Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:07 pm

Tomioka also writes One Piece scripts in addition to Super and Pokémon; I've seen him pop up there on occasion.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:41 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Jeez. How many projects do Toei handle? They're involved in another one, looks like Tomoika is involved unsurprisingly since he's probably done with DBS ages ago.

Reasons like this I am still cautious. DBS maybe ending but it doesn't look like it's gonna be exactly one less project for Toei.
That fact that this is their chance for figure it out with Dragon Ball and their other shows. But, it looks like they're just dumping more work on themselves.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Ice85

Post by Ice85 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:56 am

So apparently episode 126 is gonna be Vegeta's best episode yet, no wonder Yamamuro wanted to storyboard (and potentially provide KA) for that episode. I hope Ono and Namatame can do Vegeta justice. Also Toshio said he wrote a really good Vegeta episode correct? Is he referring to 122 or this episode?

Tai981

Post by Tai981 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:29 am

Ice85 wrote:So apparently episode 126 is gonna be Vegeta's best episode yet, no wonder Yamamuro wanted to storyboard (and potentially provide KA) for that episode. I hope Ono and Namatame can do Vegeta justice. Also Toshio said he wrote a really good Vegeta episode correct? Is he referring to 122 or this episode?
122 wasn’t written by Toshio, So it probably is episode 126.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:16 am

Tai981 wrote:
Ice85 wrote:So apparently episode 126 is gonna be Vegeta's best episode yet, no wonder Yamamuro wanted to storyboard (and potentially provide KA) for that episode. I hope Ono and Namatame can do Vegeta justice. Also Toshio said he wrote a really good Vegeta episode correct? Is he referring to 122 or this episode?
Toshio isn't writing 125 or 126 either. 125 is Yamaguchi and 126 is Hisao. His last one was 121 so it'll probably be 127 or 128.

Tai981

Post by Tai981 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:47 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Tai981 wrote:
Toshio isn't writing 125 or 126 either. 125 is Yamaguchi and 126 is Hisao. His last one was 121 so it'll probably be 127 or 128.
Oh sorry about that.

Ice85

Post by Ice85 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:24 pm

Tai981 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Tai981 wrote:
Oh sorry about that.
I see, thanks guys!

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:34 pm

Episode 125

Animation Supervisor
Yoshitaka Yashima

Key Animators
Yoshitaka Yashima
Atsushi Nikaido
Shuuichiro Manabe
Miyuki Yokoyama

2nd Key Animation
Toei Phils

-

After two weeks of pretty bad episodes, this was a nice little surprise. Kazuya Karasawa's direction was just great. Although Yashima was obviously as conservative as normal, handling the vast majority of the episode, Nikaido provided a lovely opening scene, while Manabe rounded us off with a great bit of action. Happy days!
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:40 pm

Ajay wrote:Episode 125

Animation Supervisor
Yoshitaka Yashima

Key Animators
Yoshitaka Yashima
Atsushi Nikaido
Shuuichiro Manabe
Miyuki Yokoyama

2nd Key Animation
Toei Phils

-

After two weeks of pretty bad episodes, this was a nice little surprise. Kazuya Karasawa's direction was just great. Although Yashima was obviously as conservative as normal, handling the vast majority of the episode, Nikaido provided a lovely opening scene, while Manabe rounded us off with a great bit of action. Happy days!
Well, I'm glad that it is starting to look better now. I just hope that next episode can look as well. I don't want Super to fall apart at the end of its run. It needs to end on a high point.
Majinwarman

FartiliciousManChild
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FartiliciousManChild » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:49 pm

Damn i did not expect this episode to be this good! (In regards of this being a Yashima episode) but boy oh boi. DAMN.
This episode also felt way more violent compared to others aswell! Loved it! (That freeza head squeeezzee!! oh my goodd!, i totally did not expect something so brutal like that to happen!)

Also, the stadium got semi-destroyed, and the first thing that popped into my head was: is this going to enable a more creative fight choreography? (yes is my guess) Or... Perhaps even... enable something that's going to look very reminiscent to flying? I just think that now the arena is being scattered and all demolished that it's going to improve the way fights are and in a sense simulate how the fights are normally shown / fought out, which ofc, includes floating/flying; so we're basically going to still get to see some 'flying' in the ToP in it's own kind of way (or atleast so i hope), which i'm totally on board with!

Overall opinion about this episode for me is: great! Nothing truly mindblowing, but still pretty darn good so far! (i'm explicitly saying 'so far' since at the point of writing this i haven't watched the subs version yet, which could of course severly influence the episode's content and perceived quality of the episode). But anyways, this is my 'grade' on purely the visuals of the episode.

8/10

But not sure if i'll rate it this high after i rewatched it in the sub though, hype can make you overexaggerate how good an episode is ofc :D
Last edited by FartiliciousManChild on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
How i got into this shit:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:52 pm

After a sub par entry like last week, I'm so happy at how much this episode spectacularly over delivered. This was one of the better directed episodes of the the entire arc. Great artwork in the second half and the final five minutes in particular was stunning.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:59 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:After a sub par entry like last week, I'm so happy at how much this episode spectacularly over delivered. This was one of the better directed episodes of the the entire arc. Great artwork in the second half and the final five minutes in particular was stunning.
At least they managed to turn the ship around. I just hope that next episode continues in the goodness that is Toppo!
Majinwarman

FartiliciousManChild
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FartiliciousManChild » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:02 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:After a sub par entry like last week, I'm so happy at how much this episode spectacularly over delivered. This was one of the better directed episodes of the the entire arc. Great artwork in the second half and the final five minutes in particular was stunning.
At least they managed to turn the ship around. I just hope that next episode continues in the goodness that is Toppo!
Toppo just really ranked up in my favourite characters list for the show after this episode!

Btw someone should totally compare Toppo pre-transformation and post-transformation just to showcase how much more buff Toppo got during this episode. The man just flipped the beast mode switch on. What a hulk. Terrifying tbh.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:05 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:07 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
HOLY SHIT! Now that looks excruciatingly disturbing

FartiliciousManChild
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FartiliciousManChild » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:08 pm

Ikr! So brutal! That's almost like a finisher for Mortal Kombat (if he were to squeeze even harder - *Sploash*)
Last edited by FartiliciousManChild on Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:10 pm

That shot looks beautiful. I just love how Toppo is just crushing Freeza in his hand.
Majinwarman

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:17 pm

I actually really enjoyed this episode, especially near the end. That Namek reference was so funny! The head squeeze from Hakaishin Toppo...ouch I think I even felt it!

Eager to see how next week's episode turns out as well as it seems important.

manya

Post by manya » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:37 pm

Chuquita wrote:Tomioka also writes One Piece scripts in addition to Super and Pokémon; I've seen him pop up there on occasion.
Also Tomioka Atsuhiro will be the Series Composer of Captain Tsubasa 2018, the scripwritter do many scripts for various series

Somebody has the extended NEP for 126?

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:58 pm

I've been kept silent when a yashima episode comes, because the last 2 before this one were wonderful, just for the fact that yashima art was almost 0 and the direction improved, this one did the same.
I wanna undertand why, are there new mysterious key animators polishing the art entirely and he's getting help from the best storyboarders and directors? or what is it, how is that sudden increase of quality on his episodes possible?