Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by dragon boss z » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:47 am

Here are my rough estimations as of now
18: 1 (maybe higher?)
Super Perfect Cell: 2
Piccolo: 3
Mr. Buu: 4
Fat Buu: 10
kid Buu: 15
Super Buu: 20
Ultimate Gohan (buu saga): 30
base Goku (ToP): 30
Buuhan: 50
ssj Goku (ToP): 50
Zamasu: 60-70
final form Frieza: 30-100
17: 30-80 (maybe higher, possibly 400-600 if above ssj3)
Current Gohan: 80 (maybe higher, possibly 400-600 if above ssj3)
ssj2 Goku: 100
ssj3 Goku: 400
ssj Vegito (buu saga): 400
SSG Goku (BoG): 500
SSG Goku (ToP): 1,000
SSB Goku (ToP): 5,000

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:26 am

supercat wrote:
Bullza wrote:
supercat wrote:Either way, tying in the manga with the anime for power scaling purposes makes little to no sense when there are so many other differences between the two.
I wouldn't say there way all that many drastic changes. The Battle of Gods and Universe 6 saga scales were pretty much the same between the anime and manga.

The Future Trunks saga was a little different with Trunks being closer to Super Saiyan 3 than in the anime. Goku and Merged Zamasu were equal in the manga whereas Zamasu was stronger in the anime but not enough that Goku wasn't able to give him a hard time the same.

It's more alike than its different.
Future Zamasu in the anime has nothing to do with manga Zamasu when it comes to power scaling. The former has enough feats to rightfully earn a spot among other SSB-tier characters.
Future Zamasu in the anime didn't do much of anything. He hardly even hit anybody, a couple of times he did was thanks to Goku Black. You can count the amount of hits he actually got in on one hand.

Had he not been immortal then Super Saiyan 2 Trunks would have killed him when he outmatched him and stabbed him. Then he fought him again and Trunks might have killed him then had Goku Black not intervened.

Which fits with the manga saying he's weaker than Trunks. There was a one minute period in the anime where he matched up against Super Saiyan Blue Goku and that was it.
Drastic or not, the fact that they depict different scenarios to begin with makes it difficult to utilize a synonymous power scale.

The episode where Trunks jabbed Zamasu was the same episode where Trunks was landing hits on Super Saiyan Rose Goku. So unless you're trying to say Super Saiyan Rose Goku is also SSJ2-tier... Not to mention, Zamasu has the tendency to wrecklessly tank hits and embrace his immortality.

Also, Zamasu clashing with Goku before knocking him down was a feat he pulled off alone. Goku Black had not yet stepped in at that point. Until we see someone like Buu pulling off a similar feat against SSB Goku, I see no reason to place Zamasu lower than SSB-tier.
majinwarman wrote:
supercat wrote:HeroR basically covered the key points.

If the tables were turned, and it was Goku who had the upperhand (even to the slightest, barely noticeable degree), I could totally envision some fans saying something along the lines of "17's below SSJ3-tier! Confirmed! At best SSJ2." Any feat, that helps things make "sense" while downplaying anyone who "shouldn't" have a had a massive power boost is apparently deemed far more credibly than a far less ambiguous feat that promotes the opposite. Why does a cartoon revolving around characters flying around and throwing magical attacks at each other even have to make sense?

Either way, tying in the manga with the anime for power scaling purposes makes little to no sense when there are so many other differences between the two. Personally, I prefer the power scale in the anime.

In my opinion 17 in the anime is probably comparable to any fighter who is on the low end of current SSB-tier; it seems reasonable enough for me to place him around RoF SSB Goku / Vegeta. With all things considered, he should be a good amount stronger than ritual form Goku, who presumably is worlds above SSJ Vegetto and Buuhan.

Future Zamasu in the anime has nothing to do with manga Zamasu when it comes to power scaling. The former has enough feats to rightfully earn a spot among other SSB-tier characters. That said, between Zamasu and 17, I'd say 17 has a slight advantage in power.

SSB Goku / Golden Frieza: 100,000
17: 85,000 - 90,000
Future Zamasu: 80,000
Ritual Form Goku (against Beerus): 30,000
SSJ3 Goku (current): 7,500
SSJ2 Goku (current): 1,875
SSJ1 Goku (current): 937
Base Goku (current): 18
PIccolo (current): 15-16
SSJ Vegetto (Buu saga): 11
Buuhan: 4
Buutenks: 3
Ultimate Gohan (Buu saga): 1-2
Super Buu: 0.5
Mr. Buu: Too weak to place on this scale
I have a quick question. Where would put current God Goku in that list?

You're ignoring Episode 64 where a Stamina depleting SSJ2 Trunks was able to keep with Zamasu in combat and was ready blow him up into pieces if Black hadn't interfered. If Zamasu really was low SSB tier power wise then he wouldn't have struggled with Trunks twice. Episode 57 is the only one in which SSJ2 Trunks and Zamasu showed these inconsistent feats, so other than that Zamasu couldn't do anything on his own against SSB Goku or Vegeta in their second and third counter.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:57 am

supercat wrote:The episode where Trunks jabbed Zamasu was the same episode where Trunks was landing hits on Super Saiyan Rose Goku. So unless you're trying to say Super Saiyan Rose Goku is also SSJ2-tier... Not to mention, Zamasu has the tendency to wrecklessly tank hits and embrace his immortality.

Also, Zamasu clashing with Goku before knocking him down was a feat he pulled off alone. Goku Black had not yet stepped in at that point. Until we see someone like Buu pulling off a similar feat against SSB Goku, I see no reason to place Zamasu lower than SSB-tier.
The episode seemed to be more an exception compared to all the episodes following it.

Trunks did land hits on Super Saiyan Rose Black but then I don't think anyone else hit him at all until Goku had his rage boost. There was that scene where Goku, Vegeta and Trunks attacked him one after the other and couldn't hit him.

And yes Zamasu did hit Super Saiyan Blue Goku fair and square but I struggle to recall him hitting anyone else like that again. I know he hit one of them while they were in mid air after Black hit them and there was that time he hit Vegeta when he was flying after Black but that's about it.

Thats like Buu hitting Base Goku or something.

Zamasu was also outmatched by Trunks and he wasn't letting his guard down there because he was dodging some attacks, he was just beaten. Every other time he fought a Super Saiyan Blue level fighter he was completely outmatched.

I wouldn't even say Zamasu was as strong as Base Black (which he definitely isn't in the manga) because the point seemed to be that Zamasu had the immortality and Black had the power.

supercat

Post by supercat » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:43 pm

Bullza wrote:
supercat wrote:The episode where Trunks jabbed Zamasu was the same episode where Trunks was landing hits on Super Saiyan Rose Goku. So unless you're trying to say Super Saiyan Rose Goku is also SSJ2-tier... Not to mention, Zamasu has the tendency to wrecklessly tank hits and embrace his immortality.

The episode seemed to be more an exception compared to all the episodes following it.

Trunks did land hits on Super Saiyan Rose Black but then I don't think anyone else hit him at all until Goku had his rage boost. There was that scene where Goku, Vegeta and Trunks attacked him one after the other and couldn't hit him.

And yes Zamasu did hit Super Saiyan Blue Goku fair and square but I struggle to recall him hitting anyone else like that again. I know he hit one of them while they were in mid air after Black hit them and there was that time he hit Vegeta when he was flying after Black but that's about it.

Zamasu was also outmatched by Trunks and he wasn't letting his guard down there because he was dodging some attacks, he was just beaten. Every other time he fought a Super Saiyan Blue level fighter he was completely outmatched.

I wouldn't even say Zamasu was as strong as Base Black (which he definitely isn't in the manga) because the point seemed to be that Zamasu had the immortality and Black had the power.
Oh so when something doesn't conform to your boundaries of logic, it's more of an exception. I don't get why you even respond to me when it's been pretty clear we won't agree on any of this?

Zamasu landed a hit on Vegeta sometime down the road as well. And no, I'm not talking about the one where he snuck up on him during his rampage against Goku Black. There was another time, I just don't remember the specifics.

Exactly, Buu barely did anything against a presumably suppressed Base Goku, while Zamasu hit a SSB Goku who was ready for battle. Big difference there. Until Buu, or anyone around that tier is able to either best SSB Goku / Vegeta (even for a second) in hand to hand combat, or at the very least tangle with them, I don't see why Zamasu shouldn't be SSB-tier.

Again, there was a scene where Zamasu bested Vegeta, granted it was quick and rather insignificant. The point is, he wasn't always outmatched; and certainly not to the extent some believe. I also I don't recall Vegeta ever landing a hit on Zamasu either, so there's that. Even if Zamasu is shown to be a tad weaker than an SSB, doesn't mean he can't be within that realm of power. Final Form Frieza 100% got wrecked by SSJ Goku, yet people still seem to consider the former Namek saga SSJ-tier.

Zamasu was also confident he could destroy Trunks right before he got hit with the Mafuba.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:00 pm

In ep. 57, Future Zamasu went toe-to-toe with Goku and even pushed him back. Goku himself noted that something was different since last they thought (he was referring to his fight with Present Zamasu in U10's Sacred World of Kai). In ep. 62, he was again fighting on-par with SSB Vegeta.

Of course Zamasu was getting beaten around by Goku, Vegeta and Trunks, that's exactly what he wanted. He remarked several times that he enjoyed getting hit because that gave him the opportunity to revel in his immortality. He was a sadist and didn't care about getting trashed all over by his opponents, since that was reason of joy for him. That was a trait of his complex personality. Future Zamasu was SSB-tier, as many other mentioned. He held his ground against both SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta. He was hit several times by his opponents not because he was objectively inferior in strength, but because he wanted to get hit (he was obsessed with his immortal body). Obviously, no one is saying Future Zamasu could beat a SSB opponent. But he could fight on equal ground with one, there is evidence of that throughout the Zamasu arc.

It is also interesting to mention that Goku complimented Present Zamasu's skills, noting that he would become as strong as Beerus one day (Zamasu was a natural prodigy in combat and revered as a genius even by the Supreme Kais); the same goes for Future Zamasu, except Future Zamasu was naturally stronger than the Present Zamasu because he had more time to train (indeed, even Goku noted that he was different from his present self).
Last edited by SupremeKai25 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:01 pm

supercat wrote:
Bullza wrote:

Oh so when something doesn't conform to your boundaries of logic, it's more of an exception. I don't get why you even respond to me when it's been pretty clear we won't agree on any of this?

Zamasu landed a hit on Vegeta sometime down the road as well. And no, I'm not talking about the one where he snuck up on him during his rampage against Goku Black. There was another time, I just don't remember the specifics.

Exactly, Buu barely did anything against a presumably suppressed Base Goku, while Zamasu hit a SSB Goku who was ready for battle. Big difference there. Until Buu, or anyone around that tier is able to either best SSB Goku / Vegeta (even for a second) in hand to hand combat, or at the very least tangle with them, I don't see why Zamasu shouldn't be SSB-tier.

Again, there was a scene where Zamasu bested Vegeta, granted it was quick and rather insignificant. The point is, he wasn't always outmatched; and certainly not to the extent some believe. I also I don't recall Vegeta ever landing a hit on Zamasu either, so there's that. Even if Zamasu is shown to be a tad weaker than an SSB, doesn't mean he can't be within that realm of power. Final Form Frieza 100% got wrecked by SSJ Goku, yet people still seem to consider the former Namek saga SSJ-tier.

Zamasu was also confident he could destroy Trunks right before he got hit with the Mafuba.
To note, it wasn’t just Zamasu. Black believed Zamasu could kill Trunks, and so did Goku and Vegeta since they wanted to rush to help Trunks.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:07 pm

You know, the Tournament of Power has done a lot to help justify some of the more inconsistent fight showings throughout the anime's run by specifically pointing out the martial arts know-how behind how a fight actually works, and then translating that into the traditional power-slugfest scene.

For example, Future Trunks went SS and managed to block SSR Goku Black's Ki blade attack and kick him into a building. Thanks to the Tournament of Power, we can hazard a guess that that's because blocking is a universal stopgap for reducing damage for most power level ranges and that Future Trunks landed a clean hit on Goku Black, sending him flying.

Another example is Future Zamasu fighting against SSB Goku before he got his brief rage boost. They clash quite readily, and the Tournament of Power allows us to hazard a guess that he was skilled enough to keep up with SSB Goku's movements.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:20 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:You know, the Tournament of Power has done a lot to help justify some of the more inconsistent fight showings throughout the anime's run by specifically pointing out the martial arts know-how behind how a fight actually works, and then translating that into the traditional power-slugfest scene.

For example, Future Trunks went SS and managed to block SSR Goku Black's Ki blade attack and kick him into a building. Thanks to the Tournament of Power, we can hazard a guess that that's because blocking is a universal stopgap for reducing damage for most power level ranges and that Future Trunks landed a clean hit on Goku Black, sending him flying.

Another example is Future Zamasu fighting against SSB Goku before he got his brief rage boost. They clash quite readily, and the Tournament of Power allows us to hazard a guess that he was skilled enough to keep up with SSB Goku's movements.
The trouble is this isn't consistent with how things previously worked at all.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:25 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:You know, the Tournament of Power has done a lot to help justify some of the more inconsistent fight showings throughout the anime's run by specifically pointing out the martial arts know-how behind how a fight actually works, and then translating that into the traditional power-slugfest scene.

Perhaps, but that just seems to be the direction being taken, and I honestly prefer it for the most part.

Trying to assign the traditional methodology just doesn't work out except in certain cases like with Jiren, especially in a tournament setting.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:28 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:

Perhaps, but that just seems to be the direction being taken, and I honestly prefer it for the most part.

Trying to assign the traditional methodology just doesn't work out except in certain cases like with Jiren, especially in a tournament setting.
The problem is it's applied inconsistently. If the humans can hang with fighters thousands or millions of times more powerful than them, Goku should be able to fight Jiren without even needing to transform.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:22 pm

supercat wrote:Oh so when something doesn't conform to your boundaries of logic, it's more of an exception.
Well it kinda was. Super Saiyan 2 Trunks did land a hit on Super Saiyan Rose Black which smacked him into a building, but he did the exact same thing in the manga.

Trunks is obviously not close to God Tier at all but he landed a good hit in. Unlike Super Saiyan Blue Goku being unable to hit Black in the anime in three encounters or Vegeta being unable to hit Black in the manga in his first encounter.

Zamasu tangled with Super Saiyan Blue in the anime briefly, but he did the exact same thing in the manga there as well.
I just went and double checked the whole thing, he hit Blue Goku, then hit him a second time in another fight after he was sent through the air by Black's attack, he hit Super Saiyan 2 Trunks when he was drained, he hit Blue Vegeta with a cheap shot from behind,

Aside from that any other hits he gets in are joint attacks with Black which includes the one you're referring to with Vegeta where at the time he was focused on Trunks as well.

So quite literally throughout the entire saga and the many fights he was involved in, Zamasu only actually hit someone fair and square, twice.
Zamasu was also confident he could destroy Trunks right before he got hit with theMafuba.
Well Trunks also said "If it's just Zamasu even I can...". He would have been killed by SSJ2 Trunks had he not been immortal, SSJ2 Trunks held up to him the second time and was planning on killing him with the remaining energy he had left and might have had Black not intervened and then yeah in the manga they said he's weaker than Trunks.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:32 pm

Hey, everyone! So I have been very busy for the past month or so.

I am curious. What is the consensus on how strong main characters are as of now? Could someone include people like SSB Vegito, UI Goku, Jiren, SS2 Kefla, SSG Goku, Ultimate Gohan, Android 17, SSBerserker Kale, Beerus, Whis, Toppo, Merged Zamasu, SSRosé Goku Black, SSRage Trunks, Golden Frieza?

Thank you so very much. Sorry, I have just been busy and I trust you all. :)

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:29 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:Hey, everyone! So I have been very busy for the past month or so.

I am curious. What is the consensus on how strong main characters are as of now? Could someone include people like SSB Vegito, UI Goku, Jiren, SS2 Kefla, SSG Goku, Ultimate Gohan, Android 17, SSBerserker Kale, Beerus, Whis, Toppo, Merged Zamasu, SSRosé Goku Black, SSRage Trunks, Golden Frieza?

Whis > Jiren > Belmod > Quitela > Beerus ~ SSB Vegetto > Champa > Merged Zamasu (Corrupted) > UI Goku (Power up) > SS2 Kefla ~ UI Goku > SS Kefla > KKx20 Blue Goku > Merged Zamasu > Blue Goku/Blue Vegeta/Golden Freeza/Rose Black > Toppo > Hit > Rage Future Trunks > Ultimate Gohan = 17 > Pirina > Saonel > SSG Goku > Dyspo > Kefla > Vegetto > Black > Controlled SS Kale > SS3 Goku > Obuni > SS2 Goku/Vegeta > SS2 Caulifla > SS2 Future Trunks > Zamasu > SS2 Cabba > SS Goku/Vegeta > SS Caulifla > SS Future Trunks > SS Cabba > Frost > Magetta > Goku/Vegeta/Freeza > Caulifla > Future Trunks > Gohan > Cabba > Kale > Piccolo > Boo > Shin > 18 > Ribrianne > Botamo > Kuririn > Tenshinhan > Roshi

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:42 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:Hey, everyone! So I have been very busy for the past month or so.

Grand Priest > Vados > Whis > Beerus > SSJB Vegetto > Jiren > Merged Zamasu (final appearance) > UI Goku (second showing) > UI Goku (first time) > Merged Zamasu (Halo) > KKx20 + SSJB Goku > SSJ2 Kefla > SSJ Rosé Black (final appearance) > SSJB Goku/Vegeta/Golden Freeza > Hit > Toppo > SSJ Kefla > SSJ God Goku > Ultimate Gohan > 17 > Kefla > SSJ Rage Trunks > LSSJ Kale
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:26 pm

ZombieVito wrote:

Whis > Jiren > Belmod > Quitela > Beerus ~ SSB Vegetto > Champa > Merged Zamasu (Corrupted) > UI Goku (Power up) > SS2 Kefla ~ UI Goku > SS Kefla > KKx20 Blue Goku > Merged Zamasu > Blue Goku/Blue Vegeta/Golden Freeza/Rose Black > Toppo > Hit > Rage Future Trunks > Ultimate Gohan = 17 > Pirina > Saonel > SSG Goku > Dyspo > Kefla > Vegetto > Black > Controlled SS Kale > SS3 Goku > Obuni > SS2 Goku/Vegeta > SS2 Caulifla > SS2 Future Trunks > Zamasu > SS2 Cabba > SS Goku/Vegeta > SS Caulifla > SS Future Trunks > SS Cabba > Frost > Magetta > Goku/Vegeta/Freeza > Caulifla > Future Trunks > Gohan > Cabba > Kale > Piccolo > Boo > Shin > 18 > Ribrianne > Botamo > Kuririn > Tenshinhan > Roshi
How is Dyspo weaker than SSG Goku? Dyspo had the upper hand in his fight against SSG/SSB Goku. And why is Hit lower than people like Golden Frieza, SSB Vegeta, and Toppo? Hit's fights against Jiren Dyspo make it clear that he's at the very least >= SSB.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:52 pm

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
ZombieVito wrote:

How is Dyspo weaker than SSG Goku? Dyspo had the upper hand in his fight against SSG/SSB Goku. And why is Hit lower than people like Golden Frieza, SSB Vegeta, and Toppo? Hit's fights against Jiren Dyspo make it clear that he's at the very least >= SSB.
Magetta is stronger than Frost and Cabba

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:03 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:Magetta is stronger than Frost and Cabba
All we particularly know about Magetter's attributes in battle is that he's durable to the point of being near-impervious to physical and chi attacks. We don't particularly know just how powerful he is.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:14 pm

Without powerscaling, jiren is likely above G.o.D level in general, goku UI is nearly as strong, SS2 Kefla has raw power rivaling UI goku, ssb Vegito is comparable to Jiren and Goku UI. Thats really all the new stuff.

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:16 pm

As Aniraza is revealed, on what power level can we expect it to be at?
In SDB Heroes it is shown SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta vs Aniraza...
[spoiler]https://mobile.twitter.com/MsDBZbabe/st ... 24/video/1[/spoiler]

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:40 pm

Hakaishin Liquir wrote: How is Dyspo weaker than SSG Goku? Dyspo had the upper hand in his fight against SSG/SSB Goku. And why is Hit lower than people like Golden Frieza, SSB Vegeta, and Toppo? Hit's fights against Jiren Dyspo make it clear that he's at the very least >= SSB.
The only reason Dyspo could even touch them is because of his speed. Considering he was afraid of base Freeza, I'm being very generous.

Hit has always been weaker than Blue Goku.
The_Destroyer wrote: Magetta is stronger than Frost and Cabba
Magetta is tricky because of his endurance but frost was confirmed to be a lot stronger and Cabba has SS2.

Magetta got nothing.