Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Sora Saiyan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:19 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:[spoiler]If Gohan actually manages to put up a good fight against Kefla, this is going to introduce a mountain of issues. Keep in my,
it appears to be SSJ Kefla he is going up against right off the bat. Unless Gohan achieved a new form, SSJ Kefla should rip Gohan apart.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]If Gohan has Ultimate and we're keeping the anime thing of Ultimate Gohan being somewhere Blue-ish tier, I can see him holding on against SS Kefla.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]If Gohan does anything decent I guess the manga can fall back on that bonus chapter that showed that he was using the gravity room for training in case shit ever goes down. If he makes gains like he does in the anime he’d be an absolute beast![/spoiler]

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:48 pm

Sora Saiyan wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:[spoiler]If Gohan actually manages to put up a good fight against Kefla, this is going to introduce a mountain of issues. Keep in my,
it appears to be SSJ Kefla he is going up against right off the bat. Unless Gohan achieved a new form, SSJ Kefla should rip Gohan apart.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]If Gohan has Ultimate and we're keeping the anime thing of Ultimate Gohan being somewhere Blue-ish tier, I can see him holding on against SS Kefla.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]If Gohan does anything decent I guess the manga can fall back on that bonus chapter that showed that he was using the gravity room for training in case shit ever goes down. If he makes gains like he does in the anime he’d be an absolute beast![/spoiler]
[spoiler]That bonus chapter would have been great to fall back on... if Goku did not mention having to get Gohans old fighting instincts back and Piccolo saying that he was going to train him up again. Hell, Gohan makes mention of Piccolo being the main reason for him, in Vegeta eyes, being hardly recognizable (in strength) and ready to go. So any kind of monster power up Gohan has gotten, was most likely from training with Piccolo leading up to the tournament.[/spoiler]

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:57 pm

[spoiler]I'm speechless. I AM TOTALLY SPEECHLESS.[/spoiler]

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:09 pm

[spoiler]Gohan wants to face kefla? As if I needed another reason to love the manga, Toyotaro you rock and so does Gohan!
He is about to show what a saiyan born and brought up on earth is really capable of![/spoiler]
Last edited by Ki Breaker on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:12 pm

[spoiler]Dyspo almost eliminated Kale but Cabba saved her and eliminated himself for her.

Also wow Anilaza a major dissapointment in the manga[/spoiler]

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:13 pm

[spoiler]Color me surprised that Kefla even appears in the manga. Was sure Toyotaro was going to leave that out[/spoiler]

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:19 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Sora Saiyan wrote: [spoiler]If Gohan does anything decent I guess the manga can fall back on that bonus chapter that showed that he was using the gravity room for training in case shit ever goes down. If he makes gains like he does in the anime he’d be an absolute beast![/spoiler]
[spoiler]That bonus chapter would have been great to fall back on... if Goku did not mention having to get Gohans old fighting instincts back and Piccolo saying that he was going to train him up again. Hell, Gohan makes mention of Piccolo being the main reason for him, in Vegeta eyes, being hardly recognizable (in strength) and ready to go. So any kind of monster power up Gohan has gotten, was most likely from training with Piccolo leading up to the tournament.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]It didn’t seem like everybody knew that Gohan was doing training. He even stated that nobody is asking him for help recently, so he wants to be ready in case something big happens. Even so he’s clearly toughened his body up going by that chapter, but I guess there’s only so much you can do training solo. I won’t disregard that chapter as Toyo put it in there, so Gohan must’ve been doing casual training with basically nobody knowing.[/spoiler]

Charlie_1981

Post by Charlie_1981 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:23 pm

DestructoDisc wrote:[spoiler]Dyspo almost eliminated Kale but Cabba saved her and eliminated himself for her.

Also wow Anilaza a major dissapointment in the manga[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Not really, Kale shows herself that she is an incredible monster when she goes berserker.

No one seems able to stop her, even Anilaza[/spoiler]

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:35 pm

[spoiler]Since manga Kale is so strong, is it safe to say that Manga Kefla is stronger than GoD Toppo is in the anime? I haven't read the latest chapter so all I know is what I've read from this thread.[/spoiler]

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:47 pm

[spoiler]Damn, Manga Kale is an absolute beast!
God knows how powerful Manga Kafla will be.[/spoiler]
Caulifla best girl! :)

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:24 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote:[spoiler]Since manga Kale is so strong, is it safe to say that Manga Kefla is stronger than GoD Toppo is in the anime? I haven't read the latest chapter so all I know is what I've read from this thread.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Well anime Kefla was stronger than GoD Toppo and we can see that manga Kefla is clearly stronger than anime Kefla so I would imagine so.[/spoiler]

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:42 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Champa The Destroyer wrote:[spoiler]Since manga Kale is so strong, is it safe to say that Manga Kefla is stronger than GoD Toppo is in the anime? I haven't read the latest chapter so all I know is what I've read from this thread.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Well anime Kefla was stronger than GoD Toppo and we can see that manga Kefla is clearly stronger than anime Kefla so I would imagine so.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I thought the general consensus was that GoD Toppo was stronger? I'm not sure myself, but I probably have anime Kefla as slightly stronger considering her performance against UIO Goku. UIO must be even stronger than it is in the anime if Goku uses it against Kefla and wins like in the anime.[/spoiler]

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:48 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

[spoiler]I thought the general consensus was that GoD Toppo was stronger? I'm not sure myself, but I probably have anime Kefla as slightly stronger considering her performance against UIO Goku. UIO must be even stronger than it is in the anime if Goku uses it against Kefla and wins like in the anime.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]SSJ2 Kefla is ~2nd UI Omen Goku. GoD Toppo cannot compete with that considering SSBE Vegeta who shouldn't be that much stronger than SSBKKx20 slaughtered him. Manga Kefla should be on a whole different level than anime Kefla unless their fusion is really impotent by fusion standards.[/spoiler]

Charlie_1981

Post by Charlie_1981 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:49 pm

[spoiler]I think Gohan is gonna sacrifice himself against Kefla just for his father sees and analyzes Kefla fighting style and fight against her having a chance like what happened when Goku fought Perfect Cell in the Cell games before Gohan enters in the fight when he was a kid.[/spoiler]

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:51 pm

PFM18 wrote:

[spoiler]That is If UIO is even gonna be in the manga[/spoiler]
Caulifla best girl! :)

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:54 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

I was talking about the anime version and how it compares to the manga. UIO will definitely not be in the manga.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:57 pm

PFM18 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

[spoiler]SSJ2 Kefla is ~2nd UI Omen Goku. GoD Toppo cannot compete with that considering SSBE Vegeta who shouldn't be that much stronger than SSBKKx20 slaughtered him. Manga Kefla should be on a whole different level than anime Kefla unless their fusion is really impotent by fusion standards.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Agreed, imo SS2 Kefla probably could have beaten UIO Goku if Goku couldn't dodge everything.[/spoiler]

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

[spoiler]Why wouldn't UIO be in the manga?[/spoiler]

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:07 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote: [spoiler]Why wouldn't UIO be in the manga?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Because if it was going to appear it would have appeared by now. In the anime it comes up 3 times and the 3rd time it sticks. It is too late for them to go through that. And the manga also left out SSJ Rage and maybe SSBE too.[/spoiler]

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:27 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Champa The Destroyer wrote: [spoiler]Why wouldn't UIO be in the manga?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Because if it was going to appear it would have appeared by now. In the anime it comes up 3 times and the 3rd time it sticks. It is too late for them to go through that. And the manga also left out SSJ Rage and maybe SSBE too.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]How far into the TOP is the manga? I thought there was still quite a bit left. They could also only have UIO appear once or twice, but I'm not sure.[/spoiler]

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:33 pm

[spoiler]Kale defeating Aniraza alone is surprising until we know the level of power of this fusion in the manga.

In the anime, the U3 robots individually at most managed to give Goku base and Vegeta base a problem, so neither does it make sense that with the fusion they can stop 5 SSB-level enemies.

As far as we know, the fusion of the robots in the manga is nowhere near that level[/spoiler]
Lord Beerus wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: [spoiler]But... SSJ Kale on her own was able to be beat the shit out of Golden Freeza and overwhelm MSSJB Goku. Multiply that with Caulifla and multiply that again with SSJ, and how in the name of fuck does Ultimate Gohan stand any chance against SSJ Kefla? Unless Gohan achieved a power up that would put anything that happened in the anime to shame, this is going to be one of the most one-sided fights you will ever see.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Or maybe Toyotaro is using the same logic as the anime, where Goku is always holding himself even when it does not make sense. Freeza said that if he fought seriously he could defeat Kale easily, and Goku was only surprised, but he was not hurt. That would make more sense.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I have a hard time buying what Freeza said given Goku flat out states that Freeza must be ready to fight seriously right after Freeza goes Golden.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Seriously, but not with full power. in anime, that distinction is made. Freeza was ready to fight seriously, but not with full power, and this is understandable because he was surprised by Kale's power, underestimated and therefore oppressed by her[/spoiler]