Fact Checker (update: Ep.51)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sophitia
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Fact Checker (update: Ep.51)

Post by sophitia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:26 am

LaRésistance wrote:
sophitia wrote:Thanks a lot. I thought it was pronounced Ro-ze just like Black said.

But I guess only Japanese pronounce it that way.
I'm a bit late to the party but I feel the need to clear something up.

"Rose" does indeed mean "pink" in French.

"Rosé" (more or less pronounced "ro-ze") is what we call pink wine in France. Since Super Saiyajin Rosé is a pun on that alcoholic beverage, that's how it should be pronounced, even in foreign dubs.

Hope that helps.
Thank you, that's really helpful.

And :clap: :clap: :clap: for Toriyama if that's what he intended. Certainly genius to have a color for transformation and alcohol for god character in one name.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:48 pm

Crunchyroll fucked up.

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:51 pm

All the simulcast platforms use the same subs which are provided by Toei.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:16 am

Freeza9000 wrote:Crunchyroll fucked up.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Terez wrote:All the simulcast platforms use the same subs which are provided by Toei.
I was thinking Mai's clothes was the fucked up thing.
I can't recall her having orange clothes on during the arc.
Can anyone clear this up?

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:19 am

dbgtFO wrote:I was thinking Mai's clothes was the fucked up thing.
They used that firemen suit when they tried to put off the fire in Trunks' time machine, they didn't change back until the end of the episode above.

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:20 am

It was after Trunks' time machine caught fire. Pilaf gang were wearing firefighter clothes.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:28 am

Khin wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:I was thinking Mai's clothes was the fucked up thing.
They used that firemen suit when they tried to put off the fire in Trunks' time machine, they didn't change back until the end of the episode above.
Psykomatik wrote:It was after Trunks' time machine caught fire. Pilaf gang were wearing firefighter clothes.
Ah, of course!
Thank you!

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:23 am

In Dragon Ball Super Episode #24 (Clash! Frieza Vs Son Goku This Is The Result of My Training!), starting at about 4 minutes and 40 seconds, I'm almost sure the dialogue in the Crunchyroll's Brazilian subs is like this:
[spoiler]Gohan: "É um ki incrível! (What an incredible ki!)"
Krillin: "Ele (Goku) está em um nível completamente diferente de quando lutou com Beerus!" (He [Goku]'s in a completely different level from when he fought Beerus!)"[/spoiler]
Can someone clarify if it's accurate or not? It's, as Adamant says, for silly power comparison purposes.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:48 am

Dragon Ball Super Episode 024 wrote:悟飯:どちらもすごい気です。
クリリン:ビルスのときとは違う
クリリン:何とも言えない
クリリン:リアルな恐怖を感じるよ。
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Literally speaking, Kuririn is describing fear, not levels of strength (as in, Freeza's deathly serious, unlike Beerus in the first arc). Anyone is free to correct that, if necessary.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:00 pm

Nejishiki wrote:
Dragon Ball Super Episode 024 wrote:悟飯:どちらもすごい気です。
クリリン:ビルスのときとは違う
クリリン:何とも言えない
クリリン:リアルな恐怖を感じるよ。
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Literally speaking, Kuririn is describing fear, not levels of strength (as in, Freeza's deathly serious, unlike Beerus in the first arc). Anyone is free to correct that, if necessary.
Thank you! It seems the Crunchyroll subs intended to give a different connotation. As if this battle was more fearsome because of their power.

München X Cisf

Post by München X Cisf » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:54 pm

Hi Herms, I wanna quest you, why you stop fact checker in Episode 51, you still going to translate the anime? And one more thing ¿Is SSJRose = Zamasu´s soul + Goku`s body at full power?

Forgive my English.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:08 am

Just to check something.

I read somewhere that part of the reason U9 is ranked lowest is because Rou involves himself too much with destruction rather then creation.

True or made up?

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:11 am

Lord Frieza wrote:Just to check something.

I read somewhere that part of the reason U9 is ranked lowest is because Rou involves himself too much with destruction rather then creation.

True or made up?
There's no basis for this in the dialogue, but you could say that it's implied?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:05 am

Terez wrote:

True or made up?
Thats what I thought, thank you :thumbup:.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:54 am

Lord Frieza wrote:
Terez wrote:

True or made up?
I think it was in the god profile from TOEI website or magazines.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:17 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Terez wrote: There's no basis for this in the dialogue, but you could say that it's implied?
I think it was in the god profile from TOEI website or magazines.
It wasn't. His original bio:
Tends to make fun of other universes.
New bio:
Kaiōshin of the twelfth-level universe. He uses vulgar language unfitting of a Kaiōshin but thinks himself clever.

Locutus

Post by Locutus » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:09 am

Sorry in advance for bumping an old thread and for asking a possibly already answered question, but I would like to know if in the Episode 13 dialogue when Whis and Elder Kai talk about "The World" are they referring to the universe or Earth? I assume the Universe since later, Herms states the context for the nullification scene "The universe fails to inexplicably end" along with thr visuals in the episode, like a light exploding and covering rhe universe all the way to the Kaioshin realm.

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:36 am

Locutus wrote:Sorry in advance for bumping an old thread and for asking a possibly already answered question, but I would like to know if in the Episode 13 dialogue when Whis and Elder Kai talk about "The World" are they referring to the universe or Earth? I assume the Universe since later, Herms states the context for the nullification scene "The universe fails to inexplicably end" along with thr visuals in the episode, like a light exploding and covering rhe universe all the way to the Kaioshin realm.
The term used is sekai (世界) and it's generally open to interpretation, but when they're going for "all of existence" that's the term they use. The line from episode 13:
それが超超高密度エネルギーを生みだしおった。あれがはじけたら…。今度こそ世界が終わるな。
Simmons: ...it produced a super-duper-high-density energy. If it were to burst open, then it would be the end of the world (sekai) for sure.
Toei: That clash also produced super, super highly dense energy. If that energy disperses, the world (sekai) is done for.
Dragon Team: ...that clash also produced super, *super* dense energy. If that energy disperses, the world (sekai) will end for sure.
One quote that's useful for demonstrating how sekai is used to mean "absolutely everything" is this one from episode 47:
全王さまは一瞬でどんなものでも消滅させることがおできになるんですよ。悪人はもちろん星はおろか銀河そして宇宙さえその気になれば世界そのものだってなくしてしまうことが。
Toei: Zeno-oh sama can erase anything from existence in an instant. Not just evildoers, but stars (星/hoshi), galaxies (銀河/ginga), and even universes (宇宙/uchū). If he so wished, he could erase all existence (sekai).
Dragon Team: ...the King of All can wipe out anything in the blink of an eye. Naturally this includes evil-doers... Planets... (hoshi) Galaxies... (ginga) Even universes. (uchū) If he felt like it, our entire world (sekai) would be no more.
In this context, since "sekai" is the superlative above even "uchū", it has to mean "all existence" (or at least, the entire timeline).

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:36 pm

Terez wrote:
Locutus wrote:Sorry in advance for bumping an old thread and for asking a possibly already answered question, but I would like to know if in the Episode 13 dialogue when Whis and Elder Kai talk about "The World" are they referring to the universe or Earth? I assume the Universe since later, Herms states the context for the nullification scene "The universe fails to inexplicably end" along with thr visuals in the episode, like a light exploding and covering rhe universe all the way to the Kaioshin realm.
The term used is sekai (世界) and it's generally open to interpretation, but when they're going for "all of existence" that's the term they use. The line from episode 13:
Simmons: ...it produced a super-duper-high-density energy. If it were to burst open, then it would be the end of the world (sekai) for sure.
Toei: That clash also produced super, super highly dense energy. If that energy disperses, the world (sekai) is done for.
Dragon Team: ...that clash also produced super, *super* dense energy. If that energy disperses, the world (sekai) will end for sure.
One quote that's useful for demonstrating how sekai is used to mean "absolutely everything" is this one from episode 47:
全王さまは一瞬でどんなものでも消滅させることがおできになるんですよ。悪人はもちろん星はおろか銀河そして宇宙さえその気になれば世界そのものだってなくしてしまうことが。
Toei: Zeno-oh sama can erase anything from existence in an instant. Not just evildoers, but stars (星/hoshi), galaxies (銀河/ginga), and even universes (宇宙/uchū). If he so wished, he could erase all existence (sekai).
Dragon Team: ...the King of All can wipe out anything in the blink of an eye. Naturally this includes evil-doers... Planets... (hoshi) Galaxies... (ginga) Even universes. (uchū) If he felt like it, our entire world (sekai) would be no more.
In this context, since "sekai" is the superlative above even "uchū", it has to mean "all existence" (or at least, the entire timeline).
Thank you for the translation.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Locutus

Post by Locutus » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:14 pm

Terez wrote:

So in the case with episode 13, "world" refers to "all of existence" Wow, that's q great thing to know. Thank you for the translation! Guess "Universe" is also what's accurate in that context.