Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

pacz360
I Live Here

Re: Official Unofficial "Dragon Ball Super" Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by pacz360 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:30 pm

The gr wrote:
supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:
The gr wrote: Umm no, basil could one shot Namek frieza with ease with out the drug.And is too early to judge by looking at a preview,but it really looks like krillin is doing illusion training like the forest episode,so basically krillin is fighting an illusion or it could be goku thinking about krillin on how he will perform
And Goku is envisioning Krillin fighting versions of opponents way weaker than they actually are for what reason?
Doesn't make much sense when he's choosing ten fighters based on strength, so what we see obviously has to be an accurate reflection of how Krillin would perform against the fighters in the Tournament of Power.
we really don't know yet,so let's not jump into conclusion
pacz360 wrote:
The gr wrote: Yeah he is totally meditating and fighting illusion and maybe goku told krillin how Basil look like, seriously do people really believe Kuririn is in the majin Vegeta or in majin buu tier,I like krillin but that insane.And :lol: really basil is in Namek saga frieza tier,IDK but That statement is just hilarious and stupid
I mean this super were talking about the guys at toei could bullshit some powerup for krillin to be at the tier but yeah we have to wait see next week episode.
Dear God, please I don't want that, let's just wait for next week episode
Oh please it wouldn't be the worse thing that could happen.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:32 pm

The mere fact that Goku mentioned Boo again makes pretty clear Piccolo is still under him. No doubt about it now.

Using Saiyan beyond God is the only way to make sense of the scaling. Time to update my list.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:45 pm

ZombieVito wrote:Huh? How is Toppo stronger than Merged Zamasu?
Only at first. Goku used the Kaioken on him and kicked his skull in so hard that with one kick he shattered his halo. It forced him to have to power up with that whole of Light of Justice thing.

Toppo is supposed as be as strong as Goku with that Kaioken from the sounds of it. Jiren is stronger than both so they should be above him just the same.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:48 pm

pacz360 wrote:
The gr wrote:Dear God, please I don't want that, let's just wait for next week episode
I'm being honest here,I just hate the idea of him being in that power,I'm hoping they just boost him at super Saiyan in Namek or Android #17 and #18 tier
Mostly active on discord.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:59 pm

Bullza wrote:
ZombieVito wrote:Huh? How is Toppo stronger than Merged Zamasu?
Only at first. Goku used the Kaioken on him and kicked his skull in so hard that with one kick he shattered his halo. It forced him to have to power up with that whole of Light of Justice thing.

Toppo is supposed as be as strong as Goku with that Kaioken from the sounds of it. Jiren is stronger than both so they should be above him just the same.
Do we even know what Kaioken did he used against Zamasu? Because it really doesn't make sense for him to not use times 10 there.

Merged Zamasu is also said to be the strongest ki they felt so that puts him ahead of KKx10 Goku in the U6 arc.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:04 am

If it doesn't look like KKx10 I'm not going to call it KKx10, especially if he doesn't.

Is there still belief that Goku was using KKx10 after the Kamehameha against Hit?

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:15 am

Simere wrote:If it doesn't look like KKx10 I'm not going to call it KKx10, especially if he doesn't.

Is there still belief that Goku was using KKx10 after the Kamehameha against Hit?
The problem is we already have other examples where he uses a higher form of Kaioken without saying how many times he used.

In any case I'm convinced Goku did use the 10 times one against Zamasu since the latter was implied to be stronger than Goku in the U6 arc and there's no way Goku got multiple times stronger during the Black arc.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:21 am

Do you not put any stock in the change of hair color being a unique marker of KKx10?

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:10 am

pacz360 wrote:
The gr wrote:
pacz360 wrote: Depends Kuririn doesn't even know who or what basil looks like unless goku or gohan told him how he look or it could be goku imagining it how it could go down or maybe he's in the pendulum room from the z anime filler.
Oop looks like you mention part of what i said.
Yeah he is totally meditating and fighting illusion and maybe goku told krillin how Basil look like, seriously do people really believe Kuririn is in the majin Vegeta or in majin buu tier,I like krillin but that insane.And :lol: really basil is in Namek saga frieza tier,IDK but That statement is just hilarious and stupid
I mean this super were talking about the guys at toei could bullshit some powerup for krillin to be at the tier but yeah we have to wait see next week episode.
I'm pretty sure a trained martial artist like Krillin would be more skilled than, say, someone like Buu. So there is the chance that he can manage to land a Kienzan on Basil even if he has a huge disadvantage in power. And it probably won't kill him if we go by the Anime logic of Suppressed Perfect Cell > Krillin's Kienzan. A barrage of Kienzans for example, would definitely put even someone like Basil in a pinch.
"The door of possibilities is still closed", let's not jump to conclusions.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:23 am

Simere wrote:Do you not put any stock in the change of hair color being a unique marker of KKx10?
LOL. I didn't noticed that but it makes no sense for him with the regular Kaioken to even touch Zamasu since he's stronger than SSB KK10 Goku in the U6 arc.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:04 am

So I read the latest manga chapter.

Yeah there's nothing to say that Super Saiyan God Vegeta was stronger than Black. Infact I'd say that Vegeta didn't really get any stronger at all. All that training he did just seemed to be about his new technique. Which would allow for Goku and Vegeta to remain equal.

I suppose technically Black was never really stronger than Super Saiyan Blue Goku or Vegeta at all. If they'd been able to fight at and stay at 100% they'd have stomped him in the same way that happened here.

So in the previous chapter when Black was kicking around Vegeta it would appear as though it was because at that point his power had already dropped considerably. Probably due to all the time he wasted fighting Super Saiyan Black.
ZombieVito wrote:Do we even know what Kaioken did he used against Zamasu? Because it really doesn't make sense for him to not use times 10 there. Merged Zamasu is also said to be the strongest ki they felt so that puts him ahead of KKx10 Goku in the U6 arc.
Well usually just "Kaioken" should be x2 right?

That is what would make the most sense to me anyway. If Vegeta and Trunks together can overpower Zamasu then they'd individually be over half as strong as Merged Zamasu.

Goku would also be over half as strong as Merged Zamasu so with the Kaioken doubling his power then that would be why he smashed him as he did.

Goku and Vegeta powered hugely since the Universe 6 saga so I have no issue with that Kaioken x2 Goku being significantly stronger than his former Kaioken x10 self.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:05 am

DBZ Macky wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
The gr wrote: Yeah he is totally meditating and fighting illusion and maybe goku told krillin how Basil look like, seriously do people really believe Kuririn is in the majin Vegeta or in majin buu tier,I like krillin but that insane.And :lol: really basil is in Namek saga frieza tier,IDK but That statement is just hilarious and stupid
I'm pretty sure a trained martial artist like Krillin would be more skilled than, say, someone like Buu. So there is the chance that he can manage to land a Kienzan on Basil even if he has a huge disadvantage in power. And it probably won't kill him if we go by the Anime logic of Suppressed Perfect Cell > Krillin's Kienzan. A barrage of Kienzans for example, would definitely put even someone like Basil in a pinch.
"The door of possibilities is still closed", let's not jump to conclusions.
"Yeah there no way a guy like freeza can go from untrained ssj to beating ssjb in four months and impossible for f. Trunks to get a power up to him on par with ssjb level fighters in just a few days....oh wait it happened.
The point is this super dude nothing impossible if the guys at toei want they could bs some shit for the humans to get strong they did it before in the z anime not saying krillin is fighting the real basil next episode that could be goku or beerus imagining it but as i said not impossible.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:19 am

Well after today's episode, I came to the conclusion that power levels in super are BS.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:23 am

buutenks wrote:Well after today's episode, I came to the conclusion that power levels in super are BS.
Why? I don't remember seeing anything particularly egregious.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:25 am

Bullza wrote:So I read the latest manga chapter.

Yeah there's nothing to say that Super Saiyan God Vegeta was stronger than Black. Infact I'd say that Vegeta didn't really get any stronger at all. All that training he did just seemed to be about his new technique. Which would allow for Goku and Vegeta to remain equal.

I suppose technically Black was never really stronger than Super Saiyan Blue Goku or Vegeta at all. If they'd been able to fight at and stay at 100% they'd have stomped him in the same way that happened here.

So in the previous chapter when Black was kicking around Vegeta it would appear as though it was because at that point his power had already dropped considerably. Probably due to all the time he wasted fighting Super Saiyan Black.
It looks like Black is also losing Rosé power, giving that technically it should have the same drawback as Blue. And apparently the senzu Vegeta ate in that fight wasn't enough to bring him to his max?

Also, Trunks is confirmed to be stronger than Future Zamasu, so his paralisis technique is the only thing to worry about, besides his immortality.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:53 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:It looks like Black is also losing Rosé power, giving that technically it should have the same drawback as Blue. And apparently the senzu Vegeta ate in that fight wasn't enough to bring him to his max?
I was wondering that myself. He should have the same problem though they didn't suggest he does, at least not yet.

Black might not have been at full strenght by the time he fought Vegeta because he'd already been messing about using it when dealing with Trunks.

Is it going to end up being Merged Zamasu's downfall because they fused whilst Black was in Rose form? He's gonna start off really powerful but then he's going to rapidly lose strenght because he's stuck in that form?

Colgatetoothpasteyum

Post by Colgatetoothpasteyum » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:10 pm

The gr wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
The gr wrote:Dear God, please I don't want that, let's just wait for next week episode
I'm being honest here,I just hate the idea of him being in that power,I'm hoping they just boost him at super Saiyan in Namek or Android #17 and #18 tier
What's wrong with Krillin being powerful? Do you not like the character or something?

I would love for one of the original cast to be top tier again, no matter how bullshit it seems

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:13 pm

Colgatetoothpasteyum wrote:
The gr wrote:
pacz360 wrote: Oh please it wouldn't be the worse thing that could happen.
What's wrong with Krillin being powerful? Do you not like the character or something?

I would love for one of the original cast to be top tier again, no matter how bullshit it seems
I like his character,but I just hope this is not future trunks all over again, remember his character received a lot of hate because of his power, which I don't like seeing my favorite character get trashed by the community,if he gets a power up they better explain,if not I'll flip.
Mostly active on discord.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:17 pm

As it stands the general consensus among the caste is that Toppo is equal to basic SSBKK Goku i.e. X2. This has to be the assumed amount since no multiplier is stated.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:22 pm

The gr wrote:
Colgatetoothpasteyum wrote:
The gr wrote:I'm being honest here,I just hate the idea of him being in that power,I'm hoping they just boost him at super Saiyan in Namek or Android #17 and #18 tier

I like his character,but I just hope this is not future trunks all over again, remember his character received a lot of hate because of his power, which I don't like seeing my favorite character get trashed by the community,if he gets a power up they better explain,if not I'll flip.
The problem with trunks that they didn't explain and gave enough reasons as to why he's gotten to that level.
Plus it not krillin fighting some god tier character plus remember the episode with goku and him on that island talking about ki control that a good way to explain why hes at that level but we have to see if its real or goku theorizing.