Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:30 pm

ZombieVito wrote:So Piccolo beat Bergamo without an issue in the manga.

Looks like he is over base tier.
Well, the manga has yet to make fully direct comparisons between the likes of Final Form Freeza, Piccolo, the base Saiyans, etc.

I'm curious to see if it'll do that, as feat-based extrapolation that aren't direct are hard to trust, for me anyways.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:37 pm

How does that make him over base tier? Gohan was handling Bergamo, Basil and Lavender all at once too in his base form.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:53 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:How does that make him over base tier? Gohan was handling Bergamo, Basil and Lavender all at once too in his base form.
We don't know how strong Gohan is and he was fighting defensively anyway. He never even hit Bergamo.

Piccolo beating Bergamo like that futher supports his place in the anime's power scale to me.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:03 pm

I noticed that people said Frost was Namek Saga Frieza level but that clearly isn’t the case. If Frost was able to tank a shin kikoho then that means he’s waaaay above Semi Perfect Cell

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:08 pm

1) Piccolo's already stronger than regular Bergamo in the anime.
2) The manga and the anime are different. Monna was fodder while in the anime she stomped Ssj Cabba.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:09 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:I noticed that people said Frost was Namek Saga Frieza level but that clearly isn’t the case. If Frost was able to tank a shin kikoho then that means he’s waaaay above Semi Perfect Cell
Frost is Ssj2 Buu saga tier at the very least.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:12 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: 1) Piccolo's already stronger than regular Bergamo in the anime.
2) The manga and the anime are different. Monna was fodder while in the anime she stomped Ssj Cabba.
They were people who didnt think that.

Do we even know who eliminated Monna in the manga?

Besides the anime and manga aren't as different as you think. They come from the same source after all.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:28 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote: 1) Piccolo's already stronger than regular Bergamo in the anime.
They were people who didnt think that.

Do we even know who eliminated Monna in the manga?

Besides the anime and manga aren't as different as you think. They come from the same source after all.
Without direct comparisons to make between characters themselves, it can be hard to tell how everyone stands next to each other.

Freeza, Buu, Piccolo, and the Saiyans are in this weird place where nobody knows exactly who's supposed to be stronger than who and by how much.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:29 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:Monna was fodder while in the anime she stomped Ssj Cabba.
That was merely because of her expanded form, which appears to be anime-only -- without it she was implied to have been slightly stronger than base Cabba but weaker than base Caulfila. Both versions most likely use the same strength foundation while still differentiating their power scales based on exclusive transformations, as has been observed thus far.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:53 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:Monna was fodder while in the anime she stomped Ssj Cabba.
That was merely because of her expanded form, which appears to be anime-only -- without it she was implied to have been slightly stronger than base Cabba but weaker than base Caulfila. Both versions most likely use the same strength foundation while still differentiating their power scales based on exclusive transformations, as has been observed thus far.
Wait. Was base Caulifla already stronger than base Cabba as of 112?

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:12 pm

So in the manga as of now it seems
Krillin/Tien/Roshi<Universe 9 fighters<base Gohan<=>Piccolo<Frost<Frieza
Zamasu55 wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote:I noticed that people said Frost was Namek Saga Frieza level but that clearly isn’t the case. If Frost was able to tank a shin kikoho then that means he’s waaaay above Semi Perfect Cell
Frost is Ssj2 Buu saga tier at the very least.
I would say at least perfect Cell level. Tien's kikoho probably wouldn't phase perfect Cell either, and Piccolo has never proved to be perfect Cell level. I would say with the information given Frost can be anywhere between perfect Cell and Fat Buu.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:30 pm

- Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren duke it out. And, obviously, Goku comes out on top and batters Jiren.
- Jiren remembers his past, and it triggers Jiren (literally) to power up
- Jiren (with his shirt ripped off for... reasons) is powered up and bulked up and fights Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku and it's fairly even.
- There then a beam struggle happens between the two of them... and Jiren wins
- Jiren (Powered Up For REAL) then starts to smack around Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku
- Goku seems down for the count but gets a second wind (naturally) and fights back to Jiren's frustration and shock
- Goku and Jiren duke it out and it appears dead even
- Goku then blasts Jiren with Kamehameha and appears to have Jiren at his mercy as Jiren is down for the count, but then...
- ULTRA INSTINCT BURNS OUT!! And Goku is down for the count.
- Jiren blasts Goku and Goku is going off the stage...
- BUT FREEZA MAKES THE SAVE AND BLASTS GOKU BACK ONTO THE STAGE!!!
- Oh, and #17 is still alive..
- It's now Goku (without Ultra Instinct), a battered #17 and Golden Freeza taking on Jiren.

End Scene
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:32 pm

I think we can say for certain MUI Goku > Jiren. Now and Jiren is weakened.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:33 pm

Holy shit. Mastered UI goku and jiren were fucking dead even. Jiren even Maneges to tag Goku. HOLY FUCKING HELL. Where are the people who said UI was invinsible :lol:

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:40 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:- Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren duke it out. And, obviously, Goku comes out on top and batters Jiren.
- Jiren remembers his past, and it triggers Jiren (literally) to power up
- Jiren (with his shirt ripped off for... reasons) is powered up and bulked up and fights Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku and it's fairly even.
- There then a beam struggle happens between the two of them... and Jiren wins
- Jiren (Powered Up For REAL) then starts to smack around Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku
- Goku seems down for the count but gets a second wind (naturally) and fights back to Jiren's frustration and shock
- Goku and Jiren duke it out and it appears dead even
- Goku then blasts Jiren with Kamehameha and appears to have Jiren at his mercy as Jiren is down for the count, but then...
- ULTRA INSTINCT BURNS OUT!! And Goku is down for the count.
- Jiren blasts Goku and Goku is going off the stage...
- BUT FREEZA MAKES THE SAVE AND BLASTS GOKU BACK ONTO THE STAGE!!!
- Oh, and #17 is still alive..
- It's now Goku (without Ultra Instinct), a battered #17 and Golden Freeza taking on Jiren.

End Scene
Episode 131 is going to be crazy!
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:42 pm

Btw, the preview for 130 made Goku look STUPIDLY good compared to jiren. Like, they were really bias.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:45 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Btw, the preview for 130 made Goku look STUPIDLY good compared to jiren. Like, they were really bias.
I've said this a millions times... wait for the damn episode. But everyone always loves jumping the gun even though thought they've been mislead some many times in the past.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:46 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Btw, the preview for 130 made Goku look STUPIDLY good compared to jiren. Like, they were really bias.
I've said this a millions times... wait for the damn episode. But everyone always loves jumping the gun even though thought they've been mislead some many times in the past.
I know, but wow. Even after MUI goku powered up from being battered, jiren was still dead as even, till the blast at the end.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:51 pm

[spoiler]It seemed to me that Jiren has the edge in raw power while Goku has superior speed and agility due to UI. Jiren was constantly being warn down while Goku kept going strong but at a cost, Goku's limit broken power helped him keep fighting without seeming to slow down but the second he reach his limit all the damage and fatigue hit his body at once. Or at least thats how it looked to me.

jiren little murderous outburst is possibly what saved him from a ring out as it forced Goku to waste valuable seconds.[/spoiler]

brett wheeler
Beyond Newbie

Post by brett wheeler » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:55 pm

yea main protag power is definitely thing, when they hype up fights they tend to hype it as goku is one shotting ( not really but ya know ), in terms of it the fight went more or less, goku > jiren, then jiren FP > goku, then threw friendship jiren = goku, then threw anger at the end its goku > jiren, a lot of this was each of them breaking limits to rival the next and fighting over ideals, actually a really great character development for jiren and goku so over all great fight.