Dragon Ball Super: TV Ratings Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bigivel
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super: TV Ratings Discussion Thread

Post by Bigivel » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:10 am

Michsi wrote:My Hero Academia is doing really well. For those keeping track, do we ever see another anime that isn't one of these long-running shows make into the top 10?

Also, this list is for animated shows only right? No dramas and such?
Yep, only animated shows.

In the time-slot where My Hero Academia is, this is the worst run for an anime. And Note that for some good years previously the series running in that timeslot weren't long-running either.
The last series running in the timeslot was Time Bokan 24, that did better than My Hero Academia. The next series will be Time Bokan 24 2nd season, let's see if does the same, worse or better than what My Hero Academia is doing right now.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:55 am

Michsi wrote:
precita wrote:Well regardless of other factors, the tournament of power is the lowest rated arc of Super thus far. The next arc will probably get similar ratings though (no matter what it is or what it's about), so I guess it doesn't matter.
Did the Zamasu arc have lower ratings than the U6 vs U7 tournament arc? Just wandering if it's a general trend.
No it actually had the highest.

Battle of Gods - 5.89%
Resurrection F - 5.61%
Universe 6 - 6.0%
Future Trunks - 6.28%

This Universe Survival saga now has the lowest. Which is why it's odd because it's not like there was a general slow down over the past couple years. It saw some good improvements and now it's just tumbled suddenly.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:19 am

Bullza wrote: No it actually had the highest.

Battle of Gods - 5.89%
Resurrection F - 5.61%
Universe 6 - 6.0%
Future Trunks - 6.28%

This Universe Survival saga now has the lowest. Which is why it's odd because it's not like there was a general slow down over the past couple years. It saw some good improvements and now it's just tumbled suddenly.
This is odd, and slightly worrisome....

But I think some people mentioned that there has been a drop in viewership across the board, so it's not just DB ratings that have dipped. I wonder if this is the reason Super suddenly got world wide accessibility via Crunchyroll and Daisuki. They needed to get views from somewhere else.

ChocoBar9

Post by ChocoBar9 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:55 am

Bigivel wrote:
Michsi wrote:My Hero Academia is doing really well. For those keeping track, do we ever see another anime that isn't one of these long-running shows make into the top 10?

In the time-slot where My Hero Academia is, this is the worst run for an anime. And Note that for some good years previously the series running in that timeslot weren't long-running either.
The last series running in the timeslot was Time Bokan 24, that did better than My Hero Academia. The next series will be Time Bokan 24 2nd season, let's see if does the same, worse or better than what My Hero Academia is doing right now.
Please re-frame from listening to Bigvel, he's well known for being a big MHA hater and a notorious Toei-shill. No this is not the lowest rated show on this timeslot not even close not when Ultimate Otaku Teacher exists, its current average is going at the same rate as Ace Attorney and Time Bokan 24 and in terms of sales its doing the best out of any show on that timeslot. Big never really considers several factors at play the most important being that;
1.) Ratings are down all across the board for every show in the top 10 but he will defend DBS ratings being worse than Toriko and Kai because those came out years ago
2.) There's not a huge margin difference between the ratings of Ace and Time Bokan like he wants you to believe and he will cite the reason why Time Bokan 24 having lower number is MHA's fault
3.) Its an entirely new brand, not an adaptation of a popular videogame franchise, a reboot of an established old property or a continuation of such but a new one that started 3 years ago

So currently its doing fine for that slot and given the fact that unlike Otaku Teacher or even Ace Attorney people didn't completely tune out of it after a certain amount of episodes (in Teacher's case after just 7 episodes) but Big will disagree and post more BS like he always does.

Bigivel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bigivel » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:28 pm

ChocoBar9 wrote:
Bigivel wrote:

Please re-frame from listening to Bigvel, he's well known for being a big MHA hater and a notorious Toei-shill. No this is not the lowest rated show on this timeslot not even close not when Ultimate Otaku Teacher exists, its current average is going at the same rate as Ace Attorney and Time Bokan 24 and in terms of sales its doing the best out of any show on that timeslot. Big never really considers several factors at play the most important being that;
1.) Ratings are down all across the board for every show in the top 10 but he will defend DBS ratings being worse than Toriko and Kai because those came out years ago
2.) There's not a huge margin difference between the ratings of Ace and Time Bokan like he wants you to believe and he will cite the reason why Time Bokan 24 having lower number is MHA's fault
3.) Its an entirely new brand, not an adaptation of a popular videogame franchise, a reboot of an established old property or a continuation of such but a new one that started 3 years ago

So currently its doing fine for that slot and given the fact that unlike Otaku Teacher or even Ace Attorney people didn't completely tune out of it after a certain amount of episodes (in Teacher's case after just 7 episodes) but Big will disagree and post more BS like he always does.

You again? Do I have to recall previous post to shut you up again. Oh ... even with evidence you don't!
Please, stop putting words in my mouth, that is a Straw Man Fallacy.

Yep, I forgot the horrible flop that was Otaku Teacher, the only other black stain in the timeslot. But if you're defending My Hero Academia with just that, you're not defending it very well.

I already showed you that Time Bokan 24 got a ton better ratings than MHA.

Time Bokan 24 came right before MHA and it was only 2 seasons, like MHA. so you really don't have the TV ratings is falling overall. Also is not just the rating values, but the position is also bad. So it decrease way more than the rest.

What are you talking with Time Bokan 24 having lower ratings than MHA?

Is funny that you say that people tune out of Ace Attorney, but even Tuned out more people were watching it than MHA right now. Funny how those things work.

ChocoBar9

Post by ChocoBar9 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:45 pm

Bigivel wrote:
ChocoBar9 wrote:
Bigivel wrote:

You again? Do I have to recall previous post to shut you up again. Oh ... even with evidence you don't!
Never happened because even when you're blatantly wrong you always seem to want to move goalposts.
Yep, I forgot the horrible flop that was Otaku Teacher, the only other black stain in the timeslot. But if you're defending My Hero Academia with just that, you're not defending it very well.
So you finally admit you were wrong. This is a first. Of course I can because Ultimate Otaku Teacher had the highest premiere ratings within the past 3 years yet you never actually bring that up in regards to Time Boken and Ace Attonery just for MHA. I wonder why
I already showed you that Time Bokan 24 got a ton better ratings than MHA.
And I already proved that the margin wasn't big and you in your stupidity was comparing a completed show to one that was only half way done.
Time Bokan 24 came right before MHA and it was only 2 seasons, like MHA. so you really don't have the TV ratings is falling overall. Also is not just the rating values, but the position is also bad. So it decrease way more than the rest.
Actually I can because Time Bokan's ratings dropped as it went on much like Ace Attorney and also to make you look like a further idiot like I always do
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... 19/.113834
>9th
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -5/.113209
>8th
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... 26/.112906
>9th
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... 19/.112638
>8th
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... 12/.112357
>8th

What do you know? I guess Time Bokan's positions were also bad according to you? What's funny that the only time it was in the Top 5 was when DBS and One Piece were both on break that week but the ratings remained the same, this also goes back to you comparing a reboot of a 40 year old franchise to one of a 3 year old franchise but at least you can bail yourself out by using Magic Ka- or Case Files- or Ace Atto- whelp! So are you just going to stop posting about this or are you continue going to make a fool out of yourself like you always do?

Is funny that you say that people tune out of Ace Attorney, but even Tuned out more people were watching it than MHA right now. Funny how those things work.
Much like more people were watching TV back then than there are now. Funny how things work yet you ignore the ratings drop it suffered as it went on.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:03 pm

Michsi wrote:Did the Zamasu arc have lower ratings than the U6 vs U7 tournament arc? Just wandering if it's a general trend.
I'm pretty sure the first episode of the Future Trunks arc had the highest ratings of the entire series.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:37 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:More like One Piece has stopped shitting the bed quality wise. The episode that aired last week was good.

EDIT:I say this because One Piece does affect DBS a lot. Or so I think. I'm probably wrong anyway. LOL
Episode covered Sanjis backstory, was expected to be good.

As for DBS goes, I guess we need to see Piccolo getting trashed every single episode? :lol:

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:48 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Episode covered Sanjis backstory, was expected to be good.

As for DBS goes, I guess we need to see Piccolo getting trashed every single episode? :lol:
That's not how these ratings work. This episode has the same rating as when Goku went Super Saiyan God again and when Hit had a big part and it was just a generally good episode.

The content of the episode itself probably doesn't mean a whole lot.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:50 pm

Super's ratings will probably have a lull until whatever episode Goku's new form debuts in, then will probably go back to a lull to the final eps of the tournament.

I don't expect ratings to ever improve from this point on. The initial "freshness or newness" of Super is now over, and now it seems like the casual fanbase of the first 2 years has dropped off. They're not coming back.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:11 pm

precita wrote:Super's ratings will probably have a lull until whatever episode Goku's new form debuts in, then will probably go back to a lull to the final eps of the tournament.

I don't expect ratings to ever improve from this point on. The initial "freshness or newness" of Super is now over, and now it seems like the casual fanbase of the first 2 years has dropped off. They're not coming back.
if They aren't watching the tournament what makes you think they will show up for that?

Its simple.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:11 am

TV ratings for the week of 4th Sept to 10th Sept 2017
Source : http://www.videor.co.jp/tvrating/

Crayon Shin-chan - 7.2%
Doraemon - 6.5%
Detective Conan - 6.3%
Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon - 3.5%
Yo-kai watch - 3.5%
My Hero Accademia - 3.0%
Kirakira Pretty Cure A la Mode - 2.9%
Sean of anime sheep - 2.8%
Snack World - 2.7%
Sore Ike! Anpanman - 2.6%
Anime Osuri no George - 2.6%

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:39 am

This two part episode Special they are doing for One Piece and Dragon Ball Super wouldn't have anything to do with the seemingly declining ratings would it?

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:16 am

Bullza wrote:This two part episode Special they are doing for One Piece and Dragon Ball Super wouldn't have anything to do with the seemingly declining ratings would it?
DBS wouldn't even have a special, they've said they're just doing it because One Piece decided to have one. Maybe because DB happened to be at an important point too.
But if that was a factor then i guess every anime would need a special these days.

Also, funny how even without the four Fuji powerhouses, freaking Boruto just can't make a top 10 appearance.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:26 am

"Sean of anime sheep"... that TL is absolutely hilarious :lol: Just seeing the massive drop from Conan to the rest, ooer.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:41 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:"Sean of anime sheep"... that TL is absolutely hilarious :lol: Just seeing the massive drop from Conan to the rest, ooer.
I'm always surprised to see Sean the Sheep and Curious George so high in the ratings but not any of the Disney shows.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:50 pm

Man, TV is dying.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:09 pm

Araki wrote: Also, funny how even without the four Fuji powerhouses, freaking Boruto just can't make a top 10 appearance.
That's what I was thinking too.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:34 pm

Totamo wrote:Man, TV is dying.
Streaming's the future, for better or worse.

Viewers get to decide when to watch what, but appealing to massive audiences will continue to get more difficult so there will be fewer shows that people across all places will have in common.

It's why rebooting classic shows from the boomer, X, and early millennial eras is so popular, but really it's only a temporary fix since they won't be able to tap into future generations to that great a magnitude.
Last edited by Chuquita on Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:36 pm

Yeah, even Pokemon's ratings are not even a fraction of what they once were, yet it still makes the top 10. Now Pokemon only gets in the 3.0's....a decade ago when Hoenn and DP were airing it averaged in the 7.0-8.0's.

It's weird as hell.