Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:40 pm

Legion wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:So apperantly, jirens full power is strong enought that throwing a punch blows away UI omen goku, according to spoilers.
I read Herms spoilers and this it's not mentioned anywhere. :eh:
Yes it’s is. It’s in the “jiren this week” section

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:42 pm

Or if you want to see it visually, it’s probably the part in the episode preview where jiren blocks a Kamehameha and blows away UI omen Goku with a punch.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:13 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Or if you want to see it visually, it’s probably the part in the episode preview where jiren blocks a Kamehameha and blows away UI omen Goku with a punch.
Probably one of his "actual" punches, and not those pussy-ass physical ones :P

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:17 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Or if you want to see it visually, it’s probably the part in the episode preview where jiren blocks a Kamehameha and blows away UI omen Goku with a punch.
watch khai or belmod come out of nowhere and say “that’s just his normal punch” :lol:

brett wheeler
Beyond Newbie

Post by brett wheeler » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:51 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
watch khai or belmod come out of nowhere and say “that’s just his normal punch” :lol:
it's his bored punch, he wouldn't punch a pathetic saiyan with his full power lol. Is it sad that i'm joking but wouldn't be surprised at this point if this came true.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:13 pm

Yeah, that's ridiculous how some guys think Beerus is inferior due to some arm wrestling match.
Especially when the anime/manga shows Beerus making that clear that it was ONLY in arm wrestling, not an actual match.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:57 pm

Miracles wrote:Yeah, that's ridiculous how some guys think Beerus is inferior due to some arm wrestling match.
Especially when the anime/manga shows Beerus making that clear that it was ONLY in arm wrestling, not an actual match.
The statement exists for a reason.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:59 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 6635300869

So. I guess we can accept as a fact that MUI goku and jiren are indeed above G.o.D level

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:06 am

Also, jiren is stated to be the the mightiest in DB history in that poster.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:35 am

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
Miracles wrote:Yeah, that's ridiculous how some guys think Beerus is inferior due to some arm wrestling match.
And Beerus's contradiction does not?

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:40 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 6635300869

So. I guess we can accept as a fact that MUI goku and jiren are indeed above G.o.D level
Besides MUI goku and Jiren being >> G.o.Ds, it also states that android 17 is there... very very very interesting

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:52 am

Something that has been bugging me about Jiren is that somehow he seemed stronger back in the special, so bear with me here, could it be possible that he powered down after eliminating Hit?

So, he powers up big time(surprising Beerus) to crash Son Goku, and he does, when UI omen appears he fights him to a stalemate that was slowly giving Son Goku the lead, after that Jiren fights Hit and wins(when he decided to eliminate Hit it was done in a second), and goes to rest and meditate and perhaps powers down his ki as he stated there were no more threats therefore no need to stay that powerful. He got that powerful to deal with the most powerful threat alongside Hit the U-6 assasin.
Then only the two universes are left and he fights individually Son Goku and then Vegeta(who claims, probably boasting, that Jiren was stronger back in the special) Vegeta lands a couple of hits, something UI Goku did only once, but he deals with them and after Son Goku does that Kien zan thing, Jiren decides to power up a bit. He scares everybody but still doesn't stomp like he did in the special although he is now fighting them at the same time, and receives now and then some kick or punch that he blocks but gets him thrown away or slows him down at least. When Toppo is eliminated, he powers up one more time(the one with the many auras) and destroyes the blues, 17 and Freeza, but when UI comes again he is overpowered.

jiren- 8 vs son UI goku and Hit
jiren 5 vs vegeta, goku
jiren 6 vs goku and Vegeta beyond blue
jiren 7(bunch of auras) vs everyone, vs UI

So what do you guys think? could this be possible? Jiren hasn't reached yet the power he showed in the special? is Jiren from last episode stronger or weaker than the one from the special?

i know the writers probably fucked it up but i'm trying to make to sense to it, i don't know

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:24 am

Looks like my boy 17 is coming in clutch yet again.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:46 am

Miracles wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
And Beerus's contradiction does not?
Beerus also isn't very truthful.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:19 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Also, jiren is stated to be the the mightiest in DB history in that poster.
“Mightiest foe”. Pretty much a hint that Jiren is stronger than Beerus as well. Let’s wait until the episode confirms it.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:08 am

Hugo Boss wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Also, jiren is stated to be the the mightiest in DB history in that poster.
“Mightiest foe”. Pretty much a hint that Jiren is stronger than Beerus as well. Let’s wait until the episode confirms it.
Don’t worry, never stated anything. Only that MUI goku is indeed states to be above hakaishin tier. And jiren is most likely as well if he is to fight MUI goku kind of competitive

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:47 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote: The Angels aren't impressed by his power? Vados said he was beyond comprehension.
Do you really believe that Jiren's power is beyond her comprehension?
It's just a plot hole. Jiren is a little stronger than the hakaishins.
If his power were beyond Vado's comprehension, he should be at least stronger than her...Maybe in Daishinkan's level...It makes no sense! It's crazy...An angel is much stronger than the hakaishins.
Vados Sama!

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:09 am

So, a trailer has dropped for the next DLC pack for Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2.

Fu has arrived, and he seems to be able to give Goku and Vegeta some trouble, at least in their Resurrection of F base forms.

How strong do you guys think he'll be?

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:15 am

Does it really matter? It's just a game trailer, is like arguing if Broly would be able toe-to-toe with Gogeta because Budokai 3/Tenkaichi 3 trailers imply so.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:18 am

jeffbr92 wrote:Does it really matter? It's just a game trailer, is like arguing if Broly would be able toe-to-toe with Gogeta because Budokai 3/Tenkaichi 3 trailers imply so.
See, that's the thing.

It was a trailer, yes, but some of those sequences are gonna be cutscenes for the story content. And with story content, we actually need to analyze that stuff.