Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:31 am

Issei189 wrote:Isn't Non-God Anime Toppo suppose to be at some level of KK in his full power ? He started to power up during the end of their match and Goku in response turned on KK. Both of them keeping kept powering up until the Grand Priest stopped them and Yeah, Vegeta was on par with regular Toppo during the TOP, but he was holding back since we see Toppo power-up with that red aura against Andriod 17 when he was ready to end the fight.
I think there was some discussion on whether Toppo was meant to be on par with Super Saiyan Blue or Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken.

He did power up with the red aura at the end against Android 17 where he started to overpower him. However between Android 17 being a step below Super Saiyan Blue level anyway and him holding out fairly well against Toppo rather than being instantly blasted out I'd think Toppo was just Super Saiyan Blue level, no different from Vegeta or Frieza.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:43 am

Rally 07 wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote: That’s what you said:
Rally 07 wrote: The Ultimate or Potential Unleashed transformation is a power up so it is indeed a multiplication of one's power.
Your wording suggests you think powering up means multiplying one’s power.
Um yes, powering up in Dragon Ball is raising or increasing one's power. And especially with transformations or techniques that multiply one's power such as the Kaioken technique. Unless you want to claim transformations or power ups are not some sort of multiplier like cough* ThePinWheel.
The first sentence is okay, but then you contradict yourself in the last line. There is nothing suggesting every transformation multiplies one’s power. This is something you just made up.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:23 pm

Nevaeh wrote:
ZombieVito wrote:
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: Indeed.

It's when Goku DOESN'T say Kaioken but still uses the technique that the level he's using has to be called into question, like on Namek or against Jiren.
It's not a rule. There has been at least one time where Goku has only said Kaioken but had a much higher level than just 2.
Good example of this is when he and Vegeta team up against Jiren
He never said which Kaioken he used against Slug and Kefla but the aura was a lot bigger than regular Kaioken.

It's not a rule.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:42 pm

How strong would you guys say suppressed Beerus, Enraged Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta and Base Goku were when compared to the high end Buu saga characters?

All three of them should be far more powerful than Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks but what about Ultimate Gohan, Buutenks, Buuhan and Super Vegito?

Would all three of them be above Super Vegito considering Goku fought that suppressed Beerus and knew fusing with Vegito wouldn't be enough?

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:44 pm

Vegeta CSSB can use the Hakai in the manga as well as Goku?
Bullza wrote:Double checking through the the manga and yeah I'm not seeing anything to suggest any notable difference.

Manga - Vegeta used his 100% Super Saiyan Blue power in bursts to stomp Black.
Anime - Vegeta just used his powered up Super Saiyan Blue to stomp Black.

Manga - Goku uses his Perfected Super Saiyan Blue to match Zamasu.
Anime - Goku just exerted a lot more Super Saiyan Blue power than usual to overpower Zamasu. Still technically matched him.

Manga - Goku uses his Perfected Super Saiyan Blue and loses against Toppo but said had he not countered then he'd have lost so they were on par.
Anime - Beerus said that Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Toppo were equal. At least there Goku was winning.

Manga - Goku possibly fought an equal match up against an improved Frieza.
Anime - Goku did fight an equal match up against an improved Frieza.

Manga - Goku couldn't move Jiren as a Perfect Super Saiyan Blue. Was seemingly on the same level as Hit.
Anime - Goku could move Jiren as a Super Saiyan Blue. Significantly above Hit.

So yeah if anything Super Saiyan Blue in the anime is more impressive when you compare them. I don't know why people would think it's the equivalent of Kaioken x20. Perfected Super Saiyan is now the default Super Saiyan Blue like the anime.
During all his appearances, SSB seemed to be much more powerful in manga than in anime, especially if we talk about the full power of transformation.
Maybe Jiren in the anime is weaker than in the manga

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:12 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:Vegeta CSSB can use the Hakai in the manga as well as Goku?
No, but maybe SSJBE Vegeta can.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:35 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:Vegeta CSSB can use the Hakai in the manga as well as Goku?
No, but maybe SSJBE Vegeta can.
Why? According to Whis, CSSB Vegeta closed the power gap between him and Goku. Vegeta apparently has also seen Hakai being used twice (by Beerus and Goku).

We also do not know if Vegeta SSBE is stronger than Vegeta CSSB

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:38 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: During all his appearances, SSB seemed to be much more powerful in manga than in anime, especially if we talk about the full power of transformation.
Maybe Jiren in the anime is weaker than in the manga
Manga SSJB only seems strong because Toyotaro uses the form very sparingly, and the threats are much weaker than the anime. While the anime uses it as much as they feel like, and the enemies quickly surpassed it.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:26 pm

Helios518 wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:
Ultimate has been treated as a transformation in DBS. Gohan didn't unlock "the full power of his base," rather, it is a huge jump in power. He goes from having no bangs to having a bang in "Ultimate." This is entirely 100% consistent throughout DBS, meaning the hairstyle changes i.e. a transformation. The multiplier I kept constant because Gohan's base power level increases while training with Piccolo in preparation for Tournament Of Power.

Maybe I should go with a multiplier of Base x 1000 for Ultimate/Mystic.

100s of thousands is really high for SSGod. If we take what I have proposed, SSGod is 62.5 x stronger than SS3 and 10 x stronger than Kale's most powerful form.

Considering that the manga has 10% SSBlue is weaker than SSGod, I gave an estimate that 50% SSBlue equals SSGod. I kept that consistent to the anime, since we have nothing better.

Yeah, I might be wrong with UI and PI's multipliers (I call them that -- I love having Goku's final form feature the word 'perfect'. His instincts go from being ultra to perfection.). What do you think? Maybe 10 x stronger than SSBE/SSBKKx20?
For Ultimate: I guess you could see it like that, if you want even though it contradicts the what the original manga. We'll see in the DBS manga if Toyotaro treats it as a transformation or a powered up base.

Regarding its multiplier, it still should be closer to Blue or Rage than anything else. As seen with Goku quickly making a charged beam that overpowered Kociarator (who blocked a combined SSJB attack), him being confident that he could defeat Golden Freeza if he were to go out of line, and defeating Hyper Speed Dyspo (could punch around Hit). His base form doesn't seem to be that much stronger than Goku/Vegeta's either, hell Goku even took one of Piccolo's charged attacks in base form.

For SSJG: I only give SSJG that high of a multiplier because it's should be greater than a SSJ3 Vegetto from the same arc.

For SSJB: Reason why I said it should be much higher (and therefore the forms above it), is because if we use Kafla vs Goku then difference should be great. Here's how the list would look with your multipliers

[spoiler]SSJG Goku: 1
SSJB Goku: 10
SSJBKKx20: 200
Omen: 1,000

Base Kafla (Lowballed): 1.1
SSJBFP: 2,750
SSJB2: 5,500[/spoiler]

SSJB was seen as worthy foe by SSJ Kafla, until she kept getting more power ups but that can't be the case if she's greater than it by over 100x. Similar case with Omen here, Omen was dominating the fight, that numbers don't show it, hell even UI wouldn't defeat her using these multipliers.
A lot of really great points, thank you. I had two multipliers for Ultimate at one time: Ultimate (Untapped) = Base x 500 and Ultimate (Tapped) = Base x 45,000. Perhaps, this could alleviate the issue we have. Ultimate's 'true potential' as a form could be the tapped version. Gohan just didn't unlock it during the Buu Saga.

When I was originally creating these multipliers, I did some quick math like you have and came to the same conclusion. The reason I left it this way is because on two separate occasions during Goku's fight with Kefla we are told that he is extremely tired. So i took that to mean something like the following:

Base Goku: 1
SSG Goku (Tired): 750
Base Kefla (Fusion): 1000
SSG Goku (Not Tired): 25,000
SSB Goku: 50,000
SSB KKx20 Goku: 1,000,000
SSBFP Kefla (Fusion, Full Power Of Form): 2,500,000

SSBFP Kefla was stronger than SSB KKx20 Goku in the show, and he fell unconscious until he re-unlocked UI.

SSB2 Kefla: 5,000,000
UI Goku: 5,000,000

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:31 pm

With regards to Ultimate's boost, it depends a lot on how strong Gohan was when he gained this power.

For example, if he was still around the same strength as he was in the opening hours of the Buu Arc, and knowing that Ultimate is a state he powers up to and not something permanent, then the boost is indeed very high indeed. But if he got significantly stronger, things are a bit muddier.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:36 am

Bullza wrote:How strong would you guys say suppressed Beerus, Enraged Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta and Base Goku were when compared to the high end Buu saga characters?

All three of them should be far more powerful than Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks but what about Ultimate Gohan, Buutenks, Buuhan and Super Vegito?

Would all three of them be above Super Vegito considering Goku fought that suppressed Beerus and knew fusing with Vegito wouldn't be enough?
Your last statements pretty much some it up. All of them outside of MAYBE Rage Vegeta would demolish anything from the Buu saga. The comment yiu made at the end kind of sums it up

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:55 am

Well the best way to simplify it all down is...was Beerus on first appearance when he was at "less than 10%", stronger than Super Vegito from the Buu saga.

I would say there's a good chance. More so in the manga where he demolished Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks and what seemed to be Ultimate Gohan.

Then yeah there was Goku's comment that fusion wouldn't be enough but that would also include a hypothetical Super Saiyan 3 Vegito. Then it started to get too farfetched that Enraged Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta and Base Goku are stronger than that so I dunno.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:07 am

Bullza wrote:How strong would you guys say suppressed Beerus, Enraged Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta and Base Goku were when compared to the high end Buu saga characters?

Do you mean Beerus’ level when he fought SS3 Goku or when he fought SSG? Factoring that sometimes these guys try to gauge their opponents’ full power when they are hit, I would say Goku was probably doing that when comparing Beerus to a fusion with Vegeta. So, Beerus could not really been using that much power in their match, but potentially could beat Vegetto. Therefore, I believe Beerus powered-up a little when he fought SS2 Vegeta, but nothing so drastic.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:21 am

Hugo Boss wrote: Do you mean Beerus’ level when he fought SS3 Goku or when he fought SSG? Factoring that sometimes these guys try to gauge their opponents’ full power when they are hit, I would say Goku was probably doing that when comparing Beerus to a fusion with Vegeta. So, Beerus could not really been using that much power in their match, but potentially could beat Vegetto. Therefore, I believe Beerus powered-up a little when he fought SS2 Vegeta, but nothing so drastic.
Yeah the Beerus who fought Super Saiyan 3 Goku. He did power up slightly against Enraged Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta afterward.

If you mix and match with the movie as well, suppressed Beerus handily defeated Ultimate Gohan. That was much more one sided than with Buutenks.

Which at least makes me think it goes

Base Goku > Beerus suppressed > Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta > Beerus suppressed even more > Buutenks > Ultimate Gohan > Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks

I'd be willing to think that they were all above Buuhan as well. Dunno about Super Vegito but he was definitely surpassed with Super Saiyan God.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:57 am

If Beerus actually used 10% against Rage Vegeta then he would have had to have been the strongest at that point because based on what we have seen Beerus should have been using less than 1% of his power against SSG goku. My headcanon if we are going by this 10% number is that Beerus powered up immensely after he became irritated with Vegeta doing anything to him and he had to try hard to pull the blast enough to avoid killing Vegeta

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:32 am

Bullza wrote: I'd be willing to think that they were all above Buuhan as well. Dunno about Super Vegito but he was definitely surpassed with Super Saiyan God.
I personally have that Beerus at Gotenks-Boo’s level and Vegeta at Gohan-Boo’s level, since I usually don’t care about how the fights are designed, only about the idea that we get. But I guess it’s fine how you put it, though I’m just curious about your Base Goku placement in all this.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:41 am

I feel the 10% line might of been made before they decided to retcon SSG being 60% of Beerus.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:06 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:But I guess it’s fine how you put it, though I’m just curious about your Base Goku placement in all this.
Well we already know that Base Goku is far stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks. There was enough to imply that both he and Vegeta were stronger than his Enraged SSJ2 state as well. Goku saying that he couldn't recognise Vegeta because of how powerful he'd gotten even though he'd seen Vegeta fight Beerus, them remaining conscious after taking heavier hits than what knocked SSJ2 Vegeta out and then Goku's fight with Monaka-Beerus.

But I suppose they don't they have to above the Beerus that beat SSJ2 Vegeta. They could just as easily fall in between, especially if Beerus didn't power up any further from that point and through the remainder of his fight with Goku.
dragon boss z wrote:I feel the 10% line might of been made before they decided to retcon SSG being 60% of Beerus.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was written with the 70% comment in mind from the movie which doesn't really fit now.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:57 pm

A nice compromise of keeping the line in whilst reconciling it with the new information would be to say that Beerus was only using 10% of the full power that he was using..... in his overall suppressed state during the whole arc.

I mean, unless I'm remembering wrong, Beerus never said it was 10% of his FULL power, right?

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:09 pm

Bullza wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:But I guess it’s fine how you put it, though I’m just curious about your Base Goku placement in all this.
Well we already know that Base Goku is far stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks. There was enough to imply that both he and Vegeta were stronger than his Enraged SSJ2 state as well. Goku saying that he couldn't recognise Vegeta because of how powerful he'd gotten even though he'd seen Vegeta fight Beerus, them remaining conscious after taking heavier hits than what knocked SSJ2 Vegeta out and then Goku's fight with Monaka-Beerus.
I take that as to mean Vegeta is stronger overall, not that he was stronger than some specific form he used before. And I don’t take seriously the other instances of Goku fighting Beerus, because Beerus was handicapped to an extent we don’t know.
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: I mean, unless I'm remembering wrong, Beerus never said it was 10% of his FULL power, right?
According to the fact thread, he said “10% or so of his full strength” or literally “10% or so all-out”.