Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:28 pm

It looks like Base Gohan will get worked over by Frieza, then go Ultimate and turn the tables. If Frieza's serious about this it'll probably bring out Golden Frieza.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:23 pm

People also forget, Tupper caught Goku off guard and was weighing him down.
Then Zoilray was attacking Goku at the same time. #18 was able to lift Tupper because he didn't use his weight increasing technique against her.

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:30 pm

Miracles wrote:People also forget, Tupper caught Goku off guard and was weighing him down.
Then Zoilray was attacking Goku at the same time. #18 was able to lift Tupper because he didn't use his weight increasing technique against her.
Even assuming Tupper didn't raise his weight as much as he did against Goku, there'd hardly be anything definite regardless. Tupper is still hurt by #18's blasts and is strong enough to block Goku. Realistically, we might as well theorize that Goku is stronger, but they should all be in the same ballpark at the very least -- lest anyone think #18 from the Android Arc could restrain Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks.
Last edited by LowRyder2005 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

avasatu
Beyond Newbie

Post by avasatu » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:39 pm

Jiren knocked someone off who was restraining the likes of Dyspo with the mere secondary force from his casual punch.

Hype.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:46 pm

avasatu wrote:Jiren knocked someone off who was restraining the likes of Dyspo with the mere secondary force from his casual punch.

Hype.
The hype is totally real now. Considering that one scene really FELT powerful, the way they animated and portrayed that powerful blow by Jiren was absolutely mindblowing and downright phenomenal to say the least. I'm now infinitely more excited about Jiren's attack on the others as before, just for this one scene alone. I can't wait for his "unthinkably colossal ki."

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:46 pm

So are we going to ignore that Ribrianne is fighting on par with both 17 and base freaking Goku?

:?

avasatu
Beyond Newbie

Post by avasatu » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:50 pm

ZombieVito wrote:So are we going to ignore that Ribrianne is fighting on par with both 17 and base freaking Goku?

We're going to wait and see what the episode looks like before we complain, as I'd hope we've all learned to do by now. :D

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:52 pm

ZombieVito wrote:So are we going to ignore that Ribrianne is fighting on par with both 17 and base freaking Goku?

She is probably not fighting seriously against Goku yet. After all this fight is going to continue into the next couple of episodes.

She didn't use her full power against Super Saiyan Vegeta from the looks of it either.

I'm sure he'll transform at some point.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:14 am

Bullza wrote:She is probably not fighting seriously against Goku yet. After all this fight is going to continue into the next couple of episodes.

She didn't use her full power against Super Saiyan Vegeta from the looks of it either.

I'm sure he'll transform at some point.
It's possible Brianne might be hiding another transformation too. Magical girls gotta have a super mode. :P

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:28 am

Jiren is the one punch man

TAF108
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TAF108 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:07 am

I'm kinda disappointed, we were border-line denied a view of Frost's gains. It seems like he's still weaker than Vegeta, so Hit must've been humoring him before.

Roshi's stamina was pretty good all things considered, with the Mafuba and all. I was worried he'd actually give Frost trouble, but good to know he was clearly just toying with him.
TAF108 ⚡★ ~ƬΉΣ ӨПΣ ЩΉӨ ЩIᄂᄂ ΣПDЦЯΣ~ ★⚡

My Youtube Channel (DB and More.): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6syUt ... w0McNTlwSA

GT >>>>> Super . Take that how you will.

Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku = One of the best scores in DB.

GT fanboy extraordinaire.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:13 am

TAF108 wrote: I'm kinda disappointed, we were border-line denied a view of Frost's gains. It seems like he's still weaker than Vegeta, so Hit must've been humoring him before.

Roshi's stamina was pretty good all things considered, with the Mafuba and all. I was worried he'd actually give Frost trouble, but good to know he was clearly just toying with him.
Frost held his own against Super Saiyan Vegeta. That's a big increase considering Vegeta has also increased his power since the last tournament a big deal.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:08 am

She didn't seem to be as serious against Goku as she was against 17 or vegeta.

And in NEP, it seems like Goku is about to go Super Saiyan.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:37 am

ZombieVito wrote:Frost held his own against Super Saiyan Vegeta. That's a big increase considering Vegeta has also increased his power since the last tournament a big deal.
Very briefly though. Even with Magetta fighting at the same time they didn't really have the upper hand.

He was one punched last time he fought Super Saiyan Vegeta but then he was supposed to be significantly drained by that point.

Animelover5487
Beyond Newbie

Post by Animelover5487 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:52 am

I'd say the power scaling was pretty consistent this episode:

- Considering Maji Kayo's performance against Goku. Dyspo having trouble with him is pretty understandable.

- Roshi is fodder compared to Frost but this is nothing new, although the episode does make it a point that Roshi's lack of stamina was the key factor to his lackluster performance.

- Magetta is equal to SS Vegeta in combat but Magetta tanks all of his blasts though this has more to do with Magetta's natural ability than him having a higher battle power than Super Saiyan

- Frost is still weaker than SS Vegeta but is able to put up a considerably better fight than before even without using Magetta to corner him

- As for the NEP. Ultimate Gohan better push Freeza to golden, judging by the preview it looks like FF Freeza is at least able to fight him though which doesn't really make sense considering U. Gohan is at least as SSG tier and Freeza previously was only on par with Base Goku.

- Regarding Ribranne, unless Goku goes Super Saiyan next or the following episode I don't know where to put her.

17 was holding back. He didn't take the fight seriously, he was just humoring her. That said, it is still weird for Base Goku to be handelling her, perhaps Goku will go Super Saiyan later in the episode or in the following episode.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:05 am

Animelover5487 wrote:- As for the NEP. Ultimate Gohan better push Freeza to golden
Nah, Freeza is not turning True Golden against Gohan, I can guarantee that :lol:

That form is reserved for a much bigger moment, long after the "Freeza's betrayal" plot ends and he returns back to U7.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:52 am

Nothing thus far in terms of serious power-scaling problems for the latest episode.

Maji Kayo's weird body is what overtook Dyspo, as specifically said in the episode. No power levels needed there. And Jiren doesn't even need to TOUCH people to send them flying, he just needs the force of his punch moving to blow them away.

Roshi was significantly weaker AND weakened against Frost, even in his Buff Form, and the Mafuba gives no sh*ts about power levels. Vegeta was also on-point, sucker punching Frost and handling both him and Magetta as a Super Saiyan.

It's the NEP that has everybody on edge. As usual. The implication seems to be that Gohan is gonna have to take on Frost AND Freeza. Let's not jump the gun on "Ultimate Gohan is needed to take on base Freeza, RETCON!" just yet, folks. Next episode previews are supposed to be misleading and coy with the details. We also know that when Gohan feels he needs to up the ante significantly nowadays, he goes Ultimate instead of Super Saiyan like Goku and Vegeta tend to do.

Plenty could happen, and we see a lot of base Gohan action as well. It could just as easily be that Gohan feels that, because there's two Freeza-clan members of great power, he can't take them both on without powering up. Maybe one-on-one, but they're clearly not gonna give him that opportunity.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:38 am

Actually I think Ultimate Gohan is way below SSjG level (and therefore Saiyan Beyond God). There is no way in hell he'd jump from his previous Ultimate level to SSjG level just in several hours of training with Piccolo.

That is unless Freeza was also retconned along with SbG Goku, to keep them equal. In that case Ultimate Gohan steamrolls.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:45 am

Saturnine wrote:Actually I think Ultimate Gohan is way below SSjG level (and therefore Saiyan Beyond God). There is no way in hell he'd jump from his previous Ultimate level to SSjG level just in several hours of training with Piccolo.

That is unless Freeza was also retconned along with SbG Goku, to keep them equal. In that case Ultimate Gohan steamrolls.
Frieza looks very comfortable to me in the preview and Gohan is probably going to end up struggling big time.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:10 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Saturnine wrote:Actually I think Ultimate Gohan is way below SSjG level (and therefore Saiyan Beyond God). There is no way in hell he'd jump from his previous Ultimate level to SSjG level just in several hours of training with Piccolo.

Frieza looks very comfortable to me in the preview and Gohan is probably going to end up struggling big time.
I would have no problem with that. What I would have problems with though is showing that mere base Goku can still go toe to toe with Freeza, while needing SSj Blue (at some percentage of power of course) to overpower Ultimate Gohan. So making Ultimate Gohan lose to Freeza in light of this feels like a weird A>B>C situation.