Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun May 20, 2018 12:03 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote: Yea No, By the Manga Images that I went over, pre-English dub, Ribrianne was shooting away at 18 Pretty well and only seem to lose her focus when, by what I have heard, was jealous over 18 having such a Handsome Husband in Krillian. Which IMO is a nice change around from the Anime where he was thought as not pretty over his nose which really did not make sense for Ribrianne's character, so I am glad they did a 180 on that in the Manga.

Also cause of this it seemed Ribrianne both lost her focus due her feels over Krillian and also more to when her Friends got hurt as well, tending to lean more to the theories that Ribrianne's power levels is base on her confidence and focus on her beliefs, be nice for Toei to give 411 on that both for the Manga and Anime Versions. Also the Fight did not have a proper conclusion to it since the invisible fighter of U4 knocked them all out.

Also No Super Ribrianne or Giant Super Ribrianne where put into the Manga either like in the anme, so if those forms are cannon in the Manga we did not see a proper high level fight from both ladies, but we need more info from Toei on that.

Will need the English to get a more fully detailed ideal of what went down in their discussions too.

Also Manga and Anime Versions are clearly different with how they are presenting the characters, to conclude in the Anime Goku was just F-ing around just based on Manga 18 vs. Ribrianne is purely silly cause of how different both stories characterizations and show of power are.
I suggest you don't see the full chapter. You're going to be crushed.

18 literally gets annoyed at her attacks and just uses a shockwave to defeat her. Then she starts counting from 5 for her to jump off.

That's how weak Ribrianne is.
Ohhh.......Well in that case I should just take my back wor.....LOL :lol: .....Serious....that is it, sound more like standard Dragon Ball quirks to me. :lol:

I should have known the dialogue would go something like the cheese we got from 17 saying similar in 102. Trying to rage the full fledged power of both ladies just by that alone is laughable, so yea full conclusions from that alone yea don't think so. What is the real and sad point is we did not get to see what would have happen by the end of that 5-count by 18, like in 117 we go such overpowering moments form 18 overcasting Brianne only for Base Brianne to outsmart her in a trap. Blunt power is not the only form to victory, Anything could go down which made the Anime Superior regarding the ladies fight. So much should have been seen to go down in those final moments we will never get in the Manga from either 18 or Ribrianne, which lessons the Manga compared to the Anime.

Both ladies by what I have seen in the Manga Lend some good hits, so both deserve praise, but they where rob of the ability to finish their fight.

So Thanks I look forward to the banter the ladies have in the Manga to unsalt knowing that both are gone now to fast.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun May 20, 2018 1:07 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:...
Did you know you'd misspelled resources in your signature?

Oh and there too.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun May 20, 2018 1:44 pm

Bullza wrote:

Oh and there too.
Weird I never caught that since that is my homepage, eh Happens, thanks for the heads-up, corrected it on my Signature. :thumbup:
My #1 in DB!

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun May 20, 2018 1:56 pm

To me CSsB is still the equivalent of SSB kaioken in the anime. Thats how i see it based on the fact that fused zamasu was evenly matched with one, and a playing around beerus was sweating against one of them.

There is no clear answer, so I'm sticking with my interpretation.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun May 20, 2018 2:06 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Bullza wrote:

Oh and there too.
Weird I never caught that since that is my homepage, eh Happens, thanks for the heads-up, corrected it on my Signature. :thumbup:
You also used "Their" instead of the correct "There"

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun May 20, 2018 2:12 pm

PFM18 wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Bullza wrote:

Oh and there too.
You also used "Their" instead of the correct "There"
Alright got that as well, Thanks for helping me correct that error too. :thumbup:
Last edited by CJStriker_CBR on Sun May 20, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My #1 in DB!

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sun May 20, 2018 2:12 pm

Fused Zamasu was thwarted by Super Saiyan Blue's full power and then downright overwhelmed by Kaioken in the anime. He didn't become stronger until powering up to his anime-exclusive "Mutated" form, which was strong enough to put up more of a fight against Vegito Blue than he was capable of doing in the manga. Aside from that, there's a ton of other evidence - recently outlined by Bullza - that would imply the completed Blue to be the same as regular Blue in the anime. The incompleted Blue in the manga also appears to have been retired, and its replacement (for all intents and purposes) serves as a rival to characters such as Toppo, Frieza, and so on.

Whis' dialogue was meant to be more of a narrative parallel rather than a strength-based one. He was just saying that it's the strongest form Goku had available at that moment.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun May 20, 2018 2:39 pm

I too am in the camp that anime SSB and Complete SSB are relatively comparable.

I will, however, give an ever-so-slight edge to Complete SSB, since SSB Goku needed a Full-Power Kamehameha beyond his normal limits to mess the initial Merged Zamasu up pretty royally. In fact, that moment seems comparable to when Complete SSB Goku used the Hakai against Merged Zamasu in the manga.

Actually, I retract that previous statement. The two forms are completely equal in most senses; Goku and Vegeta are much stronger in the anime than the manga, and I think that's how it should stay.

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Sun May 20, 2018 5:16 pm

The Merged Zamasu from the manga isn't equivalent to the Merged Zamasu that fought Goku and Vegeta in the anime. Manga Merged Zamasu doesn't have the Halo form, so he's logically equivalent to the Anime Merged Zamasu right after he was formed, without the Halo.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun May 20, 2018 5:35 pm

:lol: at the game quote...

Fans are doing all they can to force their wishes about Goku and Jiren being stronger than ALL gods. A simple statement would of been made about Goku and Jiren surpassing Beerus. But it hasn't because Beerus will still be stronger in order for the series to continue.

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Sun May 20, 2018 5:48 pm

Them being stated to have power surpassing a God of Destruction is conclusive unless people are trying to say that Beerus isn't a God of Destruction.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun May 20, 2018 6:02 pm

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:Them being stated to have power surpassing a God of Destruction is conclusive unless people are trying to say that Beerus isn't a God of Destruction.
It's like when people say that Beerus is beyond all the Hakaishin, yet Hakaishin level is always used to refer to their strength level as a whole.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon May 21, 2018 3:52 am

I just read the chapter in Spanish and Quitela confirms Damon > Gamisaras. Probably everyone had it like that but it's nice to have confirmation.

The interesting part is that indeed Ribrianne seems to have her power affected by her emotions since before she found out Kuririn was 18's husband, her attacks actually pushed 18 back and even Beerus said they were strong. Once she learned about them, her attacks did absolutely nothing to 18.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon May 21, 2018 7:20 am

ZombieVito wrote:I just read the chapter in Spanish and Quitela confirms Damon > Gamisaras. Probably everyone had it like that but it's nice to have confirmation.

The interesting part is that indeed Ribrianne seems to have her power affected by her emotions since before she found out Kuririn was 18's husband, her attacks actually pushed 18 back and even Beerus said they were strong. Once she learned about them, her attacks did absolutely nothing to 18.
Well, as a magical girl parody, it makes sense.

I'd even personally go as far as to say that, in the anime, 18 beat her Love with her own, a Love greater than the kind Universe 2 ascribes to; it just works that way for magical girls. Yep, that's right, 18 became a magical girl :mrgreen:

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon May 21, 2018 7:43 am

Yeah now I'm not sure if Android 18 actually is stronger than Ribrianne at all. She was clearly losing at first.

Then apparently Ribrianne lost so much power than she almost purposefully​ jumped off herself. That might be the only reason why Android 18 won.

I can't remember how it went in the anime now if it was implied who was the stronger of the two.

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Mon May 21, 2018 8:18 am

How is Dragonball Heroes going to affect power scalling?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon May 21, 2018 8:35 am

AvatarReiko wrote:How is Dragonball Heroes going to affect power scalling?
Not much if at all, I'd say. Personally I'm going to avoid using the upcoming Heroes anime for any kind of power scaling, be it character comparisons or Super vs GT comparisons, due to Heroes... well, being Heroes.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Mon May 21, 2018 9:07 am

Bullza wrote:Yeah now I'm not sure if Android 18 actually is stronger than Ribrianne at all. She was clearly losing at first.

Then apparently Ribrianne lost so much power than she almost purposefully​ jumped off herself. That might be the only reason why Android 18 won.

I can't remember how it went in the anime now if it was implied who was the stronger of the two.
In the anime, 18 was definitely the stronger one. Even before Ribrianne went giant, 18 was still winning against her. Then Ribrianne went giant and 18 was still winning. Supreme Kai himself said that 18's love was above Ribrianne's love.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon May 21, 2018 10:59 am

So this upcoming Dragon Ball Heroes anime coming up does actually feature the characters from Dragon Ball Super like Goku, Vegeta and Trunks, I think from after the Universe Survival saga, at the very least the Future Trunks saga. I don't think it's supposed to be some alternate timeline version, I think it's meant to be the very same characters we've been talking about for years.

It also seems like Super Saiyan Blue Goku is going to fight against Super Saiyan 4 Goku Xeno as well. From what I've read, in the manga it's Super Saiyan Blue Goku that wins. It might not be that way in the anime but if it is then there might be someone who can probably work out some calculation for how strong Super Saiyan Blue is based on any multipliers that might exist.

I'm not sure on this but I think Goku Xeno.....it's the same Goku as from GT is it? Isn't he just another alternate version of Goku who can also become Super Saiyan 4? And isn't he meant to be stronger than the GT version? I don't know.

I forgot who it was now but someone here mentioned talking about the Dragon Ball Heroes power levels but then others waved it off as too complicated. Now this is a thing so it might be worth it after all.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon May 21, 2018 11:12 am

Bullza wrote:So this upcoming Dragon Ball Heroes anime coming up does actually feature the characters from Dragon Ball Super like Goku, Vegeta and Trunks, I think from after the Universe Survival saga, at the very least the Future Trunks saga. I don't think it's supposed to be some alternate timeline version, I think it's meant to be the very same characters we've been talking about for years.

It also seems like Super Saiyan Blue Goku is going to fight against Super Saiyan 4 Goku Xeno as well. From what I've read, in the manga it's Super Saiyan Blue Goku that wins. It might not be that way in the anime but if it is then there might be someone who can probably work out some calculation for how strong Super Saiyan Blue is based on any multipliers that might exist.

I'm not sure on this but I think Goku Xeno.....it's the same Goku as from GT is it? Isn't he just another alternate version of Goku who can also become Super Saiyan 4? And isn't he meant to be stronger than the GT version? I don't know.

I forgot who it was now but someone here mentioned talking about the Dragon Ball Heroes power levels but then others waved it off as too complicated. Now this is a thing so it might be worth it after all.
Geekdom101 did a video recently on a preview summary for the first arc of the anime on the Cardass website, and he also covered some tidbits from the arcade storyline in the video and the comments section.

Apparently, Xeno Goku had experienced God Ki AND the events of DBGT, and thus is meant to be stronger than his GT counterpart.