Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Simere
Advanced Regular

Re: Official Unofficial "Dragon Ball Super" Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by Simere » Fri May 26, 2017 1:58 am

Legion wrote:Against Toppo it was just full power kaioken, imo. Surpassing his limit by adding a forced multiplier. In fact Goku used kaioken in that moment.
"I'll show you what it looks like once I've passed my limit...that same thing you saw in the fight just before."

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Fri May 26, 2017 6:28 am

Simere wrote:
Legion wrote:Against Toppo it was just full power kaioken, imo. Surpassing his limit by adding a forced multiplier. In fact Goku used kaioken in that moment.
"I'll show you what it looks like once I've passed my limit...that same thing you saw in the fight just before."
Toppo did not see kkx10. Also, Goku probably talks about his real power, not about his "aspect" lol

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri May 26, 2017 6:33 am

Legion wrote:
Simere wrote:
Toppo did not see kkx10. Also, Goku probably talks about his real power, not about his "aspect" lol
I wouldnt exactly call the KKx10 which Goku has already done as to what he meant by that, he's talking about his limits surpassed, SSJBKKx10 is something he has already done.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri May 26, 2017 9:48 am

Bullza wrote:
MasterVampire wrote:So after the black saga and new tournament coming Goku MUST be stronger then Golden Freezer now right.?
Just in SSJB not even counting Kaio Ken thing and all.
Drastically so. Golden Frieza was strong but not enormously more power than Goku.

Whis said that if Goku and Vegeta fought together that they'd be able to defeat Golden Frieza but even after they'd gotten stronger by the Future Trunks saga the two of them fighting together and Trunks were still getting kicked around with little effort by SSJR Black at the same time.

Of course Black then powered up further after receiving that beat down from Goku. Then Vegeta trained in the Rosat and got angry and he kicked the shit out of him.

At the very least Golden Frieza shouldn't be nearly as strong as SSJR Black on first appearance never mind the current Goku or Vegeta.
I don't recall them fighting Black together to be quite honest.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri May 26, 2017 11:05 am

dbgtFO wrote:I don't recall them fighting Black together to be quite honest.
It was when they fought him in Episode 61. Before Goku had his Rage moment there was a little scene where all three of them went at Black sort of at the same time and he just effortlessly kicked them aside one after the other like it was nothing.

That aside Rose Black beat Blue Goku much easier in their first fight than Golden Frieza "beat" a weaker Blue Goku.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri May 26, 2017 1:01 pm

Bullza wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:I don't recall them fighting Black together to be quite honest.
It was when they fought him in Episode 61. Before Goku had his Rage moment there was a little scene where all three of them went at Black sort of at the same time and he just effortlessly kicked them aside one after the other like it was nothing.

That aside Rose Black beat Blue Goku much easier in their first fight than Golden Frieza "beat" a weaker Blue Goku.
I do not think Black would be able to fight with Goku and Vegeta together at that moment. Remember that on EP 61, they were one at a time. Vegeta was going to attack, was thrown away, then Trunks attacked and soon after Goku
All went up to Black, but none of them attacked at once. Whis meant Goku and Vegeta fighting together.

That would be Fight and attack together

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

This would fight together but attack separately

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I think Black was already superior to Golden Freeza on this EP, but I would not use This scene as an argument.
In the first fight in the future, I also did not see this advantage for Black. We watched Goku swap punches at him and hold him while Trunks dealt with Zamasu.
He was only hit the first time because he was distracted by Black's sword. On The second time he did not expect Black to be able to use the Shunkan Ido, and did not counterattack.

Yamcha, for example, was superior to the Saibamen, but he was not so superior, so much so that the Saibamens themselves rivaled Yamcha. He said he would defeat everyone, but it would only be one at a time

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri May 26, 2017 1:07 pm

Goku and Vegeta are far stronger than Freeza now.

For the image of EP 93, apparently he and Goku will fight. I hope Toei does not make Golden Freeza simply put up with fighting Goku (unless he's being held)

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Sat May 27, 2017 12:40 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:Goku and Vegeta are far stronger than Freeza now.

For the image of EP 93, apparently he and Goku will fight. I hope Toei does not make Golden Freeza simply put up with fighting Goku (unless he's being held)
It's probably going to happen. I can see Freeza fighting on par with SSJB Goku in episode 93.

TAF108
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TAF108 » Sat May 27, 2017 3:55 am

Yeah, we're at that awkward point where power scaling is either inconsistent as hell & we shouldn't think about it, or we should just take certain points of scaling with a grain of salt.

Neither option is entirely functional but hey, they're there.
TAF108 ⚡★ ~ƬΉΣ ӨПΣ ЩΉӨ ЩIᄂᄂ ΣПDЦЯΣ~ ★⚡

My Youtube Channel (DB and More.): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6syUt ... w0McNTlwSA

GT >>>>> Super . Take that how you will.

Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku = One of the best scores in DB.

GT fanboy extraordinaire.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat May 27, 2017 4:27 am

Almighty Majin wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:Goku and Vegeta are far stronger than Freeza now.

It's probably going to happen. I can see Freeza fighting on par with SSJB Goku in episode 93.
I'm expecting it to be inconsistent for sure. Even though Goku should be able to smash him far easier than Vegeta smashed Black there will be some issue with it somewhere I bet.

They'll either fight evenly or god forbid they'll still make Golden Frieza out to be stronger which will lead to all discussions on that maybe Goku was holding back (again) or Frieza was actually stronger than we thought and now he's learned to master his power etc.

With how this show has been it won't go nice and straightforward.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat May 27, 2017 6:02 am

If Freeza gives ssj blue Goku a good fight or Goku needs to use kk+ssj blue, it simply means Freeza while in hell was meditating in perfecting his golden form, so he mastered it.

I see it as ssj from namek and beginning of android saga, unmastered compared to cell games, where it was mastered.

So i will have no problem with Golden Freeza doing very well or even pushing ssj blue Goku to using KK.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat May 27, 2017 7:46 am

Bullza wrote:I'm expecting it to be inconsistent for sure. Even though Goku should be able to smash him far easier than Vegeta smashed Black there will be some issue with it somewhere I bet.

They'll either fight evenly or god forbid they'll still make Golden Frieza out to be stronger which will lead to all discussions on that maybe Goku was holding back (again) or Frieza was actually stronger than we thought and now he's learned to master his power etc.

It's fairly vague how strong Super's Golden Frieza is at max power. He was trashing Goku pretty handily until his burnout kicked in. Even after Frieza started to feel the effects, it took a little while before Goku was able to turn the tables on him.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat May 27, 2017 8:41 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:It's fairly vague how strong Super's Golden Frieza is at max power. He was trashing Goku pretty handily until his burnout kicked in. Even after Frieza started to feel the effects, it took a little while before Goku was able to turn the tables on him.
Being as how Golden Frieza and the manga version of Super Saiyan Blue Goku have the same power issues with being unable to use 100% for very long then it'd be interesting if they did something similar to what they did with Goku in the last chapter.

Have him master his Golden Frieza form by containing his aura so he can continually fight at 100%.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat May 27, 2017 9:26 am

buutenks wrote:If Freeza gives ssj blue Goku a good fight or Goku needs to use kk+ssj blue, it simply means Freeza while in hell was meditating in perfecting his golden form, so he mastered it.

I see it as ssj from namek and beginning of android saga, unmastered compared to cell games, where it was mastered.

So i will have no problem with Golden Freeza doing very well or even pushing ssj blue Goku to using KK.
Freeza is trapped in a cocoon, with no power at all. He would not have been meditating, nor could he become stronger.
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Bullza wrote:I'm expecting it to be inconsistent for sure. Even though Goku should be able to smash him far easier than Vegeta smashed Black there will be some issue with it somewhere I bet.

It's fairly vague how strong Super's Golden Frieza is at max power. He was trashing Goku pretty handily until his burnout kicked in. Even after Frieza started to feel the effects, it took a little while before Goku was able to turn the tables on him.
Freeza only began to lose power after a while. But he was initially fighting at full power. For all the training and fights Goku has ever had, he's already outgrown them if he can

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat May 27, 2017 4:24 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Freeza is trapped in a cocoon, with no power at all. He would not have been meditating, nor could he become stronger.
I dont think that was ever stated in the movie or anime. So can happen.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat May 27, 2017 8:34 pm

New episode. Not too much to talk about I don't think.

Vegeta destroyed the Rosat again except this time they did show that he did so as Super Saiyan Blue so that at least settles that question. It looked as though they could sense him back at Bulma's but that shouldn't have happened so I don't know if there was more to it.

Super Saiyan Caulifa seems like shes stronger than Super Saiyan Cabba, maybe not by much.

And it looks like Goku and Frieza will fight again so I'm expecting some headaches next week when Golden Frieza performs far better than he ever should do.

I was wondering though, being as Golden Frieza is dead does that mean he won't have the stamina issue? Like how the dead SSJ3 Goku didn't have the same issue he had when he was alive?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat May 27, 2017 8:45 pm

SSJ2 Caulifa and LSSJ Kale are going to happen in next weeks episode. As well as Golden Freeza returning. So we're going to have a lot to talk about in 7 days time. :P

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat May 27, 2017 8:57 pm

Will Caulifla turn into SSJ2 in the next episode? I hope not. Even though the Saiyachins of universe 6 are more evolved, they have no idea of superior transformation
I hope it's a mistake in her hair.

Vegeta destroyed RoSaT again. He left earlier than I expected, could have trained more or at least seize the opportunity and go there again with Goku and Frieza.

For the Preview, Freeza is still in the cocoon. So there is no reason why he has become stronger or improved the form of Golden Freeza. It would not make sense for him to be on the same level as Goku, so hopefully it will be said that Goku is holding the fight or something.
Last edited by TheSaiyanGod on Sat May 27, 2017 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Animelover5487
Beyond Newbie

Post by Animelover5487 » Sat May 27, 2017 8:58 pm

Bullza wrote:New episode. Not too much to talk about I don't think.

Vegeta destroyed the Rosat again except this time they did show that he did so as Super Saiyan Blue so that at least settles that question. It looked as though they could sense him back at Bulma's but that shouldn't have happened so I don't know if there was more to it.

Super Saiyan Caulifa seems like shes stronger than Super Saiyan Cabba, maybe not by much.

And it looks like Goku and Frieza will fight again so I'm expecting some headaches next week when Golden Frieza performs far better than he ever should do.

I was wondering though, being as Golden Frieza is dead does that mean he won't have the stamina issue? Like how the dead SSJ3 Goku didn't have the same issue he had when he was alive?
What gives you the impression that SSJ Caulifa is stronger than SSJ Cabba?

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat May 27, 2017 9:03 pm

Animelover5487 wrote:
Bullza wrote:New episode. Not too much to talk about I don't think.

What gives you the impression that SSJ Caulifa is stronger than SSJ Cabba?
It seems she said she thought she was stronger than Kyabe, according to Herms.