Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:26 am

Hugo Boss wrote:Apparently Kanba has a Super Saiyan form. If it took Vegetto Blue to use kaioken to measure up to Kanba, most likely SS Kanba will surpass anyone Goku fought in his life.
Oh yeah he does I've seen the image.

So if Super Saiyan Blue Vegito ~ Beerus and Super Saiyan Blue Vegito Kaioken ~ Kanba...

Then Super Saiyan Kanba would be around a hundred times as strong as Beerus...maybe.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:08 pm

Bullza wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:Apparently Kanba has a Super Saiyan form. If it took Vegetto Blue to use kaioken to measure up to Kanba, most likely SS Kanba will surpass anyone Goku fought in his life.
Oh yeah he does I've seen the image.

So if Super Saiyan Blue Vegito ~ Beerus and Super Saiyan Blue Vegito Kaioken ~ Kanba...

Then Super Saiyan Kanba would be around a hundred times as strong as Beerus...maybe.
It’s interesting what’s gone on here, because before I believe I’ve read that SSJBKK Vegetto was stronger than SSJ Kanba, yet in the anime it appears he’s going to use KK against base Kanba.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:23 pm

Actually I’m not sure if what I read was accurate about Kanba vs Vegetto.. I can’t find anything about it now, so god knows what I read.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:02 pm

https://youtu.be/huryT8cDZa0
In the Arcade(main canon), we only see Vegetto Blue fighting Super Saiyan Cumber.
Whether he uses the Kaiohken or not, it's impossible to know.

We'll see what the anime does.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:15 am

Back to Broly again but from what they've shown of him so far, he has a Base form and his "Legendary Super Saiyan" form same as Kale.

It's gotta be safe to safe to say that Broly will be stronger than Kale surely? That's likely what Goku will be using the Super Saiyan Blue against.

Whether Broly comes out with something else on top of that which will require the heroes to come out with something special like Ultra Instinct or Fusion perhaps. It'd be boring if there wasn't​another form in there somewhere for him because we've seen it already.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:23 am

Bullza wrote:Back to Broly again but from what they've shown of him so far, he has a Base form and his "Legendary Super Saiyan" form same as Kale.

It's gotta be safe to safe to say that Broly will be stronger than Kale surely? That's likely what Goku will be using the Super Saiyan Blue against.

Whether Broly comes out with something else on top of that which will require the heroes to come out with something special like Ultra Instinct or Fusion perhaps. It'd be boring if there wasn't​another form in there somewhere for him because we've seen it already.
Oh it is definitely a certainty that Broly will be stronger than Kale. Especially since Kale was only~SSG Goku.

Vados_chan
Banned

Post by Vados_chan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:01 am

For more Heroes powerlevel goodness

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Golden Oozaru Cumber :lol:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

SSJ4 Vegetto

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:20 am

Why the hell did Goku turn Ssj2 in the first place if Cumber was that strong?

Oh God, Toei really can't do anything right.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:10 am

Zamasu55 wrote:Why the hell did Goku turn Ssj2 in the first place if Cumber was that strong?

Don’t forget they had Goku do something similar in the TOP. Knowing good and well that SSB and above was the only way to go at Jiren, we had to watch him waste his time in every form prior and listen to Krillin pretend like he knew what he was talking about. Then ended up getting spanked.
How i predict the tournament will end:

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:04 am

Zamasu55 wrote:Why the hell did Goku turn Ssj2 in the first place if Cumber was that strong?

Isn't this a bandai namco product?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:10 pm

The fight with Kanba didn't happen yet so we can't really judge where he stands until the next episode. He's likely going to end up being stronger than Merged Zamasu though.

There's nothing to really base Super Saiyan Berserk Goku off of here except he's stronger than Base Vegeta and was one shot by Golden Cooler.

Golden Cooler couldn't even damage Kanba. Would he be stronger than Golden Frieza?

In the manga, I think because it's hard to tell being a black and white manga, that Super Saiyan Berserk Goku beat the tar out of Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta...which is kind of lame but whatever and then after that Golden Cooler knocked out Goku so in the manga Golden Cooler likely was far stronger than his brother but that's only if it was Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:35 pm

Bullza wrote:The fight with Kanba didn't happen yet so we can't really judge where he stands until the next episode. He's likely going to end up being stronger than Merged Zamasu though.

There's nothing to really base Super Saiyan Berserk Goku off of here except he's stronger than Base Vegeta and was one shot by Golden Cooler.

Golden Cooler couldn't even damage Kanba. Would he be stronger than Golden Frieza?

In the manga, I think because it's hard to tell being a black and white manga, that Super Saiyan Berserk Goku beat the tar out of Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta...which is kind of lame but whatever and then after that Golden Cooler knocked out Goku so in the manga Golden Cooler likely was far stronger than his brother but that's only if it was Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta.
I guess that depends whether the boost from Golden builds on the boost from his final form. I would assume it does but this is new territory. :crazy:

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:44 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I would assume it does but this is new territory. :crazy:
Indecipherable territory at that, I'd bet!
PFM18 wrote: Isn't this a bandai namco product?
It's promotional material for a Bandai Namco product, but the anime was developed by Toei's staff. It's not really a part of Super, despite using characters from the show.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:58 pm

Bullza wrote: Golden Cooler couldn't even damage Kanba. Would he be stronger than Golden Frieza?
Realistically, Golden Cooler should be weaker than Freeza's Final Form after his training considering that Freeza got a massive boost from his training. However, the way it is framed it seems they are trying to portray that Freeza surpassed Cooler only because of his Golden form, and Cooler surpassed that by using it himself. Because Cooler says something along the lines of "Freeza surpassed me by going Golden but anything my brother can do I can do too" so it sounded like:

Golden Cooler>Golden Freeza>5th Form Cooler>Final Form Freeza

Was the way I think they wanted to portray things. Kind of ignores Freeza's training.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:10 pm

I think we're supposed to assume this Cooler is a lot stronger than the one in Cooler's Revenge. Berserk Goku should have easily overpowered him if he wasn't.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:19 pm

There didn't seem to be anything that suggested that Super Saiyan Berserk should be any stronger than Super Saiyan 2 right? Just that his reasoning was gone.

At least in the anime anyway.

I'd also agree that for some unexplained reason Fifth Form Cooler probably was conveniently stronger than Final Form Frieza post training.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:58 pm

Bullza wrote:There didn't seem to be anything that suggested that Super Saiyan Berserk should be any stronger than Super Saiyan 2 right? Just that his reasoning was gone.

I'd also agree that for some unexplained reason Fifth Form Cooler probably was conveniently stronger than Final Form Frieza post training.
He's an Alternate Coola, father still alive as well as the Ginyu Squad. He must have trained.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:33 pm

Vados_chan wrote:For more Heroes powerlevel goodness

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Golden Oozaru Cumber :lol:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

SSJ4 Vegetto

Golden Oozaru Cumber?.......isn't Golden Oozaru stringer than SS3? Holy Jesus

Also that Hatchiyak is an abomination and I hope I never torture my eyes with that again as long as I live.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:51 pm

Bullza wrote:There didn't seem to be anything that suggested that Super Saiyan Berserk should be any stronger than Super Saiyan 2 right? Just that his reasoning was gone.

You mean SS2 Kale or the transformation in general?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:14 pm

Super Saiyan 2 in general. So would Goku be any stronger after going Berserk or does he have the strength but he just loses his rationale.