Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yomi
Regular

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 79

Post by Yomi » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:17 pm

Are these 2 the same shots?
Last Week Preview:
[spoiler]Image
edit: had to get this screencap off that site, the crunchyroll player kept crashing [/spoiler]
This Week:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

If so, Looks like the post production team doesn't get their hands on these things fast enough for the preview.

This arc hasn't melted yet. I'm very surprised. I thought it would have collapsed this episode, and next week looks good too.
Last edited by Yomi on Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:clap:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Hit!! wrote:Ok do you guys think that DBS will collapse into episode 24, 25 and 33 level animation??

Because the last times i have entered this thread, everybody was so positive that the 10 week of filler break was gonna help the schedule so much, but now all of a sudden everything is doom and gloom. I guess DBS production is some sort of a roller coaster ride.
It's impossible to tell, I don't personally think we'll see a collapse, or at least not a huge or long term one, but we could totally see some dips in quality, we even kinda saw that today.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:20 pm

It's mostly because of Karasawa seemingly leaving the show. Production seems to be in a much better condition than what it was before #77 so far.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:21 pm

Sodhi wrote:It's mostly because of Karasawa seemingly leaving the show. Production seems to be in a much better condition than what it was before #77 so far.
We'll hopefully see a new regular supervisor or two(beyond TAP supervisors) debut in either the time between the Exhibition and the Tournament or at the Tournament itself.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:23 pm

Yomi wrote:Are these 2 the same shots?
Last Week Preview:
[spoiler]Image
edit: had to get this screencap off that site, the crunchyroll player kept crashing [/spoiler]
This Week:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

If so, Looks like the post production team doesn't get their hands on these things fast enough for the preview.

This arc hasn't melted yet. I'm very surprised. I thought it would have collapsed this episode, and next week looks good too.
Well I'm ready for the collapse so I would say it will happen during the tournament, if anything happens then the worst things we may have in this arc will be episodes like this or 78.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:29 pm

Yomi wrote:Are these 2 the same shots?
Last Week Preview:
[spoiler]Image
This Week:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Yeah there are more changes I spotted from the preview to episode.
Preview
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Episode
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
It's obvious that they went over and adjusted some scenes last minute.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:32 pm

ArchedThunder wrote: We'll hopefully see a new regular supervisor or two(beyond TAP supervisors) debut in either the time between the Exhibition and the Tournament or at the Tournament itself.
Yea I am really hoping for some new talent to show up. Maybe bunch of them in the upcoming fillerish episodes.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:34 pm

JazzMazz wrote: Yeah there are more changes I spotted from the preview to episode.
Preview
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Episode
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
It's obvious that they went over and adjusted some scenes last minute.
That just looks like they jumped from one shot to another in the preview, rather than them changing that before the episode aired.
Last edited by Sodhi on Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:37 pm

Sodhi wrote:That just looks like they jumped from one shot to another in the preview, rather them that changing that before the episode aired.
I think he's talking about the finished effects on the impact.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:40 pm

Oh ok I see. Yea they added some more effects.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:40 pm

-Episode 81-

Liked it, but I stop worrying about Shimanuki's episodes since episode 42. I do agree the last two were better though.
Especially loved the part when Goku turned SSB and finished off Bergamo.

Who drew this shot?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler] It's beautiful!

Gotta love how good this arc is looking. Better quality than all Champa's tournament fights and better pacing than most of them. And it's always cool to remind these are just exhibition matches. In the third episode of Champa's tournament Vegeta was already fighting Magetta the third fighter of U6, and we already had got 4 fights before that didn't even look this good. That's how bad we were back then.

Not sure how the filter would work in FT Trunks arc, but in Champa arc it would do wonders since that tournament took place in an alike location and everything is looking great now.

-Karasawa-

I hate suffering by anxiety so I'm still not riding the "Karasawa is gone" train. But I have to admit not seeing his name on the staff list that worked on the new Opening or his style in the NEP worries me. I just don't want to believe my favourite supervisor left.

I will wait until we get the staff list for the next episodes. If his name doesn't appear, then it's Game Over.
I've been paying attention to animation corner and there's nothing on his page past DBS episode 72 which aired in December. I will be pissed if he pops up working on the new Precure anime. :evil:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:53 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:-Episode 81-

Liked it, but I stop worrying about Shimanuki's episodes since episode 42. I do agree the last two were better though.
Especially loved the part when Goku turned SSB and finished off Bergamo.

Who drew this shot?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler] It's beautiful!

Gotta love how good this arc is looking. Better quality than all Champa's tournament fights and better pacing than most of them. And it's always cool to remind these are just exhibition matches. In the third episode of Champa's tournament Vegeta was already fighting Magetta the third fighter of U6, and we already had got 4 fights before that didn't even look this good. That's how bad we were back then.

Not sure how the filter would work in FT Trunks arc, but in Champa arc it would do wonders since that tournament took place in an alike location and everything is looking great now.

-Karasawa-

I hate suffering by anxiety so I'm still not riding the "Karasawa is gone" train. But I have to admit not seeing his name on the staff list that worked on the new Opening or his style in the NEP worries me. I just don't want to believe my favourite supervisor left.

I will wait until we get the staff list for the next episodes. If his name doesn't appear, then it's Game Over.
I've been paying attention to animation corner and there's nothing on his page past DBS episode 72 which aired in December. I will be pissed if he pops up working on the new Precure anime. :evil:
That picture looks like it's a 2nd KA correction. Maybe by Yokoyama?

neolux
Beyond Newbie

Post by neolux » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:08 am

There were a few kitano shots in this episode. I just wish he'd leave for good. Why can't we have Yamamuro more often instead of him? As boring as his drawings may be but at least they never are "off model" but Kitano... ugh :sick: :sick:

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:09 am

The scene when base Goku was using consecutive normal punches on Bergamo, i would say its million times better than when Goku was punching Botamo, which was very embarrasing to watch.

Who did those scenes?

dhaval_dongre
Beyond Newbie

Post by dhaval_dongre » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:03 am

Decent episode. Not as good as the last 2 but still decent, partly because Shimanuki's animation isn't as fluid as it used to be. But his effects animation is still really good. Another heavily outsourced episode. Its the 3rd episode in a row where we had the KA outsourced. We always have had outsourcing in Super for KA (along with 2nd KA) but not to this degree.

Most of Higashide's work in recent Super episodes has been corrected by the respective Supervisor. So I guess the reason behind him popping up in almost every other episode, or a string of episodes is, him doing shorter rough cuts (which are corrected by Supervisors) along with his ability to animate really fast. I really like the way in which they are utilizing him. Because all of his cuts recently have all been really impactful. His fantastic work in 75 is another great example. Where his cut was a bit rough in terms of art and was corrected.

Next week is again another fight. Hope it turns out well.
I am really surprised that Karasawa only did some corrections on 72 if that was his last episode. Why would they utilize him that way if he wasn't supposed to show up later, I wonder ?
Last edited by dhaval_dongre on Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:10 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: I will wait until we get the staff list for the next episodes. If his name doesn't appear, then it's Game Over.
He showed up recently on a show that animators corner doesn't track.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:14 am

Nagamine is doing both One Piece(mini-arc, but still) and Super. As Ajay said it is really bizarre. My theory is that he was supposed to work on OP before someone convinced him to work on DBS. I could be wrong, but I'm sticking with it unless proved wrong.

As for the episode, it was meh. Standard storyboard, nothing special. The battle royal with 80 fighters, I don't know how they're going to do it, but doesn't look too promising.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:27 am

With the main tournament being a battle royal I just want to add that they will in no way animate that many characters. We can expect a lot of camera angles that cut out other characters mixed with a lot of standing around and just watching the central characters at the time fight.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:01 am

I guess it will be kinda like what they did with 1000 soldiers in ROF. However in this case they will change universes each episode.

Gashif Aldi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gashif Aldi » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:20 am

Anyone is DBS getting a new song ending? In twitter I see someone tweeted out https://twitter.com/ssjGreatestApe/stat ... 5387279360

Well, anyway. Anyone know the 2nd ending of Dragon Ball Kai? Who's the director? I love it, the ending is full Shida, but also conservative. Is it Nagamine?
I'm bad at English and still learning. If there's anything wrong, please correct me. :D

Profile Picture is from: