Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:46 am

I was just reminded but in the manga it mentions that Supreme Kai performed the ritual on Trunks where he danced around him all day.

They mentioned that because of that Trunks had the ability to heal people (though he was not made aware of this at the time).

That wouldn't be the same kind of ritual that Gohan undertook to make him stronger or anything would it? It'd seem unlikely but otherwise it's kinda odd Supreme Kai would go through all that effort to perform the ritual just so he could heal someone and then not tell him the purpose of what he'd just done all day.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:54 am

I'm surprised Toshio's opinion of battle powers wasn't discussed here. Not saying it's like the official thing, as he says it's his own viewpoint. But it's as close as you might get to that since he is one of the writers for the anime.

According to him it's Gohan=17>Frost>Piccolo.
https://twitter.com/toshio916/status/887376731287375872
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:56 am

Bullza wrote:I was just reminded but in the manga it mentions that Supreme Kai performed the ritual on Trunks where he danced around him all day.

They mentioned that because of that Trunks had the ability to heal people (though he was not made aware of this at the time).

That wouldn't be the same kind of ritual that Gohan undertook to make him stronger or anything would it? It'd seem unlikely but otherwise it's kinda odd Supreme Kai would go through all that effort to perform the ritual just so he could heal someone and then not tell him the purpose of what he'd just done all day.
It's not. Shin doesn't have Elder Kaioshin's ability and the Z sword didn't break until they fought Dabura.

But now that you mention this, it makes zero sense for Shin to not tell him that after he performed the ritual. Jesus the arc in the manga is god awful.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:20 am

dbzfan7 wrote:According to him it's Gohan=17>Frost>Piccolo.
That's interesting, I don't think to look at that kind of thing. I know it's only his opinion but most of this thread is about opinion and his would have more precedence than ours. For now I'll take that as fact until proven otherwise.

Does that mean Frost is slightly above Super Saiyan 2 level now then? Hit did say he'd improved.

Most importantly though, he's made a few of these kind of posts answering people's questions......why has nobody thought to ask him about Goku's Base power and if he can tap into Super Saiyan God's power at will? All of the confusion surrounding that and nobody has asked him? If I had Twitter I would have asked him myself.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:26 am

Bullza wrote:
That's interesting, I don't think to look at that kind of thing. I know it's only his opinion but most of this thread is about opinion and his would have more precedence than ours. For now I'll take that as fact until proven otherwise.

Does that mean Frost is slightly above Super Saiyan 2 level now then? Hit did say he'd improved.

Most importantly though, he's made a few of these kind of posts answering people's questions......why has nobody thought to ask him about Goku's Base power and if he can tap into Super Saiyan God's power at will? All of the confusion surrounding that and nobody has asked him? If I had Twitter I would have asked him myself.
He probably doesn't know, though it's possible he reads Toriyama's outlines so I would ask him just how thick the outlines are.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:27 am

Bullza wrote:

Please, let's not bother the staff with petty strength related discussions just because they're actually generous enough to respond to us. And god forbid if some big-shot YouTuber actually promoted this kind of behavior. Please, let's not post shit like this:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Besides, that'd kinda kill the purpose of this entire thread if the staff laid out an official power-scale. There'd be nothing left to discuss! That's no fun.

Though, I'm in for asking him about Goku's base, since there's a very high chance that there was a retcon and the only way to know the truth about it would be to hear from someone officially involved with Super. I think it's okay to accept Toshio's power-scale as fact for now. I also called it out that Frost is still stronger than Piccolo before anyone else, so yay. :D
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:45 am

Bullza wrote: Most importantly though, he's made a few of these kind of posts answering people's questions......why has nobody thought to ask him about Goku's Base power and if he can tap into Super Saiyan God's power at will? All of the confusion surrounding that and nobody has asked him? If I had Twitter I would have asked him myself.
Toshio's English isn't very good and he's been quick to remind people of that whenever there's a question he can't understand. The word "base" in particular might throw him off since that term has so many different colloquial uses. Furthermore, the man is constantly barraged with questions on Twitter all the time and he's only able to answer a few of them per day.

Maybe it's worth a shot, but the chance of that question actually getting answered by him is pretty low. I can attempt to ask him myself but it's probably best to do so whenever he's active.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:01 am

Marlowe89 wrote:
Bullza wrote: Most importantly though, he's made a few of these kind of posts answering people's questions......why has nobody thought to ask him about Goku's Base power and if he can tap into Super Saiyan God's power at will? All of the confusion surrounding that and nobody has asked him? If I had Twitter I would have asked him myself.
Toshio's English isn't very good and he's been quick to remind people of that whenever there's a question he can't understand. The word "base" in particular might throw him off since that term has so many different colloquial uses. Furthermore, the man is constantly barraged with questions on Twitter all the time and he's only able to answer a few of them per day.

Maybe it's worth a shot, but the chance of that question actually getting answered by him is pretty low. I can attempt to ask him myself but it's probably best to do so whenever he's active.
Perhaps "who is the strongest character from the Dragon Ball Z Anime that Goku can beat in his normal form" is easy enough to understand?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:45 am

How in the world is #17 equal to Gohan? He's done nothing else but tend to an island rife with poacher incursions. His power should be inferior to everyone on the team except arguably the humans and #18. I understand this question has been brought forth in the past, but it's just absurd how someone like him can increase so astronomically in power for no logical reason. I would sooner find Krillin being stronger than Base Goku more believable, provided he had trained with his wife extensively.

Really disappointing to see Piccolo's positioning having been lowered so much. The fact he trained with a wellspring of potential strength in Gohan must not have offered too much in the way of benefits for himself if a cybernetic human is able to overtake both him and rival the Z-fighter with the greatest potential for no explainable cause at all.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:56 am

DBZ Macky wrote:
Marlowe89 wrote:

Perhaps "who is the strongest character from the Dragon Ball Z Anime that Goku can beat in his normal form" is easy enough to understand?
*Super

And he could just answer "Gohan or Vegeta"
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:43 pm

DBS writer Toshio just confirmed this

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:45 pm

JulianStyles wrote:Image

Just leave this guy alone. Even if he writes some episodes it doesn't mean he knows all about characters' strenght and whatnot. Also, Tenshinan being an alien descendant is not canon right now, even if it was written on a guidebook.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:10 pm

So, more official confirmation that Krillin is the strongest earthling and thus stronger than Tenshinhan?

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:24 pm

JulianStyles wrote: *snip*
"Kirin is the most powerful Earthling"

So...Kuririn is still stronger than Tenshinhan? As if we weren't shown that multiple times in this very arc, and?
Last edited by MainJPW on Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:30 pm

DBZ Macky wrote:
So, more official confirmation that Krillin is the strongest earthling and thus stronger than Tenshinhan?
Well, it's still Toshio's opinion and he does not say who is stronger, but looks like he is not entirely defining Tenshinhan as earthling and relates this to Krilin being the stronger one. I think this is relevant, because most people including me has considered Tenshinhan as earthling, regardless of his alien inheritance, this making Krilin stronger than him in the old debate. It's still his opinion, but...
Heno heno kappa!

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:35 pm

The statement seems to suggest that Krillin is the strongest Earthling because Tenshinhan is an Alien descendant. Wouldn't that imply that if Tenshinhan wasn't an Alien descendant, then Krillin wouldn't be the strongest Earthling?

Damn, really feel sorry for Tenshinhan. If only he was an Earthling, he'd be able to improve at a much faster rate and probably surpass Krillin. At least he still has the four-witches technique among others.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:43 pm

DBZ Macky wrote:The statement seems to suggest that Krillin is the strongest Earthling because Tenshinhan is an Alien descendant. Wouldn't that imply that if Tenshinhan wasn't an Alien descendant, then Krillin wouldn't be the strongest Earthling?

Damn, really feel sorry for Tenshinhan. If only he was an Earthling, he'd be able to improve at a much faster rate and probably surpass Krillin. At least he still has the four-witches technique among others.
If Tenshinhan was considered an earthling, Krilin would be stronger than him, because Toriyama established Krilin was the strongest one. If is not, then we don't know who is stronger.
Heno heno kappa!

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:51 pm

Basako wrote:
DBZ Macky wrote:The statement seems to suggest that Krillin is the strongest Earthling because Tenshinhan is an Alien descendant. Wouldn't that imply that if Tenshinhan wasn't an Alien descendant, then Krillin wouldn't be the strongest Earthling?

If Tenshinhan was considered an earthling, Krilin would be stronger than him, because Toriyama established Krilin was the strongest one. If is not, then we don't know who is stronger.
Exactly!

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Basako wrote:

Akira has established Tien as the strongest one. In official PLS before Namek. And Android-present Tien has completely out done Krillin. Or are we polarized by Toeis filler of Krillin going into the woods then his sparing match with a un expecting weaker Gohan and Goku showing off? Just for him to be first eliminated. Akiras outline is the tournament not the recruitment. Next months manga should clarify this.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:18 pm

JulianStyles wrote:
Basako wrote:

Akira has established Tien as the strongest one. In official PLS before Namek. And Android-present Tien has completely out done Krillin. Or are we polarized by Toeis filler of Krillin going into the woods then his sparing match with a un expecting weaker Gohan and Goku showing off? Just for him to be first eliminated. Akiras outline is the tournament not the recruitment. Next months manga should clarify this.
Pre Namek sure, but post Namek not, I mean he didn't establish it. If his statement about the strongest earthling does not include Ten, then the debate is open, but there's nothing confirmed. I would go with Ten, because he trained with Kaio quite long and never stopped after that, but that's just my opinion. Being eliminated first doesn't mean anything.
Heno heno kappa!