Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:54 pm

Kaiosama wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Btw, no statements that matter in today’s episode?
Goku surpassed Jiren before his form ran out. Goku is officially the most powerful fighter in all the universes.
He barely did.

So there were no statements that matter?

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:06 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:
Goku surpassed Jiren before his form ran out. Goku is officially the most powerful fighter in all the universes.
He barely did.

When Jiren powered up in ep 127, that was his full power. Basically, it means ep 127-129 FP Jiren>Super Blue Vegeta>Belmod>/=Beerus>/=GoD Toppo.

Hidden power unlocked Jiren and MUI Goku are on a completely different level.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:08 pm

buutenks wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Kaiosama wrote: Goku surpassed Jiren before his form ran out. Goku is officially the most powerful fighter in all the universes.
He barely did.

When Jiren powered up in ep 127, that was his full power. Basically, it means ep 127-129 FP Jiren>Super Blue Vegeta>Belmod>/=Beerus>/=GoD Toppo.

Vegeta is absolutely not stronger than Belmond and Beerus.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:09 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:
He barely did.

Beerus said nothing about Goku potentially surpassing him, so that's still up in the air. Goku was only able to hold that form for 30 seconds, but during that time, he was slightly ahead of Jiren.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:11 pm

Kaiosama wrote:
buutenks wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
He barely did.

Vegeta is absolutely not stronger than Belmond and Beerus.
Where is your evidence? I got anime statements backing up my claims. All you got is but muh Beerus.

Give it a rest with the Beerus wanking.
Last edited by buutenks on Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:12 pm

So I guess is up to the manga to tell us where jiren and MUI goku stand, since toei is fucking lazy as hell to just have someone state it.

Btw, ssb evo Vegeta isn’t anywhere near Beerus or belmod to who ever said that.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:14 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:So I guess is up to the manga to tell us where jiren and MUI goku stand, since toei is fucking lazy as hell to just have someone state it.

I said, and manga doesnt equal anime. They both do their own thing.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:15 pm

Yeah Beerus said nothing of the sort, so if he doesn't say anything in the next one...

It was fairly straightforward really. What might be worth noting is that at the start of the episode the Supreme Kai referred to Jiren already using his full power. When he then powered up further Vegeta mentioned that he'd remembered some trauma and Gohan mentioned it awakened his hidden power.

So he may have been using his full power the whole time since...was it before Goku activated Omen for the third time?

Then Goku seemed to power up more, they mainly noted his speed and he won.

The spoilers mentioned Goku's strength coming up short leading us to think that Jiren was simply stronger but no apparently not.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:17 pm

Bullza wrote:Yeah Beerus said nothing of the sort, so if he doesn't say anything in the next one...

It was fairly straightforward really. What might be worth noting is that at the start of the episode the Supreme Kai referred to Jiren already using his full power. When he then powered up further Vegeta mentioned that he'd remembered some trauma and Gohan mentioned it awakened his hidden power.

So he may have been using his full power the whole time since...was it before Goku activated Omen for the third time?

The spoilers mentioned Goku's strength coming up short leading us to think that Jiren was simply stronger but no apparently not.
If jiren was already at full power, and he powered up massively more, the both goku and jiren can nearly one shot the majority of the gods of destruction... that’s scary

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:19 pm

Bullza wrote:Yeah Beerus said nothing of the sort, so if he doesn't say anything in the next one...

That simply means that non buffed FP Jiren is above Belmod. As stated in the anime. Belmod in the anime is stronger than Beerus, as stated and then Belmod also refers to GoD Toppo as no different from a GoD.

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:20 pm

Vegeta already beat someone on the level of the Gods and UI Goku and even a suppressed Jiren are shown to be above that, so there isn't anything that needs to be stated. This should be common sense at this point.

If anyone still thinks that Beerus is a relevant power at this point, then there's something wrong with their ability to comprehend simple literature. There isn't really any other way to say it, just being honest.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:23 pm

buutenks wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:So I guess is up to the manga to tell us where jiren and MUI goku stand, since toei is fucking lazy as hell to just have someone state it.

Why do you think Vegeta is stronger than Beerus and Belmond then? Because SSB Evolution arguably loses out to 2nd phase UI Omen and was definitely surpassed by 3rd phase UI Omen and FP Jiren. There's nothing anywhere stating he's near fully trained and experienced Hakaishin like Beerus and Belmond.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:24 pm

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:Vegeta already beat someone on the level of the Gods and UI Goku and Jiren are shown to be above that, so there isn't anything that needs to be stated. This should be common sense at this point.

If anyone still thinks that Beerus is a relevant power at this point, then there's something wrong with their ability to comprehend simple literature. There isn't really any other way to say it, just being honest.
Agreed, I waited till the ToP was at an end to comment about where the chars stand. And Beerus doesnt need to say anything. He has been surpassed by Vegeta, Goku n Jiren.

But ofc, people love wanking Beerus.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:26 pm

Well Beerus beat several characters at the level of Gods.

If you were to say God of Destruction Toppo is on the level of the average God of Destruction (and I see no reason why you shouldn't) and you mix and match the anime with the manga then Beerus is above Super Saiyan Royal Blue Vegeta at the very least.

Beerus is certainly relevant. He might not be as strong as Goku or Jiren but he's stronger than everyone else who isn't an angel. He could easily be at the level of Ultra Instinct Omen Goku, not at its best but within its level definitely.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:27 pm

Kaiosama wrote:
buutenks wrote:

Why do you think Vegeta is stronger than Beerus and Belmond then? Because SSB Evolution arguably loses out to 2nd phase UI Omen and was definitely surpassed by 3rd phase UI Omen and FP Jiren. There's nothing anywhere stating he's near fully trained and experienced Hakaishin like Beerus and Belmond.
Belmod himself states that GoD Toppo is no different from any other GoD. So there is my evidence. Where is yours stated in the anime evidence? Cos i dont care about your personal opinion.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:28 pm

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:Vegeta already beat someone on the level of the Gods and UI Goku and even a suppressed Jiren are shown to be above that, so there isn't anything that needs to be stated. This should be common sense at this point.

This is headcanon. Toppo is not at the same level of Beerus and Belmond. Beerus even said he had to charge up his Hakai energy, which an experienced and tenured Hakaishin never has to do. Vegeta might be able to close the gap by improving his Evolution form, but as of right now, he can't be stronger than Beerus and Belmond if it's still being debated if MUI Goku is stronger than Beerus. Remember MUI only lasted 30 seconds. This is a major weakness for this form.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:31 pm

Bullza wrote:Well Beerus beat several characters at the level of Gods.

If you were to say God of Destruction Toppo is on the level of the average God of Destruction (and I see no reason why you shouldn't) and you mix and match the anime with the manga then Beerus is above Super Saiyan Royal Blue Vegeta at the very least.

Beerus is certainly relevant. He might not be as strong as Goku or Jiren but he's stronger than everyone else who isn't an angel. He could easily be at the level of Ultra Instinct Omen Goku, not at its best but within its level definitely.
Dont mix the manga with the anime, both have different scaling.

ssj3kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj3kakarot » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:31 pm

People saying that MUI Goku is only slightly ahead of Jiren need to watch the episode again. Along with that, read what Beerus says " He won, That much is undeniable!"

The fact that Jiren admitted to his own loss signifies his own yielding to the much higher power level, aka, Goku.
" I swear on that faith I can never back down now" - Goku

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:31 pm

buutenks wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:
buutenks wrote:
Belmod himself states that GoD Toppo is no different from any other GoD. So there is my evidence. Where is yours stated in the anime evidence? Cos i dont care about your personal opinion.
And Beerus said that Toppo didn't have full control over his Hakai energy because he had to keep charging it up. And Vegeta was shown fighting along side SSBKKX20 Goku and not UI Omen. The anime did no favors for Vegeta's form. If anything, they made it look weaker than it probably was meant to be by having him fight along side SSBKKX20 Goku and never seriously pushing Jiren, unlike UI.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:32 pm

Bullza wrote:Well Beerus beat several characters at the level of Gods.

Beerus really didn’t beat several gods at all. Dodging does not equal beating as far as reality is concerned