Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by CTAkuma » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:06 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:For simplicity's sake, I always imagined that original series Vegito was around the same strength as Super Buu or Ultimate Gohan; either of the two works fine.

In this way, Buuhan maintains a definitive power edge over Vegito at full power, but the difference is small enough that SS Vegito still easily curbstomps Buuhan.
Eh, Base Vegito was almost too much for him

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:41 pm

I'd just put it as Base Vegetto = Buuhan. He wouldn't be able to win in base since Buuhan could keep regenerating. Neither was particularly serious when they fought before he went ssj.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:18 pm

Small manga leaks:
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:53 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Small manga leaks:

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:36 am

Anyone whose seen the broly wafer sticker, his lss self has a power of 9600. Thats as much as MUI goku.

SayianBeyondGod
Beyond Newbie

Post by SayianBeyondGod » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:41 am

IDK if it's just me but I keep seeing Kefla wank(not referring to this site specifically) and the underestimation of the other characters that is compared in the series. People out there believed she's above current SSBE Vegeta and GoD Toppo in power which is flat out wrong with contradictions from the show itself. Even when ignoring the spirit bomb argument in which people believe she rivalled it in SSJ which I'll still arguing against, people are forgetting that the same fatigue Goku she fought in kaioken isn't as strong as the one in episode 123. I don't believe SSJ2 Kefla let alone be as strong as heavily supressed Jiren from episode 122 or SSBKK Goku from 123, hence why she's wouldn't hold a candle or rival to the likes of current SSBE Vegeta or GOD Toppo. To go into more depth, even Jiren in episode 122 was stated to have the strongest Ki Vegeta had felt even when considering the fact he watched Kefla and UI Goku fought. When Jiren powers up more in 123, Goku claims Jiren's attacks where the hardest he felt which implies this Jiren is stronger than SSJ2 Kefla. SSBKK Goku and SSBE Vegeta were later seen pushing Jiren with their attacks and affecting Jiren with them with even ki blast from Vegeta forcing Jiren to counter with his own ki powered attacks. IIRC this forces Jiren to power up more later. Hence why phase 1 SSBE Vegeta and current SSBKK x20 Goku alone would be much above the likes of SSJ2 Kefla, and the likes of GoD Toppo or current SSBE Vegeta would be too much for Kefla even in terms of power.

If you think above about SSBE Vegeta went from struggling to overpower a hakai with a final flash to punching through it after his power up. For reference the Kamehameha(which should be similar if not less) increases it's user power level 2x, so Vegeta would've got over 2x as strong from that point. As for Toppo, when the Supreme Kai said Toppo's momentum needs to be stop just like as Jiren and with even Jiren pausing as Toppo powering up into his GoD stated I can't help but feel like it's being implied that God Toppo is rival that to the powered up Jiren from post 123. This would also give further indication that God Toppo is stronger than the likes of Kefla as even 122 Jiren was implied to be stronger.

SayianBeyondGod
Beyond Newbie

Post by SayianBeyondGod » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:45 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Anyone whose seen the broly wafer sticker, his lss self has a power of 9600. Thats as much as MUI goku.
I like a link to that, it's not too absurd to believe LSS Broly is as strong as MUI especially what magazines and movie promos have been implying. I wonder what this means if Gogeta beats this Broly.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:48 am

SayianBeyondGod wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Anyone whose seen the broly wafer sticker, his lss self has a power of 9600. Thats as much as MUI goku.
I like a link to that, it's not too absurd to believe LSS Broly is as strong as MUI especially what magazines and movie promos have been implying. I wonder what this means if Gogeta beats this Broly.
Go to the dbs merchandise thead. U will see it there.

SayianBeyondGod
Beyond Newbie

Post by SayianBeyondGod » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:10 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
SayianBeyondGod wrote:
Do you have a link?

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:52 am

SayianBeyondGod wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
SayianBeyondGod wrote: I like a link to that, it's not too absurd to believe LSS Broly is as strong as MUI especially what magazines and movie promos have been implying. I wonder what this means if Gogeta beats this Broly.
Do you have a link?
I already told u to go to the merchandise thread.

SayianBeyondGod
Beyond Newbie

Post by SayianBeyondGod » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:53 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
SayianBeyondGod wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Do you have a link?
I already told u to go to the merchandise thread.
I mean do you have a link for that? IDK where it is on this site.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:24 am

So, according to the stickers LSS Broly is on par with UI Goku while his orange eyed form is weaker than SSGod, though that obviously won't stick since it's shown fighting Blue later.

SS4 Bardock Xeno is on par with Blue KK Goku.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:39 am

ekrolo2 wrote:So, according to the stickers LSS Broly is on par with UI Goku while his orange eyed form is weaker than SSGod, though that obviously won't stick since it's shown fighting Blue later.

This is why we take all these card pl numbers with a huge grain of salt.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:13 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:So, according to the stickers LSS Broly is on par with UI Goku while his orange eyed form is weaker than SSGod, though that obviously won't stick since it's shown fighting Blue later.

This is why we take all these card pl numbers with a huge grain of salt.
Not really

Broly is the strongest enemy they will have ever faced so for him to be atleast as strong as UI goku from ToP makes perfect sense

Broly continually gets stronger so even if his Ikari form starts out below SSG (which even the trailer shows), he will eventually improve past it

ss4 bardock being = ssb kk goku can make sense , since its all about your base power. Even xeno ss4 goku was able to put up a good fight against ssb goku. If bardocks got a much stronger base than ss4 being < ssb won't be a problem

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:48 am

RecolorSaiyan wrote:ss4 bardock being = ssb kk goku can make sense , since its all about your base power. Even xeno ss4 goku was able to put up a good fight against ssb goku. If bardocks got a much stronger base than ss4 being < ssb won't be a problem
I'm pretty sure Xeno Bardock is stronger than Xeno Goku so him being strong enough for KK Blue makes sense.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:23 pm

let's remember the wafer cards also says SS2 Kefla is exactly as strong as SS1 Kefla

also: SS4 Bardock is NOT Bardock:Xeno.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:48 pm

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:59 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:03 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
No, its more like a ssbe form.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:05 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
No, its more like a ssbe form.
That also somehow healed some of Vegeta's wounds...