Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Yuya Takahashi said on Twitter that he will animate on Super again. Sadly he didn't give any more information than that, so who knows if he's working on it right now or if it will be some time down the line.
I guessed that Takahashi might do something for Super a while back on a comment section. Well, at least we have something to definitely look forward to.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:14 am

My guess is that he'll show up in the final cour of the year.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:21 am

ArchedThunder wrote:My guess is that he'll show up in the final cour of the year.
Yeah, if his only recently begun working on a scene I think we can expect his work a fair bit later down the line(at least I hope so).

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:52 am

JazzMazz wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:My guess is that he'll show up in the final cour of the year.
Yeah, if his only recently begun working on a scene I think we can expect his work a fair bit later down the line(at least I hope so).
Do you guys know how much time it usually takes for Shida and Takahashi to animate a cut?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:13 am

emperior wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Do you guys know how much time it usually takes for Shida and Takahashi to animate a cut?
It depends on the length and quality of the cut and when they are brought onto the project. The average key animator can pull off two cuts, but if we're talking about high-quality cuts then they'll probably stick to only finishing one a day.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Dai-Saiyajin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai-Saiyajin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:09 pm

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but who was the color designer of DBZ ?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:33 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I have a feeling Takahashi will be involved in the episode where Goku debuts his new form.
Couldn't we expect for Shida in this episode?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:41 pm

Noah wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:I have a feeling Takahashi will be involved in the episode where Goku debuts his new form.
Couldn't we expect for Shida in this episode?
I'd rather have Shida do Goku vs Jiren. I mean, Shida did the fight in the opening, so who knows.

Lookerman

Post by Lookerman » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:28 pm

PMD wrote:
Asura wrote:
PMD wrote:Knowing that Dyspo would be a protagonist in this episode
Antagonist. Hit was the protagonist.
That depends of where you stand as a viewer. In terms of characters, Hitto is an assassin and Dyspo is a hero, but both are threats for the real protagonist (Goku and the U7 fighters). Just the fact guys think Hitto is a cool character doesn't make him the protagonist, I think he was equal with Dyspo in that regard. In terms of script, the only protagonists are the U7 fighters, but the point of view was with Dyspo and Hitto for the majority of the episode. Anyway, that discussion is not for this topic.
Thing is though, I don't know if we can consider all of U7 protagonists either, given that Freeza seems to have ulterior motives and Vegeta and 17 still come off as sort of antagonistic to everyone else, Goku included. ut yeah, it's not really a dicussion we should get into full detail here.
Mazingerdestro wrote:Also.....Still no idea why wanpack got such an interesting episode.
It's a "Take what you can get" kind of deal, same with episode 95 (also a Wanpack ep) where the main highlight of the episode was in their half.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:28 am

Protagonist doesn't mean good guy and antagonist doesn't mean bad guy. He's right in saying u7 (especially Goku ) are the protagonists.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:07 am

So they are separate Dragon Ball and One Piece specials, but are apparently still a collab in some way. Will be interesting to see what that entails and the staff for each.
They are one hour specials and the One Piece one comes first, so for the Super one it'll be like doing two episodes with a break before the airing, so they can probably do it with the regular staff just fine if need be, but I'm sure it won't just be the regular staff.
I'm guessing that this is where Karasawa is right now.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:12 am

Looks like it will be a 2 hour collaboration instead of 1 hour. They will break it up in 9-10 timeslot both weeks. Each one will probably have staff from their respective series, some outsiders too.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:36 am

Thinking about it, I wonder if these specials might also be why Shida hasn't shown up again yet.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:42 am

Will they do new designs for Super characters, if the special is a cross-over? I hope so because I really want to see some new designs. It would be great if they used the designs seen in the 4D movie.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:34 pm

So is the TV special why the episodes of the Tournament Of Power have been on the more conservative side? I mean, I'm really interested into seeing how much resources were poured in the TV special for Super. But I'm more interested into knowing how much planning went into the TV special considering it's going to be released in October.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:07 pm

Looks like it's just a separate special for each week. One Piece TV Special will air on October 1st, while Super will air on 8th.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:10 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Looks like it's just a separate special for each week. One Piece TV Special will air on October 1st, while Super will air on 8th.
While being separate specials, one for each show, they are still considered a collab for some reason. I'm curious what that will entail, I'm kinda hoping they have the same basic plot, just done in the two different series, that'd be a neat thing to do.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:13 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:So is the TV special why the episodes of the Tournament Of Power have been on the more conservative side? I mean, I'm really interested into seeing how much resources were poured in the TV special for Super. But I'm more interested into knowing how much planning went into the TV special considering it's going to be released in October.
Special shouldn't make that much of a difference, break in September no DBS, OP special airs no DBS, DBS special airs no DBS episode, that is 3 weeks of DBS episodes not their, the DBS special will be the length of 2 DBS episodes therefore they have 1 DBS episode unaired leftover. All it means is they have to get the equivalent of 2 episodes ready that week but given the break the week before should counter that.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:26 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:So is the TV special why the episodes of the Tournament Of Power have been on the more conservative side? I mean, I'm really interested into seeing how much resources were poured in the TV special for Super. But I'm more interested into knowing how much planning went into the TV special considering it's going to be released in October.
Special shouldn't make that much of a difference, break in September no DBS, OP special airs no DBS, DBS special airs no DBS episode, that is 3 weeks of DBS episodes not their, the DBS special will be the length of 2 DBS episodes therefore they have 1 DBS episode unaired leftover. All it means is they have to get the equivalent of 2 episodes ready that week but given the break the week before should counter that.
Hopefully that three weeks of Dragon Ball Super not airing can contribute to scheduling for the show getting. If the TV special is Dragon Ball Super centered that would really entail as to how much Toei has gotten their shit together with regards to anything Dragon Ball Super specifically related.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:36 pm

This is not the right time to work on anything outside the Tournament but at least they were smart with the time slots.
Both TV Specials will be 1 hour long and will air on Dragon Ball Super/One Piece time slots, so no ToP for two weeks which is good for the production.

We could still have a situation where it's confirmed this where Karasawa and Shida have been and that's depressing. Especially Shida. I doubt that in 2 hours there won't something from him in there...

I would like these TV Specials turn out to be a quick retelling of everything that happened in both series since day one (In DB case, from DB to Super) to celebrate 100 episodes of DBS and One Piece 20th Anniversary. Seems a better thing to do than come out with another lame original plot for a crossover like the last one.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.