Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by PFM18 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:04 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Xeztin wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Umm no... this form was the equivalent of ssbe from the anime. Goku already used his equivalent of kaioken, and its far weaker than this chapters vegeta.
Then SSJBE will probably be stronger as Toytotaro always tries to make them equal. I just can’t see him writing off the SSJBE with pupils. Plus it seems he’d been eliminated if that was as strong as he is going to get. Usually when he draws the characters or forms on V-Jumps cover they will appear.
Ssbe is as strong as ssbkk in the anime. So ssbe isnt a step above ssbkk. However, the manga actually chose to have ssbe vegeta to be above it.
well from what we see in the anime SSBE should be above SSBKK considering that they were even and performed equivalently in ep 123 and then in 126 Vegeta got a huge power boost that presumably put him a step above SSBKK.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:13 am

PFM18 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Xeztin wrote:
Then SSJBE will probably be stronger as Toytotaro always tries to make them equal. I just can’t see him writing off the SSJBE with pupils. Plus it seems he’d been eliminated if that was as strong as he is going to get. Usually when he draws the characters or forms on V-Jumps cover they will appear.
Ssbe is as strong as ssbkk in the anime. So ssbe isnt a step above ssbkk. However, the manga actually chose to have ssbe vegeta to be above it.
well from what we see in the anime SSBE should be above SSBKK considering that they were even and performed equivalently in ep 123 and then in 126 Vegeta got a huge power boost that presumably put him a step above SSBKK.
I agree there. But i mean the form in general was shown as a power up equivalent to kk at first. But it looks like the manga gave it a far higher boost, with jiren no selling a cssb kaiokenlike goku, and jiren actually stated that vegeta was beyond anything goku had achieved, besides UIO.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:25 am

I got a question for everyone. When do u think jiren started to use more power than what his god of destruction holds, in both anime and manga (i think the manga is too soon)? I think its an interesting question.
I believe he went beyond belmod against 129 uio goku. I dont think he has used more power than belmod in the manga yet.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:10 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:I got a question for everyone. When do u think jiren started to use more power than what his god of destruction holds,
when he was fighting SSBE and Blue Kaiohken at the same time.

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:10 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Xeztin wrote:
If anything, the anime shows that SSBE and SSBKK are complete equals. I don't think Vegeta getting a boost in 126 brings him any higher than SSBKK in the same way that his boost in BoG didn't bring him any higher than Goku's SSJ3. Maybe for a bit, but definitely not as a general state of power. SSBE exists solely to put Vegeta back on Goku's level.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:10 pm

Jiren says that Vegeta fought harder than Goku in his Ascended state from a moment ago.

So that has to be the "Kaio-ken" Blue right? Couldn't be Ultra Instinct because he hasn't fought him yet.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:17 pm

Bullza wrote:Jiren says that Vegeta fought harder than Goku in his Ascended state from a moment ago.

So that has to be the "Kaio-ken" Blue right? Couldn't be Ultra Instinct because he hasn't fought him yet.
That's Power Stressed Blue, yeah.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:25 pm

Bullza wrote:Jiren says that Vegeta fought harder than Goku in his Ascended state from a moment ago.

No, Jiren said he DIDN'T fight harder than ascended form Goku. And I think he meant UI omen.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:36 pm

Oh yeah he said fought back harder than anyone besides Goku's ascended state a moment ago. He never fought as Ultra Instinct though.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:44 pm

While reading I thought it was Ultra Instinct since "a moment ago" that was what Goku was doing. But a single dodge barely qualifies as a fight... At the same time would Goku's power up state be refereed as Ascended.

Logically Vegeta would be between Ultra Instinct and Mastered SSJB. I don't know what to think.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:02 pm

This pretty much is like the anime, where vegeta ends up stronger than anyone besides goku ui and jiren

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:33 pm

DBS Manga Tier list

Jiren+ tier: FP Jiren

Jiren tier: UI Sign Goku = Jiren

MSSB+ tier: Blue Vegeta(evolution)>FP Hit(time lag)>Blue Goku(power stressed)

MSSB tier: Blue Goku/Vegeta = Toppo = Hit > FP Kale* = Kefla = Gohan

MSSB- tier: MSSB Goku(non-serious) = SS Kale > Golden Frieza(non serious)
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:45 pm

Bergamo wrote:DBS Manga Tier list

I wouldn't put Hit that high. Jiren one-shotted him.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:13 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Bergamo wrote:DBS Manga Tier list

I wouldn't put Hit that high. Jiren one-shotted him.
Hit was equal to MSSB Goku, and then he powered up, so I put him in MSSB+ tier. Blue Goku power stressed also got hit pretty hard and burned away all of Goku's remaining energy, and he just didn't seem as impressive to me.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:20 pm

So it seems that "Vegeta struggles with Topp, unlocks a new Blue power-up, beats him, and then jobs to Jiren" was in the outline. Interesting.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:27 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:So it seems that "Vegeta struggles with Topp, unlocks a new Blue power-up, beats him, and then jobs to Jiren" was in the outline. Interesting.
I wonder if it was or if Toyotaro just took some ideas from the anime. Vegeta's portrayal doesn't really seem very Toriyama-esque. The prideful demeanor he exhibited that went along with his asspull seems like an attempt to cater to the fans who want to see the character recapture his "glory days" again, something I don't really see Toriyama caring all that much for.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:31 pm

Doctor. wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:So it seems that "Vegeta struggles with Topp, unlocks a new Blue power-up, beats him, and then jobs to Jiren" was in the outline. Interesting.
I wonder if it was or if Toyotaro just took some ideas from the anime. Vegeta's portrayal doesn't really seem very Toriyama-esque. The prideful demeanor he exhibited that went along with his asspull seems like an attempt to cater to the fans who want to see the character recapture his "glory days" again, something I don't really see Toriyama caring all that much for.
Toriyama basically did that in ROF. Vegeta's prideful demeanor being immediately smashed by his opponent who he arrogantly assumed was both weaker than him and a not a true fighter is also very Toriyama.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:36 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Toriyama basically did that in ROF. Vegeta's prideful demeanor being immediately smashed by his opponent who he arrogantly assumed was both weaker than him and a not a true fighter is also very Toriyama.
Makes sense. I just thought Toriyama seemed set in having Vegeta as the character who now keeps swallowing his pride for the tiniest thing (usually for the sake of a gag but not necessarily).

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:47 pm

Yup. I told people that it was going to be in both but they didnt buy it...

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:51 pm

It probably was, but it seems that only the anime decided to make a brand new transformation out of it.