Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Re: Official Unofficial "Dragon Ball Super" Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by LowRyder2005 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:40 pm

In B4 SSG-tier Krillin.
Honestly, I think we are not supposed to hang on every single word... or punch. Unless Gohan expressly said he was fighting with his full power, it's much more feasible and straightforward to believe that he merely powered down to Krillin's level, regardless of the apparent effort.

(Still, we are talking about Toei; the same people who have had Trunks turn Super Saiyan to fend off Tien, of all people).

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:41 pm

Krillin power level being in the millions isn't that hard to believe is it? I doubt basil could be weaker than SSJ Goku on namek no matter what you tried to say, so even if Basil is only using 1 percent of his power when his is clashing with Krillin he would still have to have at least 1,000,000+. a hint for basil's power cap could be less than Piccolo since he was mentioned before Krillin and they didn't feel the need to do the imagine training, so Basil should be weaker than base Gohan as well.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:57 pm

Bullza wrote:Yeah I have no idea what to make of Krillin's power.

That imagination battle seemed as though it was a representation of what would actually happen and Krillin wasn't utterly stomped by someone we said was possibly Perfect Cell level.

Then in the preview he looks like he fights Gohan and Gohan sorta grimaced at one of his punches? He fights Goku too.

Was Basil much weaker than we thought? Krillin much stronger? Both?

Usually I've only ever seen people have Krillin's power level as being in the hundreds of thousands. Could he actually be in the millions? Even tens of millions? He's gotta be weaker than Frieza on Namek so is Basil around Frieza on Namek level?
More like people low balling Basil. He would be higher than Perfect Cell since he put up a better fight against Buu, even if Buu is weaker, compared to Dabura and Super Saiyan 2 Gohan from the Buu Saga. Remember, Dabura, who is around Cell to Perfect Cell's level, couldn't even touch Buu outside of one sneak attack.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:04 am

Beyond wrote:Krillin power level being in the millions isn't that hard to believe is it? I doubt basil could be weaker than SSJ Goku on namek no matter what you tried to say, so even if Basil is only using 1 percent of his power when his is clashing with Krillin he would still have to have at least 1,000,000+. a hint for basil's power cap could be less than Piccolo since he was mentioned before Krillin and they didn't feel the need to do the imagine training, so Basil should be weaker than base Gohan as well.
It doesn't make sense, because lavenda is stronger than base Gohan, meanwhile Basil without the drug's is relative to lavenda
HeroR wrote:

That imagination battle seemed as though it was a representation of what would actually happen and Krillin wasn't utterly stomped by someone we said was possibly Perfect Cell level.

Then in the preview he looks like he fights Gohan and Gohan sorta grimaced at one of his punches? He fights Goku too.

Usually I've only ever seen people have Krillin's power level as being in the hundreds of thousands. Could he actually be in the millions? Even tens of millions? He's gotta be weaker than Frieza on Namek so is Basil around Frieza on Namek level?
More like people low balling Basil. He would be higher than Perfect Cell since he put up a better fight against Buu, even if Buu is weaker, compared to Dabura and Super Saiyan 2 Gohan from the Buu Saga. Remember, Dabura, who is around Cell to Perfect Cell's level, couldn't even touch Buu outside of one sneak attack.
and the fact he survived an attack from an enraged Buu is another evidence, that this guy without his drug is around majin vegeta,so no let's stop this stupid low ball,namek frieza would have gotten one shot by enraged buu by flicking his finger, and again the after image training is not a great source to Powerscale since no one State that krillin is relative to Basil,like wow is like the fandom like jumping into conclusions without knowing the context yet, just watch someone is going to say, that krillin is ssb tier since Goku transform to it :|
Last edited by The gr on Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mostly active on discord.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:11 am

HeroR wrote:

So does that mean the imagine training was inaccurate, or is Krillin a beast?

zamasu121
Beyond Newbie

Post by zamasu121 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:32 am

Here are my opinions on the preview powerscaling wise:Krillin vs Gohan looks mostly fine, but then came the Goku turning ssb part :sick: ...I swear if krillin puts up a fight against ssb Goku i might just drop the series.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:37 am

zamasu121 wrote:Here are my opinions on the preview powerscaling wise:Krillin vs Gohan looks mostly fine, but then came the Goku turning ssb part :sick: ...I swear if krillin puts up a fight against ssb Goku i might just drop the series.
Hey,DBS taught us,if you believe in humanity with 25 people with shotguns, you can accomplish anything with plot ki take that as my advice
    let's not jump into conclusions because we don't know the context on why Goku transform
    Mostly active on discord.

zamasu121
    Beyond Newbie

Post by zamasu121 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:47 am

The gr wrote:
    zamasu121 wrote:Here are my opinions on the preview powerscaling wise:Krillin vs Gohan looks mostly fine, but then came the Goku turning ssb part :sick: ...I swear if krillin puts up a fight against ssb Goku i might just drop the series.
    Hey,DBS taught us,if you believe in humanity with 25 people with shotguns, you can accomplish anything with plot ki take that as my advice
      let's not jump into conclusions because we don't know the context on why Goku transform
      Yea i know, but this is super we are talking about. When it comes to super i always expect the worst and hope for the best

Bullza
      Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:20 am

HeroR wrote:More like people low balling Basil. He would be higher than Perfect Cell since he put up a better fight against Buu, even if Buu is weaker, compared to Dabura and Super Saiyan 2 Gohan from the Buu Saga. Remember, Dabura, who is around Cell to Perfect Cell's level, couldn't even touch Buu outside of one sneak attack.
      But that was Majin Buu, the Good Buu that Basil fought should be significantly weaker.

Good Buu is perhaps a third as strong as Majin Buu.

Also that was a powered up Basil wasn't it? Did Krillin fight the ordinary Basil or the powered up fire feet Basil?

HeroR
      Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:06 am

Beyond wrote:
      In the image training, Krillin's attacks did crap to Basil. All Krillin could do was stall, which makes sense since Basil is an arrogant SOB.
      Kanassa wrote:
      Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
      Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:11 am

HeroR wrote:
      Beyond wrote:
      In the image training, Krillin's attacks did crap to Basil. All Krillin could do was stall, which makes sense since Basil is an arrogant SOB.
      Bullza wrote:
      HeroR wrote:More like people low balling Basil. He would be higher than Perfect Cell since he put up a better fight against Buu, even if Buu is weaker, compared to Dabura and Super Saiyan 2 Gohan from the Buu Saga. Remember, Dabura, who is around Cell to Perfect Cell's level, couldn't even touch Buu outside of one sneak attack.
      But that was Majin Buu, the Good Buu that Basil fought should be significantly weaker.

Good Buu is perhaps a third as strong as Majin Buu.

Also that was a powered up Basil wasn't it? Did Krillin fight the ordinary Basil or the powered up fire feet Basil?
      Even weakened, Majin Buu was still be more powerful that most fighters from the Buu Saga. Fat Buu was below Super Saiyan 3 Goku, but well above Majin Vegeta who was even with Super Saiyan 2. Meaning that Buu was almost four times stronger than Majin Vegeta. So even if Buu lost more than 50% of his power, he still would be well above Majin Vegeta. Buu, without being even half way serious or powered up, easily stomped Dabura who was on the level of Cell and Perfect Cell.

Actually, even before Basil powered up he withstood shots from Buu and even countered, which is more than Dabura did.
      Kanassa wrote:

Bullza
      Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:25 am

HeroR wrote:Even weakened, Majin Buu was still be more powerful that most fighters from the Buu Saga. Fat Buu was below Super Saiyan 3 Goku, but well above Majin Vegeta who was even with Super Saiyan 2. Meaning that Buu was almost four times stronger than Majin Vegeta. So even if Buu lost more than 50% of his power, he still would be well above Majin Vegeta. Buu, without being even half way serious or powered up, easily stomped Dabura who was on the level of Cell and Perfect Cell.

Actually, even before Basil powered up he withstood shots from Buu and even countered, which is more than Dabura did.
      Yeah but Majin Buu's power and what he did to Dabura and Gohan doesn't really matter because that's a much stronger version of Buu than the Good Buu all together.

Good Buu yes I do still think he's stronger than Majin Vegeta. That's why people were putting the drugged Basil at around that level.

Below that there's the full powered Basil who kicked around a non serious Buu but then got his head bashed in when got serious though he did remain concious so he can't be too weak.

Then below that there's a non powered up Basil who kicked around a Buu that was still just playing around and that' was possibly the version who fought Krillin.

DainIronfoot
      OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:40 am

I would LOVE it if that happened because it'll be like Toei and Toriyama trolling all the Krillin haters and jerks who constantly make fun of him or the Tien hardcore fans that can't accept the fact that Kuririn is the strongest Earthling. If he goes toe to toe with Blue, I'll be loling for hours and going THAT'S MY BOY!

Now let's get back to reality people...stop over complicating this. The episode hasn't even aired and people jump to the most outrageous conclusions, it's so sad to see. Do you really think Kuririn would be shown putting up a good fight with SSB Goku? Like seriously, this is ridiculous, just wait for the episode. Regardless, I'm glad Kuririn is becoming more relevant. He's not even my favorite character but his treatment by many of the fan base is so annoying to see sometimes...

HeroR
      Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:05 am

Bullza wrote:
      Yeah but Majin Buu's power and what he did to Dabura and Gohan doesn't really matter because that's a much stronger version of Buu than the Good Buu all together.

Good Buu yes I do still think he's stronger than Majin Vegeta. That's why people were putting the drugged Basil at around that level.

Below that there's the full powered Basil who kicked around a non serious Buu but then got his head bashed in when got serious though he did remain concious so he can't be too weak.

Then below that there's a non powered up Basil who kicked around a Buu that was still just playing around and that' was possibly the version who fought Krillin.
      It does matter because Buu wasn't serious when he fought Dabura and Gohan. He didn't even begin to show his full power until he fought Majin Vegeta.

Good Buu is easily stronger than Majin Vegeta since before he lost his power he was at least four times stronger than Majin Vegeta. Meaning that even if he lost 3/4 of his power, he was still be 1.5x stronger than Majin Vegeta. As I said, Basil is an extreme low ball because you're low balling Buu.
      Kanassa wrote:

Bullza
      Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:17 am

HeroR wrote:It does matter because Buu wasn't serious when he fought Dabura and Gohan. He didn't even begin to show his full power until he fought Majin Vegeta.

Good Buu is easily stronger than Majin Vegeta since before he lost his power he was at least four times stronger than Majin Vegeta. Meaning that even if he lost 3/4 of his power, he was still be 1.5x stronger than Majin Vegeta. As I said, Basil is an extreme low ball because you're low balling Buu.
      But that's a completely different Buu. Whether he was serious or not against Dabura and Gohan that was a complete Buu. What does he have to do with anything?

Good Buu has just a portion of that strength, you can't compare his performance to Basil against Majin Buu's performance against Dabura.

I'm not low balling Basil, you saw that Krillin put up a respectable enough fight against him. Krillin is weaker than Namek Frieza because Goku was. So Basil who didn't appear to be powered up maybe until the end because he had no fire aura can't be enormously powerful.

Unfortunately it was never too clear how strong the humans like Krillin and Tien stacked up power level wise except we know they're weaker than Base Goku but they could still be up in the tens of millions.

DBZ Macky
      Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:41 am

Going by Toei logic, Tenshinhan was a good match for Cell Games Era Trunks. Going by Toriyama logic, Krillin would be even stronger.
      Not to mention that Tenshinhan would go on to train for 7 more years by the Boo arc. We can assume Krillin would also have trained for a few years before retiring if he's still stronger. Or maybe his potential just never stopped unlocking?

In any case, it's not strange to me that Krillin could at least match base Gohan and Goku in combat and even force them to transform with his new techniques. Not to mention that it seems he powered up after overcoming his fears, possibly putting him close enough to even a Gohan who has resumed training.
      Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

ShinTenshin
      Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinTenshin » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:42 am

So Kame Sennin is now the strongest earthling for Gohan ? It seems Tien is the last one the list, so he was just forgotten or we must admit he's far weaker than Roshi ??

DBZ Macky
      Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:47 am

ShinTenshin wrote:So Kame Sennin is now the strongest earthling for Gohan ? It seems Tien is the last one the list, so he was just forgotten or we must admit he's far weaker than Roshi ??
      It's possible that they just forgot about Tenshinhan. I mean they mentioned the Androids after Krillin and co. so unless Krillin powered up that much, I wouldn't say that it has to do anything with power. Tenshinhan is a cool character, and was able to mimic the Kamehameha and learn techniques even faster than Goku, so he definitely doesn't lack "skill" either. It's just that he's just too much of a loner.
      Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Triggered Vegeta
      Beyond Newbie

Post by Triggered Vegeta » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:45 am

1. Goku asked Gohan to test Krillin's current power... so he'll likely not go all out. Gohan will probably lower his level, to the point where it looks like their even.

2. Gohan was never implied to be on Goku's ssj level, that was simply a spar... Goku wasn't even serious in that fight.. likely lowered his level to match Gohan. SSG Goku vs Beerus looked like Goku was giving Beerus a run, and even got blows in... we all know Beerus wasn't even trying., he could've completely stomped Goku like trash.. but he wanted to test Goku's new God powers.

3. Monaka vs Goku proves that OP characters such as Beerus can suppress themselves to Base Goku level and still have a fun fight... that was a spar as well... this is likely what Goku did in the spar with Gohan.... appears their even, but in reality that's not the case.

4. Even Future Trunnks who is miles above Krillin couldn't do anything against Vegeta(Blue) so what makes people think Krillin will???

5. If in case Krillin does keep up with Goku, which he won't.... I can already see all the GT fanboys waiting in their basement ready to lowball SSB to below GT Kid Gohan(Base) level cuz Krillin could land blows.

Triggered Vegeta
      Beyond Newbie

Post by Triggered Vegeta » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:49 am

Kid Goku (GT)