Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:54 pm

So basically, if dyspo isnt restricted to use his full speed, he is easily a ssb level oponent

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:56 pm

So as was said earlier, nothing happens to Toppo that makes him God of Destruction level. His full power is simply on that level, hence him being a candidate and the preview says that this is his true power.

And even though he has power on that level, he had doubts about beating Goku during the exhibition match, so the Gods of Destruction aren't thousands of times stronger than the Saiyans.

Base Saiyans>Dyspo in terms of power has also been shown once again this episode as Dyspo couldn't do anything to Final Form Frieza in terms of damage. Only his speed has been emphasized.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:58 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:So basically, if dyspo isnt restricted to use his full speed, he is easily a ssb level oponent
Pretty much.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:58 pm

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:So as was said earlier, nothing happens to Toppo that makes him God of Destruction level. His full power is simply on that level, hence him being a candidate and the preview says that this is his true power.

And even though he has power on that level, he had doubts about beating Goku during the exhibition match, so the Gods of Destruction aren't thousands of times stronger than the Saiyans.

Base Saiyans>Dyspo in terms of power has also been shown once again this episode as Dyspo couldn't do anything to Final Form Frieza in terms of damage. Only his speed has been emphasized.
Seems so, tho maybe we should wait till the subbed episode comes out and see what the characters say. And if they make any mention of where he stands.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:00 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:So basically, if dyspo isnt restricted to use his full speed, he is easily a ssb level oponent
Pretty much.

Yes, and it shows that he is pretty much the flash.

Now I'm very interested in toppo next episode. Seems like he is finally going to ascend to G.o.D level, and based on episode 126, I'm gonna guess toppo is gonna trash 17 and freeza

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:04 pm

Yeah Toppo obviously wasn't fighting at God of Destruction level up till now but it looks like in the next episode he will what with the "change" he's going to be having with purple aura and skin.

So whoever beats him will also be above that level.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:09 pm

Bullza wrote:Yeah Toppo obviously wasn't fighting at God of Destruction level up till now but it looks like in the next episode he will what with the "change" he's going to be having with purple aura and skin.

So whoever beats him will also be above that level.
Vegeta, 126 tittle, its a given.

Usually i was in the side that jiren was stronger than belmod, and just around the level of of beerus. But if toppo had power on G.o.D (which his aura is the exact same as one) and he stated that anyone even with toppo, would be nothing to jiren, shit... i have no reason to doubt that jiren is just overall superior to G.o.Ds

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:16 pm

So Dyspo is actually able to defeat someone of SSB level?
It's strange that against Hitto he did not use the ''super maximum light speed mode''

The question is, in a battle without rules, Dyspo really would be able to kill Freeza? After all, it seems that speed is his trump card, so he is able to press Freeza, who can not keep up with him. But his attacks did not seem to cause much damage

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:33 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:So Dyspo is actually able to defeat someone of SSB level?
It's strange that against Hitto he did not use the ''super maximum light speed mode''

The question is, in a battle without rules, Dyspo really would be able to kill Freeza? After all, it seems that speed is his trump card, so he is able to press Freeza, who can not keep up with him. But his attacks did not seem to cause much damage
Yeah, he uses speed as a means to get strenght. So his punches pack a punch do to having insane speed behind them.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:57 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Usually i was in the side that jiren was stronger than belmod, and just around the level of of beerus. But if toppo had power on G.o.D (which his aura is the exact same as one) and he stated that anyone even with toppo, would be nothing to jiren, shit... i have no reason to doubt that jiren is just overall superior to G.o.Ds
Well it would depend I suppose if Toppo is already aware that he has that power or if comes out of nowhere unexpected to him.

I do wonder if the current Jiren will still be stronger than that Toppo though especially as he hasn't shown his full power yet.
TheSaiyanGod wrote:The question is, in a battle without rules, Dyspo really would be able to kill Freeza? After all, it seems that speed is his trump card, so he is able to press Freeza, who can not keep up with him. But his attacks did not seem to cause much damage
It would seem so, Frieza couldn't really do anything. Without rules and anyone else butting in I actually wonder how high he could go. He would he be able to beat Goku with the Kaioken x20 or Vegeta with the Royals Blue form? Doubtful.

What I want to know is, without his speed gimmick and just on pure fighting prowess alone, where does he stand? We know he's inferior to Ultimate Gohan but is he Base, Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan 2 level? Higher?

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:39 am

SuperDragoon wrote:Freeza being SSG level in Base in pretty much fact at this point. Hard to deny it.

So Dyspo in his Light Speed Mode is SSB level I guess. Low SSB level at least.
Hakaishin Liquir wrote:So it's basically confirmed that Final Form Freeza was retconned to being ~SSG level.
I feel like it was more final form Frieza was originally supposed to be saiyan beyond god tier, but that form was just retconned away so he ended up being SSG tier.
This is backed up by Champa implying final form Frieza was out of Frost's league, and Frost was a bit above base saiyan level in the U6 tournament.
But who knows at this point.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:42 am

I know this is jumping too many steps ahead but with a bit of assumption and based on upcoming episode titles then I would guess that current Super Saiyan Blue Goku Kaioken x20 and Super Saiyan Royal Blue Vegeta are not at God of Destruction level but are not that far away.

Toppo will be at that level in the next episode and then in Episode 126, Vegeta will garner enough power in that life risking attack to defeat Toppo hence the episode being called "Surpass even a God".

And then surely after that Goku will become Ultra Instinct against Jiren and that will be even more powerful still.

So I would expect that by the time this show ends both Goku and Vegeta will be above God of Destruction level. Maybe even surpass Beerus which would be a nice way for it to end as that is what they have been vying for since the beginning.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:46 am

Gohan seemed real sure he could take Freeza. Either he was right, or he is wrong and was probably just gonna go with plan B. "DAAAAAAAD. Freeza is being really mean!!!"
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:49 am

I think that final form Freeza is really just SSJ tier and that Dyspo is really around the same tier as SSJ without his speed. Considering that all of the other pride troopers sans Jiren and Toppo managed to be around that realm of power (SSJ tier) then Dyspo could easily fit in that tier as well in his base with his speed boosts amping him up to god level.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:03 am

Almighty Majin wrote:I think that final form Freeza is really just SSJ tier and that Dyspo is really around the same tier as SSJ without his speed. Considering that all of the other pride troopers sans Jiren and Toppo managed to be around that realm of power (SSJ tier) then Dyspo could easily fit in that tier as well in his base with his speed boosts amping him up to god level.
If you mean Goku/Vegeta ssj tier I would say yes. Though I think he is probably above even ssj2 U6 saiyans in his final form. He seemed to think he could take Kale and Caulifla in just his final form and was stomping Nappapa who pushed ssj Caulifla a bit. Plus I don't see ssj2 Cabba or Caulifla doing that well against Dyspo.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:13 am

dbzfan7 wrote:Gohan seemed real sure he could take Freeza. Either he was right, or he is wrong and was probably just gonna go with plan B. "DAAAAAAAD. Freeza is being really mean!!!"
There's also plan C where he convinces Freeza he can talk his dad out of wishing him back..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:42 am

So, Dyspo's speed makes him formidable. With out, his strikes aren't strong, but Super Maximum Light Speed Mode still makes Blue tier

Final form Frieza should be SSG level since he was able to hold his own against Dypso in hand to hand and Ultimate Gohan is stronger than that

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:49 am

Issei189 wrote:So, Dyspo's speed makes him formidable. With out, his strikes aren't strong, but Super Maximum Light Speed Mode still makes Blue tier

Final form Frieza should be SSG level since he was able to hold his own against Dypso in hand to hand and Ultimate Gohan is stronger than that
He literally can't be SSG tier.

That would mean base Goku in RoF was SSG tier.

There's also him needing Golden to tank an attack from a weakened SS2 Cabba.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:54 am

dbzfan7 wrote:Gohan seemed real sure he could take Freeza. Either he was right, or he is wrong and was probably just gonna go with plan B. "DAAAAAAAD. Freeza is being really mean!!!"
All the fighters seem to be above SSG level at this point. While I don't think he could win, I think Gohan could hold his own against Frieza otherwise I don't see him making the threat.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:03 am

Wait, so Zen-Oh can see Goku and Jiren fight but not Dyspo? Guess this confirms that Dyspo is faster than Jiren with MLSM
Lord Frieza wrote:
Pretty much.

That is not the best comparison. Flash never actually hurt Clark in that fight. The former just kept dodging. Dyspo, however, was able to hurt Frieza with his attacks.
ZombieVito wrote:
Issei189 wrote:So, Dyspo's speed makes him formidable. With out, his strikes aren't strong, but Super Maximum Light Speed Mode still makes Blue tier

He literally can't be SSG tier.
He was literally too fast for SSJG Goku
Almighty Majin wrote:I think that final form Freeza is really just SSJ tier and that Dyspo is really around the same tier as SSJ without his speed. Considering that all of the other pride troopers sans Jiren and Toppo managed to be around that realm of power (SSJ tier) then Dyspo could easily fit in that tier as well in his base with his speed boosts amping him up to god level.
Why do people keep talking like Dyspo and his speed are separate? Dyspo's speed is a part of his powerset. He's SSJB overall. There is no "dyspo without his speed is below SSJG but SSJB level with it"