Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:55 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:Well, I'll update my Ranking after all these episodes

1- Zen'oh/Future Zen'oh
2- Daishinkan
3- Whis/Vados
4- Vegetto/Ultra Instinct Goku/Jiren
5- Beerus/Champa
6- Merged Zamasu
7 - Goku SSB KK x20
8- Vegeta SSB/ Golden Freeza/ Hit /Toppo
9- Goku Black SSJ Rosé
10- Trunks SSJ Rage
11-Dyspo
12- Kale
13- Android 17
14- Ultimate Gohan/Caulifla
15- Zamasu
16- Kyabe
17-Piccolo
18- Frost
It's hard to gauge Ultimate Gohan because his only serious fight this arc was against Obuni who can't be quantified, but I'd put him above 17 and definitely above Caulifla. All three of them have had semi-serious sparring matches against Goku, but Caulifla couldn't push him to go above SSJ2, while Ultimate Gohan did quite well against him in that state. Similarly, the fight between Ultimate Gohan and SSB Goku seemed a lot more intense than 17's fight, and Goku chose to go Kaioken against him. I'd say that puts Gohan up above the other two and possibly Dyspo as well. It's hard to tell with Dyspo, speed is really the only string to his bow.

Also, I'd honestly be tempted to put Kale on the SSB level, or maybe a step below it. We learned in the last episode that Jiren doesn't bother with fighters who aren't worth his time, but he took the initiative in dealing with her. Say what you will about Goku playing around, but Toppo was taking things seriously and he was concerned about her, same with Vegeta.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:58 am

So when Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren clashed fists are we supposed to believe that Goku is still utilising that technique he learned when fighting Beerus to cancel out the shockwaves?

That Goku and Beerus fight still seems like it was fought on the biggest scale. Kinda odd that those two had a beam struggle and almost destroyed the universe but then Goku and Merged Zamasu had one and nothing.

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:11 am

dbgtFO wrote:Well his feats or lack there of certainly bear witness to that.
I agree with you that all characters need more Destruction feats of larger scale, but they should not be underestimated, even tho they don't have feats. For example both on ComicVine and Vs Battles websites, the majority claim that only Zeno is a universe Buster. The Grand Priest has no feats, but there is no doubt that he is multi-universe buster. He is a reality warper. Created atmosphere (breathable air ), time in timeless void, every character experiences own gravity, restricted flying and in episode 111 created color in infinite size. Just because he hasn't destroyed a Universe doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to, like many think so.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:27 am

Liquir wrote:Lol, did anyone watch Screw Attack's Vegeta vs DC's General Zod ? They stated that Angry SSB Vegeta is barely a Galaxy Buster....
Which video do they state that?

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:37 am

JazzMazz wrote:Which video do they state that?
On their twitter announcement for the video, they state a battle of a Galaxy scale.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:49 am

Liquir wrote:
On their twitter announcement for the video, they state a battle of a Galaxy scale.
I wouldn't look to much into what they think just based on a single tweet.

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:02 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Liquir wrote:
I wouldn't look to much into what they think just based on a single tweet.
Coming from ScrewAttack even that is something. I though surely they will state planet/star buster, so it is an improvement at least.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:06 am

Guys, that fight between Zod and Vegeta was just DBX. That series is all fights, no research. Don't get the wrong ideas, okay?

As for the next episode, one would hope that this clarifies where Freeza stands, and how others stand compared to him. One would hope.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:28 am

Kataphrut wrote:Also, I'd honestly be tempted to put Kale on the SSB level, or maybe a step below it. We learned in the last episode that Jiren doesn't bother with fighters who aren't worth his time, but he took the initiative in dealing with her. Say what you will about Goku playing around, but Toppo was taking things seriously and he was concerned about her, same with Vegeta.
I think the next episodes may shed a light on her placement, but I have more or less the same impression.

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:49 pm

Liquir wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:Well his feats or lack there of certainly bear witness to that.
I agree with you that all characters need more Destruction feats of larger scale, but they should not be underestimated, even tho they don't have feats. For example both on ComicVine and Vs Battles websites, the majority claim that only Zeno is a universe Buster. The Grand Priest has no feats, but there is no doubt that he is multi-universe buster. He is a reality warper. Created atmosphere (breathable air ), time in timeless void, every character experiences own gravity, restricted flying and in episode 111 created color in infinite size. Just because he hasn't destroyed a Universe doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to, like many think so.
From my limited activity of reading, I've actually only encountered all kinds of statements on Jiren -- mostly people getting overly-literal and claiming the guy is some sort of transcedent being completely unrelated to concepts like time and space.
This fetish over empty, self-serving, validation-driven pseudoscientific claims, which is in actuality mere political propaganda rooted in confirmation bias and geared towards some imaginary dick-measuring contest with the world of fiction is hands-down the most prominent intellectual cancer in the entirity of anime/comic-related fandom. Hell, maybe every fandom. Fifteen years ago I would've not even believe it would reach this kind of absurdity: people realized authors were not scientist and already took science in comics and manga with a grain of salt, much less tackling meta-physical concepts with such a pretense of authoritativeness while creating the rules as they go. Death Battles gave some sort of headstart to this, but current Youtubers are definitely foraging a culture of intolerance, aggressiveness and functional illiteracy.

Which brings us to the point that there's probably no emphasis or big meaning behind the tweet - I stress, the tweet - involving Vegeta and Zod being stated to have a battle which will shook (was it?)the galaxy. It's just a figure of speech, buddy. Just a figure of speech to imply that they'll have a "big battle". I think there might be a slight problem if stuff like this is enough to make you feel "offended".

One of the funniest examples so far. There's apparently been some big "feud" between some Ben 10 fans and some Dragon Ball fans (*sigh*) and some purported opinion leaders of both factions. The video spanned minutes, but the highlight in my opinion is certainly being the evidence brought up to corroborate a claim about the staff's words about the "Alien X" powers. Tell me this is not spectacular.

Now, this is brought as some "ipse dixit" thing, but does it seem strange? I mean, other than the fact that the person is obviously being tongue-in-cheek? It takes him "six thoughts", as in "with six steps I can reach infinity". As in, "about three fiddy". As in "what the heck do you expect to me answer?". Yet, instead of, you know, using common sense, understand the irony, just look at the guys trying to address the notion the person is not the author of Ben 10, but "some artist who holds no authority" or maybe even that one thought can destroy "1/6 of infinity"... which, you know, has no actual meaning, since we all apparently agree infinity is either non-defined or always infinity, no matter the operation, with a nonzero number (https://www.quora.com/Is-infinity-divid ... -McFarlane), etcetera. Again, more strife ensues. People get offended and outraged. "You downplay stuff!", "you wank this!". Insults fly. Post-truth era 101, entertainment chapter.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:28 pm

Bullza wrote:Would people agree that Hit has less power than Super Saiyan Blue Goku but because of his abilities he would be able to beat Super Saiyan Blue Goku Kaioken x20 if the two had fought?
In terms of power, he is on the same level or below Vegeta, Freeza, Goku and Toppo. Proof of this is on EP 111. While Goku SSB was able to swap punches and throw Jiren away, Hitto could not even get close to the pride trooper.

Even considering techniques like Time Skip and the '' invisible Ki Ball '', I would not put Hit above any of the 4 characters mentioned above.
Goku on EP 71 says that Time Skip no longer works on him, and on EP 72 he can completely unmask the functioning of the invisible Ki sphere. It also nullifies Hit's intangibility by releasing all his power, destroying the dimension in which he was hiding. This is something that Vegeta, Freeza and Toppo can also do if they have knowledge

The real problem is the '' cage of time ''. Even if Hit might get above them with this technique, it took a number of factors to work on Jiren (including the fact that Jiren himself did not know the technique).
The fact that Hit was out of Jiren's field of vision also contributed.

I'd say with all of this, he's at the character level mentioned above, but I would not put Hit as superior, since everyone else can somehow deal with his techniques.
Kataphrut wrote:

1- Zen'oh/Future Zen'oh
2- Daishinkan
3- Whis/Vados
5- Beerus/Champa
6- Merged Zamasu
7 - Goku SSB KK x20
9- Goku Black SSJ Rosé
10- Trunks SSJ Rage
11-Dyspo
12- Kale
13- Android 17
15- Zamasu
16- Kyabe
17-Piccolo
18- Frost
It's hard to gauge Ultimate Gohan because his only serious fight this arc was against Obuni who can't be quantified, but I'd put him above 17 and definitely above Caulifla. All three of them have had semi-serious sparring matches against Goku, but Caulifla couldn't push him to go above SSJ2, while Ultimate Gohan did quite well against him in that state. Similarly, the fight between Ultimate Gohan and SSB Goku seemed a lot more intense than 17's fight, and Goku chose to go Kaioken against him. I'd say that puts Gohan up above the other two and possibly Dyspo as well. It's hard to tell with Dyspo, speed is really the only string to his bow.

Also, I'd honestly be tempted to put Kale on the SSB level, or maybe a step below it. We learned in the last episode that Jiren doesn't bother with fighters who aren't worth his time, but he took the initiative in dealing with her. Say what you will about Goku playing around, but Toppo was taking things seriously and he was concerned about her, same with Vegeta.
The reason for Goku to use SSB Kaioken against Gohan was only because his son asked. But during the fight, he did not seem to have pretensions to fight at a level above SSJ2 (where he could already rival Ultimate Gohan).

In the case of 17, Goku said he did not expect to have to use SSB against him. With that, you can say that the android is at least level Goku SSJ3 (he had not shown that he could use God again yet).

The same for Kale. Goku SSJ2 said it would release "a little more power" against it after turning into SSB, giving the impression that the Saiyajin avoided using SSJ3 because of energy expenditure and contained much of its power, even in SSB (as happened in several fights). Kale was defeated with a single Ki Blast from Jiren, while Goku SSB took the same attack and continued with

Dyspo showed up faster than Goku God's Teleportation, and managed to hit punches that did damage to him. I see the Pride Trooper above the Goku SSG and below the Goku SSB

lord turbo
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord turbo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:30 pm

LowRyder2005 wrote:Which clearly begs the question: if you think it's baseless what's your aim here in keeping this conversation up? Wouldn't a normal person say "oh, I think it's baseless, but to each their own"? I mean, at least that's what I would do. At least that's what I factually did many posts ago by now.
I'm trying to figure out exactly where you are coming from, unlike you're “evidence” which relies heavily on assumptions and speculation that can't be proven, mines relies just on facts demonstrated form the series proper, that's a big difference between what you and I are doing.
Again, exactly my point above.
No, its not, far from it and it is this prime example of your hard headed stubborn contrarian approach that's difficult to take seriously. Your argument *pause*...non-existing argument is based on a unsubstantial opinion, not facts. The non-ambiguous and crystal clear narrative has Vegeta and Cabba equally matched, your mere assumptions does not change this. Vegeta has zero reason to lie here and even mentioned earlier he won't hold back against Cabba, regardless of your opinion about Cabba's stamina Vegeta takes all of this into consideration and still shows and mentions they are equally matched in their base form, the narrative then shows SSJ Vegeta in the manga and anime stronger than SSJ Caba despite them being equal in their normal forms, this is not debatable.

The above clearly shows there are no strict constant multipliers for all Saiyans across the board. I mentioned before there was implications of this in the Buu Saga but you callously brushed it off with a pompous jack ass attitude as mere conjecture while pretending to be open minded. I'll cut to the main point from the Buu Saga, Goku and Vegeta's SSJ2 forms are stated to be far stronger than Teen Gohan's SSJ2, skip forward to the Z-sword and both Goku and Gohan mention the Z-sword is incredibly heavy and visibly have trouble wielding it in their normal forms, thus their base forms are more or less at a similar level with each other, yet Goku's SSJ2 has a far bigger boost than Gohan's SSJ2.

Skip to the Black arc and Future Trunks mentions "I was never satisfied with the power this form (SSJ2) yields". Trunks proceeds to power up his SSJ2 form further to which Vegeta mentions "He powered up to the same strength as Kakarot's SSJ3 without transforming." If that isn't outright clarification for you then I don't know what to say other than you're simply in denial at this point.

Finally, the narrative has Goku and Vegeta more or less equal to each other in their base forms during any of their training/sparring matches since the start of the U6 arc all the way up to the start of Goku Black arc, yet his SSJ2 has far bigger boost than Trunks' SSJ2 with Vegeta's SSJ2 being far stronger than Goku's SSJ3 since the BoGs arc. So there you have it, multiple characters with greatly varying boosts within the same SSJ form(s) among themselves.

I hope I don't have to deal with your opinion about “ strict multipliers” written by different third parties that were never stated or said to exist in the series to begin with from this point on.
Again, exactly my point above. By the way, I also think Gohan, Goten and Trunks all regressed a lot in Super; no idea what the Buu saga has to do with this.
Again, not really. Now, I don't mind you thinking Gohan has regressed a lot in Super since its outright stated, however, nothing of that nature is stated for Goten/Trunks which would be mere conjecture and assumptions on your part since you have zero concrete proof they have regressed at all.
Assuming a farmer wouldn't put Piccolo Daimao in a bearhug, he then obviously let Tupper strangle him for thirty seconds of banter? Your idea of "dropping your guard = let yourself get punched for seconds or minutes" is absolutely bizarre.
Hey, not my logic, its DBS, also, Its stated by Vegeta that Goku has a bad habit of never going all out from the start by and Kuririn recently mentioned Goku tests his power against others in weaker states instead of going to higher states like SSJB to bring out said opponents full power. Considering Goku did not fall over to his knees, nor transform to a higher state to handle Tupper's increasing mass along to which he immediately showed no signs of being tired or strained after 18 gets Tupper off of him means Goku was no where near his theoretical max in base form so I wouldn't use that scene as proof of 18 > base Goku.
Finally an acceptably open-minded statement? What happened? I was expecting a "this is totally wrong because *whatever idea I have on the subject*".
I'll humor you an address this patronizing haughty response. What happened is that none of the characters can be properly compared to each other due to a lack of information and constantly changing scaling between them from episode to episode. Well...at least until last weeks episode that showed base Vegeta having the advantage against Ribrianne and nearly winning if not for her friend's intervention complete with her doubting her power level to win the tournament. That's a far cry from her getting suckershotted by SSJB Goku, impressing SSJ Vegeta and matching 17 earlier on.
... Why should I? Goku casually punching a farmer with full strength would probably kill the guy even in early Dragon Ball. And why shouldn't Mr. Buu suppress himself, again, assuming he was normally far above base Goku? I mean, do you think Krillin sparring with base Goku at the end of GT proves Krillin is not that much behind base Goku? I'm seriously falling way behind with pretty much anything you're saying by now.
Those are some extreme examples there and why are you bringing up GT? Anyway, the point with base Goku vs. Mr. Buu was that base Goku was matching the speed and strength of Mr. Buu that was higher than his full power shown in the tournament, his previous power level exceeds Piccolo/SSJ2 Gohan and giving that even the narrator has the current 10 fighters as the strongest representatives of U7 then yeah... base Goku > Mr. Buu despite merely testing him.
Still, I absolutely love this "off guard" thing which makes fighters fight like crap for minutes.
You mean like how Goku has been consistently for this whole tournament, lol.
What...? Again?
Base Goku = base Future Trunks > Kid SSJ Trunks = SSJ Gohan = suppressed SSJ Goku. Its to show being in one form (SSJ Goku vs SSJ Gohan) fighting lower than his previous form like SSJ Vegeta (apparently fighting lower than his base form against Ribrianne as of last week), SSJB Goku vs. Kuririn or SSJB Goku vs. Kale for example does not mean it was necessary to do so.
... LOL, then pray tell, what were you actually saying?
To be frank, I have no recollection of this, but it could easily have to do with Gohan being affected by the poison and unable. Or Gohan being suppressed, since his Super Saiyan should be far above Lavenda. In fact, if Gohan's Super Saiyan isn't that much above it looks even more like an indicator that his regular Super Saiyan would make short work of Lavenda.
Lets take this from the start, before the match begins Gohan tells Goku to watch his battle to see how strong he has become now since he's been training to get back in shape, ergo, Gohan is not holding back and has zero reason to. This is reconfirmed when initially Gohan was thinking about taking it slowly, but then Goku reminds him there's no need to and go all-out against Lavenda, don't hold anything back to which Gohan agrees with and will do. The match begins and base Gohan and Lavenda are more or less on par with each other.

So good, so far, then Gohan gets blinded, after being temporaily disoriented, he gathers his bearings and uses his enhances senses from being blind to kick Lavenda's ass as you say to which is where I said he fought better, not stronger. Do you agree Gohan is fighting better compared to the evenish fight he had earlier with Lavenda when not blinded?

Okay, continuing, Lavenda starts attacking from a distance which starts overwhelming Gohan to wish he states “Not yet, I haven't fully unleashed my power yet.” Gohan turns SSJ, I hope you know what the term fully unleashed means, its the opposite of suppression/holding back, after powering up to full in SSJ Lavenda mentions his power only increased by a small amount alone with merely shining, yet he still can't sense his presence.

After showing he can now “See” through the aura from his SSJ as a radar he rushes and attacks Lavenda fiercely like he did at the very start of the battle with both attacking, evading, and blocking about the same until the poison spreads rapidly through Gohan causing him to be in pain.

Now, if SSJ is a 50x boost instead of a the small boost it was stated to be in this fight shouldn't Gohan oneshot Lavenda instantly, even in a suppressed state of SSJ since these same characters have one-shotted characters when the difference was less than 2-3x between them? Considering Lavenda still can't kill or overpower base Gohan who's fending and blocking all his attacks before powering up to SSJ again and immediately getting into a dead even fight exchange complete with dead even beam duel before the poison spreads and causes Gohan to lost focus due to being in pain I'm going to have to disagree SSJ is a 50x during this fight, if it was Lavenda should have decimated base Gohan who would be 50x weaker than the all-out SSJ Gohan desperately trying to beat Lavenda before the poison kills him.
Too bad the poison did work instantly: Lavenda literally asks base Gohan if he likes his poison when he's beating him up and Ro tells Gohan he should "writhe in pain" because of it. So, again, you're completely off the mark.
1. Not really considering the same base Gohan after gathering his bearings was calmly sensing Lavenda's movement and ended up kicking his ass as you say confusing Roh and Lavenda greatly. That would be kind of hard to accomplish writhing in pain and agony wouldn't you say? Obviously, he wasn't in that much pain as thought since he's dismissing all of Lavenda's advance and attacks without writhing in pain in a cool calm demeanor and state. 2. Lavenda himself after that point states the poison gradually affects and rots his body. I hope you know what gradual mean, it means slowly/little/bit by bit, the exact opposite of instant.
You're really livid, aren't you?
No more than you I imagine.

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:53 pm

1- Zen'oh/Future Zen'oh
2- Daishinkan
3- Whis/Vados
5- Beerus/Champa
6- Merged Zamasu
7 - Goku SSB KK x20
9- Goku Black SSJ Rosé
10- Trunks SSJ Rage
11-Dyspo
12- Kale
13- Android 17
15- Zamasu
16- Kyabe
17-Piccolo
18- Frost
Feel like Gohan is far too low - he's certainly above Caulifla imo, he fought SSB Goku and before anyone says 'he asked for him to go full power', yes he did to test himself, however he took a blow from a fully powered Blue attack and it could be implied that Goku felt he had to go KK Blue to completely overwhelm him and knock him out, which could place him at a high percentage of SSB Goku + neither Caulifla, 17 nor Dyspo had Goku go to KK Blue to defeat them..11 is about right for now..

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:01 pm

1- Zen'oh/Future Zen'oh
2- Daishinkan
3- Whis/Vados
5- Beerus/Champa
6- Merged Zamasu
7 - Goku SSB KK x20
9- Goku Black SSJ Rosé
10- Trunks SSJ Rage
11-Dyspo
12- Kale
13- Android 17
15- Zamasu
16- Kyabe
17-Piccolo
18- Frost
There's no reason to put SSJ Blue Vegetto above Beerus, not to mention even coming close to Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren!
Also, instead of just saying Whis/Vados, why not mention the term Angels instead? All of them are most likely at around the same tier anyway.

Omni-King
Grand Priest
Angels
Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren
Most Gods of Destruction at the least.
SSJ Blue Vegetto
Merged Zamasu

lord turbo
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord turbo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:35 pm

LowRyder2005 wrote:@lord_turbo: Don't think I'm even gonna give a read to yet another bloated chunk of text and full of pretentious factoids and filmsy explanations I'm supposed to automatically ingrain in order to have a bizarre acknowledgement of the sort; for once, I'll take a leap of faith and just assume you are repeating yourself without adding anything concrete other than more arbitrary assumptions, logical leaps and personal interpretations to what I had previously read. Especially considering how much you were grasping at straws and the excuses to try and justify the supposed reality behind Lavenda vs. Gohan.
You're over exaggerating immensely and badly misinterpret anything I said in some incredibly lousy and patronizing attempt to discredit any valid counterpoints.
It's not that I like weasel words. The only difference here is that you aren't even remotely self-critical, it's different. You have your own preconceived set of arbitrary rules on the way you are supposed to take things and set of priorities; your ostensibly faulty arguments like "it means Vegeta is a thousands times stronger than base Goku", "being off-guard means you can't react to threats even twenty seconds after", being probably the most effective examples of some of the most forced, crappiest logic I've ever seen not only in Dragon Ball, but in any discussion I can recall on the internet.
Same as above.
What I find most offensive is that you think my use of weasel words is "being contrarian" when it's only meant to show open-mindedness. You are the contrarian one, and also a horribly intolerant one, since you can't even fathom how anyone would and you'd rather assume the other party is trying to take you for an idiot. Like I think I've said before, you're a mesmerizing case of bias and over-inflated sense of analytical prowess you clearly do not possess; the crucial problem is that the more you post the less coherent your reasoning becomes. You're probably just lucky your posts are probably too long for people to read and analyze them thoroughly -- moderators included, it seems, since with your latest stuff you basically break half of the TOS every time.
I said contrarian because it fits you to a T, you take any unambiguous and straight forward statement/event and wildly interpret it into something completely different. What else am I suppose to call it when every counter point begins with one speculation and assumption after another with nothing concrete to sell it? For instance, you get a plethora or crystal clear examples that shows SSJ forms boost are not equal for everyone from the Buu Saga, to the U6 saga, to Goku Black saga with literally a character talking about increasing the boost of said SSJ form itself yet once again you predictably and callously brush off legit counterpoints against your opinion of strict multipliers (Need I remind you're the one that was pushing your opinion of it hard onto to me to prove they exist in the series for some bizarre reason) a long dismissive tangent saying its bloated chunk of crap to the point you might as well just post the meme video of the game show host harshly dismissing Adam Sandler's character from Billy Madison since its nearly identical in tone and speech, seriously, what the hell?!

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:26 pm

*sigh* Guess I should've edited the post sooner.
You're over exaggerating immensely and badly misinterpret anything I said in some incredibly lousy and patronizing attempt to discredit any valid counterpoints.
Absolutely not. Basically every single of your inferences naturally relies on some assumption turn at any point, and yet the way you pig-headedly believe you aren't interjecting any more than I am - actually, that you're interjecting way less than I am - leads me to believe you can't even fathom the normal logical processes of moving from premises to hypothesis to opinions. This only shows a profound immaturity and inability to accept other wordlviews.

If you think Vegeta's words are enough to prove he was equal to Cabba it's still your opinion. Not a fact. If I believe Vegeta's words are not enough to prove he was equal to Cabba it's an opinion. If you disagree with me we see why we disagree and maybe one of us changes his idea; if we can't see it eye to eye then you try to respectfully move on.
To reiterate, you are in dire need of a reality check: you are giving me your opinions, I've been diplomatic enough to acknowledge them as such - while questioning many of the processes which lead you to those conclusions; which is what the discussion actually entails to - and to give you mine in return. I think of myself as a reasonably open-minded person. If the end result is that you spout ridiculous crap I could condone only assuming you are way younger than me (namely, in some 15-18 bracket), like "your baseless opinions are confronting my facts" along with slander, smear campaigns and name-calling, it's clear the issue is on your part. Evidently, chances are you can't understand your opinions are just darn opinions.

If you can't understand such a basic notion, which is a necessary prerequisite of confronting another opinion, then you should probably stop using forums and start from self-help books on "how can I become an understanding and acceptive person" instead of wasting your time with cranky wallposts (which again, as far as I can see, are more manual exercises in seeing how long you can keyboard-warrior your way out of the discussion, given how poor your arguments and how unsound your logic generally is). The invite is still open.
I said contrarian because it fits you to a T, you take any unambiguous and straight forward statement/event and wildly interpret it into something completely different. What else am I suppose to call it when every counter point begins with one speculation and assumption after another with nothing concrete to sell it? For instance, you get a plethora or crystal clear examples that shows SSJ forms boost are not equal for everyone from the Buu Saga, to the U6 saga, to Goku Black saga with literally a character talking about increasing the boost of said SSJ form itself yet once again you predictably and callously brush off legit counterpoints against your opinion of strict multipliers (Need I remind you're the one that was pushing your opinion of it hard onto to me to prove they exist in the series for some bizarre reason) a long dismissive tangent saying its bloated chunk of crap to the point you might as well just post the meme video of the game show host harshly dismissing Adam Sandler's character from Billy Madison since its nearly identical in tone and speech, seriously, what the hell?!
It's almost as if you're indulding in some transference process regarding your own behavior. I'm not trying to spoon-feed you anything, I've been very tame in my assertions and every time I've stated I think the multipliers may or may not be static it has something which has to do with how I view things (and I don't even think the multipliers *have* to be static, namely; the difference between you and me is that you're convinced they can't be static, while I think the manga can easily work with static multipliers and that the guidebooks act as more compelling evidence in favor of the theory). Contrary to you, who are literally trying to show the concept - among a ridiculous amount of many others, as far as many (again, good as any) step-by-step dissection of this or that scene, some of which I've reported above for comparison - down my throat and that of whoever may disagree with you.

Truthfully, I'd gladly invite someone else to step in at this point, since I suppose I've probably indirectly antagonized you to such a degree you'd rant until the dies irae anyway even if I were the most good-natured person in the world.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:55 pm

TheGreatSaiyaman wrote:

1- Zen'oh/Future Zen'oh
2- Daishinkan
3- Whis/Vados
5- Beerus/Champa
6- Merged Zamasu
7 - Goku SSB KK x20
9- Goku Black SSJ Rosé
10- Trunks SSJ Rage
11-Dyspo
12- Kale
13- Android 17
15- Zamasu
16- Kyabe
17-Piccolo
18- Frost
Feel like Gohan is far too low - he's certainly above Caulifla imo, he fought SSB Goku and before anyone says 'he asked for him to go full power', yes he did to test himself, however he took a blow from a fully powered Blue attack and it could be implied that Goku felt he had to go KK Blue to completely overwhelm him and knock him out, which could place him at a high percentage of SSB Goku + neither Caulifla, 17 nor Dyspo had Goku go to KK Blue to defeat them..11 is about right for now..
Gohan did not force Goku to use the Kaioken.

Goku was rivaling Ultimate Gohan only in SSJ2.
The Saiyajin only turned into Blue at the request of Gohan himself, who wanted him to fight with ALL HIS POWER (this includes the Kaioken).

I can not see Gohan, who had difficulties with Goku SSJ2, at the Goku SSB level.
So Gohan was using 0.0001% of his power against SSJ2, and suddenly he raised his Ki to the point of rivaling an SSB? It is?
GodVegetto91 wrote:

1- Zen'oh/Future Zen'oh
2- Daishinkan
3- Whis/Vados
5- Beerus/Champa
6- Merged Zamasu
7 - Goku SSB KK x20
9- Goku Black SSJ Rosé
10- Trunks SSJ Rage
11-Dyspo
12- Kale
13- Android 17
15- Zamasu
16- Kyabe
17-Piccolo
18- Frost
There's no reason to put SSJ Blue Vegetto above Beerus, not to mention even coming close to Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren!
Also, instead of just saying Whis/Vados, why not mention the term Angels instead? All of them are most likely at around the same tier anyway.

Omni-King
Grand Priest
Angels
Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren
Most Gods of Destruction at the least.
SSJ Blue Vegetto
Merged Zamasu
I see Vegetto above Beerus, as well as Jiren and Ultra instintc Goku.

So since I do not have an exact idea of the power of these 3 warriors, I'd rather put them all on the same level.

I also believe there are differences in the powers of the angels and the Gods of Destruction. So I prefer to put just the characters in which we have a clearer notion of strength, such as Beerus / Champa and Whis / Vados

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:08 pm

So, this is my ranking so far for the god level fighters in the movies & manga continuity (I ignore the BoG retelling because it doesn't change anything important in the first place, and the movies give us more):

Blue Vegetto
Daishinkai
Angels - 15
Hakaishins - 10
Perfect SSB Goku | Perfect SSB Vegeta
Merged Zamasu
SSR Black
Golden Freeza
SSB Goku | SSB Vegeta | SS with God power Black (max)
Base/SS with God power/SSG Goku | Base with God power/SSG Vegeta - 6
Final Form Freeza
Full Power Hit
Super Vegetto
Everyone else

About the Saiyans: The way I see it, the Base & SS with God power states of Goku, Vegeta, and Black are temporary states. The SS with God power form starts at SSG level (Goku in BoG), and gets close to SSB/R level through training (which is the level Black eventually reached), and when it reaches its full potential, it changes to Blue or Rose (depending on the Saiyan). Through even more training, the Saiyans can unlock the full power of SSB/R (this gives a new aura to SSB/R), which only lasts for a few seconds upon transforming (Goku & Vegeta reached this level inside the RoSaT, while Black immidiately reached this state after he drew out all of Goku's dormant powers). After unlocking the full power of SSB/R, the Base with God power state disappears, and the Saiyan returns back to normal, fully capable to become a SSB/R along with regular SS, and capable to learn how to go SSG on his own.

Also, I'll treat the Hakaishins as equals for now, same for the Angels. And I don't believe that Goku & Vegeta have ever made any significant gains from their training that are worth mentioning.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:49 pm

When it comes to Ultra Instinct, would this be considered a "Godly State"? If so, is Roshi's statement on Goku's Chi confirmation that he could at least detect God Chi?

Also, do you believe Super Saiyan could be combined with Ultra Instinct? Or is it likely that the form is its own thing?
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:52 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:So, this is my ranking so far for the god level fighters in the movies & manga continuity (I ignore the BoG retelling because it doesn't change anything important in the first place, and the movies give us more):

Blue Vegetto
Daishinkai
Angels - 15
Hakaishins - 10
Perfect SSB Goku | Perfect SSB Vegeta
Merged Zamasu
SSR Black
Golden Freeza
SSB Goku | SSB Vegeta | SS with God power Black (max)
Base/SS with God power/SSG Goku | Base with God power/SSG Vegeta - 6
Final Form Freeza
Full Power Hit
Super Vegetto
Everyone else

About the Saiyans: The way I see it, the Base & SS with God power states of Goku, Vegeta, and Black are temporary states. The SS with God power form starts at SSG level (Goku in BoG), and gets close to SSB/R level through training (which is the level Black eventually reached), and when it reaches its full potential, it changes to Blue or Rose (depending on the Saiyan). Through even more training, the Saiyans can unlock the full power of SSB/R (this gives a new aura to SSB/R), which only lasts for a few seconds upon transforming (Goku & Vegeta reached this level inside the RoSaT, while Black immidiately reached this state after he drew out all of Goku's dormant powers). After unlocking the full power of SSB/R, the Base with God power state disappears, and the Saiyan returns back to normal, fully capable to become a SSB/R along with regular SS, and capable to learn how to go SSG on his own.

Also, I'll treat the Hakaishins as equals for now, same for the Angels. And I don't believe that Goku & Vegeta have ever made any significant gains from their training that are worth mentioning.
Lmfao did i just read that right?! Do you seriously have SSJ Blue Vegetto ABOVE the Grand Priest!???