Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:53 am

MajinVegetaPD wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
MajinVegetaPD wrote:Don't think Goku and Jiren are anywhere near Angel level. To believe that would be laughable and jumping the shark by quite a bit.

The way I have it is like this:

Zeno
Grand Priest
Angels
High Level GoD's (Beerus, etc.)
Goku Mastered UI
Jiren
Mid Card GoD's (Belmod, etc.)
Royal Blue Vegeta
Toppo
Low Level GoD's (Sidra, etc.)
Please stop. There’s literally no reason at all to put Beerus above Jiren or MUI Goku. As both characters are confirmed to be above Beerus. Jiren because of statements (Jiren>Belmod>Beerus) and Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku simply because he mastered UI while Beerus hasn’t. Therefore MUI Goku can defeat Beerus by default.
Confirmed?

Wonderful that you are basing your theory on an arm wrestling match.

Thank you for clearing everything up for all of us. I can now stop watching DB Super and any series moving forward as Goku can now only be bested by the Grand Priest and Zeno.
I think you are going to far in conclusions. Just because jiren and goku may be above hakaishin level, doesn’t mean he can only be bested by the angels and zeno. There may be other Gods beyond hakaishin level. Zalama? The divine dragon itself? According to whis, along with the Grand priest, there are 4 others who together make up the 5 strongest beings in db.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:57 am

It would be interesting if the other four characters besides the Grand Priest were the top fighter from each of the four universes with the highest mortal rating.

STH
Not-So-Newbie

Post by STH » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:25 am

MajinVegetaPD wrote:Don't think Goku and Jiren are anywhere near Angel level. To believe that would be laughable and jumping the shark by quite a bit.

Zeno
Grand Priest
Angels
Goku Mastered UI
Jiren
Royal Blue Vegeta
Toppo
I agree with that :thumbup:
Melkaniator wrote: "DBS anime is a fan service series that delivers irrelevant dialogue, inconsistent writing, and lazy designs.

The DB manga never had so many mistakes, nor those were this constant."

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:58 am

There is literally no proof Beerus is above Jiren. Even if Beerus was the strongest GoD and he isn't, it still doesn't make him above Jiren.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:56 am

Amir wrote:There is literally no proof Beerus is above Jiren. Even if Beerus was the strongest GoD and he isn't, it still doesn't make him above Jiren.
True. And with super ending, it would be good for goku to beat someone above hakaishin level in general, which would be jiren.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:40 am

The only thing we already know about the Angels' strength is that it is above Gods of Destruction's as well. I don't understand what is so baffling about the comparison.
We know that the difference is big and that they can do almost everything with their hax abilities. Even in the manga Vados and Whis one shot Beerus and Champa like nothing.

If you guys believe that Goku and Jiren can do the same, ok.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:26 am

Legion wrote:
The only thing we already know about the Angels' strength is that it is above Gods of Destruction's as well. I don't understand what is so baffling about the comparison.
We know that the difference is big and that they can do almost everything with their hax abilities. Even in the manga Vados and Whis one shot Beerus and Champa like nothing.

If you guys believe that Goku and Jiren can do the same, ok.
I don’t remember to have said Goku and Jiren are at the same level of Whis and Vados. The point is that by surpassing the gods, they are approaching the angels’ level, which is the only one left to reach. Personally, I’m being careful enough to say they might only scratch the surface, which is far from being on the same level.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:53 am

Well expect there to be statements on jirens part in 129. According to spoilers, during his fight with Ultra Instinct goku, jiren will smile and release his full strength.

Btw I’m not jk about the smile part. Spoilers say goku steals a smile from jiren

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:54 am

MajinVegetaPD wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:

Zeno
Grand Priest
Angels
Goku Mastered UI
Jiren
Royal Blue Vegeta
Toppo
Please stop. There’s literally no reason at all to put Beerus above Jiren or MUI Goku. As both characters are confirmed to be above Beerus. Jiren because of statements (Jiren>Belmod>Beerus) and Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku simply because he mastered UI while Beerus hasn’t. Therefore MUI Goku can defeat Beerus by default.
Confirmed?

Thank you for clearing everything up for all of us. I can now stop watching DB Super and any series moving forward as Goku can now only be bested by the Grand Priest and Zeno.
This has nothing to do with an arm wrestling match. Stop that manga nonsense. Whis said there is a mortal stronger somewhere than it’s God of Destruction, and said God of Destruction is even stronger than Beerus! and we later find out in episode 109 of Super that it’s Jiren. They flat out stated so. Not to mention even the manga itself confirms that Jiren is stronger than Belmod! Universe 4 has long since been erased and brought NOTHING impressive to the table.

I really don’t see how anyone could possibly NOT be convinced by the fact that Jiren is above Beerus.

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:56 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
MajinVegetaPD wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: Please stop. There’s literally no reason at all to put Beerus above Jiren or MUI Goku. As both characters are confirmed to be above Beerus. Jiren because of statements (Jiren>Belmod>Beerus) and Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku simply because he mastered UI while Beerus hasn’t. Therefore MUI Goku can defeat Beerus by default.
Confirmed?

This has nothing to do with an arm wrestling match. Stop that manga nonsense. Whis said there is a mortal stronger somewhere than it’s God of Destruction, and said God of Destruction is even stronger than Beerus! and we later find out in episode 109 of Super that it’s Jiren. They flat out stated so. Not to mention even the manga itself confirms that Jiren is stronger than Belmod! Universe 4 has long since been erased and brought NOTHING impressive to the table.

I really don’t see how anyone could possibly NOT be convinced by the fact that Jiren is above Beerus.
You have your sources and info wrong. In the manga, Quitela is the one to have beaten Beerus in an arm wrestling match. In the anime, it was Belmod. When Whis said to the group that it's GoD is stronger than Beerus, Beerus specifically said...."Don't say that, I only lost once in an arm wrestling match." And if you wanna cite the manga which I did NOT, Beerus pretty much tanked every GoD with his UI in the battle royale.

Please get your information right if you want to contribute to a discussion.

Thanks.

SayianBeyondGod
Beyond Newbie

Post by SayianBeyondGod » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:57 am

I'm not convinced that Jiren surpasses Beerus due to the lack of information. I don't see how an arm wrestle is relevant to being a better fighter not we know the gap of power between Hakiashins. I'm not alone convinced belmod surpasses Beerus alone if we were to go strictly anime, especially when he worries more than Beerus. It's been said that Jiren is in the domain of the God of Destruction in the offical toei site so i doubt he surpasses all of the hakiashins beside belmod and Whis statement is speifically that there's a mortal that surpasses it's own God of destruction but again it's a rumor not meant to be 100% credible. I don't get where the notion that Jiren surpasses Beerus is coming from but I doubt it's from something objective.
Last edited by SayianBeyondGod on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:04 am

Yea... because with the series ending, and goku needing to use a perfected UI (something only angels have perfected), yet jiren isnt going to be above beerus? Its only a matter of time till the statements are made.

SayianBeyondGod
Beyond Newbie

Post by SayianBeyondGod » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:08 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Yea... because with the series ending, and goku needing to use a perfected UI (something only angels have perfected), yet jiren isnt going to be above beerus? Its only a matter of time till the statements are made.
We don't know if UI has been perfected by the other hakiashins such as the ones with the highest mortal levels. The only statement is from Beerus and it's been implied that Champa hasn't as well as Sidra considering Roh thinks SSB tiers aren't a easy target from him. The only statement we have that applies to all hakishins is that it's not a technique that can easily be achieved which doesn't confirm that all of them had never perfected it.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:14 am

SayianBeyondGod wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Yea... because with the series ending, and goku needing to use a perfected UI (something only angels have perfected), yet jiren isnt going to be above beerus? Its only a matter of time till the statements are made.
We don't know if UI has been perfected by the other hakiashins such as the ones with the highest mortal levels. The only statement is from Beerus and it's been implied that Champa hasn't as well as well as Sidra considering Roh thinks SSB tiers aren't a easy target from him. The only statement we have that applies to all hakishins is that it's not a technique that can easily be achieved which doesn't confirm that all of them had never perfected it.
Yes, none of them have perfected it. And only one has shown it (beerus in the manga). Whis outright stated that beerus is far from mastering it. So there you go.

Anyway. It’s clear as day jiren is > hakaishins. It is gokus last opponent in the series, and statements have been made both in the manga and anime to know for sure.

SayianBeyondGod
Beyond Newbie

Post by SayianBeyondGod » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:19 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
SayianBeyondGod wrote:
We don't know if UI has been perfected by the other hakiashins such as the ones with the highest mortal levels. The only statement is from Beerus and it's been implied that Champa hasn't as well as well as Sidra considering Roh thinks SSB tiers aren't a easy target from him. The only statement we have that applies to all hakishins is that it's not a technique that can easily be achieved which doesn't confirm that all of them had never perfected it.
Yes, none of them have perfected it. And only one has shown it (beerus in the manga). Whis outright stated that beerus is far from mastering it. So there you go.

Anyway. It’s clear as day jiren is > hakaishins. It is gokus last opponent in the series, and statements have been made both in the manga and anime to know for sure.
Burden of proof is on you to proof that the rest of the hakiashins have not mastered it but I was referring anime strictly not manga. Even in the manga it's a different story with it's own scaling like 17 being closer SSJ3 level and etc. unless you want to go by composite feats which are going to create contradictions. We have not seen what Jiren is capable of doing in the manga yet. But again I don't see any statements that Jiren surpasses all hakiashins, the toei site literally claims Jiren is in the domain of the hakishins not surpassed all with the other claim being a rumour that Jiren may surpassed Belmod specifically. But I don't see anything objectively clear yet if so then I hope your have some back up evidence.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:35 am

SayianBeyondGod wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
SayianBeyondGod wrote:

Burden of proof is on you to proof that the rest of the hakiashins have not mastered it but I was referring anime strictly not manga. Even in the manga a different story with it's own scaling like 17 being closer SSJ3 level and etc. unless you want to go by composite feats which are going to create contradictions. We have not seen what Jiren is capable of doing in the manga yet. But again I don't see any statements that Jiren surpasses all hakiashins, the toei site literally claims Jiren is in the domain of the hakishins not surpassed all with the other claim being a rumour that Jiren may surpassed Belmod specifically. But I don't see anything objectively clear yet if so then I hope your have some back up evidence.
Jiren surpassing belmod isn’t a rumor anymore. It was stated by toppo flat out in the manga. The burden of proof is in you buddy. The proof is on the one making the positive claim. I’m rejecting it do to not being stated anywhere and do to beerus being the only one shown to have it, and still far from mastering it.

SayianBeyondGod
Beyond Newbie

Post by SayianBeyondGod » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:46 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
SayianBeyondGod wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:

Burden of proof is on you to proof that the rest of the hakiashins have not mastered it but I was referring anime strictly not manga. Even in the manga a different story with it's own scaling like 17 being closer SSJ3 level and etc. unless you want to go by composite feats which are going to create contradictions. We have not seen what Jiren is capable of doing in the manga yet. But again I don't see any statements that Jiren surpasses all hakiashins, the toei site literally claims Jiren is in the domain of the hakishins not surpassed all with the other claim being a rumour that Jiren may surpassed Belmod specifically. But I don't see anything objectively clear yet if so then I hope your have some back up evidence.
Jiren surpassing belmod isn’t a rumor anymore. It was stated by toppo flat out in the manga. The burden of proof is in you buddy. The proof is on the one making the positive claim. I’m rejecting it do to not being stated anywhere and do to beerus being the only one shown to have it, and still far from mastering it.
Again that's the manga which is it's own scaling and continuity. I'm talking about the anime strictly, you can't apply composite feats here without contradictions. You can't use only manga feats for hakiashins yet use anime feats for Jiren. It's like saying Gohan surpasses 17 because 17 only rivalled SSJ3 Goku in the manga yet Gohan held his own against light speed Dyspo in the anime. That's not how the burden of proof works, you made the original/first claim that not all hakaishin have mastered UI hence the burden is on you to proof it there's no negative claim. You're not the one questioning a prior claim here. There being no evidence that UI isn't mastered by any hakiashin is no reason to make such claim otherwise it's pure speculation. By your logic anyone can make any claim if there's no evidence for or against, so you think it's objective to say Zeno guards are fodder or Belmod is the strongest hakiashin.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:19 pm

So apperantly, jirens full power is strong enought that throwing a punch blows away UI omen goku, according to spoilers.

brett wheeler
Beyond Newbie

Post by brett wheeler » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:01 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:So apperantly, jirens full power is strong enought that throwing a punch blows away UI omen goku, according to spoilers.
and now a simple question must be asked. How fucking strong is jiren, he seems to still be suppressed when destroying UI omen and probably wont give his all untill up against mastered, so jiren is just ungodly strong without MUI nobody would stand a chance in this against this monster.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:22 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:So apperantly, jirens full power is strong enought that throwing a punch blows away UI omen goku, according to spoilers.
I read Herms spoilers and this it's not mentioned anywhere. :eh: