Dragon Ball Super: TV Ratings Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hit!!
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super: TV Ratings Discussion Thread

Post by Hit!! » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:27 pm

Guys guys guys, calm the F down!!!

DBS was at the 5th position this week.. 2 positions higher then last week!! You know what that means?? That Super is not the problem, people simply weren't watching tv last week..

As for the actual rating, 4.3 is still pretty damn good, even if it's low for Super's standards.. Super won't get cancelled just because of a 4.3 rating, stop the drama.. Jeez!!

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:27 pm

While Super is in the top 10, Super will continue to air.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:45 pm

Hit!! wrote:DBS was at the 5th position this week.. 2 positions higher then last week!!
Yeah but that's only because Crayon Shin Chan and Doraemon didn't air this week.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:53 pm

Ratings don't matter much but if Super continues to decrease like this, that isn't good
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:12 pm

Super is bound to last at least 200 episodes. It's always going to be in the top 10.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:16 pm

And even if it does drop out of the Top 10, then maybe they'll do something drastic and crazy in an attempt to keep it up, Which I'd totally be up for.

For now I'll wait till the arc is over before I know how to feel about this. Because right now I'm just kind of "meh, I kind of get it". I like the arc and all but it's not as exciting as the previous arc. At least for me.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:19 pm

I swear we're going to see people overreact for every new episode now that airs for the rest of the year.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:22 pm

I also prefer the previous arc to this one. There's a couple things I'm looking forward to (Gokû's new transformation, the potentially large number of precure send-ups that Ribrianne and friends may parody) but nothing fun to really sink my teeth into. It's been a while since I've really had a lot of fun with Super, so I'm not too worried about the ratings atm.

As long as we're in the top 10, I don't think there's a need to worry. Say we drop below said top 10 and stay there for multiple weeks, then it's panic time.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:23 pm

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!! I'm freaking out!!!
Feels over Reals.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:32 pm

MajinMan wrote:Super got it's 4th lowest rating ever? Welp, looks like the Japanese fans knew that the episode would suck and did not watch it ahead of time. It was fun while it lasted guys, but it seems like Super is gonna get cancelled mid-tournament.
I called this a week ago. It's only a matter of time before Toei fires all their employees and cancels Dragon Ball Super. The Japanese fans have expressed their dislike for the series and now it's all over. Hopefully when the manga catches up in 2 years, the anime will return with higher ratings than ever before!
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:39 pm

LOL, I'm surprised the usual suspect didn't show up and say, "Well nobody cared about Krillin" to say why the ratings for that episode were poor before it even aired. :lol:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:40 pm

MajinMan wrote:
MajinMan wrote:Super got it's 4th lowest rating ever? Welp, looks like the Japanese fans knew that the episode would suck and did not watch it ahead of time. It was fun while it lasted guys, but it seems like Super is gonna get cancelled mid-tournament.
I called this a week ago. It's only a matter of time before Toei fires all their employees and cancels Dragon Ball Super. The Japanese fans have expressed their dislike for the series and now it's all over. Hopefully when the manga catches up in 2 years, the anime will return with higher ratings than ever before!
I cant tell if this is serious...
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:42 pm

It's true, the Toei execs said if Super continues to slip under a 5.0 it's days are numbered. Looks like Super might get canceled soon. :crazy:

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:48 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Compared to last week, everyone is down significantly except for Chibi Maruko-chan, which was up .4%. Is there some kind of big holiday going on over there? It's kinda strange seeing overall viewership be down so much for two weeks straight.
Yes, there was Tanabata then Ocean Day. If you look at last years' anime ratings they were even lower this time of year. It's just the OP/Super didn't air last year that week due to a marathon, I think.
Last edited by LuckyCat on Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:48 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:
MajinMan wrote:
I cant tell if this is serious...
I'm 100% serious. The Goku vs Jiren episode is going to air and cutoff midway because the animators were told that the series was cancelled, so they left the episode half done. That will be the end of Super. And it will get a 0.1 rating.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:51 pm

Boo Machine wrote:And even if it does drop out of the Top 10, then maybe they'll do something drastic and crazy in an attempt to keep it up, Which I'd totally be up for.

For now I'll wait till the arc is over before I know how to feel about this. Because right now I'm just kind of "meh, I kind of get it". I like the arc and all but it's not as exciting as the previous arc. At least for me.
Previous Arc was heavily carried by Black, the current arc need someone of the caliber of him, but so far its nothing.

Its important to have an entertaining antagonist otherwise viewers wouldnt bother to watch the show.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:00 am

perucho1990 wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:And even if it does drop out of the Top 10, then maybe they'll do something drastic and crazy in an attempt to keep it up, Which I'd totally be up for.

Previous Arc was heavily carried by Black, the current arc need someone of the caliber of him, but so far its nothing.

Its important to have an entertaining antagonist otherwise viewers wouldnt bother to watch the show.
You're not wrong. There was plenty of build up for some of the heros, but none for Jiren, the guy to look out for. We learned nothing about him before the tournament, and now that he is around, he just kind of stands there. Not the most exciting antagonist, so I'm not sitting here wondering what Jiren is going to do next.

Though that does make me wonder how next week is going to do, since the core fights are going to be between characters that we know and spent time with. The U7 and U6 Saiyans. Should be interesting.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Master Xar
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Master Xar » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:13 am

I don't wanna see Super cancelled, but hopefully now Toei, Toyotaro, and Toriyama will finally start feeling the pressure and start taking DBS more seriously and are going to try harder, no more references, no more rehashed ideas, they've got so many concepts and ideas to work with, and it feels like they're playing it too safe and lazy, I want them to go IN!

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:43 am

Boo Machine wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:

You're not wrong. There was plenty of build up for some of the heros, but none for Jiren, the guy to look out for. We learned nothing about him before the tournament, and now that he is around, he just kind of stands there. Not the most exciting antagonist, so I'm not sitting here wondering what Jiren is going to do next.

Though that does make me wonder how next week is going to do, since the core fights are going to be between characters that we know and spent time with. The U7 and U6 Saiyans. Should be interesting.
are we still on the content is what matters myth.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:46 am

Totamo wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:

are we still on the content is what matters myth.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that, so possibly? Be my myth buster.

In any case, I'm mostly just speaking about how I feel about what's going on in the show.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.