Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

brett wheeler
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by brett wheeler » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:22 pm

so new tier list with some of the GoDs, jiren,toppo,ussb vegeta,UI omen,and MUI.

1.jiren/MUI goku (untill the episode I cant say how much stronger goku will be or if just the same so I put them on the same general lvl)
2.beerus/belmod/quetella/UI goku( 128 )
3.other GoDs/toppo/ussb vegeta ( fp )/jiren ( hint of true power )
4.ussb vegeta ( initial )/UI goku ( 116 )/kefla ssj2 ( blood bioling rage )
5.kefla ssj2 ( FP )/UI goku ( 110 )/jiren ( initial suppressed )
6.ssbkk*20 goku/kefla ssj2 ( initial )/hit ( time cage )

thats all I'm diong cause any thing else would be to long and I dont have all night to do this lol.

brett wheeler
Beyond Newbie

Post by brett wheeler » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:24 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:I believe Goku and Jiren will scratch the surface of Angel level. The fact that Goku will master Ultra Instinct, which is something even Beerus didn’t yet while Whis did is a given.
thats a high probability, but even if they scratch the surface it doesnt mean they can beat them at all I say even if they teamed up against one they wouldn't win, but they would give it a good fight

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:55 pm

Don't think Goku and Jiren are anywhere near Angel level. To believe that would be laughable and jumping the shark by quite a bit.

The way I have it is like this:

Zeno
Grand Priest
Angels
High Level GoD's (Beerus, etc.)
Goku Mastered UI
Jiren
Mid Card GoD's (Belmod, etc.)
Royal Blue Vegeta
Toppo
Low Level GoD's (Sidra, etc.)

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:01 pm

I agree with that ^
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:12 pm

Honestly, I can not classify the GoDs in '' low tier GoD '' or '' high tier GoD '', we simply do not know the difference of powers between each Hakaishin.

Much of this is speculation.
In the manga, all Hakaishins seemed to be at very similar levels

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:25 am

Do you guys think God Toppo and "beyond Blue" Vegeta [friendship power up] is above both UI and Kelfa SSJ2 in episode 116?

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:33 am

Miracles wrote:Do you guys think God Toppo and "beyond Blue" Vegeta [friendship power up] is above both UI and Kelfa SSJ2 in episode 116?
I believe they are above Kefla, but probably not UI Goku. They couldn't touch UI Goku, though Goku might not have enough raw power to put them down either.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:15 am

Did Cabba was ever confirmed to be stronger than the previous tournament?

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:12 am

Seems 7 out of the pride troopers are below ssj level, proly even below base saiyans.

I am curious how strong Dyspo will wind up being.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:42 am

Black Hawk wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Well, what does that say of jiren, if he is on par with Mastered UI goku? We know goku is still inferior with the omen version.
I haven't put a lot of thought into the anime's power scaling, but, if I had to try to scale the top fighters of the tournament (and Vegetto), I'd say...

Ultra Instinct Omen Gokū - approximately equal to Beerus
SSJ Blue Vegetto - approximately equal to Beerus
Ultra Instinct Gokū - approximately equal to Whis
Jiren - approximately equal to Whis
Jiren is not hyped to be Angel level, but only above an Hakaishin. The Angels are not even impressed by his power....

MUI Goku will not be Angel level or it's mean that suppressed Goku can one shot Jiren.

I think that many people here forgot how much the Angels are strong. :roll:

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:32 am

Legion wrote:
Black Hawk wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Well, what does that say of jiren, if he is on par with Mastered UI goku? We know goku is still inferior with the omen version.
I haven't put a lot of thought into the anime's power scaling, but, if I had to try to scale the top fighters of the tournament (and Vegetto), I'd say...

Ultra Instinct Omen Gokū - approximately equal to Beerus
SSJ Blue Vegetto - approximately equal to Beerus
Ultra Instinct Gokū - approximately equal to Whis
Jiren - approximately equal to Whis
Jiren is not hyped to be Angel level, but only above an Hakaishin. The Angels are not even impressed by his power....

MUI Goku will not be Angel level or it's mean that suppressed Goku can one shot Jiren.

The Angels aren't impressed by his power? Vados said he was beyond comprehension.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:57 am

brett wheeler wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:I believe Goku and Jiren will scratch the surface of Angel level. The fact that Goku will master Ultra Instinct, which is something even Beerus didn’t yet while Whis did is a given.
thats a high probability, but even if they scratch the surface it doesnt mean they can beat them at all I say even if they teamed up against one they wouldn't win, but they would give it a good fight
Well, just speculating, but "scratching the surface" means they still have a long way to go.
TheSaiyanGod wrote:Honestly, I can not classify the GoDs in '' low tier GoD '' or '' high tier GoD '', we simply do not know the difference of powers between each Hakaishin.
Power-wise, I don't see either. Perhaps they have different levels of skill.
Legion wrote:Jiren is not hyped to be Angel level, but only above an Hakaishin. The Angels are not even impressed by his power....

The only thing we already know about the Angels' strength is that it is above Gods of Destruction's as well. I don't understand what is so baffling about the comparison.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:29 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:Honestly, I can not classify the GoDs in '' low tier GoD '' or '' high tier GoD '', we simply do not know the difference of powers between each Hakaishin.

Yes, 120% agree. I do not know why people divide the G.o.Ds in lower and high tiers when they know shit about how they compare. As we saw in the manga, they all can damage each other, meaning that their strength is relative to each other. There should only be G.o.D tier, that’s it. No high, no low. Jiren with every episode is more likely to be above them, and with goku mastering something no god has, he should be as well.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:38 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:

Yes, 120% agree. I do not know why people divide the G.o.Ds in lower and high tiers when they know shit about how they compare. As we saw in the manga, they all can damage each other, meaning that their strength is relative to each other. There should only be G.o.D tier, that’s it. No high, no low. Jiren with every episode is more likely to be above them, and with goku mastering something no god has, he should be as well.
Since anime ends in 3 eps, i doubt we will get a comparison on MUI and Jiren, so i guess it will be up to the manga to tell us where they will stand power wise.

Tho i agree that all GoDs are in same power range,the gap between them is very small.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:53 pm

buutenks wrote:Seems 7 out of the pride troopers are below ssj level, proly even below base saiyans.

I am curious how strong Dyspo will wind up being.
Only 6 Pride Troopers fought Goku. The female pride trooper (Cocotte) didn't fight him.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:45 pm

buutenks wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:

Since anime ends in 3 eps, i doubt we will get a comparison on MUI and Jiren, so i guess it will be up to the manga to tell us where they will stand power wise.

Tho i agree that all GoDs are in same power range,the gap between them is very small.
It took whis like 20 seconds of his time to state jiren is perhaps above the level of G.o.D. In 110.
So another 20 seconds of dialog to state where their full power stands shouldn’t kill toei. But it’s toei , so oh well.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:58 pm

Jiren was only stated to be stronger than one god.
Last edited by Miracles on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:13 pm

MajinVegetaPD wrote:Don't think Goku and Jiren are anywhere near Angel level. To believe that would be laughable and jumping the shark by quite a bit.

Zeno
Grand Priest
Angels
Goku Mastered UI
Jiren
Royal Blue Vegeta
Toppo
Please stop. There’s literally no reason at all to put Beerus above Jiren or MUI Goku. As both characters are confirmed to be above Beerus. Jiren because of statements (Jiren>Belmod>Beerus) and Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku simply because he mastered UI while Beerus hasn’t. Therefore MUI Goku can defeat Beerus by default.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:52 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
MajinVegetaPD wrote:Don't think Goku and Jiren are anywhere near Angel level. To believe that would be laughable and jumping the shark by quite a bit.

Zeno
Grand Priest
Angels
Goku Mastered UI
Jiren
Royal Blue Vegeta
Toppo
Please stop. There’s literally no reason at all to put Beerus above Jiren or MUI Goku. As both characters are confirmed to be above Beerus. Jiren because of statements (Jiren>Belmod>Beerus) and Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku simply because he mastered UI while Beerus hasn’t. Therefore MUI Goku can defeat Beerus by default.

While that is obvious to the core (jiren/MUI > Gods of destruction), I think some people just need statements that directly compares the characters to believe it, despite other statements and showings giving us the answer already.

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:39 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:

Zeno
Grand Priest
Angels
Goku Mastered UI
Jiren
Royal Blue Vegeta
Toppo
Confirmed?

Wonderful that you are basing your theory on an arm wrestling match.

Thank you for clearing everything up for all of us. I can now stop watching DB Super and any series moving forward as Goku can now only be bested by the Grand Priest and Zeno.