Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:25 pm

I'm gonna take a guess and say the script said something like : "Broly unleashes all his power and gains an upperhand on super saiyan gogeta, in response gogeta also powers up/transforms and proceeds to gain the advantage on Broly and ultimately has him on the brink of defeat"

Then we get Broly going ssfp and gogeta going blue instead of say ssj2 or ssg since that is one way to interpret the above

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:30 am

Loved reading the interviews on the site, and I've gotta say that I would've loved to see them fighting in space, and fighting on the surface of the sun. Shame that didn't make it in due to time restraints.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:14 am

Nothing to really be gleaned in terms of strength beyond Broly being a bit of a tough nut to crack from the translations.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:42 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:If Beerus can destroy 1 or 2 universes, than the Grand Priest can most certainly erase all 12 just like Zeno. You have no idea how mighty and all powerful the Grand Priest really is. This dude makes all 12 of his children look like nobodies.
The thing is, Hakai is useless against Infinite Zamasu and it's not the same as Zeno's erase technique.

GP would have to know Zeno's erase technique to beat him and I really doubt he does.
Hugo Boss wrote:I compliment Gohan for what he accomplished in the last arc, but considering he did so poorly in the other arcs, his growth in less than 5 hours is ridiculous. With this level of training, he could have fought Beerus, Golden Freeza, Hit and Goku Black. Give him an entire day and he might be able to challenge even Jiren.
My theory is that Gohan got that strong because he somewhat improved his Ultimate form by fighting Goku.

Similar to how Vegeta improved Blue while fighting Jiren.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:52 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:If Beerus can destroy 1 or 2 universes, than the Grand Priest can most certainly erase all 12 just like Zeno. You have no idea how mighty and all powerful the Grand Priest really is. This dude makes all 12 of his children look like nobodies.
The thing is, Hakai is useless against Infinite Zamasu and it's not the same as Zeno's erase technique.

GP would have to know Zeno's erase technique to beat him and I really doubt he does.
I mean, let me put it to you this way, if ANYONE can do it besides the Omni-King, Grand Priest would be the most likely candidate!

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:12 am

Angels and gods can destroy stuff, but accounting they can’t destroy Zamas, they can still seal him away. Pretty sure Whis’ father could pull that alone.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:21 am

You people keep claiming that the Grand Priest could easily erase Infinite Zamasu, yet I didn't see the Future Grand Priest do anything against him. Plot hole or...?
Hugo Boss wrote:Angels and gods can destroy stuff, but accounting they can’t destroy Zamas, they can still seal him away. Pretty sure Whis’ father could pull that alone.
You can't seal the entire multiverse.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:40 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:You people keep claiming that the Grand Priest could easily erase Infinite Zamasu, yet I didn't see the Future Grand Priest do anything against him. Plot hole or...?
Hugo Boss wrote:Angels and gods can destroy stuff, but accounting they can’t destroy Zamas, they can still seal him away. Pretty sure Whis’ father could pull that alone.
You can't seal the entire multiverse.
No, YOU can't. The GP can wipe the floor with his 12 children, him not being around or even caring about the status of the multiverse is not evidence that he cannot deal with that threat. It might even mean that this isn't a real threat to him. After all, Zeno did erase it because he didn't like it, not because he felt threatened or cornered. What makes you think the GP cannot use the universe-board the Zenos play with? they literally have interactive boards of universes, he probably is the keeper of that board and the one that provides it to Zeno with perhaps updates even. I might even wonder if it wasn't built by the GP himself.
They give whole universes to what the GP are like house cats, Beerus is a house cat next to the GP. Can we really think he cannot deal with the pet's toy going crazy?

Also, multiverse? hardly the same universe (at best a solar system at the time of it's death) and it's timelines. Actually it seems like it merged through another timeline following the rip made by the Time Machine that Black followed with his ring, it just leaked through.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:40 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:You people keep claiming that the Grand Priest could easily erase Infinite Zamasu, yet I didn't see the Future Grand Priest do anything against him. Plot hole or...?
The Future Grand Priest didn't do anything to stop Goku Black either... Are you telling me he can't beat Goku Black?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:43 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
The Future Grand Priest didn't do anything to stop Goku Black either... Are you telling me he can't beat Goku Black?
Except that Goku Black wasn't a cosmic threat like Infinite Zamasu who would require the attention of one of the five most powerful fighters in the multiverse bar Zeno himself.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:15 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Except that Goku Black wasn't a cosmic threat like Infinite Zamasu who would require the attention of one of the five most powerful fighters in the multiverse bar Zeno himself.
Maybe he didn't realize it was happening? Not to mention he wasn't a cosmic threat in the manga, meaning it likely wasn't part of Toriyama's notes, hence why the Grand Priest wouldn't be written into the story.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:16 pm

Maybe he didn't realize it was happening?
Then he's an idiot, plain and simple. You don't miss a rogue God merging with the very fabric of the cosmos and expanding throughout the universes.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:22 pm

All I'll say on the subject of Zen-Oh and the Grand Priest is that they never gave me the same vibe the GoD and their Angel's do. They feel like a blend of student/master, servant/lord and work colleges.

The Grand Priest feels more like a baby sitter at time.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:08 pm

Plot reasons.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:36 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: You can't seal the entire multiverse.
Well, Zamas wasn’t totally merged with the universe, we was still spreading his presence and creating a breach to the main timeline. Most likely, it was still possible to force his way through some sealing object with the power of gods, like Beerus did with the old Kaioshin.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:28 pm

What's the best way of connecting GT to Super?

Isn't there anything direct to find a way to properly compare God, Blue, Golden Frieza etc to those from GT?

I know Heroes had Super Saiyan 4 and Super Saiyan Blue equal but that's not necessarily the same GT Goku.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:38 pm

Bullza wrote:What's the best way of connecting GT to Super?

Isn't there anything direct to find a way to properly compare God, Blue, Golden Frieza etc to those from GT?

I know Heroes had Super Saiyan 4 and Super Saiyan Blue equal but that's not necessarily the same GT Goku.
No, there isn't.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:45 pm

Bullza wrote:What's the best way of connecting GT to Super?

Yeah, that GT Goku was A LOT stronger.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:23 pm

We will likely never satisfactorily answer that question.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:44 pm

In terms of consistency between GT and Super, nothing hints that EOZ has changed, so Base Goku is still Pure Boo level by then. GT Base Goku is stronger than that so GT Base Goku>DB Super Base Goku at least. DB Super Goku has stronger transformations with God and Blue.