Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:42 pm

Based on the preview, toppo is legit gonna be a god of destruction. Based on aura and all. No wonder epsode 126 is tittle that way. Hakaishin toppo looks badass

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:19 pm

So it's basically confirmed that Final Form Freeza was retconned to being ~SSG level.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:21 pm

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:So it's basically confirmed that Final Form Freeza was retconned to being ~SSG level.
Or Dyspo's actual strength is really weak.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:23 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/954871060993732608

There's also this, but I find that hard to believe.
Wow, Gohan keeps on getting cocky every time he gets strong lol. Sigh, he never learns.

Hah, i bet you if Gohan had gotten some strong ultimate form and he fought Jiren, he;d lose or get screwed up badly even if his BP would be higher than Jiren's because he;d get cocky, again.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:25 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote:So it's basically confirmed that Final Form Freeza was retconned to being ~SSG level.
Dyspo did better against SSG Goku than he did against FF Freeza. Besides, that's not the only indicator that FF Freeza is SSG level. He fodderized Jimeze, who was bullying Base Gohan and seemed to be toying with SSJ Goku, and FF Freeza tanked a blast from SSJ2 Cabba.

Though one thing that did seem weird to me is that halfway through the episode, there was that Zeno scene which seemed to be Zeno complaining about not being able to see Dyspo's movements (like in 104), so maybe Dyspo was holding back in his base form for the 1st half of the episode.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:27 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
After this episode, cant really say he is weak or average, he is indeed very strong overall.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:29 pm

As I said last week, Dyspo is basically The Flash. His speed is his strength. The faster he can go, the more damage he can dish out.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:29 pm

Hakaishin Liquir wrote: Dyspo did better against SSG Goku than he did against FF Freeza. Besides, that's not the only indicator that FF Freeza is SSG level. He fodderized Jimeze, who was bullying Base Gohan and seemed to be toying with SSJ Goku, and FF Freeza tanked a blast from SSJ2 Cabba.

Though one thing that did seem weird to me is that halfway through the episode, there was that Zeno scene which seemed to be Zeno complaining about not being able to see Dyspo's movements (like in 104), so maybe Dyspo was holding back in his base form for the 1st half of the episode.
Freeza defeated Jimeze because he knew exactly how to counter attack IT.

FF Freeza never tanked Cabba's attack. That was Golden Freeza.

I don't think Dyspo used his full speed until Freeza went Golden but I'll wait for the subs.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:36 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote: Dyspo did better against SSG Goku than he did against FF Freeza. Besides, that's not the only indicator that FF Freeza is SSG level. He fodderized Jimeze, who was bullying Base Gohan and seemed to be toying with SSJ Goku, and FF Freeza tanked a blast from SSJ2 Cabba.

Freeza defeated Jimeze because he knew exactly how to counter attack IT.

FF Freeza never tanked Cabba's attack. That was Golden Freeza.

I don't think Dyspo used his full speed until Freeza went Golden but I'll wait for the subs.
So why couldn't Base Gohan do the same thing against Jimeze despite the fact that he should be more familiar with IT than Freeza? There was also that scene of Jimeze vs SSJ Goku where Goku seemed to be having some trouble than Freeza did. FF Freeza has to be at the bare minimum SSJ Goku level.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:38 pm

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:So why couldn't Base Gohan do the same thing against Jimeze despite the fact that he should be more familiar with IT than Freeza? There was also that scene of Jimeze vs SSJ Goku where Goku seemed to be having some trouble than Freeza did. FF Freeza has to be at the bare minimum SSJ Goku level.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Freeza is just the better fighter and we don't see Goku attacking Jimeze so we can't say for sure he was having trouble.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:43 pm

I'm waiting for subbed to come out before i watch it.

SuperDragoon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperDragoon » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:03 pm

Freeza being SSG level in Base in pretty much fact at this point. Hard to deny it.

So Dyspo in his Light Speed Mode is SSB level I guess. Low SSB level at least.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:08 pm

In a straight fight without maneuverability, Gohan was stated to be superior to Dyspo.

Dyspo himself was also only ever stated to increase his speed, not his power as a whole, allowing him to land flurries of blows without god-level characters being able to properly guard against it.

Freeza also stated that Dyspo's movements were easy to follow despite his impressive speed earlier, and the super speed warrior only started gaining the upperhand again when he increased his speed further. However, Freeza is also one to easily take blows for his respective power level.

Once again, the mechanics of the fight matter more than the actual power levels. I keep saying this, but it seems like nobody around here is willing to accept this caveat when it comes to analyzing the fights in this arc.

Also, we see that THE SHIRT IS COMING OFF, AND THE GOD OF DESTRUCTIVE JUSTICE HAS ARISEN! In this show, when you lose your shirt, sh*t is going to go down.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:22 pm

Cant wait for toppo to show what a god of destruction can really do. We havent seen any of the fight at full power. Which makes it even scarier to imagine what it will look like once jiren goes all out.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:36 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:In a straight fight without maneuverability, Gohan was stated to be superior to Dyspo.

Dyspo himself was also only ever stated to increase his speed, not his power as a whole, allowing him to land flurries of blows without god-level characters being able to properly guard against it.

Freeza also stated that Dyspo's movements were easy to follow despite his impressive speed earlier, and the super speed warrior only started gaining the upperhand again when he increased his speed further. However, Freeza is also one to easily take blows for his respective power level.

Once again, the mechanics of the fight matter more than the actual power levels. I keep saying this, but it seems like nobody around here is willing to accept this caveat when it comes to analyzing the fights in this arc.

Also, we see that THE SHIRT IS COMING OFF, AND THE GOD OF DESTRUCTIVE JUSTICE HAS ARISEN! In this show, when you lose your shirt, sh*t is going to go down.
I agree with your statements.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:44 pm

So Dyspo was quite retarded for risking himself to be eliminated by holding back his power on Hit

Also Zen-Oh can't keep up with the speed of a mortal, are them really that powerful? I think the Glass Canon theory could still be applied.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:47 pm

Noah wrote:So Dyspo was quite retarded for risking himself to be eliminated by holding back his power on Hit

Also Zen-Oh can't keep up with the speed of a mortal, are them really that powerful? I think the Glass Canon theory could still be applied.
They are not fighters, they are just child like beings with near infinite power. They definitely arent glass cannons,

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:49 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:They are not fighters, they are just child like beings with near infinite power. They definitely arent glass cannons,
Please, the Grand Priest was able to see Dyspo movements, so I'm pretty sure he's faster and could use that to kill Zen-Oh(s)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:50 pm

There's quite a lot to take in this episode.

It does seem like most of Dyspo's success comes from his speed. He did overwhelm Frieza at one point but then next it was him who needed to take a knee.

Oddly enough Frieza out up a better than Super Saiyan God Goku but Frieza is below Super Saiyan 2 level most likely anyway.

Golden Frieza is supposed to be faster than Dyspo which is something that Hit or Super Saiyan God Goku wasn't.

In his Super Maximum Light mode he completely overwhelms Golden Frieza and Piccolo said that Ultimate Gohan would not have been able to beat him. That mode didn't seem to actually increase his power but just his speed and I suppose speed = power.

When Frieza took his super speed away from him and he was forced to fight using his own power he was inferior to Ultimate Gohan but not massively so.

So with his full abilities he'd easily beat any Blue or God level opponent bit just from sheer power alone he's in the same ballpark as Final Form Frieza.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:53 pm

Ok, so having seen the NEP with subs, seems Toppo is getting some power unlock because his shirt got ripped? lol. Tho i guess he could be hiding his true power like Dyspo.

Also, it seems all Freeza's sneak attack does it rip Toppo's shirt off.

My prediction of what will happen:

17 fights Toppo, but Toppo is to much for him so Freeza tries a sneak attack. Toppo gets pissed of because his shirt got ripped so he shows his full power or unlocks a hidden power.

Goku n Vegeta fight Jiren till the episode is about to end. Then Vegeta goes off to fight Toppo.

About ep 124, great fight. Seems speed is Dyspo's main power. And i think, he is the first and only character stated to be above the speed of light. For everyone else no such thing was said.

So we got our first official faster than light character.
Noah wrote:So Dyspo was quite retarded for risking himself to be eliminated by holding back his power on Hit

Zeno tanked his own multiverse busting attack. So how fast he is is moot. Since u cant hurt him and he can hit u no matter where you are.
Last edited by buutenks on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.