Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:14 am

That Gohan bit on the booru was really nice. I love that Yamamoto and the key animator had the balls to do a backflip into the foreground.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:17 am

This episode was well animated from start to finish, very consistent. The art looked good for the most part, but Gohan and Vegeta looked a bit wonky at times, no big deal though.

AloversGaming
Beyond Newbie

Post by AloversGaming » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:23 am

Some shots of Vegeta had his head three times larger than it should be.

Some fun animation though, loved seeing Gohan take on the three robots.

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:14 am

AloversGaming wrote:Some shots of Vegeta had his head three times larger than it should be.

Some fun animation though, loved seeing Gohan take on the three robots.
Shimanuki's proportions problem is getting a bit out of hand it seems.

Son Vegito
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Vegito » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:37 pm

What's the name of the artist who draws Vegeta's hair so short? It was right after Gohan jumped down towards the end. I also remember this during episode 67.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:09 am

Son Vegito wrote:What's the name of the artist who draws Vegeta's hair so short? It was right after Gohan jumped down towards the end. I also remember this during episode 67.
I think that was Shimanuki who did that.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:13 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:-Episode 120-

The art was great but once again, nothing memorable in the animation.
The direction and the writing was the best part. If Yamashita is used to write team battles, they should just had pick him up sooner. It's important to have writers like that in a battle royal of this scale.

Next episode - Toshio + Karasawa. It will be good.

On a side note, I'm glad the new Movie is only scheduled for December 2018. I was worried they would be greedy and schedule it for Summer, so knowing they didn't it was a relief.
I think Toei knows that they would need time and wouldn't try to rush the movie like they did with Super.
Majinwarman

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:44 am

I am glad I am not the only one that noticed the "downgrade" between Part A and B. Gotta agree with some folks Shimanuki has not been at his best this tournament, maybe that is why Toei haven't given him an important episode yet? I hope Karasawa is able to turn around next week (the bits he did in Takahashi's episode were promising) otherwise it will be sad to see the #66 duo struggling with this tournament.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:58 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I am glad I am not the only one that noticed the "downgrade" between Part A and B. Gotta agree with some folks Shimanuki has not been at his best this tournament, maybe that is why Toei haven't given him an important episode yet? I hope Karasawa is able to turn around next week (the bits he did in Takahashi's episode were promising) otherwise it will be sad to see the #66 duo struggling with this tournament.
Yeah, Karasawa espicially hasn't been that good this arc, to think we considered him one of the top 3 supervisors on the show once upon a time feels strange given his current output.

TBH, I'm more excited for Hakamada's return, he was a big name on Z and GT, so I'm interested to see if he can at least give us the character art he did back in the day(appears his art hasn't changed much from the preview).

Nasryyy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nasryyy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:02 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I am glad I am not the only one that noticed the "downgrade" between Part A and B. Gotta agree with some folks Shimanuki has not been at his best this tournament, maybe that is why Toei haven't given him an important episode yet? I hope Karasawa is able to turn around next week (the bits he did in Takahashi's episode were promising) otherwise it will be sad to see the #66 duo struggling with this tournament.
Yeah, Karasawa espicially hasn't been that good this arc, to think we considered him one of the top 3 supervisors on the show once upon a time feels strange given his current output.

TBH, I'm more excited for Hakamada's return, he was a big name on Z and GT, so I'm interested to see if he can at least give us the character art he did back in the day(appears his art hasn't changed much from the preview).
He didn't do a lot of supervision in this arc, to me he's still my 2nd favorite when he supervise, in this arc he did 94 and 106(which had a lot of production issues) only, and he's doing next week, so i'm not putting him low yet

FartiliciousManChild
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FartiliciousManChild » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:18 am

JazzMazz wrote:

Is it possible that he's being saved up for something big? Maybe he's going to give us something spectacular later on, something huge.
How i got into this shit:

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:48 pm

FartiliciousManChild wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
I hope so because I think he deserves at least one more shot to make his mark on this arc like he did on the Future Trunks arc.
Is it possible that he's being saved up for something big? Maybe he's going to give us something spectacular later on, something huge.
Majinwarman

Boku no Hitto

Post by Boku no Hitto » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:59 pm

I just realized! We're going to get to see Takahashi's Super Saiyan Blue!!! YUUUUSSSSSS!

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:09 am

Boku no Hitto wrote:I just realized! We're going to get to see Takahashi's Super Saiyan Blue!!! YUUUUSSSSSS!
We got to see some of that back in Episode 114 with Vegeta vs Toppo.
Majinwarman

iAnimationLover_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by iAnimationLover_ » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:31 pm

HeroR wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
HeroR wrote:Who was the writer for this episode?
It was the new Precure writer, Yamashita.
I thought that was last episode. Who did 119?
Ayumu Hisao, whomst is also a new writer.

Boku no Hitto

Post by Boku no Hitto » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:20 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Boku no Hitto wrote:I just realized! We're going to get to see Takahashi's Super Saiyan Blue!!! YUUUUSSSSSS!
I'm talking full aura and all. All we saw was aura-less vegeta charging toppo.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:25 pm

Boku no Hitto wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Did we even see Takahashi's SSG with the aura? Seems like Goku fought the entire episode without it.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:40 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Boku no Hitto wrote:
majinwarman wrote: We got to see some of that back in Episode 114 with Vegeta vs Toppo.
Did we even see Takahashi's SSG with the aura? Seems like Goku fought the entire episode without it.
I think there was a couple of shots with him in the aura while as SSG in 114. The one where his transforming from SS2 is definitely by or corrected by him.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:33 pm

He has the aura immediately after transforming, here's a screenshot:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:12 pm

Boku no Hitto wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
I understand what you mean now.
Majinwarman