Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:58 am

Bullza wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:The energy of two exhausted base form saiyans who were no match for Fused Zamasu (so much so that he easily crushed them with one punch and would have killed them too), a bunch of worthless civilians, and the nature of a dying planet that was literally being torn asunder.
They weren't that exhausted, just injured from the punch. Also just because they were in their Base form when they gave their energy doesn't mean that they only gave a Base level amount of power.

The Spirit Bomb is generally just as powerful as need be. The one Goku threw at Frieza was huge and that only got energy from the plants and the land. Also I don't think the power of the individual actually factors in because the Spirit Bomb is taking Genki energy so it should be no different if it was from Gohan or from Farmer with Shotgun.
That is the worst offender, yes, but I'm not referring just to that. I am also talking about the moments prior to that, when he was able to trade blows with Fused Zamasu all on his own, parry his attacks, and even mutilate his chest, before the enemy's regeneration kicked in.
He did have another Rage Boost prior to attacking Fused Zamasu the first time, just before he broke his sword in two.

So Trunks at that point would have been even stronger than he was when he fought Goku Black. Presumably after the Rage Boost he was back on Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta's level again.
No, they were clearly exhausted, not only because they literally couldn't get up from the ground, but they couldn't even turn Super Saiyan anymore due to the Final Kamehameha as Vegito (which resulted in a 1-hour fusion lasting only 9 or so minutes). They couldn't have given more power than just their base form alone, since Supreme Kai explains in the next episode that they can no longer turn Super Saiyan because they wasted all their energy in the Final Kamehameha, as I was saying.

As for your second point, you don't think that Trunks' rage boost shenanigans are ridiculous? So lazy. Oh, Trunks, the guy who 10 minutes ago was just fodder for Black (so much so that he believed that Future Zamasu alone would be enough to beat him), is suddenly able to reach a level equal to that of Fused Zamasu because... rage. Of course, rage! Because if you are really, really angry, you can have all the power you want!

Besides, even after his initial rage boost, he still stood no chance against Fused Zamasu, who easily parried his attack and dealt with him with a point blank ki blast, and proceeded to almost overwhelm him with the divine Holy Wrath, before Vegeta suddenly recovered from his injuries and helped Trunks before it was too late. I fail to see how the rage boost that Trunks got could have possibly made him so strong, aside from "plot", because Fused Zamasu can't win otherwise the show ends.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:20 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote: He attacked him in his rage several times and did zero damage. Kaioshin had to paralyze him.
He beat him back a few panels and then the supreme kai came in and helped. There is no evidence of him being weaker than Dabra as a ssj2, and it wouldn't really make sense if he was unless Dabra was stronger in the future.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:45 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:
Bullza wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:The energy of two exhausted base form saiyans who were no match for Fused Zamasu (so much so that he easily crushed them with one punch and would have killed them too), a bunch of worthless civilians, and the nature of a dying planet that was literally being torn asunder.
They weren't that exhausted, just injured from the punch. Also just because they were in their Base form when they gave their energy doesn't mean that they only gave a Base level amount of power.

The Spirit Bomb is generally just as powerful as need be. The one Goku threw at Frieza was huge and that only got energy from the plants and the land. Also I don't think the power of the individual actually factors in because the Spirit Bomb is taking Genki energy so it should be no different if it was from Gohan or from Farmer with Shotgun.
That is the worst offender, yes, but I'm not referring just to that. I am also talking about the moments prior to that, when he was able to trade blows with Fused Zamasu all on his own, parry his attacks, and even mutilate his chest, before the enemy's regeneration kicked in.
He did have another Rage Boost prior to attacking Fused Zamasu the first time, just before he broke his sword in two.

So Trunks at that point would have been even stronger than he was when he fought Goku Black. Presumably after the Rage Boost he was back on Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta's level again.
No, they were clearly exhausted, not only because they literally couldn't get up from the ground, but they couldn't even turn Super Saiyan anymore due to the Final Kamehameha as Vegito (which resulted in a 1-hour fusion lasting only 9 or so minutes). They couldn't have given more power than just their base form alone, since Supreme Kai explains in the next episode that they can no longer turn Super Saiyan because they wasted all their energy in the Final Kamehameha, as I was saying.

As for your second point, you don't think that Trunks' rage boost shenanigans are ridiculous? So lazy. Oh, Trunks, the guy who 10 minutes ago was just fodder for Black (so much so that he believed that Future Zamasu alone would be enough to beat him), is suddenly able to reach a level equal to that of Fused Zamasu because... rage. Of course, rage! Because if you are really, really angry, you can have all the power you want!

Besides, even after his initial rage boost, he still stood no chance against Fused Zamasu, who easily parried his attack and dealt with him with a point blank ki blast, and proceeded to almost overwhelm him with the divine Holy Wrath, before Vegeta suddenly recovered from his injuries and helped Trunks before it was too late. I fail to see how the rage boost that Trunks got could have possibly made him so strong, aside from "plot", because Fused Zamasu can't win otherwise the show ends.
People keep forgeting that Future Trunks absorbed the energy into himself. That isn't a simply addition. Super Saiyan Goku with the energy of 4 other Super Saiyans surpassed Raged Vegeta in the BoG arc. That's impossible if you just add the powers.

There's also the fact that Zamasu was slower and falling apart. There's nothing wrong with the end of E66.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:51 pm

People keep forgeting that Future Trunks absorbed the energy into himself. That isn't a simply addition. Super Saiyan Goku with the energy of 4 other Super Saiyans surpassed Raged Vegeta in the BoG arc. That's impossible if you just add the powers.
But Trunks didn't absorb the energy of four other Super Saiyans, he absorbed the energy of two exhausted base form saiyans who were so out of energy that they couldn't even transform anymore. How he even managed to absorb that energy is another matter entirely. Oh right, He did so "unknowingly", as in the writers couldn't think of a better explanation and just went with the laziest excuse.

Let alone the fact that Trunks doesn't even know what a Spirit Bomb is. The fact that I am forced to use my headcanon, instead of having the show explain it to me, is just ridiculous. How hard was it to have Future Trunks say "I learned how to do that technique during my training with Supreme Kai"? But No, the writers couldn't even be bothered to do that.
There's also the fact that Zamasu was slower and falling apart.

And yet he was strong enough to overpower Super Saiyan Blue Vegito for a moment, and just brush off his Final Kamehameha, his strongest punch, and the mutilations on his chest inflicted by Trunks.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:38 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:
But Trunks didn't absorb the energy of four other Super Saiyans, he absorbed the energy of two exhausted base form saiyans who were so out of energy that they couldn't even transform anymore. How he even managed to absorb that energy is another matter entirely. Oh right, He did so "unknowingly", as in the writers couldn't think of a better explanation and just went with the laziest excuse.

Let alone the fact that Trunks doesn't even know what a Spirit Bomb is. The fact that I am forced to use my headcanon, instead of having the show explain it to me, is just ridiculous. How hard was it to have Future Trunks say "I learned how to do that technique during my training with Supreme Kai"? But No, the writers couldn't even be bothered to do that.
There's also the fact that Zamasu was slower and falling apart.

And yet he was strong enough to overpower Super Saiyan Blue Vegito for a moment, and just brush off his Final Kamehameha, his strongest punch, and the mutilations on his chest inflicted by Trunks.
Those base Saiyans can finger flick the Super Saiyans of the BoG arc. Even while tired they are still way stronger.

And nothing about what I said about Zamasu was about power.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:20 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote: He attacked him in his rage several times and did zero damage. Kaioshin had to paralyze him.
He beat him back a few panels and then the supreme kai came in and helped. There is no evidence of him being weaker than Dabra as a ssj2, and it wouldn't really make sense if he was unless Dabra was stronger in the future.
The evidence is that his attacks did zero damage and that Kaioshin needed to help in the first place.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:12 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:As for your second point, you don't think that Trunks' rage boost shenanigans are ridiculous?
No not really, not within the new rules that Super has seemed to establish. Vegeta had a rage boost, he surpassed Super Saiyan 3 Goku and Gotenks. Goku had a rage boost, he surpassed Goku Black. Vegeta grew so powerful after training out of rage as Goku Black explained.

So yeah Trunks had a big power up out of rage but that was also combined with his using his Grade 3 power as well. Then he powered up a second time because of rage.

It wasn't a thing in Z outside of Gohan but that show had Zenkai boosts which suddenly disappeared and in Super we had the rage boosts which suddenly appeared.

Vegeta had a Zenkai boost and his power increased 33%. Goku had a Zenkai boost and his power increased 33 fold. It's just how it is. It's all just a plot device.
I fail to see how the rage boost that Trunks got could have possibly made him so strong, aside from "plot", because Fused Zamasu can't win otherwise the show ends.
His rage boost pushed up to being as strong as Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta but he was much weaker than Fused Zamasu with the Halo.

He held his own later on because he absorbed the power of the Spirit Bomb into himself so had another big power up.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:34 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote: The evidence is that his attacks did zero damage
He pummeled Dabura which visibly hurt him, and then killed him with one ki blast, the same one he used to attack Frieza who was also weaker than him. I would say the difference between Dabura and ssj2 Trunks is similar to Frieza and arrival ssj Trunks.
and that Kaioshin needed to help in the first place.
He didn't need to help, he just helped. It's like if you were in a fist fight with someone and you were pushing him back and winning, but your friend came up and sucker punched him. Ya you didn't win by yourself, but the other guy can't claim he would have won because your friend stepped in.
I think the scaling here is pretty clear. ssj Trunks/Gohan<Cell=Dabura<ssj2 Trunks/Gohan

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:22 pm

How strong is powered up SSJ Goku from Movie 8? Could he beat Cell or SSJ2 Gohan

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:25 am

AvatarReiko wrote:How strong is powered up SSJ Goku from Movie 8? Could he beat Cell or SSJ2 Gohan
I don't think this is the thread for that, but I don't think he'd stand a chance against Cell or Gohan. Cell because of his regeneration and Gohan because he's simply too strong.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:44 pm

Who would people say is stronger out of Jiren and Kanba?

I'm sure Jiren would be far stronger than Super Saiyan Blue Vegito but even Base Kanba seems to be a bit stronger than Super Saiyan Blue Vegito Kaio-ken and then he's got the Golden Great Ape form on top of that.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:49 pm

Bullza wrote:Who would people say is stronger out of Jiren and Kanba?

I'm sure Jiren would be far stronger than Super Saiyan Blue Vegito but even Base Kanba seems to be a bit stronger than Super Saiyan Blue Vegito Kaio-ken and then he's got the Golden Great Ape form on top of that.
Easily Cumber, at least if you're going off of what the SDBH promotional anime has shown us so far. Like you mention, Base Cumber fights relatively evenly with Vegito Blue Kaioken, and then he pulls out a Golden Great Ape form after that. I personally find it hard to believe that the gap between Vegito Blue Kaioken (who I'd put in the Beerus tier for sure) and Jiren would be big enough for Jiren to be able to compete with Cumber in his strongest (so far) form.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:54 pm

Bullza wrote:Who would people say is stronger out of Jiren and Kanba?

Base Cumber

In the SDBH anime, he appeared to be stronger than a POST ToP Blue Vegetto.

Jiren in the DBS anime is > Goku Black arc Vegetto but I would argue a late ToP Vegetto would be far above him let alone Post ToP

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:27 pm

I wonder whats going to happen with toppo and jiren power wise and character wise in the future.

I feel like the next time we see them, toppo will be the official hakaishin of universe 11, and he will be stronger than what belmod was as a hakaishin, and possibly jiren in the TOP. And jiren would become far more powerful still.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:18 am

Kefla (manga version) vs Beerus
Kefla (anime version) vs Beerus

Note that Kefla is a Potara fusion of SSJ Caulifla and BSSJ Kale. The same rules for fusion apply where size and power are taken into account. Both Caulifla and Kale are similar in size and physical characteristics but they have drastically different power. Therefore, the fusion is not optimal. They are also fused as Super Saiyans, so the resulting fusion is also a Super Saiyan with no Base.

Assume unlimited time limit for this scenario.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:39 am

shadowfox87 wrote:Kefla (manga version) vs Beerus
Beerus would win easily. He beat the tar out of Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta when he was seriously and was able to fend himself against multiple Gods of Destruction at the same time.

Kefla is just on par with Ultimate Gohan who likely isn't even as strong as a Super Saiyan Blue.
This would depend on whether you think Kefla is stronger than God of Destruction Toppo. Toppo is probably close to Beerus' level but probably still wouldn't beat him.

Is Super Saiyan 2 Kefla stronger than that Toppo? I don't know. According to those stickers she isn't and that's probably the closest thing we have to anything official.

It would mean that Toppo and Super Saiyan Blue Evolution Vegeta would be stronger than at least Ultra Instinct Goku on first appearance though but that's possible I suppose.

But yeah I'd say Beerus again.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:25 am

Bullza wrote:
Beerus would win easily. He beat the tar out of Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta when he was seriously and was able to fend himself against multiple Gods of Destruction at the same time.

Kefla is just on par with Ultimate Gohan who likely isn't even as strong as a Super Saiyan Blue.
This would depend on whether you think Kefla is stronger than God of Destruction Toppo. Toppo is probably close to Beerus' level but probably still wouldn't beat him.

Is Super Saiyan 2 Kefla stronger than that Toppo? I don't know. According to those stickers she isn't and that's probably the closest thing we have to anything official.

It would mean that Toppo and Super Saiyan Blue Evolution Vegeta would be stronger than at least Ultra Instinct Goku on first appearance though but that's possible I suppose.

But yeah I'd say Beerus again.
Do you have a link to those stickers?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:38 am

ekrolo2 wrote:Do you have a link to those stickers?
Only sort of. I just looked through the images on Google.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=drago ... 00&bih=960

I did make a note of a bunch of them though.

Dragon Ball Chou Senshi

UI Goku - 9,600
Jiren - 9,500
SSJB Vegito - 9,300
UI Omen Goku - 9,000
SSJ Royal Blue Vegeta - 9,000
Merged Zamasu - 9,000

GoD Toppo - 8,900
SSJB Goku Kaioken - 8,800
SSJB Vegeta - 8,800
SSJ Kefla - 8,700
SSJB Goku - 8,300
Hit - 8,200
Golden Frieza - 8,200
Dyspo - 8,200
SSJR Goku Black - 8,100
SSJR Goku Black - 8,000
SSJB Vegeta - 8,000
Spirit Sword Trunks - 8,000
Toppo - 8,000

SSJG Goku - 7,800
Frieza and Frost - 7,800
SSJB Vegeta - 7,500
Ultimate Gohan - 7,400
Utlimate Gohan - 7,200
LSSJ Kale - 7,000

Gohan - 6,800
SSJ2 Caulifla - 6,500
Android 17 - 6,500
Trio De Dangers - 6,000

SSJ3 Gotenks - 5,900
SSJ Goku - 5,800
Ribrianne (Butterfly) - 5,500
Piccolo - 5,000

Vegeta (Chef) - 4,000
Future Trunks - 4,000
Tien and Roshi - 4,000
Zamasu - 4,000

SSJ Cabba - 3,800
Gotenks - 3,800
Future Trunks - 3,500
Android 18 and Krillin - 3,200
SSJ Trunks - 3,000
Supreme Kai - 3,000

SSJ Goten - 2,800
Kale - 2,800
Goten and Trunks - 2,500

As we mentioned before, there may be some discrepancies here and there but you can tell that someone has actually put the effort to think about it. Based on what we know already I'd say if Beerus had a number it'd be about 9,200.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:50 pm

Note that Kefla is a Potara fusion of SSJ Caulifla and BSSJ Kale. The same rules for fusion apply where size and power are taken into account. Both Caulifla and Kale are similar in size and physical characteristics but they have drastically different power. Therefore, the fusion is not optimal. They are also fused as Super Saiyans, so the resulting fusion is also a Super Saiyan with no Base.

Assume unlimited time limit for this scenario.

Beerus one shots

Beerus with low-mid difficulty.

An outside promotional material said 3rd UIO Goku "might" be stronger than Beerus. However there are 2 points with regards to that

3rd UIO Goku was getting stronger and stronger vs jiren as whis was saying he was fully focused on the battle, even toppo and belmod were worried about his "heat" reaching the bench.

Nothing in the actual show was stated about Omen goku being > Beerus. Personally I think Goku didn't surpass Beerus until he competed UI.

Kefla is >=< 2nd UIO Goku who should be significantly weaker than 3rd UIO Goku, Not to mention Beerus has hakai

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:05 pm

I think the real question should be Kafla vs Champa.
Caulifla best girl! :)