Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:22 am

Firebolt wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:So with some interesting extracts from the Nakamura interview, with several sections relating to Super production. What do people think of the extent of his and Nagamine's involvement?
I think it's great how enthusiastic they are about Super. I find it interesting how Nakamura corrected the storyboards for some fights.

Also, by 'picture quality' does he mean animation and art? If so, we can thank him for the remarkable improvements Super has had in that regard.
Ajay pointed out that part of Nikaido's scene in 100 that was an homage to the Avengers was probably his inclusion.

By picture quality, I presume that means overall polish of each frame, stuff like linework and so forth.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:59 am

JazzMazz wrote:So with some interesting extracts from the Nakamura interview, with several sections relating to Super production. What do people think of the extent of his and Nagamine's involvement?

Also, looking forward to Tate and Manabe next episode, I seriously hope that they get to deliver something astounding(though for the special they seemed to have special preparations).
To be fair that's because they were directly asked about the special they weren't asked about production of #130/1 so that could have had and probably did have special prep too, given the timing of Tate and Manabe's rotation times and they fact they both were involved in that special too.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:25 pm

Speaking of that interview:
Takami: I hope people’s eyes are glued to director Nakamura’s full-force direction and the ending which Toriyama-sensei has prepared for this story. Personally I even get the feeling that Toriyama-sensei is trying to set up even more stories.

Nakamura: Even after the story is over, please keep watching to the end and don’t change the channel. There’ll be something special!
The tease is real! Anyone wanna place their bets about what this special thing will be?

I bet it's a little teaser for the new Movie done by Yamamuro that has nothing to do with the movie plot. It's still so far away. :lol:
Even though deep down I only wanted a confirmation that the show returns in 2019. I keep waiting for them to reveal how long this new Kitaro anime will be, but still nothing...
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:24 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Speaking of that interview:
Takami: I hope people’s eyes are glued to director Nakamura’s full-force direction and the ending which Toriyama-sensei has prepared for this story. Personally I even get the feeling that Toriyama-sensei is trying to set up even more stories.

Nakamura: Even after the story is over, please keep watching to the end and don’t change the channel. There’ll be something special!
The tease is real! Anyone wanna place their bets about what this special thing will be?

I bet it's a little teaser for the new Movie done by Yamamuro that has nothing to do with the movie plot. It's still so far away. :lol:
Even though deep down I only wanted a confirmation that the show returns in 2019. I keep waiting for them to reveal how long this new Kitaro anime will be, but still nothing...
I think it'll be something like that too. It's been 3 months since they announced it. That should be plenty of time to knock together some kind of key visual or a quick and dirty PV or something.

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:36 pm

so there's a chance to end the series in a special or what?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:42 pm

cuartas wrote:so there's a chance to end the series in a special or what?
No. One Piece is airing on both of the last two Sundays of March.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:49 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
Firebolt wrote:
I think it's great how enthusiastic they are about Super. I find it interesting how Nakamura corrected the storyboards for some fights.

Also, by 'picture quality' does he mean animation and art? If so, we can thank him for the remarkable improvements Super has had in that regard.
Ajay pointed out that part of Nikaido's scene in 100 that was an homage to the Avengers was probably his inclusion.

By picture quality, I presume that means overall polish of each frame, stuff like linework and so forth.
I like how that scenes are now being omages to popular movies and shows.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:59 am

JulieYBM wrote:
No. One Piece is airing on both of the last two Sundays of March.
I'm talking about the special after super end you guys are mentioning

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:32 pm

They're saying there will be something special at the very end of episode 131.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:25 pm

FIRST VISUAL AND STAFF FOR THE NEW MOVIE HAVE BEEN REVEALED!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/9 ... 1037403136

OMG THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!! FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE THE FIRST BROLY MOVIE, YAMAMURO IS NOT SUPERVISING A DRAGON BALL FILM! REJOICE MY FRIENDS! REJOICE!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:40 pm

Holy fuck. I hope Tate does a scene with these designs. Fuck, I hope Shintani is our new main character designer!

The beast is gone at last!
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:46 pm

superfan2024 wrote:FIRST VISUAL AND STAFF FOR THE NEW MOVIE HAVE BEEN REVEALED!!!!!!!!

OMG THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!! FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE THE FIRST BROLY MOVIE, YAMAMURO IS NOT SUPERVISING A DRAGON BALL FILM! REJOICE MY FRIENDS! REJOICE!
I like the body and flowing hair, but face is a lil weird. Still it's a nice little change to spice things up. *Rejoice* and *The beast is gone* though? Really? At least have some respect...sigh.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:49 pm

DainIronfoot wrote:I like the body and flowing hair, but face is a lil weird. Still it's a nice little change to spice things up. *Rejoice* and *The beast is gone* though? Really? At least have some respect...sigh.
I think his eyes are just a bit too low compared to his nose which makes his face look off.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:56 pm

DainIronfoot wrote:
superfan2024 wrote:FIRST VISUAL AND STAFF FOR THE NEW MOVIE HAVE BEEN REVEALED!!!!!!!!

I like the body and flowing hair, but face is a lil weird. Still it's a nice little change to spice things up. *Rejoice* and *The beast is gone* though? Really? At least have some respect...sigh.
Yeah. Yamamuro wasn’t a monster.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:58 pm

No, his was a terrible reign. It is over and I am happy for that.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:01 pm

DainIronfoot wrote:

Ok, one: I never said "the beast is gone." Two, i'm chanting "rejoice" because we finally have someone other than Yamamuro mainly supervising a DB movie for over 20 years. By all means, I have respect for Yamamuro, I enjoy his work too at times, but having a new fresh supervisor who's also a really great animator is what made me so excited. So don't start.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:06 pm

And honestly, i hope this isn’t the design of Goku for this movie. He looks too American cartoony, and different from the usual design. I guess he’s more Saiyan Saga and I’d prefer Buu saga
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:07 pm

JulieYBM wrote:No, his was a terrible reign. It is over and I am happy for that.

You can be happy theres a change (I'm interested as well because itll spice things up with something new) while still showing respect. Whether you like his art/animation or not, if you don't have anything respectful or constructive to say, don't say anything. Getting tired of people who say such mindless things. It's no better than those trolls who would message Shida with hate on Yamamuro. Don't be like that.

And @Superfan the beast is gone was not directed at you. Glad you have respect for him, and your reasons for happiness are justified. Also, don't post things like "Don't start". -_-

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:11 pm

Will Takahashi, Shida or Tate be working on the last episodes?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:15 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Will Takahashi, Shida or Tate be working on the last episodes?

Takahashi is going to be on 131, Tate is in 130 and I'm pretty sure Shida will be as well. At least in one of the two remaining.