Dragon Ball Super: TV Ratings Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super: TV Ratings Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:50 pm

We beat One Piece? Impressive!
Granted side by side, Super this week had more to offer, but still! Very cool.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:51 pm

Dragon Ball is Surpreme in Japan haha, One Piece will never reach Dragon Ball's status and will forvever play second fiddle. One Piece compared to Dragon Ball Super is utter trash really, it's disgusting going back to it each week, after I watch a episode of Super. It's such a brilliant and beautiful anime, I give it a round of applause after every episode, knowing the next episode will be better then the last. On a serious note, I'm betting Super will beat One Piece next week too.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:54 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:Dragon Ball is Surpreme in Japan haha, One Piece will never reach Dragon Ball's status and will forvever play second fiddle. One Piece compared to Dragon Ball Super is utter trash really, it's disgusting going back to it each week, after I watch a episode of Super. It's such a brilliant and beautiful anime, I give it a round of applause after every episode, knowing the next episode will be better then the last.
Yeah no, look at the all time comic sales and see how wrong that statement is
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:54 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I hated that manga chapter and I LOVE One Piece.
In my opinion, I think it had more to do with Brulee , I hated everything about her, she is as garbage as those poachers from the 17 recruitment episode.

Sanji vs Yonji had a quite high views on youtube, so the Sanji stuff is the hook for OP so far.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:10 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Sanji vs Yonji had a quite high views on youtube, so the Sanji stuff is the hook for OP so far.
I think One Piece will rise again over the next couple weeks, with the Sanji flashbacks and all..but it seems like the slowness is finally getting to the audience.
It's definitely not every day you see an anime series beaten by its lead-in, but we shouldn't be surprised if it happens more times in the near future, considering how irregular OP has been doing since the end of Dressrosa.
But just the fact DBS definitely doesn't rely on One Piece to be a hit is good enough for the franchise.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:13 pm

Araki wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:Sanji vs Yonji had a quite high views on youtube, so the Sanji stuff is the hook for OP so far.
I think One Piece will rise again over the next couple weeks, with the Sanji flashbacks and all..but it seems like the slowness is finally getting to the audience.
It's definitely not every day you see an anime series beaten by its lead-in, but we shouldn't be surprised if it happens more times in the near future, considering how irregular OP has been doing since the end of Dressrosa.
But just the fact DBS definitely doesn't rely on One Piece to be a hit is good enough for the franchise.
I don't think it'll take a few weeks because the ratings are always fluctuating and Sanji is entering an interesting situation in the next episode. This is only one time and I feel like people are jumping to conclusions too quickly especially with the Sanji stuff happening and remember that Kai beat One Piece a few times too
Last edited by VejituhTheWarriorGuy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:14 pm

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote:Dragon Ball is Surpreme in Japan haha, One Piece will never reach Dragon Ball's status and will forvever play second fiddle. One Piece compared to Dragon Ball Super is utter trash really, it's disgusting going back to it each week, after I watch a episode of Super. It's such a brilliant and beautiful anime, I give it a round of applause after every episode, knowing the next episode will be better then the last.
The entire post is quite obviously sarcasm haha.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:16 pm

kinisking wrote:
The entire post is quite obviously sarcasm haha.
Hope you're right

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:18 pm

Freeza sure brings a lot of good things to DB :)

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:22 pm

EDIT: Nevermind, I can see now that the post isn't serious

ChocoBar9

Post by ChocoBar9 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:33 pm

It might have taken 94 episodes but Super finally beat OP. Congrats I guess. :roll:

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:30 pm

I don't get what the big deal is ? Super is ranked 6th and that's usually either 6th or 7th nothing new here , what will be impressive is when it's ranked higher than that,One Piece's rating isn't stable at all it can go to close to 8 % to 5 %.

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:16 am

I think Super will climb a few positions when the tournament starts.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:25 am

yeah, I remembered that chapter as well.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:32 am

Holy shit, I wasn't expecting Super to outperform One Piece. That's pretty cool. :)

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:32 am

It began......Super's journey for glory!!!!
I can already smell Sazae-san fear!!!!
To victory!!!!

Luffy finally learned his place..... and waited for Goku

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:37 am

Not the episode I would have expected to beat One Piece. That's the lowest rated One Piece episode ever?

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:46 am

Mazingerdestro wrote:It began......Super's journey for glory!!!!
To victory!!!!

People seem to forget that Kai did it too and it's not like it's going to be keep beating it

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:50 am

Mazingerdestro wrote:It began......Super's journey for glory!!!!
To victory!!!!

People seem to forget that Kai did it too and it's not like it's going to be keep beating it
Give it some time. The tournament is close.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:57 am

Umm I'm confused, I'm pretty sure Super beat One Piece once before..