Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:14 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:It seems Kahseral, Cocotte, Kunshi, Tupper, Zoiray, Kettol and Vuon are all weaker than Ssj Goku in the manga.
Ouch, Looks like Toyo is not going to be treating a lot of these characters any better then the anime did if the rest of U11's team all rank that low.
Well, I don't know what you'd expect from them. Just look at their designs.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:29 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:It seems Kahseral, Cocotte, Kunshi, Tupper, Zoiray, Kettol and Vuon are all weaker than Ssj Goku in the manga.
Ouch, Looks like Toyo is not going to be treating a lot of these characters any better then the anime did if the rest of U11's team all rank that low.
Well, I don't know what you'd expect from them. Just look at their designs.
Design dose not stop you doing stuff with characters. I'm not saying they all should be God level but setting the bar that low, just like in the anime, while the fight will be fun they are really just a waste of time until Jiren, Toppo and Dyspo.

What i would have liked was a balance, there's no logical reason for the power gap to be that staggered. Team 7 has a fairly well balanced team, now compare that to U11. That means that most of U7 can and will wipe the floor with most of their foes and I am forced to ask, then what's the point of the battle royal style, with teams, strategies and the rules as they are is U7's lot are only at risk from a very select few who are not going to even fight until the very end.

Look back at all the old battles, there was a balance. The heroes didn't just strole through the old torunamants until the end or cap walk thought Frieza's forces on namek until they got to Frieza. By have alsmot everyone be a waste of no only Goku's time but also most of his entire teams time, you horrible undercut any tenstion the story was ment to have in till you get to the point the story stops wasting our time.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:30 pm

- Vegeta is officially burned out. He can't even turn into a SSJ.
- Jiren absolutely clobbers an exhausted Vegeta, as expected.
- Jiren knocks Vegeta off the stage, but before he's out, he gives his remaining energy to Goku. This allows Goku to become a SSJB.
- SSJB Goku fights Jiren and Goku gets his shit pushed in by Jiren, and gets knocked right out of SSJB.
- Jiren the relentlessly batters Goku in his base form
- Goku taps into Ultra Instinct again after hearing all of Tem U7 call his name.
- Ultra Instinct Goku dodges Jiren's initial assault and punches Jiren in the stomach, causing him to feel pain.

NEP shows UI Goku fighting Jiren and then... the shirt is OFF... IT'S MASTERED ULTRA INSTINCT TIME!!!

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:35 pm

It’s hard for me to believe that jiren does not have UI. Especially the way he moves in in the NEP. He is easily and confidently dodging and matching gokus blows.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:50 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:It’s hard for me to believe that jiren does not have UI. Especially the way he moves in in the NEP. He is easily and confidently dodging and matching gokus blows.
Or maybe Jiren is just THAT fast and agile...

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:55 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:It’s hard for me to believe that jiren does not have UI. Especially the way he moves in in the NEP. He is easily and confidently dodging and matching gokus blows.
I don’t buy it. I’m under the impression that next episode they will mention something on this. Perhaps that he does have some sort of knowledge of UI.

And with freeza still in, I’m under the impression that even with mastered UI, goku will mostlikely get K.Oed along with jiren (double KO) or freeza will cheap shot jiren giving goku the upper hand.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:06 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
I don’t buy it. I’m under the impression that next episode they will mention something on this. Perhaps that he does have some sort of knowledge of UI.

And with freeza still in, I’m under the impression that even with mastered UI, goku will mostlikely get K.Oed along with jiren (double KO) or freeza will cheap shot jiren giving goku the upper hand.
Oh there's no doubt in my mind now that Freeza will get the cheap win and be the last man standing.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:06 pm

So can we all agree that Beyond Super Saiyan Blue was underwhelming?

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:07 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Or maybe Jiren is just THAT fast and agile...

Oh there's no doubt in my mind now that Freeza will get the cheap win and be the last man standing.
Agreed. The end is so predictable.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:09 pm

Kaiosama wrote:So can we all agree that Beyond Super Saiyan Blue was underwhelming?
Vegeta's Beyond Super Saiyan Blue form defeated a Hakaishin (in training). That's pretty impressive, all things considered.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:12 pm

Kaiosama wrote:So can we all agree that Beyond Super Saiyan Blue was underwhelming?
Well, against a being who is above Hakaishin level, anything that isn’t UI is going to be underwhelming

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:19 pm

Do you think the Manga will depict Goku and Vegeta closer to equals at the end of the series, or have the same separation that's currently in the anime? I think it's a good thing to have clear separation between them.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:22 pm

Kaiosama wrote:Do you think the Manga will depict Goku and Vegeta closer to equals at the end of the series, or have the same separation that's currently in the anime? I think it's a good thing to have clear separation between them.
Well, before anyone gives you an answer, why is it necessary for vegeta to be equal to goku? Is power the only thing that’s relevant to a character?

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:23 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:Do you think the Manga will depict Goku and Vegeta closer to equals at the end of the series, or have the same separation that's currently in the anime? I think it's a good thing to have clear separation between them.
Well, before anyone gives you an answer, why is it necessary for vegeta to be equal to goku? Is power the only thing that’s relevant to a character?
It is when they have been trying to force this fake rivalry down our throats.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:28 pm

Ok . Fuck jiren matching UI goku. The dude literally tanked a Kamehameha and blew him away with what seemed like a Khai from his hand. Jiren is more OP than I thought

NEP shows this

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:31 pm

UI is not unbeatable, especially the incomplete form, so...

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:34 pm

Legion wrote:UI is not unbeatable, especially the incomplete form, so...
We know. But this increases the chances that mastered UI isn’t going to one sidedly beat jiren. Especially when you see in the preview that jiren seemed to overwhelm goku with a barrage of punches and goku could only block. And it also looked like jiren ripped a whole through goku when he did the khai (might be just visuals showing his power)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:38 pm

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:45 pm

So I’m confident the next episode will have someone state that jiren has surpassed hakaishin level.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:38 pm

I haven't read the above comments but this episode tells me that Ultra Instinct Goku is indeed above Super Saiyan Royal Blue Vegeta and the God of Destruction level.

It seems pretty clear that that has to be the case and it would only make sense that they've intend it to be that way.

The only question now is if Super Saiyan 2 Kefla is also above a God of Destruction.