Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:53 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:So, a trailer has dropped for the next DLC pack for Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2.

Fu has arrived, and he seems to be able to give Goku and Vegeta some trouble, at least in their Resurrection of F base forms.

How strong do you guys think he'll be?
Its still hard to say. Not enough is shown to know. But he could be strong enought to force goku into UI

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:09 pm

About how strong is Jiren. I don't know why I see a lot of people denying that he is stronger than Beerus, I mean come on. Don't overrate Beerus, the anime stated firmly that Jiren is the one who surpassed the Gods of Destruction. And that's what we have to go with, not to mention that Jiren, at the time the statement was said, was still hiding a lot of his power.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:12 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:About how strong is Jiren. I don't know why I see a lot of people denying that he is stronger than Beerus, I mean come on. Don't overrate Beerus, the anime stated firmly that Jiren is the one who surpassed the Gods of Destruction. And that's what we have to go with, not to mention that Jiren, at the time the statement was said, was still hiding a lot of his power.
That was before yesterday tho. Now we have confirmation of MUI goku above hakaishin tier and jiren being “the mighties foe In dB history”. So it’s likely that people have changed their view

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:51 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Now we have confirmation of MUI goku above hakaishin tier and jiren being “the mighties foe In dB history”. So it’s likely that people have changed their view
We do?

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:57 pm

Bullza wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Now we have confirmation of MUI goku above hakaishin tier and jiren being “the mighties foe In dB history”. So it’s likely that people have changed their view
We do?
We don't, that's just his interpretation. I'm more curious to see how the anime handles it if they ever do. I'm sure the manga will at some point as the story is a bit more fleshed out in that form of media.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:32 pm

Miracles wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
Miracles wrote:Yeah, that's ridiculous how some guys think Beerus is inferior due to some arm wrestling match.
Especially when the anime/manga shows Beerus making that clear that it was ONLY in arm wrestling, not an actual match.
The statement exists for a reason.
And Beerus's contradiction does not?
That was just Beerus being in character. He wouldn't want to acknowledge the fact that another GoD is stronger than him.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:50 pm

Bullza wrote:
We do?
Yes, yesterday a promo with MUI goku was released with whis saying “that is a power above God of destruction” and jiren was mentioned to be “the mightiest opponent in DB history”

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:51 pm

Bullza wrote:
We do?
Here’s the link

https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 6635300869

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:58 pm

"...mightiest foe in DB history..." and that means that Goku is stronger than all Gods of Destruction?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:01 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
"...mightiest foe in DB history..." and that means that Goku is stronger than all Gods of Destruction?
You didn’t read much
“That is a power that surpasses even a god of destruction”
Below that
“That is a realm even a god cannot reach”

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:05 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:“That is a power that surpasses even a god of destruction”
Below that
Oh that's better then, It's nice that Goku will end Super being almost Angel level.

by Doctor.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:07 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:“That is a power that surpasses even a god of destruction”
Below that
Oh that's better then, It's nice that Goku will end Super being almost Angel level.
The gap between angel and hakaishin seems pretty big. Where do you think he will rank between hakaishin and angel? Higher near angels, or lower slightly superior to the hakaishins?

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:10 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:The gap between angel and hakaishin seems pretty big. Where do you think he will rank between hakaishin and angel? Higher near angels, or lower slightly superior to the hakaishins?
Seeing how Whis can one shot Beerus so easily and Goku managed to reach a level none of the Hakaishin could reach I would say he would put a good fight against Whis, but still lose anyway.

by Doctor.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:12 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:The gap between angel and hakaishin seems pretty big. Where do you think he will rank between hakaishin and angel? Higher near angels, or lower slightly superior to the hakaishins?
Seeing how Whis can one shot Beerus so easily and Goku managed to reach a level none of the Hakaishin could reach I would say he would put a good fight against Whis, but still lose anyway.
Depending on how well jiren does against MUI goku, we can also estimate how strong jiren truly is

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:20 am

HeroR wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote: The statement exists for a reason.
Beerus also isn't very truthful.
On that point about arm wrestling he is. Unlike his dimension altering statement where it was clearly seen he wasn't sure.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:21 am

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote: The statement exists for a reason.
That was just Beerus being in character. He wouldn't want to acknowledge the fact that another GoD is stronger than him.
No one else contradicted Beerus statement and nothing else proved him wrong either.

SayianBeyondGod
Beyond Newbie

Post by SayianBeyondGod » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:21 am

I don't know if people realize hakiashins vary in power from being slightly threaten by SSB tiers to having SSBKK tiers being fodder to them. So surpassing a God of Destruction is still vague with "a" being the keyword. I mean even the official Toei site acknowledges Jiren being in the domain of the God of Destruction in terms of power yet said to surpass a God of Destruction which is Belmod, which is not so contradictive.

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:24 am

And here we go again with overestimating Beerus.

SayianBeyondGod
Beyond Newbie

Post by SayianBeyondGod » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:24 am

wolflonnie wrote:And here we go again with overestimating Beerus.
I can't tell if this was indirectly a response to me. I never even need to scale Beerus power to make my point, as I was discussing the context of a statement. I want to also point out Vegeta was said to surpass a God of Destruction too, not just Goku or Jiren. With statements being similar, I guess logic should as well.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:03 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
"Reach a level none of the Hakaishin could" it's mean mastering ultra instinct, not that Goku can put a good fight against Whis or that is almost Angel level, which he's not.

Also, is not confirmed at all that Goku is above Hakaishin tier, this is too much, unless you guys believe that Goku can one shot all of them .-.