhere near the massive chasm of a difference as everyone is making it out to be from dialogue. Piccolo proves to be a fairly tough match for Frost as he only got done in by his poison. Hell, Piccolo fares better against Frost in the manga than in the anime, in the anime he's totally screwed from the start, here? He's almost on par with Frost. If he wasn't around Frosts level, he'd have gotten one shotted.
Vegeta and Goku are not amateurs, Goku especially already fought with Frost so he knows what piccolo would be dealing with, so the only way for Piccolo to go beyond his expectations is if he massively improved by surprising Goku with his new abilities
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
They dont expect him to win, and he is still playing completely on the defensive not head on, thats not even
Vegeta needed Super Saiyan to beat Frost**, how much of SSs power he needed is probably not much but to outright ignore the fact he still needed any power increase at all to beat Frost who's beaten to shit clearly tells us something about his Base power.
**To end him quickly
He could fight it out in base, but he could not destroy him crelessly in two blows like he did as SS thats the main difference
Saiyan Saga Goku could beat nappa but he could destroy him in one punch with Kaoiken, same thing
Vegeta needs SS to beat him after he's gone through two matches and is tired as hell. If that doesn't say something, then I'm clearly nuts.
Goku SS had no issue against an untired frost, he was dominating him with ease which was the point to end it quickly and save stamina for hit.
I'm not saying it would be easy for base vegeta/goku they will definitely have to waste stamina in a fight with final form frieza, they are definitely above piccolo
If piccolo however is close to them, he had a massive power boost which is not out of the question either
Chiki wrote: Ok but my claim that Goku using SSG instead of Base in RoF doesn't really contradict anything that Kaioken x10 doesn't.
Yeah i get that now, with the difference that for one was shown (both scenarios) the other just the one. And still is far too early to tell if their base form has god powers i.e able to hold a fight with beerus on the manga or not making SSG a middle ground between SS and SSB. So much less of a drastic gap than it was on BoGs. Goku vs Trunks and Black fight in the manga hopefully will reveal more
I get the idea, but Vegeta can still say that truthfully with the intention for Cabba to transform.
yes but that would be like vegeta saying my base form is shit
Immediately after saying that he steps on his head, obviously expecting him to transform
Btw, retcons happen all the time. They retconned Future Trunks's hair in this next ep preview that just aired.. even when Future Gohan died, Future Trunks had blue hair. LOL
What do you mean by this? i didne see any changes on the NEP advanced after the eo 50 ending
or is this a teaser that just released? got a link for that I'm interested
Also, in this ep, we see that SSJ Trunks got owned instantly by Black easily. So I was wrong that Black was weaker than Trunks at first.
From Trunks words i got the idea they fought evenly at first but Black slowly powered up and edged him

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:41 am

Maybe a bit much to ask, but can anyone summarize the new bits again?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:47 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:Maybe a bit much to ask, but can anyone summarize the new bits again?
Nothing to really summarize. It appears Black stomped Trunks on their first meeting (I think it was their first). That's about it. Other than that there really isn't anything else. We all know guns, explosions, and crumbling buildings couldn't really do anything to Black, or really most of the fighters. Probably why the thread is quiet. Not much new to really say.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:30 am

Considering SSB in the manga (assuming the 6-10-15 scale which works perfectly in the manga, we don't need to assume that it was retconned in the manga) is around an 8 which is a x1.33333 boost
That scale was most likely already outdated by the time Resurrection F came out. It was just a scale that Toriyama gave for Battle of Gods in an interview where he also said he hadn't even thought of any ideas for a follow up.
Your view (that Base Saiyans have SSG power) makes everything FAR MORE complicated that you don't bother to explain because, for some inexplicable reason, you don't think that explaining these things overcomplicates your view
The view I have is one where the manga just fits in line with what has already been established in the movies, anime and comments from Toriyama. That it's just the same and not completely different altogether which doesn't make sense when the story for both the anime and manga are based on the exact same outline.
1. Explaining how Cabba gained SSG power in Base without training with Whis
It's just a level of power, one that becomes nothing special as the plot moves forward. Hit gained SSJB power without training with Whis didn't he?
2. Why Vegeta said Cabba shouldn't have shown his face in the tournament despite getting Cabba having SSG power in Base
Well that wasn't the exact line in the manga but he was rather obviously trying to make him angry wasn't he? Moments before he told him he made the Saiyan race proud and he'd be able to hold his own against his normal state.
3. How Frost got stronger than SSG Base Goku without training at all
Because he was a mutant. Again your applying logic to this. You think it doesn't make sense for someone like Magetta a random alien to be a match for a Super Saiyan whose as strong as a Super Saiyan God so Magetta must only be as strong as a regular Super Saiyan.

Yet the regular Super Saiyan at this point should be more than a match for Perfect Cell, a biological being who is made up of cells from some of the greatest fighters in the universe.

So why is it ok for a random alien like Magetta, an untrained Frost and a young Cabba to be on that level?
4. How Piccolo kept up with an opponent stronger than SSG Base Goku
He fought defensively and used his head. They explained that.
5. Why Buu got hyped up for the tournament so much
He wasn't. "We can't go without Buu!" Is just stating the obvious and not him being hyped up so much.
But the fact that you have to give an answer, true or false, for each of these problems already overcomplicates your view. I don't have to explain any of these things, because none of these are a problem for my view.
But all of these same questions can be applied to the anime aswell where we know for a fact that they did absorb the power of God and that they aren't at regular levels.
You have multiple problems and I have one.
No I don't have any problems. Having an issue as to why Frost seems so strong or why Cabba seems so strong is a problem that you have.

Cabba was shown to be on par with Vegeta and Vegeta was shown to be much stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks so Cabba is stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks. That's it, there's no problem. You're creating a problem for yourself by not just accepting what you are being shown.

You simply do not like that these characters aswell as Trunks appear to be far stronger than they logically should be so to explain it there must be an unexplained and overcomplicated reason for all this.

It is no more complicated than just accepting that these characters are this strong because the plot calls for these characters to be at such a level as is how this series has always worked.

Chiki
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Chiki » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:38 am

yes but that would be like vegeta saying my base form is shit
It is shit though. It's probably still weaker than Final Form Frieza and with guys like Frost and Magetta around in U6 who are really strong, it's not surprising that Vegeta would say that.
What do you mean by this? i didne see any changes on the NEP advanced after the eo 50 ending
or is this a teaser that just released? got a link for that I'm interested
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83FHmXOWuVU
From Trunks words i got the idea they fought evenly at first but Black slowly powered up and edged him
In the most recent ep, Black owns Trunks in a flashback. It actually probably isn't their first meeting since 1. Trunks isn't surprised by Black looking like Goku and 2. Trunks collaborated with Mai's group to kill Black, which means Mai's group was already formed and Trunks wouldn't have waited so long to fight Black.

So I don't know how strong Black was originally still.
Nothing to really summarize. It appears Black stomped Trunks on their first meeting (I think it was their first).
It's probably not their first.
No I don't have any problems.
Yeah it's obvious that you're too unreasonable for anyone to have a rational debate with. In philosophy, a problem for your view is anything you have to address that's not an obvious solution. Your view is littered with problems that you need to explain, and a view with more problems is more complicated than a view with less. I obviously did the right thing by putting you on my ignore list.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:23 am

Yeah it's obvious that you're too unreasonable for anyone to have a rational debate with.
You can't keep coming out with this copout response each time you have no answer back. You said you put me on ignore before and then you replied to me twice since.

There's nothing unreasonable about what I said.

The manga syncing up with the anime is not unreasonable when they are based on the same plot outline. Saying otherwise is unreasonable.

The series showed us that Base Vegeta was on par with Cabba but stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks. The series showed us that Super Saiyan is on par with Super Saiyan God and Magetta was on par with that.

What was not shown, mentioned or implied was that they can switch on and off this God power. That's something that you keep pushing only because you don't like that these characters are God level. That's all it comes down to.

Well sorry the series doesn't work like that. If they want to make Tagoma go from Zarbon level to Perfect Cell level just from being beaten for a few months they will. If they want to have a modified teenage girl be stronger than the strongest beings in the universe they will. If they want some aliens from another Universe to be a match for God level or Blue level they will.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:14 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Only very briefly were the narrator implies that Goku and Vegeta teamed up to take down Golden Freeza.
Do you remember which chapter that was?
Chapter 5, Page 8, Panel 7
It doesn't imply that anything happened differently from the movie. Goku weakened him, Vegeta defeated him, and then Goku killed him.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:54 pm

Chiki wrote: It is shit though. It's probably still weaker than Final Form Frieza and with guys like Frost and Magetta around in U6 who are really strong, it's not surprising that Vegeta would say that.
comon now! we are talking seriously here following rational thought process
There is no way his base form is shit, even less likely to Vegeta imply that of himself
We already have the precedent for Base Goku and Vegeta having god powers, whats up in the air is how will the manga will handle this
If they dont have god powers in the base form on the manga they are bare minimum mystic gohan level
In the most recent ep, Black owns Trunks in a flashback. It actually probably isn't their first meeting since 1. Trunks isn't surprised by Black looking like Goku and 2. Trunks collaborated with Mai's group to kill Black, which means Mai's group was already formed and Trunks wouldn't have waited so long to fight Black.
Yeah i just saw the episode, it appears that is the first encounter but later it contradicts itself weird
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Chiki
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Chiki » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:03 pm

Cabba wrote:
Chiki wrote: It is shit though. It's probably still weaker than Final Form Frieza and with guys like Frost and Magetta around in U6 who are really strong, it's not surprising that Vegeta would say that.
comon now! we are talking seriously here following rational thought process
There is no way his base form is shit, even less likely to Vegeta imply that of himself
We already have the precedent for Base Goku and Vegeta having god powers, whats up in the air is how will the manga will handle this
If they dont have god powers in the base form on the manga they are bare minimum mystic gohan level
Yeah i just saw the episode, it appears that is the first encounter but later it contradicts itself weird
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
I meant to say that it's shit compared to Frost, Namek Frieza, Magetta etc. who would easily kill Base Cabba.

Saiyans needed to rely on Super Saiyan for every villain after Ginyu. You need Super Saiyan for the real tough guys in the universe. I am sure that Vegeta thought the same thing.

It's definitely not their first encounter.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Chiki wrote: I meant to say that it's shit compared to Frost, Namek Frieza, Magetta etc. who would easily kill Base Cabba.
This is no fact though, you cant even be 50% sure of this
There is absolutely nothing to imply either Goku or Vegeta would not beat Frost in base form, sure they would have their job cut out to them and waste stamina doing this which is why they decided to end it in SS fast and easy
Where does this theory of Frost being a weakling and therefor cabba being one come from?

Bold: Is laughable and i hope you are joking, even ignoring all we discused so far for argument purpose, do you really think after training with whis for so long in their base form (this was emphasized on the manga as well), using all sorts of training exercises, suits and what not their base is not even namek frieza? Its like Piccolo can get Above Final Form frieza in 3 years of training with base goku but its inconceivable for Goku and Vegeta (much more skilled fighters) to reach this puny level with the training from whis and 3 years on the rosat? where is the logical thought process here? i dont see it

Whats more asinine is to take one vague beerus line based on a relaxed state non powered up goku as gospel for this claim that they are below namek frieza, and then ignoring key components of that movie where goku fought beerus in his base form, you cant pick which parts of the movie and leave out others
Saiyans needed to rely on Super Saiyan for every villain after Ginyu. You need Super Saiyan for the real tough guys in the universe. I am sure that Vegeta thought the same thing.
There has being a paradigm shift in DBS, where their training with whis emphasized the mastering of base form, this is much more efficient. Akira comments corroborate this

Chiki
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Chiki » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:39 pm

Whats more asinine is to take one vague beerus line based on a relaxed state non powered up goku as gospel for this claim that they are below namek frieza,
You need to just relax and hear out the view before you criticize it. It's not asinine at all. We see throughout the anime that even suppressed ki can be sensed (Vegeta can tell Hit is hiding his ki, for example). Beerus can easily sense how much ki Goku is hiding, just like how Vegeta sensed Hit's suppressed ki, and figure out that he can't beat Frieza in Base based on that. It is gospel, because that's how writers tell us facts. Base BoG Goku is weaker than Final Form Frieza, period.

It's possible that Whis's training has brought Base Goku to Final Form Namek Frieza level, but since in the manga Cabba was almost Vegeta's equal without any kind of special training, I see no reason to think that Champa Base Goku is that much stronger compared to BoG Base Goku, because Base Vegeta said that he and Base Cabba were equals. It's that simple.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:51 pm

You need to just relax and hear out the view before you criticize it. It's not asinine at all.

I meant is asinine to pick a vague line exclusive to the movie not present on the manga and then ignore other parts of said movie that dont fit the same narrative, our argument is based on the manga having a different continuity than the movies/anime correct? The only reason we are having this argument is because of the manga. In the Anime/movies base goku and vegeta are beyond doubt above ss3 gotenks

We see throughout the anime that even suppressed ki can be sensed (Vegeta can tell Hit is hiding his ki, for example). Beerus can easily sense how much ki Goku is hiding, just like how Vegeta sensed Hit's suppressed ki, and figure out that he can't beat Frieza in Base based on that. It is gospel, because that's how writers tell us facts.
Vegeta couldn't tell the true extent of Hits power, otherwise he wouldn't have expected to win on the anime, and wouldn't have wasted his SSB transformation on the Manga
Goku could tell Ginyu was different than the rest but he couldn't tell the extent of his strength, he wasn't even sure he could win despite having a power well beyond 180k
Goku sensed Cells strength be he couldn't tell his full extent until he fought him, it was only after he fought him that he knew Gohan should be capable of beating him
Majin Vegeta couldn't tell the extent of fat bus power
Goku and Vegeta Underestimated Kid Bu
Whis didnt expect the SSG to be as strong as it was
Beerus only complimented Trunks until he used his max power attack

You can tell an enemy is of a certain level by looking at him but you cant tell the true extent
It's possible that Whis's training has brought Base Goku to Final Form Namek Frieza level
This is what i (using your words) criticized you for, is it only possible? Under what logic is it conceivable with all the special training they had under their base form they wouldn't be above Android Saga piccolo who spent 3 years training with base goku?
I see no reason to think that Champa Base Goku is that much stronger compared to BoG Base Goku, because Base Vegeta said that he and Base Cabba were equals. It's that simple
Its not simple, that's the point
Why does cabba or anyone really require to be trained by the gods to be of certain level?
Was Hit trained by whis? If there is an all universe tournament arc we will see a lot more of this, SSG tier characters appearing out of thin air

Cabba was elected among all saiyans from his universe, champa wanted only the strongest he was picked for a reason. Is not unthinkable at all that he would be of certain level
Whats more Vegeta told him that if he kept training hard he would one day reach SSB no implications of him training with Vados were made

Context plays a big role on this as well, big characters will be introduced without a background explanations, characters that fit the context and are not just fodder. Bullza is right on point about this

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:09 pm

Cabba being unable to have power above Freeza's is just a limit created by certain fans. Most of the U6 being pathetically weak is because people just hate the idea of some random guys being so powerful. I really don't see why this is an issue in a series with Androids.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Chiki
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Chiki » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:36 pm

I meant is asinine to pick a vague line exclusive to the movie not present on the manga and then ignore other parts of said movie that dont fit the same narrative, our argument is based on the manga having a different continuity than the movies/anime correct?
It's not asinine at all; logic dictates that we should assume they are the same. Unless there are obvious contradictions, Occam's razor says that we should assume that both are the same, because we're overcomplicating things if we don't. Occam's razor says that a simpler view is better than a more complicated one.
You can tell an enemy is of a certain level by looking at him but you cant tell the true extent
Surely telling the level of an enemy is enough to determine if they can beat Namek Frieza or not?

Anyway, I just looked at the BoG movie script. It 100% confirms that BoG Base Goku can't beat Frieza:
It doesn't appear to me like
you could defeat him as you are,
but I understand you
transform and power up...
into what's called a Super Saiyan.
That is correct. You are well informed.
Beerus says outright that Goku cannot beat Frieza without transforming, period. "You cannot defeat him as you are, but I understand you transform" So you're wrong and I suggest we end this part of the debate.
Why does cabba or anyone really require to be trained by the gods to be of certain level?
Because they just aren't that good lol. It's unreasonable to think that Cabba can become that strong without special training from Vados. We've seen tailless prodigies like Goten and Trunks and they aren't that good. Why the heck couldn't Cabba turn into a Super Saiyan if he was as great of a prodigy as Goten and Trunks? Prodigies like Goten and Trunks don't need rage to turn Super Saiyan. So he's not a prodigy. He jut trains a lot.
Most of the U6 being pathetically weak is because people just hate the idea of some random guys being so powerful. I really don't see why this is an issue in a series with Androids.
Yes, it is unreasonable for random guys to make Majin Buu, a universal threat, look like crap. Thank god Buu was hyped up so that reasonable folks can tell that the U6 guys aren't really that strong.

How is around SPC level pathetically weak though? That's super impressive.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:44 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:Most of the U6 being pathetically weak is because people just hate the idea of some random guys being so powerful.
Yeah that's all it is. It's nothing new for this franchise, people hated all the random guys being so powerful in GT just the same.

Just look at how many people complained endlessly about Frieza becoming God level from just 4 months of training or Shisami becoming a match for Piccolo.

People always come to accept it though in the end.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:03 pm

Bullza wrote:
Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:Most of the U6 being pathetically weak is because people just hate the idea of some random guys being so powerful.
Yeah that's all it is. It's nothing new for this franchise, people hated all the random guys being so powerful in GT just the same.

Just look at how many people complained endlessly about Frieza becoming God level from just 4 months of training or Shisami becoming a match for Piccolo.

People always come to accept it though in the end.
I think part of it is because the levels in the Buu Saga was the official peak for the characters for almost thirty years. Basically, Gohan was the strongest unfused character, Super Buu with all the people he absorbed was the strongest villain, and Vegetto was the he strongest character, period. So, to have what was considered the peak be render so last season by new material after all this time is something some fans can't deal with, since a certain level of bias and favoritism has been build. If Super's storylines happened within the continuity of the original manga run, I certain we wouldn't have so much resistance.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:28 pm

Chiki wrote: It's not asinine at all; logic dictates that we should assume they are the same. Unless there are obvious contradictions, Occam's razor says that we should assume that both are the same, because we're overcomplicating things if we don't. Occam's razor says that a simpler view is better than a more complicated one.
This is my point if you are gonna take the movie as source material then take all of it, going by this logic Base Goku is able to hold a fight against beerus i.e well above SS3 tier and the contradictions are just that nitpicks of us over complicating things

Beerus says outright that Goku cannot beat Frieza without transforming, period. "You cannot defeat him as you are, but I understand you transform" So you're wrong and I suggest we end this part of the debate.
This is what i would like to avoid, making absolute claims based on absolute opinions
All beerus said was, seeing as you are now i dont think you were capable, he knows he can power up as a SS as per previous conversation with whis, what he doesn't know is how far can Goku power up his base form.
This was a movie scene with an emphasis on the SSG, were the SS transformation was referenced as the means with which goku beat frieza. Beerus saw a suppressed goku and instantly knew he was stronger than that since he was able to beat frieza- Whats to say, Beerus meant that of Gokus non powered up form, anything beyond that is just conjecture based on vague line, this is an open to interpretation line, you cant draw a fact from this
Because they just aren't that good lol. It's unreasonable to think that Cabba can become that strong without special training from Vados. We've seen tailless prodigies like Goten and Trunks and they aren't that good. Why the heck couldn't Cabba turn into a Super Saiyan if he was as great of a prodigy as Goten and Trunks? Prodigies like Goten and Trunks don't need rage to turn Super Saiyan. So he's not a prodigy. He jut trains a lot.
Because thats the way it is? Becuase maybe Cabba did not experience the rage required until that point in his life, because the SS transformation is not everything (elders words). You are bringing old DBZ no longer relevant concepts into DBS,
funny that you mention the kids, they are the perfect example of being introduced with certain threshold of power (SS in their case) as a plot element, it was part of the context at the time to make them relevant, same here Cabba was introduced with a certain relevant power. Besides transforming SS early on, the kids have not shown any prodigy behavior or progress for that matter

Vegeta also said Cabba has a talent for it, when he could easily transform back to SS
Why is Hit so powerful? because thats the way it is right, why is it reasonable to expect SSB level from Hit and SS3+ level cabba is unthinkable?
Yes, it is unreasonable for random guys to make Majin Buu, a universal threat, look like crap. Thank god Buu was hyped up so that reasonable folks can tell that the U6 guys aren't really that strong.
common man, dont do this, dont go for the petty insults, that will just make of this a toxic ambient
or maybe just maybe, just a thought here... Besides Goku and Vegeta Majin Bu was the only other strong guy they knew was available possibly maybe :idea:
whoe else will they have gone for? #18? kurirrin? yamcha? tien?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:40 pm

I think part of it is because the levels in the Buu Saga was the official peak for the characters for almost thirty years.
Yeah there's probably a lot of truth to that. This has always been a series where the peak levels they reach in one arc will be nothing special by the next arc.

The Universe Six arc is three whole arcs after the Buu arc and yet there's some still people who hold the Buu saga power levels in such high regard. Characters like Gotenks, Ultimate Gohan, Buuhan and even Vegito are worthless now.

Even Super Saiyan God doesn't look to be in the Top 10 strongest characters anymore and this time last year it hadn't even appeared in the anime yet.
Besides Goku and Vegeta Majin Bu was the only other strong guy they knew was available possibly maybe
He has no point there at all. New random guys making Buu look like crap isn't an argument because Frieza was the strongest being in the universe in the series at one point and then next you thing you he was surpassed by an old man and a couple teenagers who'd been given some cyborg parts.

Hit was a random guy and he was as strong as a Super Saiyan Blue yet god forbid if the other random guys are as strong as Buu because that'd just be....unreasonable.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:41 pm

HeroR wrote: I think part of it is because the levels in the Buu Saga was the official peak for the characters for almost thirty years. Basically, Gohan was the strongest unfused character, Super Buu with all the people he absorbed was the strongest villain, and Vegetto was the he strongest character, period. So, to have what was considered the peak be render so last season by new material after all this time is something some fans can't deal with, since a certain level of bias and favoritism has been build. If Super's storylines happened within the continuity of the original manga run, I certain we wouldn't have so much resistance.
It was ill adviced to assume those were the peaks in the first place,if there's been a recurring theme in DBZ is that there are no limits, that saiyans have unlimited power
EoZ at the time was open ended with base goku being on bu tier level and he went on to train with ub, to define or expect some hard defined limits was asinine from the get go, the creator made a point at the time of goku continuing training to prepare for future threats and left it open ended on purpose