Dragon Ball Super: TV Ratings Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Super: TV Ratings Discussion Thread

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:27 pm

With the recent terrible new spoilers, I doubt episode 130 and 131 get better ratings. Very sad. It was so easy on what they needed to do to continue the hype and end Super on the highest note possible.

They made a grave mistake nerfing MUI Goku and catering to Jiren.

This just makes me hate Jiren as a character. You dont watch an episode for Jiren. Just terrible. Jiren isn't going to bring the ratings

Shounen
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shounen » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:44 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Shounen wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Does this mean Super was #1 among fighter/combat animes?
One Piece is #1.
Both seem to be listed #5 ?
I mean in general.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:09 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Jiren isn't going to bring the ratings
Goku and Freeza-sama will.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:30 am

Between the way Super will end and the low ratings, now I'm not so sure if we ever will get another series. Perhaps its time for Dragonball to end, besides movies I guess.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:38 am

I wish that was the case cause my god are the producers blatantly milking it in the shittiest way possible, but that is not happening. Dragon Ball will be back on TV within a year or two.

Nightbane

Post by Nightbane » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:38 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:With the recent terrible new spoilers, I doubt episode 130 and 131 get better ratings. Very sad. It was so easy on what they needed to do to continue the hype and end Super on the highest note possible.

This just makes me hate Jiren as a character. You dont watch an episode for Jiren. Just terrible. Jiren isn't going to bring the ratings
Dang, do you hate Super now? I remember you use to praise the hell out of it, but now it seems like you despise it. Everyone predicted that Goku was gonna win and resurrect everyone, so I would argue that this was actually unpredictable.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:32 pm

precita wrote:Between the way Super will end and the low ratings, now I'm not so sure if we ever will get another series. Perhaps its time for Dragonball to end, besides movies I guess.
Since when were the ratings important? The toy sales matter.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:16 am

precita wrote:Between the way Super will end and the low ratings, now I'm not so sure if we ever will get another series. Perhaps its time for Dragonball to end, besides movies I guess.
It's funny that people think that Dragon Ball can't have another series due to "Super's low ratings". Has anyone noticed that Super has constantly been in the top 10 in rating since the first episode? That shows that Dragon Ball is still popular so please stop with the nonsense about Super being unpopular.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:20 am

Super's ratings have literally never been low, not that that matters anyways when the important part is that DB is bringing in a metric shit ton of money right now.
I don't understand how you're still under the impression that Super's ratings are low, you've been told so many times that they aren't and the fact that it is ALWAYS in the top 10 despite the fact that TONS of anime air every week should make that obvious to you.
Tons of successful shows don't even reach Super's ratings and they sure as hell don't make as much money.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:16 pm

Nightbane wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:With the recent terrible new spoilers, I doubt episode 130 and 131 get better ratings. Very sad. It was so easy on what they needed to do to continue the hype and end Super on the highest note possible.

Dang, do you hate Super now? I remember you use to praise the hell out of it, but now it seems like you despise it. Everyone predicted that Goku was gonna win and resurrect everyone, so I would argue that this was actually unpredictable.
Instead of waiting for the episode to air, people are just jumping the gun as per usual, learned nothing in 3 years. More recent major meltdowns the fanbase had was over Freeza's inclusion and now he's praised as one of the best things of the arc.

Literally we do not know how things will turn out on screen.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:52 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Nightbane wrote:

Instead of waiting for the episode to air, people are just jumping the gun as per usual, learned nothing in 3 years. More recent major meltdowns the fanbase had was over Freeza's inclusion and now he's praised as one of the best things of the arc.

Literally we do not know how things will turn out on screen.
I mean we don't even know if maybe Goku loses due to him losing Mastered Ultra Instinct before he finishes off Jiren. There are so many possibilities and people are already complaining before an episode comes out. Why does this keeps happening over and over again?
Majinwarman

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:11 am

What are people whining about now? What's wrong with the spoilers?

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:59 pm

Bullza wrote:What are people whining about now? What's wrong with the spoilers?
People are mad because they don't like what they hear before they see it happen.
Majinwarman

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:05 pm

Err episode 129 with MUI Goku just got an amazing 5,5% rating

Super was the #1 most watched fighter anime

Super is a juggernaut. Dragon Ball+MUI Goku hype=breaks ratings

I expect 130 to equal if not surpass 129 (still MUI Goku in 130 looking great)

But if it's revealed that Goku is eliminated during the ending spoilers for 130, then I see 131 suffering a huge decline in ratings.

As a whole the series of Super has had incredible ratings and generated a shit ton of revenue. It's coming back: ) And in fact, was just confirmed to be coming back earlier today. Sorry confirmed may not be the right word. But for sure heavily implied

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:15 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:

But if it's revealed that Goku is eliminated during the ending spoilers for 130, then I see 131 suffering a huge decline in ratings.

As a whole the series of Super has had incredible ratings and generated a shit ton of revenue. It's coming back: ) And in fact, was just confirmed to be coming back earlier today. Sorry confirmed may not be the right word. But for sure heavily implied
You are very bipolar it seems

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:25 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:

Lol yes because opinions can never change. My opinions changed over the course of a week after giving it more thought

I said this

"it's revealed that Goku is eliminated during the ending spoilers for 130, then I see 131 suffering a huge decline in ratings"

So my stance in this thread has actually stood very consistent

I.e that ratings depend on Goku, and that if Goku is eliminated in 131 then I expect ratings for 131 to decline

If you have been reading my posts I also said that I will now reserve judgment until the episodes air.

I was genuinely disappointed about the spoilers. But there's also a possibility they were red hearings to mislead (new evidence is starting to support that)

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:48 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote: Err episode 129 with MUI Goku just got an amazing 5,5% rating

Lol yes because opinions can never change. My opinions changed over the course of a week after giving it more thought

I said this

"it's revealed that Goku is eliminated during the ending spoilers for 130, then I see 131 suffering a huge decline in ratings"

I.e that ratings depend on Goku, and that if Goku is eliminated in 131 then I expect ratings for 131 to decline

If you have been reading my posts I also said that I will now reserve judgment until the episodes air.

I was genuinely disappointed about the spoilers. But there's also a possibility they were red hearings to mislead (new evidence is starting to support that)
The ratings doesn't depend on Goku. Episodes have had high ratings even without Goku being the focus of the episode.
Majinwarman

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:01 am

majinwarman wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:

I said this

The ratings doesn't depend on Goku. Episodes have had high ratings even without Goku being the focus of the episode.
How many episodes have done a 5,5 ?

Epsidoe 129 did amazing because of MUI Goku

I expect 130 to perform just as well if not better since it's still MUI Goku looking great in that episode

Ratings for 131 will depend on Goku. Especially in this context. Do you think that's a more fair statement, or better worded on my end?

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:21 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote: Lol yes because opinions can never change. My opinions changed over the course of a week after giving it more thought

I said this

How many episodes have done a 5,5 ?

Epsidoe 129 did amazing because of MUI Goku

I expect 130 to perform just as well if not better since it's still MUI Goku looking great in that episode

Ratings for 131 will depend on Goku. Especially in this context. Do you think that's a more fair statement, or better worded on my end?
Look at episode 47 which didn't even focus on Goku at all. He was in like seven minutes of the whole episode and it got a 7. So, Super can do good without Goku being the focus of the episode.
Majinwarman

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:49 am

Just had a go on YouTube, and i saw numbers of massive public reactions of Episode 130 through all South America.

The entire South America went nuts. This is impressive, great to watch that passion and can be only good for Dragon Ball Franchise future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rzUTQmHvAE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8RpmJdSvaU

I just hope we'll beat One Piece this week in Japan, at least. Would like to se a 7.x for the final episode.