Fact Checker (update: Ep.51)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Re: Fact Checker (update: Ep.46)

Post by ChronoTwigger » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:26 pm

I'm not sure about #46 Vegeta pacifier. It seems more like "what I had to do with this one", and not a complete ignorance about a pacifier (he look at Pan pacifier more than once in some episodes).
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:09 am

You say Pan is the youngest character to fly, but what about Tambourine? Wasn't he able to fly shortly after he was born/hatched?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:07 am

One of Heath's posts seem to be lost in the ether, so I'm hoping posting here will knock this thread out of my Unread Threads page.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:37 pm

Updated.
Polyphase Avatron wrote:You say Pan is the youngest character to fly, but what about Tambourine? Wasn't he able to fly shortly after he was born/hatched?
I suppose you're right. I'll clarify.
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Fact Checker (update: Ep.47)

Post by Pannaliciour » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:29 am

Question about this line from Whis:

14:04 | Whis: "I believe Beerus-sama mentioned this back at the tournament too, but the King of All can wipe out anything in the blink of an eye. Naturally this includes evil-doers... Planets... Galaxies... Even universes. If he felt like it, our entire world would be no more."

What is the difference between our entire world and universes?

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:36 am

Pannaliciour wrote:Question about this line from Whis:

14:04 | Whis: "I believe Beerus-sama mentioned this back at the tournament too, but the King of All can wipe out anything in the blink of an eye. Naturally this includes evil-doers... Planets... Galaxies... Even universes. If he felt like it, our entire world would be no more."

What is the difference between our entire world and universes?
It seems like they're using "world" (sekai) to mean everything there is, including all the different universes. So in this context, "world" apparently means something along the lines of "multi-verse".
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:11 am

Ah ok thxx

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:25 am

EmmaWinters wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:You say Pan is the youngest character to fly, but what about Tambourine? Wasn't he able to fly shortly after he was born/hatched?
I don't think Tambourine can be compared as he was a demon-minion that had a job to do.

MadSaiyantist
Beyond Newbie

Post by MadSaiyantist » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:38 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
EmmaWinters wrote:
I don't think Tambourine can be compared as he was a demon-minion that had a job to do.
But Pan is a Saiyan/Human hybrid, one of the most capable races in the Universe...

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:01 pm

Tambourine has wings, doesn't he? So he's no different from a bird in that regard.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:50 pm

Well it was originally written that Pan was the youngest character to fly, with no other qualifiers given.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:07 pm

Trunks: "Still, this means we can't come back."
We? It looks like Trunks was planning to go with Bulma or Mai to the past.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:50 pm

shinmaru wrote:
Trunks: "Still, this means we can't come back."
We? It looks like Trunks was planning to go with Bulma or Mai to the past.
Well, he didn't technically specify "we" during that conversation; for translation purposes, oftentimes pronouns that weren't present in Japanese are used in English since it makes it sound more natural. But the later scene with Mai very much implied that both of them were going, at least (talking about whether the cat would be okay on its own, etc.) I guess we can't be sure if Bulma was going to go too, since she's no longer around. It would make sense, though, since her plan to get them home could've involved her working with her past self to make more fuel.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:05 am

I would assume the way back would involve a wish to Shenlong.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

MaGyunia
Regular

Post by MaGyunia » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:06 pm

It's different. Tambourine is the son of a rotten version of a Namek-sei-jin. He was obviously talking about both humans and Saiya-jins.
Herms wrote: It seems like they're using "world" (sekai) to mean everything there is, including all the different universes. So in this context, "world" apparently means something along the lines of "multi-verse".
Yeah, by "world" I always thought Whis meant everything that exists, not just a planet or a galaxy or even one of the universes. By "world" he meant everything, all universes and everything they contain. Everything. And I've always thought that he's such a powerful entity that he doesn't really need to fight or exert himself, he just creates, destroys and does absolutely whatever he wants with anything there is. That's a first in DBZ, up until very recently we - and the characters - measured someone's strength or power in terms of their fighting prowess and level of Ki, and honestly that's how I liked it.

Blackstripe
Regular

Post by Blackstripe » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:10 pm

So, we haven't mentioned them for a bit, but would you say the speedsubs have improved any since they started last year? We used to make fun of how godawful their translations were. I haven't watched any recently, so I can't say.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:04 am

Blackstripe wrote:So, we haven't mentioned them for a bit, but would you say the speedsubs have improved any since they started last year? We used to make fun of how godawful their translations were. I haven't watched any recently, so I can't say.
Exclusively judging from the samples Emma shares on Twitter from time to time, I'd say... not really?

If anything, the fact that they're taking stuff from Jake as he live-tweets and yet somehow still messing up shows where they're at.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:04 pm

VegettoEX wrote:If anything, the fact that they're taking stuff from Jake as he live-tweets and yet somehow still messing up shows where they're at.
Pretty much this. The meat of the story is generally correct thanks to Jake's tweets and Kanzenshuu's summaries, but lesser lines are wrong quite often, and this week wasn't any different.
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Fact Checker (update: Ep.48)

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:59 pm

As for the Tambourine thing, wouldn't Cymbol be younger anyway?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Re: Fact Checker (update: Ep.48)

Post by Black_Liger » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:13 am

I heard the japanese word for blue is the same as purple. can someone confirms this so I know Toei either did a freaking wordplay when describing Trunk's hair?.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.