Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Bergamo » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:49 pm

Bullza wrote:
1345521 wrote:But this notion of ssj cabba and cualifa being god tier is just so unfounded, and highly unbeleivable.
If it makes you feel better, neither were God Tier for the time they appeared. As was shown in the manga, Super Saiyan Cabba wasnt nearly as strong as Super Saiyan God Goku. Super Saiyan Caulifla was not as strong as Super Saiyan God Goku either.

They would just be stronger than Super Saiyan God in the Battle of Gods saga. We saw in that saga that Goku kept growing stronger and stronger as the fight went on. I think he powered up in the form about five or six times.

So if anything, Cabba and Caulifla would only be stronger than the in progress Super Saiyan God. Not the more sustained one.
It dosen't even have blood and its a fighting show.

I saw blood in a episode recently, when Goku Black stabs Vegeta through the chest.
Skar wrote:Base Vegeta vs SSJ3 Gotenks was anime-only so that goes back to the question if that was a screw-up or some characters like Cabba were intended to be God tier and so millions of times stronger than their manga counterparts.
I doubt it's a screw up because they had Goku fighting Beerus a couple episodes before it. They also made it seem like Base Future Trunks was stronger than Super Saiyan Kid Trunks a whole bunch of episodes after.

Why can't Cabba be the same strength in the manga and the anime?
CJStriker_CBR wrote:Honestly it is hard to say, really the best way to go by is Ribrianne at her best in episode 102 to 103, in her Base form she could Tank SSJ-1 pretty Nicely. So Ribrianne in Giant Form in 117 I don't know if she was at fully strength, was tired, Doubted herself or something around those lines, but my guess, just low-balling it here, I say that fight was on an SSJ-3 to Red-God Tier Level Most Likely. So if the Power-Up of Love 18 got in episode 117 stayed constant from now on, I say she is in that range now
I can't remember the full details of what happened now and it's something I'll eventually get to when I rewatch that part of the series in time but she did fight with Base Goku and ended up transforming and then got kicked around by Base Vegeta.

I can't even remember what happened with Android 18 now.
In the manga, Super Saiyan Cabbe is not God level.

In the manga Goku never absorbed God powers into his base.

Also, SS2 Goku = SS2 Trunks >= Dabura
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:20 pm

Bullza wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:Honestly it is hard to say, really the best way to go by is Ribrianne at her best in episode 102 to 103, in her Base form she could Tank SSJ-1 pretty Nicely. So Ribrianne in Giant Form in 117 I don't know if she was at fully strength, was tired, Doubted herself or something around those lines, but my guess, just low-balling it here, I say that fight was on an SSJ-3 to Red-God Tier Level Most Likely. So if the Power-Up of Love 18 got in episode 117 stayed constant from now on, I say she is in that range now
I can't remember the full details of what happened now and it's something I'll eventually get to when I rewatch that part of the series in time but she did fight with Base Goku and ended up transforming and then got kicked around by Base Vegeta.

I can't even remember what happened with Android 18 now.
I would Highly Recommend going back and Refreshing on those Episodes in seeing what you think about them and the Views stated here on the Happenings in them, be curious to hear your views and talk about them with you Bullza. :)

I remember all the moments, talks and debates I had with My Fellow DB fans Moment~BY~Episode Moment of Ribrianne/Brianne's story threw-out the ToP. When the Base Goku fight happen, it started briefly in Episode 107, but got into Fully-Swing in episode 108 and at the start of 109/The Special, it was an Amazing Fight and Goku in his Own Words had HIGH Respect and was Impressed with Ribrianne's Level of Power! However as me and others said we could not understand why he was just in Base Form Goku?! :eh:

We theorized either they where both just playing around, cause episodes 102-103 had only just happen and Ribrianne clearly showed she as FAR more Powerful then Base form. No Fan, Especially a Vegeta Fan would say Goku Base is Stronger then SSJ-1 Vegeta or 17 Fighter at his hardest at that point against someone in the ToP was weaker then Base Goku. :|

So it really just seemed, like allot of what was happening in the ToP, that Toei's Writing just Bloody Screwed Up or did not keep track of the happens of previous episodes or really did not care to show Goku in his Multi-Formed hairstyles like they should have to Match the Respectful Dialgue that was being said about Ribrianne. Heck, Goku went Blue to Knock out Super Ribrianne and did not damage to her, so their is something their that is Truly Great about Ribrianne, but Toei just lost focus in building to that moment, that is my best theory for the later episodes.

If you just go by the Dialogue of Episode 108, what Goku, Universe 8's GoD Liquiir and his Supreme Kai Iru where saying, Ribrianne was in Impressive Fighter with High Levels of Power and Skill! :angel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdwDVOXzLl4
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:51 pm

Bergamo wrote:In the manga, Super Saiyan Cabbe is not God level.

These three are all iffy. In the manga, Super Saiyan Cabba was as strong as Super Saiyan Goku just as he is in the anime. That Super Saiyan Goku was stronger than Super Saiyan God Goku who fought Beerus but how do we know it doesn't go

Super Saiyan God (U6) > Super Saiyan (U6) > Super Saiyan (BoG) = Super Saiyan God (BoG) ?

We don't know that Goku never absorbed the God powers. They never said one way or the other. The manga was too brief and they skipped over the next saga where it played a part.

Super Saiyan 2 Trunks wasn't only a tad above Dabura but this was also before Goku Black appeared and a few years before he returned to the present. So again we don't know how much he powered up after that. Clearly he at least powered up significantly enough to be equal to a Whis trained Super Saiyan 3 Goku.

So at the least he'd be >= Kid Buu nevermind Dabura.
CJStriker_CBR wrote:I would Highly Recommend going back and Refreshing on those Episodes in seeing what you think about them and the Views stated here on the Happenings in them, be curious to hear your views and talk about them with you Bullza.
Well it'll be a bit because I've been going through it as the DVDs have been coming out, trying to figure it from a clear perspective for the time.

I remember Ribrianne clashed with Android 17 and Super Saiyan Vegeta and then she seemed to go to clashing with Base Goku and Vegeta. I recall she came out with a butterfly form at which point she seemed to have an edge in Goku and then there was the more powerful Giant form but that was done in by Android 18.

In the manga I think she was stronger than Android 18 but her mood affected her and it's why she lost.

Yeah though I remember the fox being impressed enough that they though she could win. Maybe the emotions thing played a part in the anime but I don't remember anything like that being said.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:36 am

Bullza wrote:
These three are all iffy. In the manga, Super Saiyan Cabba was as strong as Super Saiyan Goku just as he is in the anime. That Super Saiyan Goku was stronger than Super Saiyan God Goku who fought Beerus but how do we know it doesn't go

Super Saiyan God (U6) > Super Saiyan (U6) > Super Saiyan (BoG) = Super Saiyan God (BoG) ?
Goku in the manga never fought Beerus as a ssj. He fought him as SsG, then it disappeared and the fight was over.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:03 am

Bullza wrote:
Bergamo wrote:In the manga, Super Saiyan Cabbe is not God level.

We don't know that Goku never absorbed the God powers. They never said one way or the other. The manga was too brief and they skipped over the next saga where it played a part.

Super Saiyan 2 Trunks wasn't only a tad above Dabura but this was also before Goku Black appeared and a few years before he returned to the present. So again we don't know how much he powered up after that. Clearly he at least powered up significantly enough to be equal to a Whis trained Super Saiyan 3 Goku.

So at the least he'd be >= Kid Buu nevermind Dabura.
CJStriker_CBR wrote:I would Highly Recommend going back and Refreshing on those Episodes in seeing what you think about them and the Views stated here on the Happenings in them, be curious to hear your views and talk about them with you Bullza.
Well it'll be a bit because I've been going through it as the DVDs have been coming out, trying to figure it from a clear perspective for the time.

I remember Ribrianne clashed with Android 17 and Super Saiyan Vegeta and then she seemed to go to clashing with Base Goku and Vegeta. I recall she came out with a butterfly form at which point she seemed to have an edge in Goku and then there was the more powerful Giant form but that was done in by Android 18.

In the manga I think she was stronger than Android 18 but her mood affected her and it's why she lost.

Yeah though I remember the fox being impressed enough that they though she could win. Maybe the emotions thing played a part in the anime but I don't remember anything like that being said.
I don't think you understand burden of proof. Goku is never shown absorbing SSG, so if you want to state that he did absorb it than YOU need to present proof.

Piccolo was shown to be a little weaker than SS1 Goku, which is consistent with the Cell/Buu saga power levels.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:23 am

The way I see it for the anime. Anyone above ssj1 Goku is stronger than ssg BoG Goku. Only exception is ep 75 ssj Gohan and Bergamo(since he was stealing Goku's power).

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:04 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:With the timeline putting the meeting with Uub in about 3 years in-universe, how strong do people have base Goku and raged-out Uub, based on current information that DBS has given us?
Equal to base Goku in the Buu arc. The Super manga heavily implies that they don't power up outside of new forms anymore.
I don't know. With Uub being Pure Buu's reincarnation, you'd think he'd be able to at least bring out power close to what Goku faced once before from his old foe.

Not to mention that Goku should be a LOT stronger than before without counting new forms, even if some people don't believe it's as high as others think.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:20 am

Bergamo wrote:I don't think you understand burden of proof. Goku is never shown absorbing SSG, so if you want to state that he did absorb it than YOU need to present proof.
Why does it seem like everyone is saying that recently? I never even said it was a 100% fact that he did in the first place.

It was a thing in the movie and it was a thing in the anime. We see that the events of Resurrection F were the same in the manga. You'd think the same would be true for this. No they didn't say it in the manga, obviously there would have been no time for it anyway. They had one 19 page chapter that covered the whole fight and epilogue, not enough time to have Goku revert, have an explanation and then keep fighting to show it.
Piccolo was shown to be a little weaker than SS1 Goku, which is consistent with the Cell/Buu saga power levels.
Piccolo was never only a little weaker than Super Saiyan Goku. He was enormously weaker. Where was this even shown? Goku walked all over Frost. Piccolo had no choice but to stay in the air on the defensive against him.

Piccolo was struggling against the scrubs from Universe 9. Frost had them run away in fear and Frieza still said he wasn't a match for Goku. They're nowhere close to each other.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:16 pm

Bullza wrote:
Bergamo wrote:I don't think you understand burden of proof. Goku is never shown absorbing SSG, so if you want to state that he did absorb it than YOU need to present proof.
Why does it seem like everyone is saying that recently? I never even said it was a 100% fact that he did in the first place.

It was a thing in the movie and it was a thing in the anime. We see that the events of Resurrection F were the same in the manga. You'd think the same would be true for this. No they didn't say it in the manga, obviously there would have been no time for it anyway. They had one 19 page chapter that covered the whole fight and epilogue, not enough time to have Goku revert, have an explanation and then keep fighting to show it.
Piccolo was never only a little weaker than Super Saiyan Goku. He was enormously weaker. Where was this even shown? Goku walked all over Frost. Piccolo had no choice but to stay in the air on the defensive against him.

Piccolo was struggling against the scrubs from Universe 9. Frost had them run away in fear and Frieza still said he wasn't a match for Goku. They're nowhere close to each other.
The point is that
Base Goku<Piccolo<SS1 Goku

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:28 pm

Bergamo wrote:Base Goku<Piccolo<SS1 Goku
Do we know that though? Is there anything truly concrete that suggests that?

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:43 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:With the timeline putting the meeting with Uub in about 3 years in-universe, how strong do people have base Goku and raged-out Uub, based on current information that DBS has given us?
Oob should be the same as Pure Boo.

I have base Goku around Evil Boo [Gohan absorbed] by the ToP. Who knows where he would end up being after the movie or a new series.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:49 pm

RoF ssj gohan should be even weaker than his ssj grade 4 self from the cell games right? If his body had gotten so weak that he couldn't even maintain the form for very long compared to at age 10, ssj had basically become fully natural for him

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:37 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:RoF ssj gohan should be even weaker than his ssj grade 4 self from the cell games right? If his body had gotten so weak that he couldn't even maintain the form for very long compared to at age 10, ssj had basically become fully natural for him
It makes the form more of strain, but that doesn't necessity mean a decrease in overall power. Goku was running on fumes for the last half of the TOP, yet his power wasn't drastically decreased.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:03 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:At no point did I argue that Toei (initially, at least) never intended Goku to have the power of Super Saiyan God as a Super Saiyan in the first arc. I'm talking about what they intended in the Universe Survival arc, and I'm going over what they specifically established during the exhibition match. A direct statement doesn't suddenly mean something different just because you want to believe a single scene in BoG applies to Toei's intent for the entire rest of the series.
I don't even know what you think even indicates the authorial change in the first place. You seem to think that Goku as a Super Saiyan God/Super Saiyan post ritual was supposed to be at the "level of the gods" but then later only upon going SSB was Goku at the "level of the gods", but you appear to be confused because this is patently not the case. When Goku aborbed SSG and was as strong as SSG and then stronger than it as a SSJ, he wasn't at the level of the gods then either. We know this because almost immediately after this was established in episodes 13/14, Vegeta is stated by Goku to have ki that is "unrecognizable from the level on Earth", and possibly surpassed this Goku, who had just been established to be stronger than SSG, Whis expresses how much progress Goku and Vegeta have made in the time he has trained them, and yet that they are still not at the level of the gods. Whis literally says that Goku/Vegeta are akin to a tree and the level of the gods is the castle. Goku absorbed SSG, surpassed SSG as a SSJ, and then trained with Whis and got stronger and was still stated to be absolutely nothing to the level of the Gods. (Prior to their achieving SSB) So Goku post-SSG was NEVER "at the level of the gods" so there is not a contradiction, the literal opposite was stated. So you are mistaken when you seem to think that this "level of the Gods" was expressed to be BoG SSG at one point but at SSB at another point, and so a retcon is needed to reconcile this.

But let's just pretend that your entire argument didn't rest on an uninformed premise. ONE statement would not have been enough to invalidate literally everything that had been established up to that point.
Your whole premise operates on the notion that an authorial change within the anime is impossible at the outset, which automatically trivializes your attempt to prove that it couldn't happen because you're basing everything around your initial conclusion. That's called begging the question, which is circular reasoning. It's also not objective.
Not sure how you came to this conclusion. You accuse me of circular reasoning because I am not using one misinterpretation to rationalize the entire foundation of the power scaling turning on it's head. I never said nor implied that it is impossible for an authorial change to occur, it is just that there is no evidence of one to begin with.
No, I'm backing it up by taking the facts exactly as they're presented instead of picking and choosing the facts that cater to my preconceptions, while also recognizing that certain ideas in the anime can conflict with each other. It's not rocket science.
You're not doing that at all. You are literally "picking and choosing the facts" because you conveniently ignore everything that corroborates what happened in episodes 13/14 because of one statement that you seem to think contradicts the premise. You only consider things that align with your flawed idea that the anime and manga MUST have similar power scaling as though it is impossible for them to be independent of each other based on the differences in Toei and Toyotaro's interpretations of AT's story. And yes, obviously things in the anime can conflict with each other and that must be recognized but this is not an example of that.
Skar wrote: Would the idea that Base Goku was thousands or millions of times stronger than SSJ Gohan but decided to turn SSJ then hold back to less than .1% of his power count as headcanon?
I never claimed to have some kind of exact quantity to how much Goku was suppressed. I recognize that Goku admitted to be holding back/testing Gohan, and we receive no indication that this has changed. We know Gohan was suppressed, but any anything further is conjecture. Obviously Goku and Gohan fighting evenly while Gohan accuses Goku of holding back and he admits to it, we know Goku is stronger than Gohan in equivalent forms. I Again, I never claimed that it was undeniable fact that Goku was using less than .1% of his power nor did I ever make that assertion in the first place.
Skar wrote: Would the idea that SSJ God had a different power-up/multiplier after he started using it again count as headcanon?
Yes. I open acknowledge that this was head canon. It is a logical deduction from what we know, however it is still head canon. But what is the alternative? The options to reconcile that scene are to say:

1. "LOL DBS power scaling sucks bro. It is so stupid"
2. "Kefla has a massively more potent fusion than Vegetto for no reason"
3. "Goku was already stated to have made the SSG power his own, so using it again doesn't yield the same boost as it did before."

I see option #3 to be the best option even if it is head canon.
Would the idea that characters like base Cabba and Trunks were intended to be vastly stronger than their manga counterparts count as headcanon?
No. It is an obvious implication from Goku "absorbing" SSG in the anime and not the manga. Goku retained the level of power of SSG as a SSJ in the anime but not the manga. This difference is naturally going to have the consequence of characters be different levels of power in relation to their Z/Buu arc counterparts. We see this in that Base Goku>SSJ3 Gotenks in the Potafu arc and Goku is thoroughly impressed by Buu getting strong enough through training to even compete with his Base form. Meanwhile, Goku in the manga is impressed that Trunks was able to surpass Cell Games SSJ2 Gohan. The SSJ3 Gotenks, Buu, Final Form Freeza scene, and Base Goku vs Beerus scene all occur in the anime and not the manga. I don't think that is some kind of weird coincidence that all of the scenes where the Base Saiyans are portrayed as being super powerful are only in the anime. It is absolutely not head canon.
That's fine if you don't want to speculate what Toei's writers intended but I think its important to differentiate between headcanon and what they intended when claiming this is what the story is trying to tell us
But we don't know what was intended. We don't have the writers in front of us to explain what exactly they meant by any particular scene that may remotely be open to interpretation. It is pointless to speculate about their intentions.
It doesn't make sense to me that someone could argue that base Cabba or Future Trunks are capable of a similar feat and coming up with headcanon to cover the rest while complaining about GT. I didn't like GT much or think it was very consistent to begin with but I just found it less confusing.
Nobody is claiming Base Cabba could replicate that feat. Or at least not me or Bullza are arguing that. Goku retained the power of SSG as a SSJ. His Base was not stronger than SSG. In the anime, anybody stronger than current SSJ Goku should be able to easily replicate that feat though because by this time current SSJ Goku is far beyond BoG SSG considering all of the training/strength gains he has made since his SSJ was equal to BoG SSG.
buutenks wrote:The way I see it for the anime. Anyone above ssj1 Goku is stronger than ssg BoG Goku. Only exception is ep 75 ssj Gohan and Bergamo(since he was stealing Goku's power).
I definitely think that is the most reasonable way to view it.

Yeah ep 75 Gohan is weird. I don't think it was made clear enough that Goku was suppressed.
Brettjr25 wrote:
Who knows, DBS keeps having Goku increase exponentially between Super and EOZ that he can end up Zeno level but they can always make it believable fight given that the fact that ROF gave us the plot point that people born with super powerful power levels can increase them up to God levels easily. If 100% Freeza can become easily as strong as SSB so shortly than base Pure Buu power level should be easily able to surpass SSB. So it shouldn't be a shock that Rage UUB could be on Base Goku's level what ever that ends up as.
I agree 100%. The fact that we are given the plot point of being born at a certain super high power level without training can yield massive power increases easily if they do train, allows for plenty of wiggle room for Uub.
ZombieVito wrote: I have base Goku around Evil Boo [Gohan absorbed] by the ToP.
could you elaborate please? I don't see how he could be that weak.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:17 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Marlowe89 wrote:At no point did I argue that Toei (initially, at least) never intended Goku to have the power of Super Saiyan God as a Super Saiyan in the first arc. I'm talking about what they intended in the Universe Survival arc, and I'm going over what they specifically established during the exhibition match. A direct statement doesn't suddenly mean something different just because you want to believe a single scene in BoG applies to Toei's intent for the entire rest of the series.
I don't even know what you think even indicates the authorial change in the first place. You seem to think that Goku as a Super Saiyan God/Super Saiyan post ritual was supposed to be at the "level of the gods" but then later only upon going SSB was Goku at the "level of the gods", but you appear to be confused because this is patently not the case. When Goku aborbed SSG and was as strong as SSG and then stronger than it as a SSJ, he wasn't at the level of the gods then either. We know this because almost immediately after this was established in episodes 13/14, Vegeta is stated by Goku to have ki that is "unrecognizable from the level on Earth", and possibly surpassed this Goku, who had just been established to be stronger than SSG, Whis expresses how much progress Goku and Vegeta have made in the time he has trained them, and yet that they are still not at the level of the gods. Whis literally says that Goku/Vegeta are akin to a tree and the level of the gods is the castle. Goku absorbed SSG, surpassed SSG as a SSJ, and then trained with Whis and got stronger and was still stated to be absolutely nothing to the level of the Gods. (Prior to their achieving SSB) So Goku post-SSG was NEVER "at the level of the gods" so there is not a contradiction, the literal opposite was stated. So you are mistaken when you seem to think that this "level of the Gods" was expressed to be BoG SSG at one point but at SSB at another point, and so a retcon is needed to reconcile this.

But let's just pretend that your entire argument didn't rest on an uninformed premise. ONE statement would not have been enough to invalidate literally everything that had been established up to that point.
Your whole premise operates on the notion that an authorial change within the anime is impossible at the outset, which automatically trivializes your attempt to prove that it couldn't happen because you're basing everything around your initial conclusion. That's called begging the question, which is circular reasoning. It's also not objective.
Not sure how you came to this conclusion. You accuse me of circular reasoning because I am not using one misinterpretation to rationalize the entire foundation of the power scaling turning on it's head. I never said nor implied that it is impossible for an authorial change to occur, it is just that there is no evidence of one to begin with.
No, I'm backing it up by taking the facts exactly as they're presented instead of picking and choosing the facts that cater to my preconceptions, while also recognizing that certain ideas in the anime can conflict with each other. It's not rocket science.
You're not doing that at all. You are literally "picking and choosing the facts" because you conveniently ignore everything that corroborates what happened in episodes 13/14 because of one statement that you seem to think contradicts the premise. You only consider things that align with your flawed idea that the anime and manga MUST have similar power scaling as though it is impossible for them to be independent of each other based on the differences in Toei and Toyotaro's interpretations of AT's story. And yes, obviously things in the anime can conflict with each other and that must be recognized but this is not an example of that.
Skar wrote: Would the idea that Base Goku was thousands or millions of times stronger than SSJ Gohan but decided to turn SSJ then hold back to less than .1% of his power count as headcanon?
I never claimed to have some kind of exact quantity to how much Goku was suppressed. I recognize that Goku admitted to be holding back/testing Gohan, and we receive no indication that this has changed. We know Gohan was suppressed, but any anything further is conjecture. Obviously Goku and Gohan fighting evenly while Gohan accuses Goku of holding back and he admits to it, we know Goku is stronger than Gohan in equivalent forms. I Again, I never claimed that it was undeniable fact that Goku was using less than .1% of his power nor did I ever make that assertion in the first place.
Skar wrote: Would the idea that SSJ God had a different power-up/multiplier after he started using it again count as headcanon?
Yes. I open acknowledge that this was head canon. It is a logical deduction from what we know, however it is still head canon. But what is the alternative? The options to reconcile that scene are to say:

1. "LOL DBS power scaling sucks bro. It is so stupid"
2. "Kefla has a massively more potent fusion than Vegetto for no reason"
3. "Goku was already stated to have made the SSG power his own, so using it again doesn't yield the same boost as it did before."

I see option #3 to be the best option even if it is head canon.
Would the idea that characters like base Cabba and Trunks were intended to be vastly stronger than their manga counterparts count as headcanon?
No. It is an obvious implication from Goku "absorbing" SSG in the anime and not the manga. Goku retained the level of power of SSG as a SSJ in the anime but not the manga. This difference is naturally going to have the consequence of characters be different levels of power in relation to their Z/Buu arc counterparts. We see this in that Base Goku>SSJ3 Gotenks in the Potafu arc and Goku is thoroughly impressed by Buu getting strong enough through training to even compete with his Base form. Meanwhile, Goku in the manga is impressed that Trunks was able to surpass Cell Games SSJ2 Gohan. The SSJ3 Gotenks, Buu, Final Form Freeza scene, and Base Goku vs Beerus scene all occur in the anime and not the manga. I don't think that is some kind of weird coincidence that all of the scenes where the Base Saiyans are portrayed as being super powerful are only in the anime. It is absolutely not head canon.
That's fine if you don't want to speculate what Toei's writers intended but I think its important to differentiate between headcanon and what they intended when claiming this is what the story is trying to tell us
But we don't know what was intended. We don't have the writers in front of us to explain what exactly they meant by any particular scene that may remotely be open to interpretation. It is pointless to speculate about their intentions.
It doesn't make sense to me that someone could argue that base Cabba or Future Trunks are capable of a similar feat and coming up with headcanon to cover the rest while complaining about GT. I didn't like GT much or think it was very consistent to begin with but I just found it less confusing.
Nobody is claiming Base Cabba could replicate that feat. Or at least not me or Bullza are arguing that. Goku retained the power of SSG as a SSJ. His Base was not stronger than SSG. In the anime, anybody stronger than current SSJ Goku should be able to easily replicate that feat though because by this time current SSJ Goku is far beyond BoG SSG considering all of the training/strength gains he has made since his SSJ was equal to BoG SSG.
buutenks wrote:The way I see it for the anime. Anyone above ssj1 Goku is stronger than ssg BoG Goku. Only exception is ep 75 ssj Gohan and Bergamo(since he was stealing Goku's power).
I definitely think that is the most reasonable way to view it.

Yeah ep 75 Gohan is weird. I don't think it was made clear enough that Goku was suppressed.
Brettjr25 wrote:
Who knows, DBS keeps having Goku increase exponentially between Super and EOZ that he can end up Zeno level but they can always make it believable fight given that the fact that ROF gave us the plot point that people born with super powerful power levels can increase them up to God levels easily. If 100% Freeza can become easily as strong as SSB so shortly than base Pure Buu power level should be easily able to surpass SSB. So it shouldn't be a shock that Rage UUB could be on Base Goku's level what ever that ends up as.
I agree 100%. The fact that we are given the plot point of being born at a certain super high power level without training can yield massive power increases easily if they do train, allows for plenty of wiggle room for Uub.
ZombieVito wrote: I have base Goku around Evil Boo [Gohan absorbed] by the ToP.
could you elaborate please? I don't see how he could be that weak.
75 isn't odd at all since Goku and Gohan were play fighting with Gohan being Great Saiyanman. Not sure why people take it as more than that?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:09 pm

I usually like to think that Goku is around as strong as base Vegito, maybe a bit more, and likely won't grow much beyond this in his normal forms.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:18 pm

So today's question, one that I know has caused confusion before...how is it that Super Saiyan Blue Goku would seem to be just as strong as Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta at the end of the Future Trunks saga?

Goku raged and had a power up that allowed him to beat up Goku Black. Goku Black had a Zenkai and had a power up that allowed him to beat up Goku. Vegeta trained in the Rosat and had a power up that allowed him to beat up Goku Black.

Yet Goku was every bit as strong as Vegeta even though he should be behind and he didn't do any training except learn the Mafuba.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:22 pm

Bullza wrote:So today's question, one that I know has caused confusion before...how is it that Super Saiyan Blue Goku would seem to be just as strong as Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta at the end of the Future Trunks saga?

Goku raged and had a power up that allowed him to beat up Goku Black. Goku Black had a Zenkai and had a power up that allowed him to beat up Goku. Vegeta trained in the Rosat and had a power up that allowed him to beat up Goku Black.

Yet Goku was every bit as strong as Vegeta even though he should be behind and he didn't do any training except learn the Mafuba.
Uhm, Goku didn't get a rage boost, cause i don't think it was stated.

Black did say Goku would come back stronger just before the final battle. Hence why he did beter than Trunks and Vegeta combo against merged Zamas.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:25 pm

Bullza wrote:So today's question, one that I know has caused confusion before...how is it that Super Saiyan Blue Goku would seem to be just as strong as Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta at the end of the Future Trunks saga?

Well, maybe these power-ups weren't as dramatically large as their performance would suggest. For example, rather than 50%-2 times stronger, it could be as low as 10 or 20%.

As well, there weren't any situations where Goku and Vegeta had completely direct power comparisons following Vegeta's domination of Goku Black. The first instance, Goku Black sicced his gas clones which overwhelmed Goku and Vegeta with numbers and weird properties, then there was Merged Zamasu who physically manhandled both of them at the same time, and then Goku pushed himself to his absolute limits with a Full-Power Kamehameha and Kaio-ken while Vegeta had Future Trunks's support and didn't strain himself from overcharging his Galick Gun.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:53 pm

Miracles wrote:

Uhm, Goku didn't get a rage boost, cause i don't think it was stated.

Black did say Goku would come back stronger just before the final battle. Hence why he did beter than Trunks and Vegeta combo against merged Zamas.
Goku clearly got a rage boost. A statement isnt necessary. Not sure if it was a permanent rage boost, but it was a rage boost.

He figured Goku would be stronger but that doesnt mean Vegeta didnt also get stronger. This isnt a real rationalization as to why Goku did better in the beam struggle against Merged Zamasu