Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 93

Post by HeroR » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:49 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
HeroR wrote: We can get a special based on Jaco and Minus. So you can get specials that add to Dragon Ball's lore.
I doubt many people care about Jaco. The low numbers say something. He's not popular. There are more chances of we getting Yamcha spinoff animated than that.

I would rather new stories or they go One Piece route and gives us TV Specials as movie versions of DBS arcs. That was the best thing that could ever happened to One Piece anime.
FT Trunks arc was successful and deserves that, at least.
Saying he isn't popular isn't really true since he got some of the best reaction in Resurrection 'F'.

And I don't like the movie retellings in One Piece.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:57 pm

HeroR wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
HeroR wrote: We can get a special based on Jaco and Minus. So you can get specials that add to Dragon Ball's lore.
I doubt many people care about Jaco. The low numbers say something. He's not popular. There are more chances of we getting Yamcha spinoff animated than that.

I would rather new stories or they go One Piece route and gives us TV Specials as movie versions of DBS arcs. That was the best thing that could ever happened to One Piece anime.
Saying he isn't popular isn't really true since he got some of the best reaction in Resurrection 'F'.

And I don't like the movie retellings in One Piece.
You already used that "he got some of the best reaction in ROF Movie" argument before, but that doesn't mean much when you look to the numbers.
I don't think he's popular enough to have his own manga animated.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:15 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: You already used that "he got some of the best reaction in ROF Movie" argument before, but that doesn't mean much when you look to the numbers.
I don't think he's popular enough to have his own manga animated.
Audience means something since most outside of Japan didn't know who Jaco was.

And Jacobs's fills in pieces for Super. Better than having an abride version of a saga that was already animated.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Cursemark505
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cursemark505 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:45 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:The Future Trunks arc would need some retooling to work as a special, but I'd be down for it. I'd hope they'd wait until Super's production is totally stable and the staff size is bigger if they do.
If they ever go this route I hope they do the Champa arc first.
If they were to do something like that I'd prefer they do an animated version of the manga's versions of the FT & champa arcs.

That'd be more interesting than a copy & paste of the anime arcs.

Burast

Post by Burast » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:39 am

emperior wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:

Damn, I didn't know Toei produced TV specials of One Piece story arcs. Now I DEFINITELY want a Future Trunks arc TV Special. But I first want a U6 arc one. Though I don't really know how FT arc would fit in 105 minutes...
not necessarily the entire arc, they can show us how the new timeline goes (2 Trunks and 2 Mai, Future Bulma lives again, and they have to fight Goku Black again) i really hope so.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:58 am

Aren't these OP retelling based off arcs from way back? The Black and Champa arcs are literally the last two arcs of Super it'll be pointless and a waste of time to have them as specials not to mention personally I'm sick to death of retellings, if they're gonna do a special I want it to be new stuff.

Gashif Aldi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gashif Aldi » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:10 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Aren't these OP retelling based off arcs from way back? The Black and Champa arcs are literally the last two arcs of Super it'll be pointless and a waste of time to have them as specials not to mention personally I'm sick to death of retellings, if they're gonna do a special I want it to be new stuff.
So much ideas btw. Black Goku VS Pride Troopers, Universe 6 Saiyans, Hit's History, Frost's History, Future Trunks Kaioshin training, Future Trunks vs Dabura and Babidi, Black Goku killing the gods, there's so much.

They can milk it, but this is not the time for that (since there's the tournament). They can do Frieza's training, Ginyu's adventure, Beerus's History, anything basically.

I also hate retellings. I just want something that expand the lore.
I'm bad at English and still learning. If there's anything wrong, please correct me. :D

Profile Picture is from:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:32 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Aren't these OP retelling based off arcs from way back? The Black and Champa arcs are literally the last two arcs of Super it'll be pointless and a waste of time to have them as specials not to mention personally I'm sick to death of retellings, if they're gonna do a special I want it to be new stuff.
Some. They had a special based off on Enies Lobby which was only a few years old.
Kanassa wrote:

Nasryyy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nasryyy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:52 am

Best goku shot ever from super, i wonder who did it i'd say Nii, but i'm not that good at detecting animators, Ajay ???

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:29 pm

Gashif Aldi wrote:
So much ideas btw. Black Goku VS Pride Troopers, Universe 6 Saiyans, Hit's History, Frost's History, Future Trunks Kaioshin training, Future Trunks vs Dabura and Babidi, Black Goku killing the gods, there's so much.

They can milk it, but this is not the time for that (since there's the tournament). They can do Frieza's training, Ginyu's adventure, Beerus's History, anything basically.

I also hate retellings. I just want something that expand the lore.
Great ideas.
I would love to see a serious special about Future Trunks' future after he beat Cell, his battle with Dabura and his first encounter and battles with Black. I would also love to see Goku Black slaughtering all the Gods and many mortals, including U6 Saiyans.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:32 pm

One of the best things about the possibility of a Goku Black Special is that they now can show us he killing the Kaioshins/GoDs and Humans of other Universes.

When FT Trunks arc was airing they still didn't have the character designs, but now thanks to the new arc we already have them and everything didn't need to happen off-screen.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:35 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:One of the best things about the possibility of a Goku Black Special is that they now can show us he killing the Kaioshins/GoDs and Humans of other Universes.

When FT Trunks arc was airing they still didn't have the character designs, but now thanks to the new arc we already have them and everything didn't need to happen off-screen.
What I want to know is how he killed off the rest of the multiverse without Hit, Toppo and Jiren murdering the shit out of him.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:51 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: What I want to know is how he killed off the rest of the multiverse without Hit, Toppo and Jiren murdering the shit out of him.
The anime never said that he had wiped out all mortals other than Earth, that was only said in the manga, so it's not an issue in the anime.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:54 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: What I want to know is how he killed off the rest of the multiverse without Hit, Toppo and Jiren murdering the shit out of him.
The anime never said that he had wiped out all mortals other than Earth, that was only said in the manga, so it's not an issue in the anime.
I thought it was the reverse.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:49 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
To be clear, Black said he wiped out countless planets. Not just Earth.
Kanassa wrote:

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:00 pm

A Japanese friend who's in touch with some Toei staffers (from One Piece, as far as i know) told me we can expect quite a few special pieces of animation in the tournament.
Well, i guess that's nothing we couldn't guess based on stuff Ajay and others have been told from other sources, but it's nice to hear it from a close person nonetheless.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:04 am

Araki wrote:A Japanese friend who's in touch with some Toei staffers (from One Piece, as far as i know) told me we can expect quite a few special pieces of animation in the tournament.
Well, i guess that's nothing we couldn't guess based on stuff Ajay and others have been told from other sources, but it's nice to hear it from a close person nonetheless.
I don't know how reliable you are, but I'll keep this in mind. If you're telling the truth that's great to know.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:34 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Araki wrote:A Japanese friend who's in touch with some Toei staffers (from One Piece, as far as i know) told me we can expect quite a few special pieces of animation in the tournament.
I don't know how reliable you are, but I'll keep this in mind. If you're telling the truth that's great to know.
I totally believe it. Surely 10+ weeks of fillers and 20 episodes with lot of outsourcing must mean something, right? The tournament is going to be good and I expect to see some godly animation.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:33 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
What...? It's the exact opposite. The Zamasus said that once Earth falled their plan would be completed. On the other hand, in the manga Future Zamasu suggested to kill all the Earthlings and move to another planet before Zeno noticed them, and they did it, but Gowasu, Shin, Mai and Trunks appeared (and later Goku and Vegeta) so they didn't leave despite having killed all the humans.

So it's a giant plot hole for the anime actually. Specially considering how weak Black was before fighting Goku, being around SS3 level and not having the ability to transform.
( I wonder if someday people will actually read the manga before calling nonsenses or sprending misinformation btw)
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:51 am

MisteryOne wrote: What...? It's the exact opposite. The Zamasus said that once Earth falled their plan would be completed. On the other hand, in the manga Future Zamasu suggested to kill all the Earthlings and move to another planet before Zeno noticed them, and they did it, but Gowasu, Shin, Mai and Trunks appeared (and later Goku and Vegeta) so they didn't leave despite having killed all the humans.

So it's a giant plot hole for the anime actually. Specially considering how weak Black was before fighting Goku, being around SS3 level and not having the ability to transform.
( I wonder if someday people will actually read the manga before calling nonsenses or sprending misinformation btw)
I distinctly remember it being stated in the manga that Earth was the last planet months ago and I don't remember that ever being said in the anime.
And I do read the manga.