Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dhaval_dongre
Beyond Newbie

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 72

Post by dhaval_dongre » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:21 am

The art was fine, nothing offensive. There wasn't anything substantial in terms of animation though. Another conservative episode. NEP looked nice.

Shreyas_Singh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shreyas_Singh » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:48 am

That 360° lizard transformation in the beginning surprised me . This one was alright for a filler man,next week looks even better.
Feel free to correct me if I say something wrong.

dhaval_dongre
Beyond Newbie

Post by dhaval_dongre » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:54 am

Shreyas_Singh wrote:That 360° lizard transformation in the beginning surprised me . This one was alright for a filler man,next week looks even better.
Ya that was good. Also the part where the Watagash cuts the Tower with his laser was interesting.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:57 am

I loved the shot of Gohan hugging Videl, that is the best shot of Gohan in Super I think, now that he is taking part of the new arc, I hope we see more shots like that.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:37 am

Alee9977 wrote:I loved the shot of Gohan hugging Videl, that is the best shot of Gohan in Super I think, now that he is taking part of the new arc, I hope we see more shots like that.
I loved that shot too! I prefer his shots in episode 67 though. I also liked some shots of his in episode 7 too. Outside of that, he looks a little off a lot of the time.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:56 am

Here's a gif of that one really nice piece of animation in this episode.
I wonder who did this.
Also I just realized we've gone two episodes in a row without Higashide. I wonder if he's on the next episode or if he's completely focused on the next arc now. I'ma guess he'll be on the next episode.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:01 am

Terribly directed episode. The second half in particular I felt scenes weren't that well constructed. I guess the storyboard wasn't good. Animation wise, it didn't have any impact as someone said.

Shreyas_Singh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shreyas_Singh » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:36 am

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Terribly directed episode. The second half in particular I felt scenes weren't that well constructed. I guess the storyboard wasn't good. Animation wise, it didn't have any impact as someone said.
Yeah I noticed some motion tweening too when Gohan was being thrown away ,but overall it's not that bad . The direction didn't ruin anything I actually enjoyed this one. Super's action lacks impact in general actually.
Feel free to correct me if I say something wrong.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:47 am

Shreyas_Singh wrote: Yeah I noticed some motion tweening too when Gohan was being thrown away ,but overall it's not that bad . The direction didn't ruin anything I actually enjoyed this one. Super's action lacks impact in general actually.
Oh, I didn't care for this episode. I was just giving my opinion on it and the second half was downright bad to me. It's a filler episode after all, so it's understandable. It's good that you got some enjoyment out of it.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:11 am

I hope they don't use any good animators for next episode.

dhaval_dongre
Beyond Newbie

Post by dhaval_dongre » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:17 am

SaiyanGod117 wrote:I hope they don't use any good animators for next episode.
They are actually. Its going to be Nashizawa and Manabe I believe. But it won't matter much if its conservative like the previous 6-7 episodes.

Nashizawa started working on the series during the FT arc right? If so, does anyone know which episode ? Is he as good as Manabe ?

Edit: They might just supervise the episode like Karasawa did during 72 or might work on the same degree as Tate did. Both of which will be fine by me. They have done well to conserve the top staff till now.

Gashif Aldi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gashif Aldi » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:25 am

Well, most of these animators are super-conservative. So, I think it's not that bad.
But, next 2 episodes are actually focused on action.
I don't even think it's heavy action. So no worries...
I'm bad at English and still learning. If there's anything wrong, please correct me. :D

Profile Picture is from:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:11 am

Well the NEP looked really good and this next episode is actually the return of Tomioka as writer, it makes me think think that despite the arc not technically starting till the 77th episode they might be treating 75 as the unofficial start in terms of how they use staff. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Kitano's incredibly light touch (as well as the episode only having 10 people despite being wanpack) on this episode is very interesting, it somewhat mirrors how Shimanuki and Karasawa both had very light touches on their most recent episodes, adding more fuel to the fire for the theory that this filler serves the purpose of improving production.

iAnimationLover_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by iAnimationLover_ » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:33 am

dhaval_dongre wrote:
They are actually. Its going to be Nashizawa and Manabe I believe. But it won't matter much if its conservative like the previous 6-7 episodes.

Nashizawa started working on the series during the FT arc right? If so, does anyone know which episode ? Is he as good as Manabe ?

Edit: They might just supervise the episode like Karasawa did during 72 or might work on the same degree as Tate did. Both of which will be fine by me. They have done well to conserve the top staff till now.
Nashizawa has been here since episode 1. But promoted to the supervisor roll in episode 62(?)

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:41 am

Yep sir that's right. Before his promotion he did KA in, Dragon Ball Super #45, #42,#39, #35, #30, #29, #25,#20, #14, #13, #11, #8, #1

BakaManiaHD
Beyond Newbie

Post by BakaManiaHD » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:05 am

Wow, this NEP shot has a really Z/Shimanuki shading style
Does anyone know who animated this sequence?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
kill me

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:24 am

BakaManiaHD wrote:Wow, this NEP shot has a really Z/Shimanuki shading style
Does anyone know who animated this sequence?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Hard to say, Krillin is a particularly hard character to figure out who drew a shot with. I don't personally notice any defining features in the shot. The ear looks similar to Xenoverse 2, so maybe Nashizawa?
In general that part of the NEP looked great, every frame of Krillin flying at the camera is really well drawn, no low quality tweens.
I really like the shading in the final frame of that scene as well.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:24 am

Hey look. Kitano is Back!!!!!
Finally quality animation and character designs
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:27 am

Mazingerdestro wrote:Hey look. Kitano is Back!!!!!
Finally quality animation and character designs
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
That's not Kitano! That's a Wanpack animator. Nevermind. I saw the scene in context. I was wrong.

This is Kitano:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:28 am

Still not even close to his best art on the series, though there were a few quality Barry shots from him.

EDIT: Ah, is that actually Ide?
Doubt Edit: Oh, nvm, lol.
Ajay wrote: This is Kitano:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
These are Kitano too, right?
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Kitano did even less than I thought, unless Tsuji corrected some of his work.