Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:11 pm

How much do you guys think Yamamuro will KA himself next week? He's been really busy the last few months so I think he may be like Manabe was on #130 and concentrate on primarily correcting.

Still hoping for Onishi to pop up too.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:13 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:How much do you guys think Yamamuro will KA himself next week? He's been really busy the last few months so I think he may be like Manabe was on #130 and concentrate on primarily correcting.

Yeah. I think Onishi will show up nice more too. The way i see it for Yammy is that, if he is correcting Takahashi, then every other scene in the episode better look on model because he shouldn’t be wasting his time correcting the person he should least be worried about.

Yammy will probably animate the summoning of Super Shenron and the wish. I’d love for Takahashi to do it but i want him to focus on the fight. I believe I also saw Shimanuki in the preview so I think we’ll have KA from:

Yammy
Takahashi
Onishi (wishful thinking)
Shimanuki
and some other folks.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

paulo89988

Post by paulo89988 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:36 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:How much do you guys think Yamamuro will KA himself next week? He's been really busy the last few months so I think he may be like Manabe was on #130 and concentrate on primarily correcting.

Yeah. I think Onishi will show up nice more too. The way i see it for Yammy is that, if he is correcting Takahashi, then every other scene in the episode better look on model because he shouldn’t be wasting his time correcting the person he should least be worried about.

Yammy will probably animate the summoning of Super Shenron and the wish. I’d love for Takahashi to do it but i want him to focus on the fight. I believe I also saw Shimanuki in the preview so I think we’ll have KA from:

Yammy
Takahashi
Shimanuki
and some other folks.
Also maybe:
Jin Inaba
Kenta Yokoya (wishful thinking²)
Hiroyuki Itai
Koji Nashizawa (he didn't do any key animation in ep 129)
Yukihiro Kitano (not necessarily exciting but makes sense for him to be here)

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:50 pm

paulo89988 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:

Yammy
Takahashi
Shimanuki
and some other folks.
Also maybe:
Jin Inaba
Hiroyuki Itai
I’d rather replace Kitano with Toei Philippines but with Yammy on board, if Kitanoi does come, Yammy better 100% correct him before he goes from correcting Takahashi instead...

Wonder what the chances are for Miyako Tsuji and Takeyo Ide.

Anyway, how good is Kenta Yokoya?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:26 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:

Yammy
Takahashi
Shimanuki
and some other folks.
I don't think we'd have to worry about Yamamuro not correcting off model/iffy art for better or worse he has a good track record for corrections.

If Onishi hasn't popped up in anything Toei lately good chance he might pop up here.

Takahashi we know he is quick and he's not burdened with supervision for this episode so I feel like he may KA quite a bit of the fight. Assuming the fight is just relegated to Part A, I hope they do not stretch beyond that...

paulo89988

Post by paulo89988 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:46 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
paulo89988 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Yeah. I think Onishi will show up nice more too. The way i see it for Yammy is that, if he is correcting Takahashi, then every other scene in the episode better look on model because he shouldn’t be wasting his time correcting the person he should least be worried about.

Yammy
Takahashi
Shimanuki
and some other folks.
Also maybe:
Jin Inaba
Hiroyuki Itai
I’d rather replace Kitano with Toei Philippines but with Yammy on board, if Kitanoi does come, Yammy better 100% correct him before he goes from correcting Takahashi instead...

Wonder what the chances are for Miyako Tsuji and Takeyo Ide.

Anyway, how good is Kenta Yokoya?
I don't think Ide will have to correct a lot of shots, considering Yamamuro is in the episode...

Yokoya is really good, he usually animates in mecha anime, like Ken Otsuka, but in super we only saw 2 tiny scenes from him: Goku's kamehameha agains Kefla in ep 116 and Vegeta exploding himself in ep 126, and it looked amazing, he's incredible with effects and his character art is distictive but pretty good, though it would probably be corrected by Yamamuro. Hopefully, if he is in this episode, we will get to see him doing some more complex animation (and hopefully Shimanuki does the same)

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:27 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:

Yammy
Takahashi
Shimanuki
and some other folks.
I don't think we'd have to worry about Yamamuro not correcting off model/iffy art for better or worse he has a good track record for corrections.

If Onishi hasn't popped up in anything Toei lately good chance he might pop up here.

Takahashi we know he is quick and he's not burdened with supervision for this episode so I feel like he may KA quite a bit of the fight. Assuming the fight is just relegated to Part A, I hope they do not stretch beyond that...
I think that the fight will last for half of the episode and everything else in the second half.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:30 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Between these two tweets:

https://twitter.com/naoV47/status/956009544370487296
https://twitter.com/naoV47/status/961974443596591104

It’s safe to say that Shida will be on the movie or at the very least, will try to be on the movie.
I think that he will do well under these character designs and hope to see his cut if he is in it.
Majinwarman

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:35 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: It’s safe to say that Shida will be on the movie or at the very least, will try to be on the movie.
They already said they want to make this the best looking Movie of the franchise, and the staff we have confirmed so far proves they are serious about that claim.
Unless something goes wrong, Shida will certainly be in the Movie. It doesn't make sense to leave a beast like him out of this.

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:22 pm

I'm wondering, did ajay post the staff for ep 130?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:06 pm

cuartas wrote:I'm wondering, did ajay post the staff for ep 130?
Yes, he did.

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:55 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
cuartas wrote:I'm wondering, did ajay post the staff for ep 130?
Yes, he did.
Thanks
Holy crap, that's a big staff :shock:
I can't find where Otsuka and Ishikawa contributed to the episode though

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:43 pm

Hey! What is your opinions on the animation and art in the new movie trailer?
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBflpbZawAY
Majinwarman

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:45 pm

majinwarman wrote:Hey! What is your opinions on the animation and art in the new movie trailer?
Terrific! Already oozes more expressiveness and personality that BoG and RoF combined.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:49 pm

I love bouncy Goku; my favorite part of the teaser! :mrgreen:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:51 pm

Draconic wrote:
majinwarman wrote:Hey! What is your opinions on the animation and art in the new movie trailer?
Terrific! Already oozes more expressiveness and personality that BoG and RoF combined.
Do you like the less detailed art or do you want the Takahashi art/old designs back?
Majinwarman

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:51 pm

Chuquita wrote:I love bouncy Goku; my favorite part of the teaser! :mrgreen:
It does have lots of life to it thanks to this art and animation style in the trailer.
Majinwarman

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:02 pm

That trailer perfectly sums up why I've been advocating for animation-friendly designs for years. Amazing.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:04 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Draconic wrote:
Do you like the less detailed art or do you want the Takahashi art/old designs back?
I like both, but in terms of character design and general look, I prefer the loose approach, because it helps give this little great looking animated moments even to more "static" moments, if that makes sense. As an example, compare Goku's warming up jumps in the teaser, to something like him stretching in BoG on Kaio's planet. It's just so much more bouncy and visually pleasing like this.

Also, this less detailed art style doesn't necessarily stop animators like Takahashi and Shida to add their own flair and detail in their art, in the way something like Yammamuro's designs do.
To put it simply, less detail leaves room for adding more detail to the animator's choice, while more detail doesn't allow for that.

Sure, things depend on the supervisor too, not just the individual animators, but a good supervisor wouldn't ruin a great looking scene. Corrections here and there to keep things cohesive are to be expected, but I don't imagine one would redraw entire sequences that already look good.
Last edited by Draconic on Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:04 pm

Ajay wrote:That trailer perfectly sums up why I've been advocating for animation-friendly designs for years. Amazing.
It really reminds me of Pokémon Sun and Moon and I love it!
Majinwarman