Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 82

Post by Mazingerdestro » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:04 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Alee9977 wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: I've been pro-filter all along, although I wasn't a fan of the contrast issues it presented. The backgrounds actually work now, this was a fine way to counteract the talentless monkey in charge of the color palette.
Maybe talentless monkey is a little too much, if he is there it may be because of something, this one is better than the other we had for the 46 first episodes.
I was just being inflammatory, I'm sure he's usually fine. For whatever reason, they just couldn't get the foreground and background to blend correctly before the filter.
Show some respect towards the monkey. It has feelings

Nasryyy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nasryyy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:48 am

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
was this shot corrected in the blu ray and that shimanuki cut in episode 50 ? psykomatik ?

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:54 am

Nasryyy wrote:was this shot corrected in the blu ray and that shimanuki cut in episode 50 ? psykomatik ?
Nope. Though I'm not sure why it would have been. It's a harmless inbetween.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Shimanuki's cut remains the same, too.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:43 am

ArchedThunder wrote: Hold your horses a little bit, it's always good to keep expectations in check. We might be seeing them doing things right now to improve the schedule by a large amount, or they could just be doing heavy outsourcing so things don't fall apart, we still have to wait and see. Sure, things could be normal by the next arc, but it's way to early to even guess if that will be the case. Let's wait and see how the beginning of the Battle Royal and the episodes that follow turn out before even guessing how things might be for the next arc.

It feels like we've been climbing a mountain for the past few months and the peak is near, but we don't know if what's on the other side is a beautiful valley or a desolate wasteland.
It's okay to hope, I'm certainly hoping that what we're seeing means good things for the future, but it's always best to make sure your hopes don't turn into expectations.
Of course, like I said before, hope for the best and ready for the worst.
Everything I said earlier is almost like an utopia for Super, but it could happen, chances are minimum and my expectation is low but it can happen.

Nasryyy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nasryyy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:26 pm

Ajay wrote: Shimanuki's cut remains the same, too.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
how can they not correct that ?? weird

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:48 pm

Nasryyy wrote:how can they not correct that ?? weird
His scene isn't badly drawn, really. It's just not very well animated. It's a tiny blip in an otherwise solid episode.

As for why it wasn't fixed? Probably a superiority thing. He was an assistant supervisor on the episode.

Supervising a supervisor! Doesn't seem to happen on Super outside of episode 5, which was obviously a special case.

That, or as I said, it wasn't considered a big deal -- which it isn't.

Deadtuber.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:33 pm

Ajay wrote:
Nasryyy wrote:how can they not correct that ?? weird
His scene isn't badly drawn, really. It's just not very well animated. It's a tiny blip in an otherwise solid episode.

As for why it wasn't fixed? Probably a superiority thing. He was an assistant supervisor on the episode.

Supervising a supervisor! Doesn't seem to happen on Super outside of episode 5, which was obviously a special case.

That, or as I said, it wasn't considered a big deal -- which it isn't.
I think the part that needs to be fixed is the ssj hair though.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:36 pm

kinisking wrote:I think the part that needs to be fixed is the ssj hair though.
That's a fair point. If that's what Nasrayyy was trying to get at, then I apologise.

Yeah, Toei are inconsistent in their fixing of inconsistencies. The episode prior to this is the most egregious example.

Deadtuber.

Nasryyy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nasryyy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:46 pm

Ajay wrote:
That's a fair point. If that's what Nasrayyy was trying to get at, then I apologise.

Yeah, Toei are inconsistent in their fixing of inconsistencies. The episode prior to this is the most egregious example.
yeah i wasn't talking about the animation or the art i meant the ssj hair

Octorockandroll
Beyond Newbie

Post by Octorockandroll » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:43 pm

Nasryyy wrote:
Ajay wrote:

Honestly they just seem to have given up on doing anything with super saiyan hair. Aside from Super Saiyan Rage Trunks we haven't seen a single new hair design in all of Super. It really pisses me off, especially because of how cool the styles got in Z (even though that too was inconsistent in its depiction of SSJ hair at times)
"*sarcastically* Yeah, sure, let's go see Yamcha."

-Vegeta

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:34 pm

Octorockandroll wrote:
Nasryyy wrote:
Ajay wrote:

Honestly they just seem to have given up on doing anything with super saiyan hair. Aside from Super Saiyan Rage Trunks we haven't seen a single new hair design in all of Super. It really pisses me off, especially because of how cool the styles got in Z (even though that too was inconsistent in its depiction of SSJ hair at times)
I love the singular bang, but it would have been nice to see a unique ssj look for Gohan.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Nasryyy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nasryyy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:22 pm

Did Kenji Miuma worked on any of these exhibition matches ?
i kinda liked his work on 66 and 75

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:55 pm

Nasryyy wrote:Did Kenji Miuma worked on any of these exhibition matches ?
i kinda liked his work on 66 and 75
He was on episode 80 but I don't really know his style so I can't tell you what he did.

Ajay

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 83

Post by Ajay » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:59 pm

Episode 83

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I've also finished Nashizawa's entry on the main page if you want to check out his previous episodes.

He's been the top credited key animator on so many episodes, yet his style very rarely shines through. It's quite interesting to see it emerge upon promotion.

Supervisors certainly do more than we give them credit for on this series.

Deadtuber.

Nasryyy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nasryyy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:02 pm

Ajay wrote:Episode 83

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I've also finished Nashizawa's entry on the main page if you want to check out his previous episodes.

He's been the top credited key animator on so many episodes, yet his style very rarely shines through. It's quite interesting to see it emerge upon promotion.

dat gohan looks like tsutomo ono's really like koji's style

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:05 pm

kinisking wrote:
Octorockandroll wrote:
Nasryyy wrote: yeah i wasn't talking about the animation or the art i meant the ssj hair
I love the singular bang, but it would have been nice to see a unique ssj look for Gohan.
I just realized I forgot to specify Rof Gohan.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:10 pm

I think you should probably also note in Nashizawa's listing that he animated all of Xenoverse 2's 2D cutscenes.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:24 pm

Ajay wrote:Episode 83

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

That Goku and Vegeta is so unique. I think I like it but I also need time to adjust. The gohan looks kind of odd though.

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:36 am

Subtle differences

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:27 am

ArchedThunder wrote:I think you should probably also note in Nashizawa's listing that he animated all of Xenoverse 2's 2D cutscenes.
Totally forgot about that. Thanks! I'll add it shortly.

Deadtuber.