Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by shadd21 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:09 am

Is Gogeta Blue below Beerus?

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:08 am

shadd21 wrote:Is Gogeta Blue below Beerus?
He's got to be, surely. From I have heard. SSJ Gogeta was fodderising Broly, who Goku said might be equal to Beerus

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:44 am

shadd21 wrote:Is Gogeta Blue below Beerus?
He's got to be, surely. From I have heard. SSJ Gogeta was fodderising Broly, who Goku said might be equal to Beerus
Wouldn’t that make him stronger than Beerus? :eh:

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:52 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
superfan2024 wrote:FT Arc Vegetto = Gogeta > Broly > Jiren > Beerus > Fused Zamasu

???
No. Current goku and vegeta are far superior to their FT saga selfs. At best, you can put FT arc vegito blue close to or at Lss broly, since both have in canon (tho one in manga and the other on movie) statements that are the same when compared to beerus. Ssb gogeta is cleanly superior to Lss Broly. UI goku and jiren dont have in canon statements comparing them to beerus. Merged zamasu is bottom of the barrel here.

It would be something like

Gogeta blue > Lss broly ~ FT Vegito Blue ~ Beerus ~ > UIGoku > Jiren > Merged Zamasu.
Yes, but because the Potara fusion is more stronger than the normal fusion dance, and because Goku and Vegeta have gotten stronger since the FT Arc, can't Vegetto Blue and Gogeta Blue roughly be around the same strength?

In Super's manga (which i'd site over the anime), Vegetto is easily whooping Fused Zamasu's ass. Regardless, we can't tell if Vegetto Blue is weaker than Green Broly but can only assume that he's around the same strength as post ToP Gogeta.

UI Goku can most likely pose a threat to Beerus, but it'd just make them equal or undecided (like what you did).

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:56 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Current SSJ Blue Gogeta >>> MAX Broly >>>>>> Jiren/MUI Goku. Based on the spoilers.
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Apperantly broly is te first ever antagonist to ne said to be at least as strong as beerus, and the statement about goku being almost a god seems to have been for UI being behind beerus still. Gogeta seems to be the first mortal evel to completely surpass hakaishin tier. Apperanrly he treated full power broly as bad as manga vegito did zamasu (of course it was blue gogeta)
Theres now spoilers that apperantly state that ssj (yes just ssj) gogeta was almost even with Full power broly, and that ssb was literally overkill. Broly couldnt even touch him.
Lord Beerus wrote:- Ultra Instinct, Kaioken Blue and SSJB Evoltuion make no appearance in the movie.
- SSJB Gogeta dominates LSSJ Broly in the film. **
- Broly fight Whis twice, and Whis just fucks around with Broly as Broly can't land a single punch on him.
- Gogeta uses SSJ before transforming into SSJB. And the fusion lasts for 30 minutes, apparently.
RecolorSaiyan wrote:He's got to be, surely. From I have heard. SSJ Gogeta was fodderising Broly, who Goku said might be equal to Beerus
So is this what we're doing now is it? Being a prick by openly saying exactly what happens in the movie? Not even bothering to use the spoiler tags that are clearly there to be used...for actual spoilers? How fucking insensitive is that? That the entire movie has to be spoiled for me and countless other people who will stumble into the thread just so you can ponder on who is stronger between Broly and Beerus because one thread wasn't enough.

I'd been wondering for months and was excited by the possibility of whether Ultra Instinct would appear again, well now I know. Saw that video had been uploaded by the money grabbing Geekdom about the spoilers but thought no why would I possibly want to watch that? Doesn't matter now does it?

Can someone post the script for the movie as well because I don't think it's been spoiled enough yet. Until we know word for word what gets said in the movie then we still risk the chance of being even remotely surprised by anything. We won't get to see the movie for another couple of months so there's plenty of time to spoil it for everyone completely so that there's no need to even go see it at all.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:12 am

Bullza wrote:So is this what we're doing now is it? Being a prick by openly saying exactly what happens in the movie? Not even bothering to use the spoiler tags that are clearly there to be used...for actual spoilers? How fucking insensitive is that? That the entire movie has to be spoiled for me and countless other people who will stumble into the thread just so you can ponder on who is stronger between Broly and Beerus because one thread wasn't enough.

I'd been wondering for months and was excited by the possibility of whether Ultra Instinct would appear again, well now I know. Saw that video had been uploaded by the money grabbing Geekdom about the spoilers but thought no why would I possibly want to watch that? Doesn't matter now does it?

Can someone post the script for the movie as well because I don't think it's been spoiled enough yet. Until we know word for word what gets said in the movie then we still risk the chance of being even remotely surprised by anything. We won't get to see the movie for another couple of months so there's plenty of time to spoil it for everyone completely so that there's no need to even go see it at all.
You owe it to yourself to avoid being spoiled. Nobody is going to hold your hand and point to the places where you can prevent certain plot details from being inadvertently revealed to you. There are many people who want to know what the plot of the movie is they can decide for themselves whether the premise of the film is enticing enough to watch, hence why many people openly state spoilers of the movie.

Geekdom101 isn't money grubbing, and nobody in this thread are prick for revealing information. You made the choice to go to prominot Dragon Ball Youtuber's page -- a Youtuber who's know for revealing candid insider information about Dragon Ball projects and warns you before revealing the information if you care that much about having it spoiled to you or not -- and you decided to come to a Dragon Ball forum where you knew the main discussions will be a recently released Dragon Ball movie that some fans or Dragon Ball will have watch and passed information about the plot to other Dragon Ball fans.

You made the decision to come on this Dragon Ball forum knowing the risks of how open this forum is with discussing the plot details of a recently released Dragon Ball movie and decided to venture to a prominent and well known Dragon Ball Youtuber who has insider sources, so you have no-one to really blame for being spoiled about certain details of the movie but yourself.

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:28 am

Take everything into account and you get:

UI Goku > Jiren > Beerus <=> Broly > Jiren < Beerus > UI Goku > Jiren

I don't wanna say retcon as I wanna wait for the retellings but I'm leaning that way

Also lets be real. That bit about Broly possibly being stronger is complete BS. We all know Beerus is stronger :lol:

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:35 am

Lord Beerus wrote:You owe it to yourself to avoid being spoiled. Nobody is going to hold your hand and point to the places where you can prevent certain plot details from being inadvertently revealed to you. There are many people who want to know what the plot of the movie is they can decide for themselves whether the premise of the film is enticing enough to watch, hence why many people openly state spoilers of the movie.
You are completely wrong on all of this. I didn't want to be spoiled and that is exactly why I decided to stay out of the movie thread where people are discussing the movie. Even though it's an entire month out I was fine from doing so.

But now the spoilers are in this thread, which is not the movie thread. I should not have to avoid the entire forum. There was a specific thread made for the movie, for people to talk about the movie, this thread is not that thread.

I never said I watched Geekdom's video, I saw that it was uploaded, I chose not to watch it for obvious reasons. Other people decided, fuck it I'm gonna watch it, fair enough but why are you giving spoilers about a movie that isn't released in this thread? If you know that they are spoilers and the site clearly has

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:48 am

I really don't know what to say here. We don't have a strict spoiler policy. We're an "anything and everything" website with timely coverage of the productions, and the community follows suit.

If you're intent on not knowing anything, you really need to go on total blackout, which includes not visiting the largest and longest-running website with one of the largest communities. Simultaneously, it would be really swell if people were thoughtful about what they were saying and how they were saying it in conjunction with where they're saying it.

That all being said, attitudes are pretty ridiculous here, so if you value your access to the website/forum/podcast/etc., tone it down.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:03 pm

Bullza wrote:You are completely wrong on all of this. I didn't want to be spoiled and that is exactly why I decided to stay out of the movie thread where people are discussing the movie. Even though it's an entire month out I was fine from doing so.

But now the spoilers are in this thread, which is not the movie thread. I should not have to avoid the entire forum. There was a specific thread made for the movie, for people to talk about the movie, this thread is not that thread.

I never said I watched Geekdom's video, I saw that it was uploaded, I chose not to watch it for obvious reasons. Other people decided, fuck it I'm gonna watch it, fair enough but why are you giving spoilers about a movie that isn't released in this thread? If you know that they are spoilers and the site clearly has
of covering them that even a child can use then why are not using them? Why are you not using a spoiler tag when mentioning spoilers in a thread outside of the dedicated movie thread?

Don't have the gall to blame me for your selfishness. I've gone on video game forums and movie forums for a specific title and people are still decent enough to use spoilers. This should be common sense and a bit of decency so yes it is absolutely a prick thing to do. Spoil whatever shit you want to in the movie thread, don't spoil it here, especially without using spoiler tags. Why I even need to explain this at all is laughable.
You've come to the Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion thread. Did it not occur to you that perhaps some people would be openly talking about plot details in a Dragon Ball Super movie? Plot details that have already been spread across the internet?

You could have easily avoided the Dragon Ball Super sub forum entirely. Yes, some people could have used the spoiler tag, but they're not at liberty to do so. Nobody is being selfish. It's up you to make the right decisions to prevent being spoiled about certain events in the movie, just as much as it's up to other people on the forum to decide whether they want to openly state the crucial plot details of a recently released Dragon Ball movie or keep them somewhat hidden. And not everyone on this forum, or in social media in general, will be as impartial as you would want.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:08 pm

Bullza wrote:Spoil whatever shit you want to in the movie thread, don't spoil it here, especially without using spoiler tags. Why I even need to explain this at all is laughable.
People always spoil here just like they do for every manga chapter, once the main manga thread shuts down.
It sucks but that is how it is. Cynical as it may be, it's wise not to trust everyone to hold themselves to the same level of decency as oneself.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:35 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I really don't know what to say here. We don't have a strict spoiler policy. We're an "anything and everything" website with timely coverage of the productions, and the community follows suit.
Unbelievable...I found this post of yours where you said this "Feel free to drop some conversation about NEPs in the respective episode discussion thread, and try to keep upcoming spoiler talk to its respective, dedicated thread."

So why does this somehow not apply now even when we have a dedicated thread for the movie just the same?

If we don't have a spoiler policy then what's the point in having a spoiler tag that's purpose is to cover up spoilers? What's to stop someone from making a thread titled "Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta wrecks Broly in the Dragon Ball Super Broly" then? I can see a thread called "(SPOILERS INSIDE) Will Kaioken Blue and/or Blue Evolution appear in the film?" so obviously it had to be noted there.

These are spoilers for the movie...we have a movie thread. Why do we have to have spoilers in other threads?
Lord Beerus wrote:Did it not occur to you that perhaps some people would be openly talking about plot details in a Dragon Ball Super movie? Plot details that have already been spread across the internet?

You could have easily avoided the Dragon Ball Super sub forum entirely. Yes, some people could have used the spoiler tag, but they're not at liberty to do so. Nobody is being selfish. It's up you to make the right decisions to prevent being spoiled about certain events in the movie, just as much as it's up to other people on the forum to decide whether they want to openly state the crucial plot details of a recently released Dragon Ball movie or keep them somewhat hidden. And not everyone on this forum, or in social media in general, will be as impartial as you would want.
It's not up to me that people such as yourself are spoiling the movie openly. You should know better than to talk about heavy spoilers for a movie that people won't see until January and not even have the decency to cover them up. Who the hell does something like that? I shouldn't have to avoid the sub forum. The spoilers are related to the movie so I stayed out of the movie thread. Now you've got to spread the spoilers around to other threads as well?

You are going into a separate thread from the movie thread, giving away heavy movie ruining spoilers and choosing not to use the spoiler tag even though you know full well that it exists for that sole purpose. That is very selfish.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:52 pm

Bullza wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:Current SSJ Blue Gogeta >>> MAX Broly >>>>>> Jiren/MUI Goku. Based on the spoilers.
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Apperantly broly is te first ever antagonist to ne said to be at least as strong as beerus, and the statement about goku being almost a god seems to have been for UI being behind beerus still. Gogeta seems to be the first mortal evel to completely surpass hakaishin tier. Apperanrly he treated full power broly as bad as manga vegito did zamasu (of course it was blue gogeta)
Theres now spoilers that apperantly state that ssj (yes just ssj) gogeta was almost even with Full power broly, and that ssb was literally overkill. Broly couldnt even touch him.
Lord Beerus wrote:- Ultra Instinct, Kaioken Blue and SSJB Evoltuion make no appearance in the movie.
- SSJB Gogeta dominates LSSJ Broly in the film. **
- Broly fight Whis twice, and Whis just fucks around with Broly as Broly can't land a single punch on him.
- Gogeta uses SSJ before transforming into SSJB. And the fusion lasts for 30 minutes, apparently.
RecolorSaiyan wrote:He's got to be, surely. From I have heard. SSJ Gogeta was fodderising Broly, who Goku said might be equal to Beerus
So is this what we're doing now is it? Being a prick by openly saying exactly what happens in the movie? Not even bothering to use the spoiler tags that are clearly there to be used...for actual spoilers? How fucking insensitive is that? That the entire movie has to be spoiled for me and countless other people who will stumble into the thread just so you can ponder on who is stronger between Broly and Beerus because one thread wasn't enough.

This is your own fault pal. If you don’t want to be spoiled than you shouldn’t come to a forum in the first place. You can’t expect everyone to put things into spoiler tags all the time just because someone else might take offensive of it. You signed up for this and knew beforehand that going on the internet and logging into a dragon ball forum would risk the possibility of seeing spoilers.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:06 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:This is your own fault pal. If you don’t want to be spoiled than you shouldn’t come to a forum in the first place.
That's not how that works. If only the people who want to be spoiled and know what happens are the only people who should come to the forum...then that defeats the entire purpose of what a spoiler is and what the spoiler tags are for.

You were the one who knew beforehand that the forum has a spoiler tag option which is used to hide spoilers and you chose to ignore it anyway.

You're telling people what happens in a movie that hasn't released yet in a thread that isn't about the movie without tagging it. You're ruining a movie for people that they have possibly looked forward to for months just because you are too selfish to spend one second to click on the spoiler tag.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:15 pm

Beerus' constant change in power is hilarious at this point.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:20 pm

Honestly how many times this guy should have been "surpassed" ... I wouldn't be surprised "he is much stronger than everybody thought at the end" becomes a long-running gag.
Any declaration concerning the exact powerlevel of Beerus i'll take with a gramme of salt, untill we see him in action again.
Last edited by Mister_Popo on Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:33 pm

I've just read the synopsis on Naruto forums, where does it state that MUI Goku is beneath Beerus?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:59 pm

The "spoilers" for individual Super episodes were a result of coordinated crime rings distributing stolen merchandise to people who enter into agreements with them. We do not participate in this and in general have asked our community to avoid doing so.

The Dragon Ball Super movie exists and has seen its debut public screening.

Again, be at least somewhat thoughtful about what you're discussing and where. I think this approaches reasonable.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:20 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:Honestly how many times this guy should have been "surpassed" ... I wouldn't be surprised "he is much stronger than everybody thought at the end" becomes a long-running gag.
Any declaration concerning the exact powerlevel of Beerus i'll take with a gramme of salt, untill we see him in action again.
Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:Beerus' constant change in power is hilarious at this point.
Beerus is Goku's benchmark. The story has them set up for a prophetic showdown by the oracle fish.

Beerus won't be surpassed until the end.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:22 pm

shadd21 wrote:I've just read the synopsis on Naruto forums, where does it state that MUI Goku is beneath Beerus?
Nowhere.

But since Broly might be stronger than Beerus, and is already beyond Jiren (same league as Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku), then that would put Beerus above them. Beerus' level still sounds like the standard in Goku's eyes.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~