Dragon Ball Super: TV Ratings Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Super: TV Ratings Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:33 am

Lapislettuce wrote:You're the biggest fool in this site anyway. all you do is cry about Piccolo 24/7 because he's not as relevant as you want him to be. you think your opinions are fact. you're repulsive and extremely annoying. good luck with your bitching.
Compose yourself.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:16 pm

The "issue" from the last page has already been taken care of. Y'all can stop reporting it now, please.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:14 pm

You guys realize that most of the time when DBS changes "ranking" it is really that Doraemon or Crayonshin chan weren't on that week, right? It has nothing to do with the relative popularity or quality of DBS?

The only "meaningful" change in rating you usually see if if Detective Conan is doing well or poorly. Detective Conan has been doing very well of late. So Super is lower. It is not a direct reflection on Super. When DC had a terrible lead in, Super occasionally beat it if it had a good week.

The only "real" exception to this was the one or two weeks where Super has tied/beat One piece.

Other than that, any "change" in Super's rankings are just due to what is on this week. Super has been about as popular (or unpopular) as it has ever been, with a few weeks that were outliers.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:05 pm

Pokemon has defeated DBS, I guess people changed the channel when the U2 Trio got that power of love boost or didnt care for Gohan/Piccolo vs Namekians..

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:27 pm

Pokémon beat us, huh?

I dropped Sun and Moon months ago, but I did read they finally brought in Lusamine. Was last week a big plot episode?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:30 pm

Chuquita wrote:Pokémon beat us, huh?

I dropped Sun and Moon months ago, but I did read they finally brought in Lusamine. Was last week a big plot episode?
Nebby evolved into Solgaleo and they went into Ultra Space. Next week is the battle with Lusamine absorbed by the Nihilego.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:41 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:

Nebby evolved into Solgaleo and they went into Ultra Space. Next week is the battle with Lusamine absorbed by the Nihilego.
Makes sense they'd beat us then. That stuff's near the end of the game's plot.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:42 pm

I'm curious about Time Bokan's sudden spike. The last episode was like 3.3.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:44 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I'm curious about Time Bokan's sudden spike. The last episode was like 3.3.
That could something to look into later.
perucho1990 wrote:Pokemon has defeated DBS, I guess people changed the channel when the U2 Trio got that power of love boost or didnt care for Gohan/Piccolo vs Namekians..

That's cool. I liked the Super episode but I feel happy that Pokemon outdid it this week. I love Sun and Moon so no anger here.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:45 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:

Yeah, I'm assuming they're gonna go into the Ultra Sun/Moon stuff with Necrozma soon. Which is weird cause this series went from 0-100 quick. It was all slice of life with no real progression and then all this Nebby stuff happened within 8 or so episodes.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:48 pm

Wow, never thought I'd see Super so low.

And yeah, Pokemon did better than usual because they're covering the climax of the game storyline right now. It'll probably decrease again when they go back to fillers next year.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:08 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Yeah, I'm assuming they're gonna go into the Ultra Sun/Moon stuff with Necrozma soon. Which is weird cause this series went from 0-100 quick. It was all slice of life with no real progression and then all this Nebby stuff happened within 8 or so episodes.
The lack of progression was actually why I dropped it. Surreal to hear they suddenly picked up the pace.

I might peek in on it, but I can't afford to keep up regularly.
I'm not strongly nostalgic enough for it.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:12 pm

Pokemon is not really something to watch week after week unless you're a hardcore fan, it's mostly made to binge watch or to skip around some of the filler.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:19 pm

precita wrote:Pokemon is not really something to watch week after week unless you're a hardcore fan, it's mostly made to binge watch or to skip around some of the filler.
Yeah that's what I'm gathering. I'm just not into the franchise enough to watch week to week. Last bit of Sun and Moon I watched was the Misty and Brock special guest episodes.

The only two reasons I even started Sun and Moon were "A supplement to the then live TFS Pokémon Moon Nuzlocke." and "The Gokû Black arc is over, but James of Team Rocket is voiced by the same guy who voiced Zamasu you say?" Neither of which is a long term reason to watch a long show.

I did however immediately dig into the archives to see what gyaru!Zamasu sounded like (from the aboard the St. Anne episodes). Didn't disappoint.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:27 pm

Chuquita wrote:
precita wrote:Pokemon is not really something to watch week after week unless you're a hardcore fan, it's mostly made to binge watch or to skip around some of the filler.
Yeah that's what I'm gathering. I'm just not into the franchise enough to watch week to week. Last bit of Sun and Moon I watched was the Misty and Brock special guest episodes.

The only two reasons I even started Sun and Moon were "A supplement to the then live TFS Pokémon Moon Nuzlocke." and "The Gokû Black arc is over, but James of Team Rocket is voiced by the same guy who voiced Zamasu you say?" Neither of which is a long term reason to watch a long show.

I did however immediately dig into the archives to see what gyaru!Zamasu sounded like (from the aboard the St. Anne episodes). Didn't disappoint.
Pokemon as a series is a mixture of battles and slice of life stuff but this season has been leaning way too much on the SOL aspect of the show,to the point there are barely any battles nowdays.
Adding that the quest changed from 8 gym badges to 4 islands trials,Ash is stuck in the island for the most part so he won't progress too quickly.
So yeah if you are not too much of a fun of the SOL aspect of the show then this season is definitely not for you,granted i am not much of a fun either,i prefer much more the action oriented seasons the show had.

DB1984
Banned

Post by DB1984 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:45 pm

Does Japanese TV have Sweeps periods (February, May, July and November) the same way America does?

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:30 am

Yes!!! Sun and Moon beat DBS. Good. It is the best series in the franchise to date as far as I'm concerned.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:17 am

Guys, I need some help understanding something. I just looked at the first page with the list of all the ratings and just noticed the DVR ratings for the first 40 or so episodes. Aren't those numbers actually really great! While not everyone might feel the need to get up early Sunday morning to watch DBS, they still record it to watch it later.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:35 pm

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Yes!!! Sun and Moon beat DBS. Good. It is the best series in the franchise to date as far as I'm concerned.
Not really, I think it's below Diamond & Pearl in terms of quality.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:39 pm

This is getting off-topic, but the Sun/Moon anime is so fundamentally different than all past Pokemon sagas there's no point to compare it. It's literally the first saga that broke the formula of Ash doing 8 Gyms and having regular travel companions.