Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by Asura » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:45 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Man, seeing those two pictures side by side is definitely something. It really goes to show all of the anatomical issues that Vegeta in the ending has.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:10 am

I heard kitano was demoted and takahashi is a supervisor?
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:22 am

Asura wrote:
Man, seeing those two pictures side by side is definitely something. It really goes to show all of the anatomical issues that Vegeta in the ending has.
It doesn't look good at all. Vegeta's proportions are off.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:15 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
But if Yamamuro, who is apparently so busy (especially with the new DB movie) will be on the team of the EP 126, is because this EP really is something important, right? After all, he worked at few EPS in DBS
That or he's just talking it upon himself to help Yashima who has also been incredibly busy.
Given we're getting multiple supervisors now too definitely seems the final phase is taking it's toll so more hands the better, especially since Yashima I believe is supervisor on episode before?. Man his episode is gonna massive relief for everyone. In terms of alleviating others this maybe his most beneficial solo episode to date.

I do wonder if Yamamuro will key animate something during his half SB, when was the last he KA'd some proper action?

Can't imagine how worse DBS would've been like without Yashima.

Not to mention that apparently, in EP 126, we will have Yamamuro himself. Precisely in the episode in which it is said to Vegeta to 'surpass even a God'. I do not believe that those eyes made by Yamamuro are just '' mistakes ''
My god, the legs are sooooo much better on the SS Vegeta that was bothering me so much on that Vegeta it looks so awkward. But anyway I agree I don't think it is mistake given even when Yamamuro phones in he also still includes characteristics of the design here Vegeta is not only coloured darker in both hair and clothes and of course his eyes.

Curved eyes are the just best.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Future Trunks needs a shit so bad...:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Lmao.... if you don't laugh you'll cry DBS promo art is such a f**king shambles! :(

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:10 pm

Since Yamamuro is coming back on 126, I wonder if that's where we'll see the return of UI Goku? :think:

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:29 pm

That Vegeta vs Jiren and Toppo vs Gohan and 17 cuts by Takahashi had supreme art with tons of details and at the same time great, smooth and high frame rated movements with top notch effects, take notes, Tate. He is just as good as Shida, just faster?
Now seriously, the effects felt and looked way different than they usually do, it looked just like in the ROF movie, with that extra glow and polish to the smoke and lighting. I wish it was always like that.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:46 pm

Amir wrote:That Vegeta vs Jiren and Toppo vs Gohan and 17 cuts by Takahashi had supreme art with tons of details and at the same time great, smooth and high frame rated movements with top notch effects, take notes, Tate. He is just as good as Shida, just faster?
Now seriously, the effects felt and looked way different than they usually do, it looked just like in the ROF movie, with that extra glow and polish to the smoke and lighting. I wish it was always like that.
His work was so much more impressive here then his last episode, like you said actual good movement and animation to back up the art, but I don't know how much of it is attributed to Shida's SB.

A Man named RJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by A Man named RJ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:42 pm

Somebody dropped this today. It looks ok, but it seems clear that this was made without understanding of what makes a face a "face."

Still Nice to see some fan work (despite it's unpolished jank) Would actually love to see more from this guy with more training. At the very least we wont get anymore of those "BETUR DAN TOWEEI" people.
I am an Animator, Illustrator, and Voice Actor. Check out MY Animation Thesis! HERE

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:54 pm

Most of that's referenced and/or traced from existing material, much like the vast majority of franchise-based fan animations on YouTube.

It doesn't belong in this thread, by the way. It should go in the Fan Works section. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

A Man named RJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by A Man named RJ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:59 pm

Ajay wrote:Most of that's referenced and/or traced from existing material, much like the vast majority of franchise-based fan animations on YouTube.

It doesn't belong in this thread, by the way. It should go in the Fan Works section. Thanks!
Whoopsies. My bad. I've been away for like 6 months. I've also been away from Super itself for a while since i got bored with it.
Lets just take that comment to say how Impressed I am with toei for making this production work after such a bad start.
I am an Animator, Illustrator, and Voice Actor. Check out MY Animation Thesis! HERE

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:28 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Future Trunks needs a shit so bad...:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Lmao.... if you don't laugh you'll cry DBS promo art is such a f**king shambles! :(
Funny to think that Goten never turned into SSJ in the actual series, besides opening and promotion stuff.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Asura

Post by Asura » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:55 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Future Trunks needs a shit so bad...:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Yeesh. Goku's hair looks so strange, and Goten's head is gigantic. Vegeta is sort of strange too. Like his head is either too far back or his chest is too big.

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:55 am

Here's my prediction for next month, since I'm really excited about it:
[spoiler]127:
Script: Ken'ichi Yamashita
Art Director: Shinzō Yuki
Animation Supervisors: Masahiro Shimanuki & Chihiro Tanaka
Storyboard & Director: Makoto Sonoda

Script: Toshio Yoshitaka
Art Director: Sei'ichiro Sugiura & Shinji Saito
Animation Supervisors: Naoki Tate & Shūichirō Manabe
Storyboard & Director: Masato Mitsuka

Script: Hiroshi Yamaguchi
Art Director: Shintarō Inoue & Yoshiyuki Shikano
Animation Supervisors: Yūji Hakamada & Hirotaka Nī & Kōji Nashizawa
Storyboard & Director: Ryōta Nakamura

Script: Atsuhiro Tomioka
Art Director: Bun-sun Lee
Animation Supervisors: Yūya Takahashi & Yuichi Karasawa
Storyboard & Director: Tatsuya Nagamine[/spoiler]

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:14 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
But if Yamamuro, who is apparently so busy (especially with the new DB movie) will be on the team of the EP 126, is because this EP really is something important, right? After all, he worked at few EPS in DBS
That or he's just talking it upon himself to help Yashima who has also been incredibly busy.
Given we're getting multiple supervisors now too definitely seems the final phase is taking it's toll so more hands the better, especially since Yashima I believe is supervisor on episode before?. Man his episode is gonna massive relief for everyone. In terms of alleviating others this maybe his most beneficial solo episode to date.

I do wonder if Yamamuro will key animate something during his half SB, when was the last he KA'd some proper action?

Can't imagine how worse DBS would've been like without Yashima.

Not to mention that apparently, in EP 126, we will have Yamamuro himself. Precisely in the episode in which it is said to Vegeta to 'surpass even a God'. I do not believe that those eyes made by Yamamuro are just '' mistakes ''
My god, the legs are sooooo much better on the SS Vegeta that was bothering me so much on that Vegeta it looks so awkward. But anyway I agree I don't think it is mistake given even when Yamamuro phones in he also still includes characteristics of the design here Vegeta is not only coloured darker in both hair and clothes and of course his eyes.

Curved eyes are the just best.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Future Trunks needs a shit so bad...:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Yashima is so fast. I still can't believe it myself! Super is lucky to have him around.
Majinwarman

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:15 am

Psykomatik wrote:Here's my prediction for next month, since I'm really excited about it:
[spoiler]127:
Script: Ken'ichi Yamashita
Art Director: Shinzō Yuki
Animation Supervisors: Masahiro Shimanuki & Chihiro Tanaka
Storyboard & Director: Makoto Sonoda

Script: Toshio Yoshitaka
Art Director: Sei'ichiro Sugiura & Shinji Saito
Animation Supervisors: Naoki Tate & Shūichirō Manabe
Storyboard & Director: Masato Mitsuka

Script: Hiroshi Yamaguchi
Art Director: Shintarō Inoue & Yoshiyuki Shikano
Animation Supervisors: Yūji Hakamada & Hirotaka Nī & Kōji Nashizawa
Storyboard & Director: Ryōta Nakamura

Script: Atsuhiro Tomioka
Art Director: Bun-sun Lee
Animation Supervisors: Yūya Takahashi & Yuichi Karasawa
Storyboard & Director: Tatsuya Nagamine[/spoiler]
Not bad predictions!
Majinwarman

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:08 am

Asura wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Future Trunks needs a shit so bad...:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Yeesh. Goku's hair looks so strange, and Goten's head is gigantic. Vegeta is sort of strange too. Like his head is either too far back or his chest is too big.
This promo artist always struggles with SSGSS Goku hair, example 1, example 2. Meanwhile good promo artisit is doing good work but for some reason isn't doing the main promo art. They're at least consistent with their hair. Side note I ended up pulling a secret rare SSGSS Vegeta which was done by shit promo artist the regular SSGSS Vegeta is done by the good one... you can't make this shit up I swear!

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:53 am

Not really anything new, but Shida's doing a little Q&A thing at the moment, and this little tidbit made me laugh:

Sasuga Super.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:14 am

Hawk9211 wrote:I heard kitano was demoted and takahashi is a supervisor?
Why no one is giving this one relevance, is it true or nay?

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:21 am

cuartas wrote:
Kitano is no longer a supervisor since 97, and he did key animation on 103, 109, 113, 115 and 119 while Takahashi is a supervisor since 114 and supervised 122.
So it's probably true, yeah.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:28 am

Psykomatik wrote:
cuartas wrote:
Kitano is no longer a supervisor since 97, and he did key animation on 103, 109, 113, 115 and 119 while Takahashi is a supervisor since 114 and supervised 122.
So it's probably true, yeah.
Kitano most likely got demoted because better supervisors became available around the time the Tournament Of Power was about to begin. Kitano wasn't chosen as a supervisor from the get-go because he was the best available, he was chosen because they was literally no-one else available.