Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

STH
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by STH » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:12 am

AvatarReiko wrote:Wait just a minute. How can UI Goku possibly be stronger than Vegito? Goku is just a sum of his parts.

Goku's power x Vegeta's power = Vegito, so Goku couldn't possibly be stronger than Vegito. It is illogical
Because this is Super Series. :D
Melkaniator wrote: "DBS anime is a fan service series that delivers irrelevant dialogue, inconsistent writing, and lazy designs.

The DB manga never had so many mistakes, nor those were this constant."

Myzt0gun

Post by Myzt0gun » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:39 am

Has anyone saw the latest chapter of Dragon Ball Super?? (Chapter 33 and 34)
SPOILERS On CHAPTER 33 AND 34 QUESTION...

Can we all assume that the Trio De Dangers, Monna, Katopesla and Jimeze still possess their abilities shown in the anime??
I believe that they were defeated fast because they're not going all out yet and were all defeated due to them holding back
and getting surprise attacked

I mean seriously why didn't Jimeze teleports to safety when Prum was tossed towards him?
Why didn't Bergamo used Power Absorption to easily defeats Piccolo
or
Why didn't the Other Universe 9 use their abilities to beat Frost (Who is Going all Out)

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:11 am

Myzt0gun wrote:Has anyone saw the latest chapter of Dragon Ball Super?? (Chapter 33 and 34)
SPOILERS On CHAPTER 33 AND 34 QUESTION...

Can we all assume that the Trio De Dangers, Monna, Katopesla and Jimeze still possess their abilities shown in the anime??
I believe that they were defeated fast because they're not going all out yet and were all defeated due to them holding back
and getting surprise attacked

I mean seriously why didn't Jimeze teleports to safety when Prum was tossed towards him?
Why didn't Bergamo used Power Absorption to easily defeats Piccolo
or
Why didn't the Other Universe 9 use their abilities to beat Frost (Who is Going all Out)
Because they can't do that.

STOP thinking that Manga and anime are the same. They are vastly different.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:27 am

Bullza wrote:Yeah Beerus said nothing of the sort, so if he doesn't say anything in the next one...

It was fairly straightforward really. What might be worth noting is that at the start of the episode the Supreme Kai referred to Jiren already using his full power. When he then powered up further Vegeta mentioned that he'd remembered some trauma and Gohan mentioned it awakened his hidden power.

So he may have been using his full power the whole time since...was it before Goku activated Omen for the third time?

Then Goku seemed to power up more, they mainly noted his speed and he won.

The spoilers mentioned Goku's strength coming up short leading us to think that Jiren was simply stronger but no apparently not.
It did come up short since his power ran out before he could finished the job.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:31 am

Helios518 wrote:I must be out of the loop but I thought the shirtless Geran was the full-power one. When was it stated that the one in 129 was the full power one?
The show suggests that bulky Jiren is Jiren with his hidden power unlock from PTSD. This is even backed up by Herms when he first did the translation. In other words, Jiren was overclocked like Goku.
TheUltimateNinja wrote:What Goku did to pre-shirtless Jiren is what he'd do to any GoD.

Dodge and hit like a feather? That's sounds about right.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

picc
Beyond Newbie

Post by picc » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:37 am

Can't wait until Jiren powers up again next episode. Excited to see his true, true, true, (true) strength.
Planet Namek Bred

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:16 am

The episode seemed simple enough in terms of how the power worked.

Jiren's raw full power, that of a mortal that even a Hakaishin cannot defeat, is nothing before the Complete Ultra Instinct. Thus, he must awaken a hidden level of power beyond even this in order to combat Goku.

The two are pretty even until Jiren really starts to let loose with his limit-breaking power, briefly overcoming the Complete Ultra Instinct until Goku gets a second wind and gains new resolve that allows him to chump on even Jiren's strength beyond strength.

===

"There exists a mortal that even a mortal that can't be defeated by a God of Destruction can't defeat." Redundancy, much? :lol:

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:05 am

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:The two are pretty even until Jiren really starts to let loose with his limit-breaking power, briefly overcoming the Complete Ultra Instinct until Goku gets a second wind and gains new resolve that allows him to chump on even Jiren's strength beyond strength.
I would just complement that Jiren could have won if he didn’t do that stupid blast directed at U7. That was a trigger for Goku to become even more powerful.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:16 am

Hugo Boss wrote:
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:The two are pretty even until Jiren really starts to let loose with his limit-breaking power, briefly overcoming the Complete Ultra Instinct until Goku gets a second wind and gains new resolve that allows him to chump on even Jiren's strength beyond strength.
I would just complement that Jiren could have won if he didn’t do that stupid blast directed at U7. That was a trigger for Goku to become even more powerful.
Goku was winning even before Jiren attacked the bleachers.
Kanassa wrote:

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:30 am

HeroR wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:
It appeared so, but they were still in the process of mutually turning the tables. Jiren could have used that opportunity to aim the blast at Goku. By doing that, Goku went savage mode.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:35 am

So, now that we know that Jiren's full power, from which we can reasonably extrapolate at the very least is on the level of the Hakaishin, was no match for Complete Ultra Instinct Goku until he broke his limits and awoke his hidden power, can we finally say for certain that Goku and Jiren are at the very least beyond the Hakaishin?

They don't have to be far above them, just enough that they can with certainty not be defeated.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:49 am

Hugo Boss wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote: I would just complement that Jiren could have won if he didn’t do that stupid blast directed at U7. That was a trigger for Goku to become even more powerful.
It appeared so, but they were still in the process of mutually turning the tables. Jiren could have used that opportunity to aim the blast at Goku. By doing that, Goku went savage mode.
But on the flip side that at act, while not its intention, could have been what saved Jiren from being ringed out. Goku was forced to waste time to save his friends, cutting into his borrowed time.

It was a wasteful act of psychotic spite on Jiren's part but had a positive outcome at the last moment. Whats really screwed him over his is misplaced faith in his own power and his lack of trust in his teammates. He's now alone, badly hurt from that fight and is now stuck in a 3-v-1 battle.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:11 am

I have a feeling time will run out and U11 will be erased.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:17 am

With regards to Vegeta, the way I see it, in his current Evolved SSB form, he CAN fight with a Hakaishin on more even grounds in straight combat, but he cannot defeat one unless he puts all of his power into a single limit-breaking attack.

So, Vegeta's "overall" power isn't on par with the Hakaishin, merely close enough that he can actually fight them in a brawl without being murked.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:22 am

Hugo Boss wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote: I would just complement that Jiren could have won if he didn’t do that stupid blast directed at U7. That was a trigger for Goku to become even more powerful.
But Goku would just most likely just dodged it. Overall, Goku was already taking the lead. Jiren just assured his defeat.
Kanassa wrote:

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:22 am

Lord Frieza wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:
HeroR wrote: Goku was winning even before Jiren attacked the bleachers.
But on the flip side that at act, while not its intention, could have been what saved Jiren from being ringed out. Goku was forced to waste time to save his friends, cutting into his borrowed time.

It was a wasteful act of psychotic spite on Jiren's part but had a positive outcome at the last moment. Whats really screwed him over his is misplaced faith in his own power and his lack of trust in his teammates. He's now alone, badly hurt from that fight and is now stuck in a 3-v-1 battle.
I agree. Some actions done differently may influence in the outcome of a fight. Goku also wastes time schooling Jiren. That’s a weakness on his part in a strict battle, but it pays off in the long run. That’s why I think they deserve a rematch.
HeroR wrote:But Goku would just most likely just dodged it. Overall, Goku was already taking the lead. Jiren just assured his defeat.
Yeah, but I have the impression they stepped up a little more just after Goku went mad. So, I imagine Goku could have collapsed before taking down Jiren in the proper match. Either way, I agree on your conclusion.
Last edited by Hugo Boss on Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:26 am

Hugo Boss wrote: I agree. Some actions done differently may influence in the outcome of a fight. Goku also wastes time schooling Jiren. That’s a weakness on his part in a strict battle, but it pays off in the long run. That’s why I think they deserve a rematch.
A rematch would be more in Goku's favor since he would be fresh. Remember, Goku has stamina issues since 110 so UI Goku in 130 wasn't fighting on a full tank. In comparison, while Jiren has some dents, he was far fresher.
Kanassa wrote:

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:28 am

Hugo Boss wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote: It appeared so, but they were still in the process of mutually turning the tables. Jiren could have used that opportunity to aim the blast at Goku. By doing that, Goku went savage mode.

I agree. Some actions done differently may influence in the outcome of a fight. Goku also wastes time schooling Jiren. That’s a weakness on his part in a strict battle, but it pays off in the long run. That’s why I think they deserve a rematch.
Jiren was certainly not happy that he didn't get to soundly defeat Goku on his own terms, even if he ultimately wouldn't have been able to do it given that Ultra Instinct Goku was ever so slightly beyond him.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:33 am

Nevaeh wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:I can't be the only who finds retarded that 17 and Freeza were holding on their own against Jiren. Being stomped by Goku or not, he still several times stronger than both.
This is all based on the assumption that Jiren is completely fine after his fight with Goku, right?
Again: Jiren is the guy capable of beating the shit out KKx20 SSJB Goku (who is likely stronger than Golden Freeza and Android #17) being suppressed. It doesn't matter how injured he was, he's still a fucking monster compared to them.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:38 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
Nevaeh wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:I can't be the only who finds retarded that 17 and Freeza were holding on their own against Jiren. Being stomped by Goku or not, he still several times stronger than both.
This is all based on the assumption that Jiren is completely fine after his fight with Goku, right?
Again: Jiren is the guy capable of beating the shit out KKx20 SSJB Goku (who is likely stronger than Golden Freeza and Android #17) being suppressed. It doesn't matter how injured he was, he's still a fucking monster compared to them.
He could just be so injured that he’s only Blue level.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"